"99%=hate, 1%=love" : Part 3

Amethyst's One-Shot Collection for YUNJAE

“You know ahjushii…I dreamt about something weird last night…”

 

“About what, Jaejoong-shi…may I know…?” Unfortunately; before Jaejoong open up his mouth; they’re already reached in front of school gate.

 

*At School

 

“Ehh…he isn’t here yet…Did I come too early…?” Jaejoong was wondering about that particular boy next to him but he brushed off the thought when he’s seeing that almost all of his classmates were already there.

 

*Meanwhile in Jung’s Resident

 

*PRANG!!!

 

He accidentally bumped with the vase at the corner of the room. He staggered around while clutching onto his left chest. It’s not like it never happened before; it did and he got used to it. But this time; the pain wouldn’t subside even after 15 minutes. He couldn’t breathe; his heart felt like was crushing smothering him. He bit onto his lips till it bleeds out.

 

*PRANG!!!

 

Flailing around; he squashed all the things to the ground; crashing one by one. He heard the faint sound of running steps coming towards his room. It’s getting nearer but he felt like he couldn’t wait. Even for inhaling oxygen one more time; for him it’s the hardest thing to do. It seems like it stuck at hi throat; blocked and have no way out.

 

He held onto his neck; clamping his chest even tighter and his eyes were forced to close.

 

“Omma!” He mouthed with his hunching body. That’s when the door of his room was banged hardly. His parents alerted with his condition and rushed closer to him.

 

“YUNHO-AH!!!!! YUNHO-AH!!!!!” His father grabbed onto his shoulders and shook him.

 

“Call the ambulance…hurry up…!” His omma nodded furiously and dialed for an emergency call.

 

“YUNHO-AH…DO YOU HEAR ME…?!!!”

 

“U…ur..rrr..gghhhh…Hur….t…hurt…” Yunho couldn’t able to talk. He reached its limit.

 

“YUNHO-AH…STAY WITH APPA…DON’T CLOSE YOUR EYES SON…” His mother came encouraging him.

 

“We couldn’t wait anymore…we should rush to the hospital…” His father made a decision.

 

He picked Yunho’s body up in a swing and carrying him down; running towards the garage. His mother follows behind after grabbing all the personal important things. Mr. Jung put him at the back and started the engine car. Yunho’s tense body’s starting to ease; not because he’s okay. But because his eye lids have lost the battle and closed down.

 

********************************

 

“Y…yunji-ah…” Mrs. Kim approached her best friend closer. She couldn’t stop crying and sobbing hard. Mrs. Kim placed her hand on her back gently and pulled her into a hug.

 

“I’m sorry…” that’s what she could say.

 

“This is the second times…and it could be the last time…what should I do, Ji Hae-ah…” Mrs. Kim has lost her words and joining her in crying instead of calming her down. They knew it better than anyone else that the attack happened right at the time their sons met with each other once again.

 

“I should just stop them yesterday…” Mr.Kim blurted apologetically to Mr. Jung.

 

“No…it wasn’t your fault…and certainly not Jaejoongie’s fault…he doesn’t know about this…” Mr. Jung said.

 

“We ourselves couldn’t stop Yunho…how could we do that…when he finally found his smile back…” Mr.Jung continued; he has sour expression as he recalled back how cheerful Yunho is because of Jaejoong.

 

“Should we tell Jaejoongie about this…?” Mr. Kim suggested. Mr. Jung held on Mr. Kim’s arm while shaking his head.

 

“Don’t force that kid…and I don’t think Yunho would like the idea…” Mrs. Kim nodded in agreement. She admitted that they really spoiled their only son. Grants almost of his wishes are what they like the most. But she couldn’t agree more with Mr. Jung when she remembers how determined Yunho was at the time he asked for their favour.

 

*FLASHBACK

 

Mrs. Kim jogged towards the door as soon as she can when she heard the bell rang. But what she doesn’t know that someone’s waiting outside their door is the one that will going to change their life at that moment.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo Mrs. Kim…” Yunho bowed and showed his bright smile; exposing his neat line up white teeth.

 

Mrs. Kim of course was spazzing once he saw the familiar young man in front of her; except that they met when Yunho’s a bit shorter than he is now.

 

“Yunnie…?” She called.

 

Yunho answered with a light nod. She hurriedly call for her husband excitedly; mentioning that the only son of their best friends who also their neighbor when they lived in Guam was there.

 

They acknowledged the fact that how sick Yunho is back then. Seeing the healthy one; smiling at them purely; they thought it was really a miracle. Unfortunately it wasn’t as miracle as they thought it would be when Yunho bent down on his knees before them; asking for their favor.

 

“Let me make Jaejoongie love me…just this once…” is what Yunho said. Both of them looked at each other with a big question mark. It’s not like they’re against what Yunho want; they’re more than willing to fulfill it.

 

“…just for the times I have left…” They frowned.

 

“Yunnie-ah…he…”

 

“I know…he doesn’t even remember me…sadly…” Yunho interrupted even before Mr. Kim has a chance to finish his sentence.

 

“Doctor said it’s called as suppressed memory…memory he doesn’t want to remember or too scared to remember…”

 

“I’ll make him remember me eventually…” Yunho gazed meaningfully at Jaejoong’s parents.

 

“That’s why I’m here…asking for your help; for your supports…don’t ever tell him about this matter…I want him to come to me because he wants to…not because he has to…”  

 

*FLASHBACK END

 

*****************************

 

Yunho’s eyes flutter open. With droopy heavy eyes; he realized he was in the hospital. As he’s looking at his surrounding; he was attached with so many medical equipments and he breathe with the help of the life supporting machine. He closed his eyes in relieve because he knew he just survived another dangerous fight.

 

“It’s not the time yet…I just gained Jaejoong’s trust…” Yunho mumbled.

 

“Honey; you’re up! THANK GOD!” His mother came and put down Yunho’s important items on the bed side table. The I-phone, his hand phone, comic and something else. She caressed Yunho’s hair and kissed on top of his forehead sweetly.

 

“You know how scared Omma was…? You frightened us to death; my dear Yunnie…” Yunho smiled weakly upon his mother’s complaint.

 

“I’m sorry…” Yunho’s voice muffled. Mrs. Jung shook her head while playing with Yunho’s hair.

 

“H…how many days…ehem…” Yunho felt the pain on his throat whenever he tried to talk.

 

His saliva to him even tastes the blood. Yunho tried to clear his throat; and the pain shot him straightforward. He lifted his hand and moved it closer to his neck and like what he predicted; they used to insert a tube through it. It was covered with cloth bandage now.

 

“It’s two weeks…” She answered while cupping ; trying to hold back the tears.

 

“Let me guess…you’ve been crying since then…” Yunho teased with his hoarse voice.

 

“Two weeks huh…” For him; it’s such a long time. Jaejoong must be really worried.

 

“He knew you took an urgent leave from school…he just doesn’t know because of what reason…” Mrs. Jung told him in advance like she can read what Yunho’s currently thinking. Yunho nodded.

 

“Well…Ji Hae told me that they frequently heard Jaejoongie’s screaming calling you an idiot…” A smile spread across his face along with a slight red tint on his cheek.

 

Yunho then thought of something when his eyes lay on the phone. He reached out his hand to grab the hand phone and Mrs. Jung saw that. She gave to him instead.  He began typing really fast.

 

~I’ve been gone just for 2 weeks and you’re missing me crazily already…? From ur dearest Yunnie~

 

Yunho pressed ‘send’ and a light happy chuckle escaped from his lips. He can imagine how Jaejoong would react. Yunho didn’t have to wait for such a long time when he received a reply from Jaejoong soon after that.

 

~Getting nausea already when reading ur message…just wait; you’ll die when you meet me…~

 

Yunho’s fingers moved expertly as he’s typing. The smile doesn’t leave his face.

 

~It’s so obvious that you missed me…you’re frustrated for not able to meet me; right…~ Yunho clicked on the send button. A while after he received a reply from Jaejoong.

 

~I’ll seriously kill you, JUNG YUNHO! Any last wish?~ Yunho smirked.

 

Mr. Jung poked his wife’s shoulder and pointing at Yunho; questioned the way Yunho behaved.

 

“How can he be so happy…he just passed the death calling…”

 

“It’s Jaejoongie…” Mr. Jung’s mouth formed an ‘O’ when hearing Jaejoong’s name.

 

*On the other side

 

Jaejoong laid on the bed with his stomach down flatly while waiting for Yunho’s reply. His heart thumped madly when he read each word.

 

~Ouch! My last wish…let us have a proper date…as a loving couple…~

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHH~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!” Jaejoong went off from his bed and ran in a circle. He jumped in excitement while screaming at high note. He could feel his cheek burning in hot.

 

*******************************

*Jaejoong’s POV

 

I filled everything needed for the date. For the first time ever; I touched the microwave and oven just to make something special for Yunho. The one that I cook myself. I met with several failures and not to forget the stomach ache laughs from my father.

 

Luckily Omma is there with me; taught me every little thing. At last I succeed in making cookies without burnt them completely and the cake that taste like a cake although it wasn’t the best cake in the world but at least it neither turned into a hard tone nor uncooked in the middle.

 

Omma said I’m good at something; decorating. That’s why I can make sandwiches even if it’s my first time trying out and she loves how I decorated the cookies as well as the cake.

 

I patted the picnic basket with dreamy eyes. It’s been three weeks since the last time we met. When I agreed to have a proper date with him; Yunho asked me to choose something that doesn’t require lots of strength; screaming; running and anything that involve energy. He said that he was too tired to do all those things and I suggested to him picnic. I did some research about all the best places for our picnic through the internet but somehow my mind will always fly back to my favorite lake behind the school. Not so many people aware about that fact and I decided to use this opportunity to be alone with Yunho.

 

“Hurm…day dreaming?” My mother’s voice brought me back to reality. I avoided any eye contacts with omma and urged for her to help me to put the picnic basket in the car while I get dress up.

 

*******************************

 

Jaejoong’s lips arched upwards slightly. He was hardly able to pull off a happy face in front of his friends. The school’s unexpectedly full with students that day when it’s in fact on weekend.

 

“You don’t know Jaejoongie…? The students are busy practicing for the upcoming tournament…shouldn’t you be in basketball court…?”

 

“I’m not a basketball player…” His eyes were secretly sending an irritating message to Yunho who stood not far from him. He also was caught up with their fellow friends.

 

“I know…but you love watching them playing…right…?” Jaejoong’s eyes softened when his friend mentioned about basketball. He glanced back at Yunho; a little bit lost. Yes; he almost forgot about that.  It’s because his brain has being occupied with the thought of Yunho recently.

 

“I thought you’re here for that…” His friend added noticing that Jaejoong wasn’t there for that purpose.

 

“I…I…” Jaejoong’s stuttering. He hid the picnic basket behind his back.

 

“I’m sorry...Jaejoongie have a date with me today…” Jaejoong froze when he feel a warm hand on his hand.

 

Like a gentleman he is; Yunho came and confessed while intertwining their hands together. Meanwhile his other hand reaching out for the picnic basket Jaejoong brought along together. Jaejoong lowered down his head shyly feeling his cheeks heating up.

 

“What?!!! You have a date with our Jaejoongie…? How could you…?!” They’re shrieking in dissatisfaction. Yunho pulled Jaejoong to walk together as he smiled in victory.

 

Jaejoong didn’t dare to raise his head as they’re walking together hand in hand. He’s completely assured that people might have mistakenly thought that he caught a fever because of the high temperature. But at the same time he’s really thankful that Yunho doesn’t or anything. Little did he know that he wasn’t the only one. Yunho felt like his heart wanna jump out of his chest having bravely declared something like that in front of other people.

 

 Since they got there; Yunho never once opened up his mouth talking except he used it for eating while enjoying the scenery peacefully. Jaejoong on the other hand just watching the side of his face with smile plastering his lips and slowly yet gently placed his lunch inside his mouth.

 

The lake garden is Jaejoong’s most favorite place. Even tough the spot is not new for Jaejoong, but the scenery itself brings such calm and romantic feelings. With the soft blow winds, the chirping birds, the sounds of leaves, and the flowers surrounding them, he glad that he’s still alive to cherish this special place with someone special.

 

But sitting with Yunho this close make his heart beating faster than normal.

 

“You do realize that I can see those burn marks coloring the cookies don’t you…” Yunho’s voice intervened Jaejoong’s heavenly thought.

 

“Thanks for ruining the moment for me…” Jaejoong closed his eyes in defeated. Jaejoong put down the sandwich. Yunho glanced at the sulking Jaejoong.

 

“Just so you know…I’m already at the stage that can eat anything that you cook for me…even if you gave me poison I probably just think it’s love potion…”

 

“You know what…it sounds so sweet to me…but it just another way of you’re saying that I’m poisoning you with my cook right…” Jaejoong’s eyes piecing at Yunho like a hungry eagle aiming at his victim.

 

“You’re so brilliant…” Yunho pinched Jaejoong’s cheek. Jaejoong slapped his hand in that instant. Jaejoong stuffed the sandwich ignoring the witty Yunho next beside him. Yunho smirked.

 

Soon after they finished eating; Yunho laid down on the fresh grass while looking at the blue sky. He put both of his hands underneath his neck and crossed his legs. Jaejoong packed everything back into the basket. Jaejoong didn’t budge as he sat still on the ground with his eyes look straight onto Yunho. Jaejoong noticed that Yunho looks a bit different from before. His lips pale and dry. His eyes are red and there’s even dark line underneath his eyes like he was deprived of sleeps. Jaejoong took out his lip balm and applied it on his lips.

 

“What are you doing…?” Yunho asked directly feeling odd seeing a boy putting a glossy lip balm on his lips.

 

“I have to put this frequently…my lip’s easily get dry and crack…it’s really painful…” Jaejoong explained briefly.

 

“Like this…?” Yunho pointed to his own lips. Jaejoong nodded in reply.

 

“Even worst than that actually…”

 

“I want to put it too…” Yunho opened up his palm request for the lip balm inside Jaejoong’s hand.

 

“No…you can’t…I don’t share it with any man…” Jaejoong hurriedly keep it away.

 

“Just forget about it…” Yunho arose in standing position.

 

He arched his back while Jaejoong just observing his acts from the side. Yunho put out his hand to Jaejoong and Jaejoong accepted it as he thought Yunho just helping him to stand up but instead Yunho never let his hand go.

 

“It’s nice to walk with you holding hands like this…it’s like telling the world that you’re mine…” Yunho exclaimed.

 

Jaejoong snatched his hand back abruptly; taken Yunho by surprised. Yunho looked back at him with question marks showing all over his face.

 

“Yunho-ah…” Jaejoong called softly as he walked towards Yunho. Yunho watched him with a clueless face. Jaejoong only stopped when he’s right under Yunho’s chin. Jaejoong looked into Yunho’s eyes deeply while palming his cheek.

 

“Jae…” Yunho wasn’t given a chance to ask when Jaejoong pressed his lips against Yunho.  Yunho’s eyes grew bigger; totally didn’t see that’s coming.

 

“Now…you don’t look pale anymore…” Jaejoong said as soon as they parted; mentioning the glossy lip balm that was transferred to Yunho’s lips in the process. Jaejoong then ran feeling embarrassed with his act.

 

“Kim Jaejoong…I probably love you more than I thought I able to…” Yunho muttered. He smiled.

 

*******************************

min_ka > waaah~ you almost got it all right...I'm impressed...the final is next...just wait okay...thanks for ur warm comment too! thanks for reading!

soyoung > you really made my day dear...with all your comments...thousand thanks~! yes..there's something happened between yunjae in the past and yes there's a reason why Jae doesn't even remember about Yunho...about Jae's parents; well you know why now...hehehe...
 it's really a nice view if can really see the real one of yunjae making out right...hahaha.. i want that "My Parents Sweet Moment" album too~ thanks for reading~! ^_~

KimJi-Yeon > Thanks for reading all the chapters~! I'm soo happy... ^_^ as regards to what happened to Yunjae in the past; it will be revealed in the next chapter; the final chapter. Stay with me until then k...thanks for reading!

byul_mi > they sort of knowing each other but because of the incident that happened in Guam which you will know in the next chapper caused Jaejoong completely forgotten about Yunho. thanks for reading!

Kim_Lily > here's another update...ooowhhh...i can't tell you yet what really happened between them now...wait a little bit more...okay...thanks for reading!

 

Comments are loved!