A Stranger at Night

Fallen Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Not many people can afford to go to college, even more so a college as prestigious as SM Academy. It's one of the top colleges in Seoul and most entertainment recruiters get there talent from that school. Everyone who gets recruited from SM makes it big in the industry. Lee Hyukjae, otherwise known as Eunhyuk, was fortunate enough to have acquired a scholarship to get in the school. He was more than ecstatic when he got his acceptance letter. Although he had to move out of his hometown he still remained optimistic since he was one step closer to his dream already. 

Once Eunhyuk moved out he had to find a job to support himself. He found two jobs to be exact to help support his living expenses in addition to going to SM Academy. It was hard at first but Eunhyuk knew he had to work hard in order to achieve his dream to be one of the greatest dancers in history. He found a job working as a part-time instructor to Middle school kids after school and in one of the bake shops close to his apartment. It was tiring not to mention that his jobs seriousy cuts off his time to get enough sleep at night.

"Eunhyuk-ah, how much sleep did you get last night?" Sungmin asked worry evident on his voice. 

"A couple, I think," Eunhyuk answered as he finished putting in the leftover pastries in the freezer.

"You can't keep going on three hours of sleep, Hyukkie. You're gonna get sick."

"I'm fine Sungmin hyung," Eunhyuk gave him a small smile before resuming work.

Sungmin pouted and went back on counting the money on the cashier. Eunhyuk looked at his hyung and smiled knowing that he has someone who worries over him. Being away from his family really gets to him sometimes and the feeling of loneliness can be depressing. He really is very grateful towards Sungmin because he did a lot for him when he started school. He felt really out of place entering the academy knowing that everyone around the school had money and probably had a prestigious background to go with it. Sungmin was one of the few students who didn't care about money and even got him a job at his pastry store. Sungmin really likes to bake sweets but he also wants to be a singer someday. It was a nice hobby to have while pursuing his dream and Eunhyuk was happy that he had him as a friend. 

"Hyukkie, are you done?"

"Yes, hyung." Eunhyuk closed the door of the freezer and put the rest of the trays in the back. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yup!" Sungmin smiled and shut the drawer. "Hey, Hyuk, can you close up shop? I can't come in to work tomorrow cause of practice so I'm gonna have Ryeowookie work with you."

"Oh, ok, hyung. No problem." 

Sungmin handed Eunhyuk the keys to the store and went towards the back of the store. "Do you want a ride?"

Eunhyuk shook his head side to side with a polite smile, "No thanks, hyung. I'm good."

"Are you sure? It's no problem at all."

"Really, Sungmin hyung, I'm ok. Go home already. It's late."

Sungmin looked doubtful for a second before giving in to Eunhyuk's demand. "If you're sure. Good night Hyukkie."

"Good night, hyung." Eunhyuk waved goodbye at him before going out the front of the store to lock up.

Eunhyuk nudged the door a few times to make sure it was locked before putting the keys in his pocket. He grabbed his bag from the floor and made his way towards his apartment. He was beyond exhausted and was ready to sleep once he hit his bed. He looked at his watch and read the time 3:00...at least I'll get four hours of sleep before school. Eunhyuk let out a loud sigh and looked up to see how far his house was.

The road ahead of him seemed endless, but to his surpris, a sudden bright light fallimg from the sky suddenly caught his attention. What the-...what is that? 

Hyukjae placed a hand over his eyes and squinted towards the falling object. He couldn't quite make sure what it was but before his brain could even process the potential danger he was in, he felt a sudden jolt below him. The impact was so hard Hyukjae thought an earthquake was about to happen.. He gasped and fell on the floor, eyes immediately closing shut while he hugged his backpack tight as he braved for more impact.

​​​When he felt nothing, he opened his right eye followed by his left then heaving a huge sigh of relief. 

He then looked around and noticed that despite the ground quaking just a few seconds ago, there was absolutely nothing different with his surroundings.

There were no cracks on the ground or disfigurement in the trees. Hyukjae continued to scan his surroundings when something suddenly popped in his head. Eyes widening in slight fright, Hyukjae sprinted towards his house hoping and praying that it had remained untouched as well. He really couldn't afford afford to lose any of the little things he had.

He didn't bother with the pain on his legs and just kept on running. Once he reached his apartment, an immediate surprised gasp escaped him.

There was nothing out of place with his home other than the fact that there was a man laying lifelesslly in front of his porch.

He looked around the area to see if anyone had somehow dropped him off but saw no one.

 Is this a mafia thing? Is he a gangster?! Hyukjae furrowed his brows when something else occurred to him. Is he dead? Eunhyuk approached the man cautiously. Once he was close enough to man, he took a second to observe him from a distance before kneeling down and slowly taking a closer look. What should I do?

Eunhyuk heard the man groan in pain but didn't move. He bit his lower lip and looked around once again. Once he was sure there was no one around he decided to bring the man inside. He grabbed his arms and put it around his shoulders. He struggled a little as the weight was dragging him down. "Ugh...why are you so heavy...?" Eunhyuk grumbled underneath his breath as he tried to get the keys from his pocket and opened the door.

Once the door was open, Eunhyuk didn't bother to remove his shoes and brought the man over to his couch. He tried to place him down as gently as he could as to not hurt him any further. Once he was safely placed on the couch Eunhyuk stood up and massaged his right shoulder. He sighed and looked the stranger over once again. He shook his head at himself and went into the kitchen to get some water and a towel.

"I must be out of my mind." Eunhyuk placed the bowl on the sink and filled it up halfway. "What if he's a crazed killer who's running away from the cops? Aish!" He grabbed the bowl out of the sink and walked back towards the man on his couch still grumbling about how stupid his actions are. "Maybe I should call the police. What if they think I'm an accomplice or something? I don't eeven know this man."

Eunhyuk felt like kicking himself as he drenched the towel with water and then squeezed it. He wiped away some of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter