Chapter 1 ~So This Is Where It All Began~

Even Grim Reapers Need Love (HIATUS)

_________________ is where you can put your name or the name of your choice. *Stars like this means that the person is thinking about that thought, which means no one can hear him/her.*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KEYS POV

I was alone.... I was misunderstood..... I was hated...... No body liked me.... Just because I was a grim reaper. It wasn't like I chose to be one, I was forced to be one. Than I met her. She looked perfect, I was in love with her, but I couldn't. I was a grim reaper and she was a human. Two different worlds that should never collide. How come I couldn't stay away from her than? Why did her smile draw me into the human world.

Why did a human attract me when I was clearly dead. I had no soul, I had no warmth anymore. I could feel it though, and that's when I met her.

YOUR POV

"THE NEXT TIME YOU BECOME LATE, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT STEPPING A FOOT IN THIS HOUSE!!!!" My mom yelled at me. I got slapped across the face a couple of times before she let me go to my room, which was just a basement. I closed the door to my room and dropped my bag on my bed.

I didn't like being late, but because I had a major exam this week, I had to study at the library. It was to loud here for me to study, so I went to the library. You may be thinking why don't you just explain to your mom than? Well that's because she won't listen, I didn't mind though. She was just thinking about my brother who died a year ago. I'm 18 right now which meant it was my last year in high school. I was planning on moving out after a saved up enough money to buy a small apartment, but my parents figured out and threatened me. I loved my parents, I hate them at times, but they raised me so I was thankful.

I opened my laptop that my brother bought for me before he died, my parents knew I had this laptop. They didn't destroy it though because it was my brothers, but since he gave it to me and I touched it they said it was tainted now. I didn't mind hearing harsh words from my parents because sometimes at night I can hear them crying over my brother, so I knew they still had a good heart.

I began to work on my homework just like any other day. I heard the front door shut and I figured out my dad was home from gambling. "_______________!!! GET UP HERE NOW!!!" I heard. I walked up the stairs and opened my door to find my dad with a cigar in his mouth. "Your mother told me you were late today, do I have to tell you again?" He said. I shook my head. I knew he was going to say that my only reason to live now was to pay back what I've done to my brother. My brother died from a car crash, but my parents think I caused it because I told him to come pick me up. I do blame myself, but that's where Key came in. "Than you should know very well the you shouldn't be late, no dinner for you tonight. NOW GO!!" My dad said. I bowed and went back to my room. This was normal. I pushed my bag aside and laid down on my not so comfortable bed.

FLASHBACK

I hate my life so much!!! I can't do this anymore!!! I don't want to be here!!! I want to be with G-Dragon!!! I ran out of the house and I ran away. I ran faster than ever and I went to the one place that could end this misery. The old bridge. Me and G-Dragon would always come here to throw stones. It was a very tall bridge, but hardly anyone used it. I knew for a fact that if I jumped I wouldn't survive. The bridge was high enough and I couldn't swim, so this was perfect.

I took one step on one of the bars and held myself up with my arms. I breathed in and I............ was scared..... "I'm so pathetic. Just jump." I said to myself. I closed my eyes and was about to leap forward until I heard a voice.

"Are you really going to jump?" I heard. I jumped back to safety and looked around. No one was there. Than suddenly it became really foggy, so foggy that I couldn't even see the water anymore. "Are you going to jump?" I heard again. A black shadow came out from the fog, but than I realized that it was man wearing a black long coat and had his hood on that covered half his face. I could only see his mouth and it looked really kissable...... He was carrying a scythe though and nothing else.

"Um..... No." I said. If I said yes I knew he would stop me.

"You may jump I'm not going to stop you." He said. I hesitated, was this guy psycho? "I'm a grim reaper and since your going to die, I have no intentions of saving you." He said.

"So I really am going to die. I read that if you see a grim reaper that means you are sure to die." I said and smiled. This time I wasn't scared because now I knew I was going to die somehow and it was now. I climbed onto the bar of the bridge and was ready to jump. Just when I was about to jump, I stopped. The grim reaper was sitting right on the ledge and was waiting for me to jump. Was I dreaming?

"Don't you think your being stupid? I mean you only get one life." He said.

"I thought you weren't going to stop me." I said.

"I'm not, I'm just stating the facts." He said and smiled. I was so attracted to his smile. I wanted him to hug me and make me feel happy. I was going crazy.... I wanted a hug from a grim reaper!!! "I'm Key." He said.

"_____________." I said and shook his hand. I was expecting a skeleton hand, but it was just like an everyday normal hand. It was warm, just like G-Dragon's. "Are you going to kill me than?" I asked. He shook his head. "But I saw you that means I have to die." I said.

"Not unless you don't tell anyone that you saw a grim reaper." He said. "If you die I won't have a mortal friend. Want to be my friend?" He asked. For some reason, I didn't want to die because it was like I had a brother again. I nodded and we both smiled.

END OF FLASHBACK

I opened my eyes again and the cut scene of me and Key ended. I remember so clearly how we met. Every time when I'm feeling down he would always visit me and when ever I was fine he would still visit me. I smiled and went back to doing my homework. Key told me a lot. He told me that a grim reaper killed my brother. I was mad, but because it wasn't him that killed G-Dragon I let it slide.

He also told me that he use to be human to, but than he was force to be a grim reaper. He had his job and it was to take human souls that died and judge them, like in a court. If you did good deeds, you get to choose your next life. If you did a bad deed then the grim reaper would choose a life you hate the most. "Miss me?" I heard. I turned around and saw Key. He took of his hood and he had a handsome face and amazing hair, just like always. He didn't take of his hood until the 3rd  week I saw him, but now he takes it off once he comes over. How he came over I wouldn't know, but I didn't care. "They slapped you." He said and raised my chin.

"I'm fine. I missed you." I said and hugged him. Key was my best friend in the whole wide world.

"Do you want me to take them away?" He offered I rejected. Key was older than me by a year so I called him oppa at times. "You don't have to go through this." He said.

"I know, but I'm fine. Really." I said. Key patted on the head and smiled. His scythe was on my bed and I could see my reflection through it.

KEYS POV

"Did you take someone's life again?" _____________ asked me. Even though we were good friends I hated how she said I took away someone's life. I didn't though I just guided them, yet she didn't understand that. I just smiled and nodded. I knew she didn't mean it in that way. I wasn't aloud to come to the human world, unless I was to get a soul. If I did and I got caught I get in big trouble. She knew I was a grim reaper, what she didn't know was that I took her brothers life.

I never told her though because I knew she'll hate me. She liked someone else though, she told me about it. She had a crush and it was not me. Some boy in her school and he had a crush on her. She told me he asked her out and she said yes. Every time she told me something like this my heart was being teared bit by bit. I couldn't tell her I loved her though because she would just reject me.

As I listened to her talk about her day, I admired her. Every time I went back to my world I would always have a smile on my face. See when I died I did my bad deeds, that is something you don't need to know about, so I was sent to the grim reaper world. She made me this happy, but I knew for a fact that even though she made me smile my heart was just not satisfied. I never loved someone so much, but because I was a monster I could never get love.

"Key are you listening?" She asked.

"Yeah. Sorry I'm just a bit tired." I said. She put her hand on my forehead and the other on hers.

"You don't seem like you have a fever." She said. I knew she cared for me though so I was happy, but knowing the person you love, love someone else hurts. "Do you want to go home." She asked me. I shook my head. "I'm going to do homework, you can sleep on my bed if you want." ______________ said and went back to her laptop. I didn't mind that she went back to her homework because it was more important. I liked keeping her company.

There was one thing that happened that no body else knew, not even her. She use to be very good at reading people. Whenever someone was sad, but they say that they were happy she would immediately know that the person was lying. This included love, but ever since her brother died, she lost that ability. I knew this because....... Her brother told me.

You couldn't blame her for not noticing how people feel now because she's been through a lot too. "_______________, what am I to you?" I asked. She turned around and smiled.

 "Your my best friend." She said. I smiled and nodded. That wasn't the answer I wanted though. I wanted to be her boyfriend, but with her falling in love with another man and me as a grim reaper....... Will I ever be with her? Most importantly would she love me as much as I love her? These questions may never be answered and it annoyed me that I didn't have the courage to say I love you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1 DONE!!!

Thank you guys so much for all the views and subs!!! I'm so happy!!!

I'm sorry if it isn't what you wanted or it's just plain bad, I tried hard and to be honest I haven't really thought everything through.......

3 things I want to ask you guys!!!

1. Who do you want ______________ to date? Do you want me to choose (which is probably just a regular boys name, ex. Jake) or do you want to choose? This can be anyone except for Big Bang and SHINee. I want you guys to be able to pick out something for the story, so please do answer.

2. Halloween is coming!!! What are you being? You going trick or treating? No, you can never to be old to get candy from random strangers on Halloween.

3. Did you enjoy this? I actually enjoyed writing this. What do you want in this fanfic? I would love to write what you guys want.

RANDOM WORD OF THE DAY!!! PINK!!!

Anyway...

THANK YOU!!!

<3