Graduation (Behind The Scene)

Graduation (Behind The Scene)

A young guy kept looking at his window room, watched the rain, watched the road, he sighed and made haze in the glass, that day was so cold and it was 6 AM  in the morning, he cannot help but to not sleep, it was hard for him, you know what happened. ‘Knock Knock’ the cream color door made sound from outside.

“Choi Junhong, are you there, let’s have breakfast.” A deep voice called his name, offered something good on him.

“Yes hyung, I’ll be there.” Answer him loud, tried to as cherish as he can, it was hard for everyone, especially his older of the group, but they keep caring for him, so it was quite impolite if he look gloomier than them.

:::::::::::::::::::

They eat their breakfast just like always, it was warm since they together in this winter. All of them already ate and left the dirty dishes to done. Choi Junhong took all the plate with his polite manner.

“Let me do the dishes hyungs.” Said him as he took all the plate to kitchen, since they usually ate in the living room.

Five of them watched her tall figure back; they looked so pity on him. It was for them, especially his younger they thought he held it very well so far. They had each other back.

“Don’t you feel sad for him?” A cheerful youngjae spoke first, comment about Junhong.

“He so young, of course. We already adult, but he is still teenager.”

“I am also teenager hyung, but since I have you all it doesn’t mind on me. Junhong need someone lately that’s why he looks like that, since you guys tried to act normal, he feels it is impolite to show a gloomy face, but i think it just because he needs someone. You know who we talked about right? They never met ever since... you know. Both are busy. So they rarely text each other.”  He closest one to Junhong rise his voice explained about Junhong behavior. He might look 4D, but he was a sensitive guy. Moon Jongup.

“Ah, young love..” The second oldest finally spoke out; he smiled as he felt so warm about it.

“Guys, I think I have plan.” Daehyun, looked like had a lamp on his head.

:::::::::::::::::::

08:00 PM.

It was already night, Junhong was alone in his apartment, all his hyungs seemed like had business with their own, Junhong sat in the couch in front of TV. He scroll his smartphone did not know who he wanted to call. “Is she busy again? But tomorrow our graduation. Ah, whatever.” He mumbled on his own, the TV seemed play by its own Junhong did not pay attention at all, he just grabbed remote TV and change channel until he got bored. Then doorbell rang, he pursed his eye brow. If it was his hyungs, they knew the password, why bother to ring the bell. Junhong then stood to look who, he/she did not showed her face, he wore hoodie covered his/her face. Junhong then panicked, he looked clearly again, he/she little bit short, not that big person, he can beat him. It was his thought. Finally he opened the door.

“For the good sake Choi Junhong,  what took you so long?  I am freezing.” The short figure was a girl, she opened her hoodie that cover with long coat, showed her simple white long sleeve t shirt. Now it was Junhong turned to freeze. Have so much mind made him had very real like imagination. “Ya! Close the door.” She closed the door as the owner busy to make difference between real and imagination. She seemed understand his condition as she sighed, “Junhong, instead of standing there show me your kitchen and let’s eat.” She showed the entire plastic bag she brought alongside with her adorable smile, and she got hug in return.

:::::::::::::::::::

“Why don’t you pick up your phone?” Junhong sat in the couch pay attention to the kitchen where the girl busy preparing the food she brought. “Why don’t you tell me you want to come here? Who was with you? Are you alone?” The girl seemed like just smiled and keep busy preparing the food. “Ya! Lee Hayi, answer me! Ah, right you I know, now you got duet friend and he is so charming and you crazy about him in the MV you forget about me. I know.” She wanted to laugh but did not show him, her back faced Junhong, he could not see what on Hayi’s expression.

“Ya! Choi Junhong, stop being childish and help me bring this food in there. Let’s eat.” He did what she told him anyway.

:::::::::::::::::::

“Hey, answer me!” They ate in the silence actually only if Junhong did not interrupted her. It was comfortable to them even in the silence. They said, no need words when you with someone you love. Well, it was not official they just love each other, not status yet.

“Okay, okay, listen carefully I just answer it once. I did not pick up your phone since I know that I will be here. I was with my sister, and obviously not alone. She has something to do, so she dropped me in front of your apartment’s  building. And I will never forget about you thought he indeed charming.” Junhong put his chopstick in the table when he heard Hayi last sentence.

“I am done eating.” He already lift up his plate. He looked serious.

“Allright, alright Choi Junhong, I am so sorry, please finish it, you have dinner yet right? I am so sorry.” This girl showed his adorable smile again, and it always worked to melt his heart. He back to sit and ate again. “Ah, cute.”

:::::::::::::::::::

Hayi brought all the dirty dishes in the kitchen to clean. Before her ready to wash the dishes, she asked where was Junhong’s room, Hayi then opened the room she freeze for a while.

“As expected. Hey you, young prince, go clean your room, I’ll wash the dishes.” Said Hayi shake her head. He thought all the boys were the same.

“But...” Junhong about to protest.

“But what? It is not my room, it yours, go clean it or I leave right away.” Hayi threatened Junhong with a scary sentence, for all the air in the world, he needed her here, and so he did not want if she left.

“Alright.” With heavy steps he entered to his room, just like a kid.

:::::::::::::::::::

Hayi was washing the dishes; it took her long since she had to clean the dishes for lunch. Hayi realized the footsteps going forward to her.

“Choi Junhong, why did not you clean your lunch dishes? Geez, you...” It was three times she freeze at that time, this time a tall figure and a tough arm around her wrist, it was a back hug.

“Can I like this to you? Just for a while.” It took so long to Hayi to answer, Junhong never like this before, all he did to Hayi just little skinship like when he touched her chubby cheek to . They never even holding hands, well they not officially a couple but... you know.

“Mmm.” Hayi keep washing the dishes, Junhong placed his chin in the top of Hayi’s head. They drawn into silence for a while.

“You always complain about your figure, but look at this, how fit you are in my embrace.” Hayi did not answer that, she did not know what to say. She just keep did her business. “Thank you,” Hayi did not sure what ‘Thank you’ for, so she remained silence. “It is for show up today before our graduation tomorrow. I have strength to show up. And also Thank you for your love,  I know that we are not a couple but at least it is not one side love.” Hayi slightly smiled, she little bit touched that she was an important person to him. Hayi finished her dishes, and let Junhong arm free. She faced Junhong now that she had to lift her chin high because their height difference and placed her two hands in in the Junhong cheek.

“Stop with lovey dovey, let’s play video games.”

:::::::::::::::::

“Yeah. It’s three times already. Just give up Lee Hayi.” Junhong had victoryous face on his face and lifted his two hands in the sky. “Just give up.” He punched Hayi cheek playfully .

“No! I hate losing. Once again.” Junhong laughed saw Hayi with her irritating looks. He knew very well that she hated to lose and it was so satisfied to Junhong to tease Hayi like that. “You know dear, you can’t beat a man when it comes to video games.” Junhong keep teasing her while restart the games.

::::::::::::::::

Hayi and Junhong busy with their finger, they looked focuse and sometime had little fight if one of them had cheat. It was funny to watch them, Junhong cannot stop laughing.

“Junhong, ah.” Hayi called him while busy with her fingers.

“Hm? Give up?” Junhong also focus on the screen.

“No way, how is your relationship with that girl? Any improvment?” Both of them focuse on screen.

“Nope, she does not in the relationship yet.”

“Ah, so you confessed already?” Hayi face now little bit down.

“Yes I did, but she keep saying I am not look good on you, I am short while you almost reach the sky, they call me fat blah blah blah... I kinda tired, why that girl has no confidence?” Hayi then burst into laugh this time, made Junhong also smile. Both were still focused on the screen.

“Not me you fool, that girl! The idol girl, your fans like to see you together.”

“I have no relationship progress but with you. So I don’t what you’re talking about.” Hayi smile for that answer.

“Hm, too bad, you look good together, she is pretty and tall and your fans like to see you together. You look good together.” Junhong then put his games stick in the floor, made Hayi surprised then turned her focus on the boy next to him. He smiled.

“You know what, you look extra cute when you jealous.” It as a teasing smile he showed to her.

“What? I...” Hayi’s phone rang in her pocket. “Oh my god, Choi Junhong, my sister already outside pick me up, it is 11 already PM already!” Choi Junhong looked at the clock in the wall it was indeed 11 PM already. Hayi wore her hoodie and her coat again, just like before. Junhong  watched it with somehow unhappy look.

 Both of them in front of the door now, looked at each other for a while. Thousands of words Junhong need to say, one of them is ‘Don’t go.’ Hayi understand so much even just to look at his face, she understand what in his head.

“Hey, cheer up. We’ll meet next time.” Said Hayi poke Junhong cheek while smiling.

“Yeah, ‘next time’”

“Hey, we’ll meet tomorrow.” Then Hayi remember her graduation tomorrow.

“Yeah, as a stranger.”

“Ahahahaha, ok ok. I’ll text you then, l will see my schedule first.” Junhong nodded.

“Ok, bye.” Hayi about to reach the door knob, but she turned back and then lifted her feet and grabbed Junhong’s cheek, and then kissed his forehead. Junhong freeze at the moment, and blinked his eyes Hayi smile again, and finally they eyes met.

“I said cheer up, everyone are ready to stand next to you. Including me. After this go to sleep, don’t be late tomorrow.” Hayi left Junhong smiling like an idiot.

::::::::::::::::::

Tomorrow 01:00 PM

“Talk about ‘late’, who was late again? In her own graduation ceremony?”

“Shut up, by the way like I said you were good stood next to each other. That girl.”

“Yeah, whatever. I also love you.”

::::::::::::::::::::::

“Where is Junhong?”

“In her room, try to hide his smile. Ahahahahahahahaha”

“Nice idea Daehyun, you make him like an Idiot right now. I caught him smile like an idiot this morning.”

“Thanks Himchan hyung.”