Recovery

Broken Hearted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13 

September 14, 2015. Afternoon.

Bomi P.O.V

 

 

I get up and look at the clock.

 

It’s now 2:13 pm.

 

I guess I should make lunch.

 

I grab a can of soup from the kitchen cabinet and heat it up.

 

Chicken noodle soup. Yum, yum.

 

I drink the salty soup slowly.

 

The day I reunited with Chorong was one of the happiest moments in my life. When she transferred out in 8th grade, I had thought I’d never see her again.

 

In the year and a half since then, Chorong had changed so much. Gone was the tomboy look. In was the hot babe look. She became known as ‘Knock Out Chorong’ for being one of the hottest girls in school. I think if Mrs. Park was looking down from heaven, she would have approved her daughter’s new makeover.

 

Chorong really made good on her promise.

 

I finish my soup and turn on my computer.

 

While the computer boots, I wash my dish and clean the kitchen table.

 

I should check my email, since I haven’t been doing that for half a week.

 

I’m sure my account is stuffed with emails from concerned friends.

 

I log into my email account.

 

Sure enough, there’s over 200 new emails in my inbox.

 

*SIGH*

 

No getting around it, Bbom. Gotta it up and read your incoming emails.

 

I click on the top message in my inbox, and start reading.

                                                                           

 

October 8, 2006.

 

These past few weeks since my reunion with Chorong have been eventful. Sometimes I oversleep and Chorong has to drag me out of bed. Other times I have to return the favor.

 

So more often than not, we have to run to get to school on time. Miraculously, we have never been late for homeroom.

 

What are friends for, eh?

 

Friends.

 

Is this what Chorong and I are?

 

The kids in my homeroom often tease me about coming to school with Chorong. They wonder why I’m not going out with such a hottie and they sometimes whisper among themselves.

 

*SIGH*

 

It’s not that simple.

 

Yes, I like Chorong.

 

Yes, she likes me.

 

This is pretty obvious to everyone.

 

But…

 

I like the friendship we share now and part of me is afraid that it’ll end if the dating thing doesn’t work out. But I’ll admit it. I still think about ‘The Hug’. I think about it very often. When I hugged Chorong at the train station, I wondered why she didn’t resist.

 

She could have easily slugged me, and broke my nose. Again.

 

Instead, she drew my body against her own, and held onto me tightly. This wasn’t a mere good-to-see-you-again type of hug. It was something more fierce and passionate. It was a hug between lovers.

 

I feel my cheeks flush. Oh no. Not again.

 

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

*DUUUUUUU*

 

There’s the bell.

 

School’s over for the day.

 

I got basketball practice today. But I’ll meet up with Chorong afterwards.

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………....

 

I check my watch. It’s 5:03 pm.

 

Found her! She’s slouched on a bench, doing her homework.

 

Hmm… should I be nice today or not? I’m really tempted to scare her.

 

But she’s working so hard right now.

 

I just don’t want to bother her and break her concentration. So I stand silently next to the bench and watc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter