chapter 6

the fate of the supposed enemy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A good play is sometimes done through excruciating way even if it takes for the other person to get hurt, fate won’t take a second thought to do it.

“Wait in the couch; I’ll just get the medicine kit.” she disappeared to her room.

Leo waited patiently while busying himself checking the surroundings, just like a thought; feminine scent that’s not too irritating for the nose, a simple set for the living room, clean even there’s some little mess on the kitchen maybe from last night. Leo finds it comfortable just like to be with her.

“I have it now. I’m sorry it taken so long,” Eelise said interrupting his reverie. She sat beside him and put the kit on the table.

“No it’s fine, I can still hold it,” he turns to face her.

Eelise clean his wound with antiseptics which made him wince, “Oh, I’m sorry,” she apologize.

“It’s okay,” he said smiling. Leo can’t take his eyes off her, “you sure you’re not hurt?” he continued.

She met his eyes, stopping her work, “I’m sure, you’d catch the fall,” smiling to him. She breaks the stare and went back to her unfinished job.

“I’m glad.” he didn’t take his eyes off her, too caught up with his fascination and as what a guy he is, he reach out for the untangled hair and tuck it behind her ears.

Eelise suddenly cease her work, shock as to what happens. She stayed her hands on his arm but far enough to the wounded part. She felt him touch her cheeks; his warm callous hands, and Eelise slowly look up to face him and was caught off guard as she felt the warmth on her lips, his kiss was a careful one not wanting to scared her and they just stayed their motionless. She felt sincerity in his touch and only tighten her hold and as a signal Leo slowly moved his lip to the center of her lips.

Both didn’t want to end the contacts, wishing for the time to just stop and let them savor the moment. Both party felt the tingle creeping up their body that intensifies them. Making the first move, Leo glide his hand behind her neck and moving closer to her, Eelise instantly move her hands she’d grip on his wounded one upper which jerk him. And fate left them hanging on the rising pleasure they just felt.

What happen between them after breaking apart, the first thing they were meant to feel is awkwardness, both been waiting for it to come however it didn’t. They just stared at each other’s eyes, no one dare to make the first move until Eelise realized what she did.

“I- ah,, hah!... I’m sorry,” asking for apology. But not for the kiss part and he just knew it. Regaining her posture Eelise took another cotton to continue her work not waiting for Leo to say something. She finished her job while trying so hard to avoid his stare and to hide her blush which she knew he hadn’t taken off that whole time.

He smiled to himself as he watched her blush. Leo love watching her especially this close; the color of her hair on how it turn to shaded red as sun reflected it, and the fairness of her skin, Leo can’t get enough of her even if he’ll watch her all day. Being with her, he can forget the risk he’s taking just to be with her. He didn’t know that he found the right person; the person in the letter his father mentioned before the unforgettable tragic happen, only a small reminder will make him to remember it. (Soon).

“Thank you again,” still looking at her.

“You’re welcome, and just think of it as my great thanks for saving my life.” She clean the area, standing up to return the kit, she faced him for a moment wanting to say something but stop and just smiled on him only then to turn around and disappeared again. Facing the bathroom mirror, she took a long breath to clear her mind, “what have you done Eelise, you’ve just cross a line!” she scold herself enough not to be heard. As minute seem to pass, Eelise found her courage to face him. There he is setting his back facing her and somehow she admired how his muscle would move up when he breathes and the broadness of his back, ‘how nice must it be to touch’. Taking a deep breath, she advances to him.

“Hey! How is it?” she asks, now in front of him.

 Checking his wound, “its fine, doesn’t hurt much now. Thanks to your expert healing.” he jokes, trying to ease up the tension. Standing up facing her.

“That’s great then, glad I’ve done it right”. She felt so little now that he’s hovering her.  “Right I forgot, where’s my manner. Do you need something to drink?” she ask while walking towards her kitchen. 

“No I’m-” cut off by the ringing of her phone. She checked the caller and saw her expression became more anxious, excusing herself she answered it silently as low as possible. He tried to read her faced but failed, he wanted to stop himself from thinking it was that guy who almost killed her, looking for all  the possible option; her mother, friend or maybe Jiyeon. One thing to relieve him is just to wait and there he is waiting for the call to end.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter