"One thing I Never Regret" : Part 3 Final

Amethyst's One-Shot Collection for YUNJAE

A/N: Maybe a bit long but because i want to make this chappi as a final one, so just enjoy!

************************************************************

 

“Yun-ah…I’m such a bad wife, right…But I’m doing this to protect our baby. She’s our concrete evidence that we loved each other…I guess… the mother’s instinct developed in my body already…” Jaejoong ran his fingers into Yunho’s hair. Yunho was crying while holding on his hand and he kissed Jaejoong’s hand continuously.

 

“One thing that I’ve regretted is that I can’t accompany you anymore watching our baby grown up and saying that ‘I love you’ everyday to my beloved husband…”

 

“BOOOOOOO!!!!!!” Yunho sprung out from his sweet dream. Emm…maybe not…from his nightmare to be precised.

 

“Booo…” He was drenched with sweat. He roamed his hand through his next side to find his pretty one but he found none.

 

“Boo…this is not just a dream right…Boo…you’re not living me right…” But the space that belongs to Jaejoong seems to be cold. With no one occupied in it.

 

‘B…Boo…we have a happy life right…I thought you’re safe…I’m not dreaming right…you still h…here…where are you?” The tears were running out freely from his eyes. He can’t accept that Jaejoong was not by his side.

 

“You’re supposed to b…be h..here…” Yunho’s body was hunched in crying.

 

*CLICK

 

The light was and his room changed into the brighter one. Jaejoong rushed to hug his teary husband on the bed.

 

“Yun…what’s wrong…” Yunho peeped through his bang just to meet Jaejoong’s concerned face.

 

“BOO!!!” Jaejoong almost dropped to the back when Yunho hug him abruptly.

 

“Hey…what’s wrong with my hubby…?” Jaejoong rubbed Yunho’s back to sooth him.

 

“I thought I lost you. I woke up not seeing you sleeping next to me…I was scared…I thought you’re not survived in fighting the cancer…” Yunho was still sobbing. Now it came to Jaejoong for what reason Yunho being in that state. Jaejoong chuckled lightly.

 

“Aisshh…like daughter like father…Yunjae came knocking the door crying because she’s having a bad dream. So I accompanied her to her room to tuck her in. I guess I fell asleep after a while…I woke up as soon as I heard you’re screaming calling me…” Jaejoong pulled out from the hug; wiping the tears smeared on Yunho’s face.

 

“So, it’s just a dream…?” Yunho asked while rubbing his eyes cutely. Jaejoong sighed.

 

“Yes…it’s just a dream…that was 8 years ago…” Jaejoong thought its funny when Yunjae asked him fore the same thing.

 

“Then…come sleep here with me…I want to hug you till sleep…come come…” Yunho pulled Jaejoong’s hand while the other was patting the bed on the other side.

 

“Aisshh..you’re worst than Yunjae…at least Yunjae didn’t ask me to sleep with her…” Jaejoong was blabbering.

 

“You’re my wife! You’re supposed to sleep with me…!” He protruded his lips; pouting. Jaejoong shook his head and moved back to his side. Yunho waited for him to lie on the bed and put his arm circling Jaejoong’s waist. He then pulled Jaejoong’s body closed to his chest and snuggled to Jaejoong’s neck.

 

*Yunho’s POV

How can I forget those days seeing you in that condition, Boo. My heart ached seeing you suffered alone and I can’t do anything to decrease the pain. And I’m glad that those terrified days were gone.

 

*FLASHBACK

 

“Mr.Jung, your wife successfully gave birth to a baby girl. And because she was born premature, we have to put her into incubator. And your wife…” The doctor took a deep and long breath before further his explanation.

 

“Your wife is in a critical condition. We thought that we couldn’t save him at all…he still got hope…it’s just you have to persuade him to go on with the chemotherapy. If he refuse, we can’t do anything…” The doctor elaborated further. Yunho’s eyes were glistening in full of hope. He decided to do anything to make sure that Jaejoong can be saved.

 

But somehow, he kind of regret to ask Jaejoong go on the chemotherapy…Of course he want Jaejoong to be alive, but he can’t stand seeing how suffered Jaejoong every time he finished the treatment. His was paler than he used to.

 

“Yun…I’m okay…don’t worry…it’s not that hurt…” Jaejoong lied but Yunho can see it. His face shown everything clearly. Jaejoong was unable to take care the baby from the first month and Yunho’s mother volunteered to help.

 

They just arrived from the hospital and Yunho was holding to Jaejoong that just finished undergo the treatment. Jaejoong insisted to go home even though he was not allowed to do it. But Yunho don’t have the gut and strength to say no.

 

“I just want to see my baby. I rarely have the chance to be with her. I’m supposed to take care of her, Yun. I’m her mother after all. I can bear this pain, just take me home…Yun, please…” Jaejoong was crying when he pleaded to his husband. Sometimes, Yunho can’t differentiate whether Jaejoong was crying because of the pain due to the treatment or because he really wanted to be at home with their baby. Yunho came to the conclusion that it’s both.

 

But it’s not easy to overcome the pain even he was at home.

 

 

“Y…Yun…I want to…vomit…” Jaejoong cupped his mouth to hold it from coming out. He released himself from Yunho’s embrace and ran to the bathroom.

 

Jaejoong’s hand gripped onto the toilet bowl tightly while throwing all his vomit into it. Yunho was leaning onto the wall outside the bathroom; crying. His mother came to him while holding onto a pink bundle.

 

“It’s all my fault umma. I put him into this condition…” Yunho was blaming himself as he can’t bear to see Jaejoong’s poor condition.

 

 

“You’re just trying to do your best. Go…Go to him…give him all the comfort he needs. Ease his pain with your warm hug and loving care…” Yunho brushed off the tears and gather all the strength to enter into the bathroom.

 

“Boo…” He felt his legs weaker seeing the limp body of Jaejoong lying on the floor with the closing eyes. His hands were hanging on the toilet bowl. Yunho lifted Jaejoong from the floor and rested his body into his arm.

 

“Y…Yun…You’re so…warm…I don’t know why but whenever I’m in your arm, I felt the pain was swept away from my body…” Jaejoong gazed at Yunho with his weak looking.

 

“Baby…just bear it for another period okay…this is just for temporary…” Yunho gulped down his saliva just like he the words back; not really sure on how to ensure Jaejoong that this is only for real temporary. But the kind Jaejoong as he always is, giving him a pure smile.

 

Jaejoong was fighting through the disease for 5years continuously. Yunjae will always waiting outside from the bathroom whenever Jaejoong was vomiting. She just being a observer that knowing nothing except that whenever she saw Yunho ran towards the bathroom after Jaejoong, she will follow behind secretly.

 

“Yunjae…come…don’t disturb umma and appa…umma not feeling well…” Her grandma will come and took her away when she was caught; sometimes.

 

“Grandma, why Umma always sick…? Yunjae…pity at umma…Yunjae can’t help umma…?” Yunjae asked innocently. She just earned a smile from her grandma.

 

“Mmm…Appa always said if Yunjae behave like a good daughter…emm…umma will recover from his sick…emmm…then, it’s mean that Yunjae was not good enough…?” Yunjae blinked her eyes repeatedly; the thing that she resembled the most from Jaejoong.

 

“No… Yunjae is THE BEST DAUGHTER in the world…” Yunjae clapped her hands happily as Jaejoong interrupted from behind. Yunho nodded in agreement as Yunjae cheered cheekily.

*FLASHBACK END

 

*Next Day

Jaejoong was waiting for Yunjae outside the school. He dismissed his driver to go back without them. Yunjae was seeing running towards him while opened her arms widely to hug Jaejoong. Jaejoong received the hug gladly as he picked up her daughter in his arm.

 

 “Ehh…where is our car, umma…?” Yunaje asked as she scratched the back of her head seeing their car disappeared.

 

 

“Appa will going to come and fetch us today…” Jaejoong answered.

 

“Ehh…Jaejoong-shi!” A woman came and greeted him. Both of Jaejoong and Yunjae looked at the owner of the voice. It was Jaejoong’s classmate, So Yooung. She bowed a bit so does Jaejoong.

 

“Your daughter…?” She asked and Jaejoong nodded.

 

“I must be crazy when I thought that you and Yunho are going to get married after graduate long time ago. It can’t be right…” Yunjae was wriggling in Jaejoong’s arm, annoyed seeing that woman.

 

“Ahjumma…who are you…?” Yunjae spoke.

 

“What did you just call me…?” She did not satisfy hearing Yunjae called her like that.

 

 

“Forgive me if I’m wrong, grandma…” Yunjae rephrase her call. Soo Yooung’s anger was on the verge to erupt.

 

“Yunjae…let me introduce to you..This is Auntie Soo Yooung, appa ex-girlfriend.” Yunjae bowed politely obeyed his umma.

 

“Wait…you really get married with Yunho then…?” She asked once again.

 

“Ahjumma…are you deaf…? Of course umma married with appa…” Yunjae answered first before Jaejoong could do that.

 

“Umma…I think appa must be that kind when he coupled with this auntie, right…I’m glad that he’s married with you…he chose the right person…if I was appa, I’ll choose the beautiful one to be my wife…” Yunjae exclaimed intelligently. Soo Yooung raised her hand ready to give Yunjae a slap for being rude.

 

“Soo Yooung-shi…she’s my daughter…do you think I was a stupid stone to let you to slap my daughter in front of my eyes. You’re being rude here…” Jaejoong stopped her by grasp on her wrist.

 

 

“And being a stupid too…not worth it to fight with a kid, am I right umma…?” She bit her lips fed up with Yunjae.

 

 

“Then teach your daughter how to behave as a good kid. Not being as devil like this…” She retorted.

 

 

“Soo Yooung-shi…this is not a right place for you to be y like this…” A voice interrupted their conversation from behind.

 

 

“Appa!” Yunjae shouted as Yunho took Yunjae from Jaejoong’s arm.

 

 

“Y..Yunho!” She taken by surprised seeing Yunho in front of his eyes after so long and looked as handsome as he used to be.

 

“You should learn how to behave like a human before you pretend to be an angel…” Yunho continued not looking at her at all. He handed his hand to Jaejoong as he walked away hand in hand with Jaejoong.

 

 “What is she doing here…?” Yunho asked grumpily still burning inside hearing someone said his daughter is a devil.

 

 

“She’s one of the teachers in this school, appa…but she’s not teaching me…” Yunjae asked as they all entered the car parked nearby.

 

 

“You will move out…appa will arrange another school to you…” Yunho said firmly. He started the engine car and not in the mood to smile at all. Seeing Yunho in that condition, Jaejoong placed his hand on Yunho’s thigh and rubbed it in slow motion.

 

 

“You’re acting like this just because of her…? You’re not still in love with her right…” Jaejoong asked as he’s looking out of the window and intend to retreat his hand but Yunho caught his hand in time. Yunho placed his hand above Jaejoong’s one.

 

 

They were not talking at all long the journey to their home. Neither Jaejoong nor Yunho let out a single word. They will only nodded in a yes or agreed when Yunjae kept talking telling them how’s her day in school.

 

 

At home, Jaejoong avoid talking with Yunho and pretended to occupy in handling his daughter. In normal days, Yunjae usually will take a shower on her own but today Jaejoong was accompanying her.

 

 

“Umma…you’re not jealous right because of that auntie…” Yunjae asked from the bath tub as she noticed that Jaejong was spacing around as soon as he sat on the stool.

 

Jaejoong did not give any reply as he recalled back the way Yunho treating him and that girl was totally different. He can’t deny a light tinge of jealous grow up in his heart. Besides, Yunho did not argue anything or at least deny when he touched about the topic of Soo Yooung.

 

“Owhh Umma…can you help me to take the Polaroid camera in your room, I forgot I left it in there…please please…” Jaejoong nodded and walked heading to his room.

 

 

“YES! I’m sure I can snap another picture…” Yunjae shouted in winning. She cleaned herself in fast speed and moved to her parent’s room.

 

“What are you doing…?” Jaejoong asked as he noticed Yunho was sitting in front of the table too absorbed in what he’s doing.

 

“Putting Yunjae’s pictures in the album…” Yunho answered while he looked at each picture while smiling. Jaejoong moved closer to Yunho’s place. How he can forget, Yunho loved to record each moment they’re with Yunjae. The album just is like a journey of Yunjae in growing up.

 

“Boo…do you know why I loved to do this…?” Yunho asked did not facing him. Yunho felt a warm arm hugging him from behind.

 

“Because I always remember what you said to me long time ago… Yunjae is our concrete evidence that we loved each other…” Yunho brushed off Jaejoong’s hand from his waist and turned to face Jaejoong.

 

“Boo…I love everything that you gave to me…anything and everything…I don’t want you to question about my love to you…” He wrapped both of Jaejoong’s fair hands into his. He planted a soft kiss on it gently.

 

“You’re someone that can’t be replaced in my heart…” Jaejoong nodded while smiling gladly. He pulled Yunho in a warm hug and kiss Yunho’s cheek couple of times. They moved to have a tatste on each other’s sweet lips. But before they could…

 

*SNAP!

 

Yunjae pulled the picture that she just snapped and opened up her personal album. Jaejoong and Yunho were wondering what that their daughter was doing so they decided to take a look. Yunjae placed the latest picture she got inside the album and smiled in satisfaction. Yunho and Jaejoong were surprised when they saw all their pictures in a mushy-mushy and lovey dovey moments were captured perfectly by Yunjae as yunjae browsed through the whole pictures.

 

“My Parents Sweet Moments” was the title on the front page.

 

“YUNJAE!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING???” Yunho stretched his hand ready to snatch the album from Yunjae but Yunjae hid it behind her as she stuck out her tongue at Yunho.

 

“You thought that only you have the collections about me, I also have one…” Yunaje waved the album in her hands while giggling. Yunho was running after her circling the room again again while Jaejoong was laughing aside. He saw the Polaroid camera laid lonely on the bed and grab it. He took a snap of Yunho and Yunjae’s moment.

 

“One thing I never regret…to have these people in my life…” Jaejoong wrote below the picture and pinned it on the wall.

 

************************************************************

A/N: Another update...! Don't forget to comment and thanks for reading! Always Keep The Faith