Knock Out & Recuperating

Broken Hearted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dear beloved readers,

Before you guys read this chapter, better re-read the previous chapter cause I know most of you already forgot what had happen before. So better re-read the previous chapter to refresh the storyline in your head. I’m sorry it had been so long since the last update cause I’m busy with exam and I updated BH cause I have no paper until next week.

7 December is when my last paper is. After that I’ll have to focus on getting driving license and helping my family's business. So I’m really sorry for the delay update. I’ll try my best to faster my pace to update BH and after this finish, I’ll continue my GFriend Story ff. I love you my dear readers and for new readers, please give some love for BH.

Enjoy reading~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 11

 

 

 

 

August 8, 2005.

Bomi POV

I’m glad it’s early August now. It’s not as hot in the city as it last week.

*BONG BONG BONG BONG* and I’m doing my conditioning and basketball drills, all taught by my dad. I usually practice by myself. But occasionally Namjoo joins me, if she gets up early enough, that is.

*BONG BONG BONG BONG* I really enjoy being on the court in the morning and I hope I’ll always have this feeling when I’m on the court.

*BONG BONG BONG BONG* I wonder how Chorong’s doing. Did her dad’s plan to salvage his marriage work out? Or will Chorong be caught in the middle of a divorce battle? All I can do now is be supportive of her. I attempt a three pointer.

*SWISH* Yes!

 

 

September 13, 2015. Evening.

*BAM*

Oww! I rub my head. I bumped my head on the floor. Apparently I had slipped from my position leaning against the wall and fell to the floor.

The ‘BAM’ sound was my skull hitting the hardwood floor. I gingerly touch the spot on my head. Oww! Still stings. Great, Bbom, just great! I look at my fingertips. I see no trace of blood. Oh good, doesn’t look like my head’s bleeding. I slowly get up from the floor. I check the clock. It’s now 7:19 pm. Still the same day, I assume.

Man! I’m gonna get fat sleeping so much! I think I’ll have soup for dinner tonight. Chicken noodle sounds good. I take a can out of the kitchen cabinet and open it with a can opener. I pour the contents into a pot and heat it up. After 4 minutes, I turn off the gas and pour the soup into a bowl. I stare at the soup, and play with it using a spoon. I guess I’ll just wait for it to cool down. As I wait, I slowly become aware of the absolute silence in our apartment. Is it really this quiet without Chorong around? With a heavy heart, I finish the soup, clean up and retire early to bed,

 

 

August 26, 2005.

Today is the start of school again. We’re all one year older and maybe one year wiser or maybe not. I see Namjoo up ahead, still clowning around. Some things just never change. *SIGH* I walk slowly, hoping Namjoo won’t notice me. But of course, life doesn’t always go the way you want to.

“Yo Bbom! How’s it going?” Namjoo stops walking and waits for me.

“Sup! How was your summer?”

“You know me. Just goofing around a bit. Piss off parents, neighbors, etc. And you?”

“Studying and basketball. Speaking of which, I was hoping you’ll show up more often on the court. So that we could practice together.”

“Sorry, Bbom but I’m not a basketball nut like you. Getting up early to sweat up a storm just ain’t my idea of a good summer, you know?”

“Whatever, you lazy bum!” I playfully smack her on the head. “Did you see Hayoung at all during the summer?”

“Nah. Her parents made her attend prep course for the specialized high school entrance exam. The SSHSAT.”

“Of course. Hopefully she didn’t end up losing her eyesight from all that studying.” Namjoo laughs. “Let’s hurry on or we’ll be late for school.”

“Right behind you.” We run ahead.

 

*******

 

I walk into Homeroom 8A. Namjoo was assigned to 8F. Probably because of her poor grades last year. I look around but I see very few familiar faces from last year. Oh well. Suddenly, a girl walks in. I look at her. Is that… Chorong? Chorong sees me and smiles. She sits down in the empty chair in front of me.

“Hi, Bbom! Long time no see!” I smile back.

“Likewise.” *DONG* The school bell rings.

“Let’s talk after school.” Chorong nods in agreement.

 

*DONG*

There’s the bell! First day of school is over! Hayoung walks up to my desk. She also ended up in our homeroom, 8A. But she came in late this morning and got marked late by the homeroom teacher. There goes her perfect attendance record.

“I have to go to prep school today. You and Chorong go ahead.” Hayoung informed me and I give her an okay.

I turn to Chorong. “Do you want to wait for Namjoo?”

“Nah. We’ll see her at lunch anyway.” We both bid our goodbyes to Hayoung.

 

*******

 

I’m walking home with Chorong.

“So… how did it go with your parents?” I start the conversation.

“I’m not sure, to be honest. My mom’s still angry at my dad.” Chorong reply.

“I see. Well, it’s their marriage and ultimately they’ll work something out.”

“Yup. I just don’t want to be caught in the middle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter