JongYu

Eidolon

 

Jonghyun sighed as he closed the door behind him. It was dark and cold inside signifying that yet again Jinki was going to be back home late.

 

He headed inside with heavy feet, the loneliness, absence of Jinki striking him right in the heart and making it heavy too. The year was ending, increasing Jinki’s work load; making him leave early and come back late. Jonghyun couldn’t say anything, he knew Jinki’s importance at his work and he didn’t want to interrupt him. With a solemn heart he accepted the empty and cold house.

 

He went about his tasks mundanely, trying to distract himself from the lingering feeling of loneliness. He hadn’t even seen Jinki properly this whole week, not even heard his soft voice. A few days back he had woken up in the middle of the night, his eyes falling on Jinki sleeping beside him. He fought back tears, as he lay there watching Jinki sleep. Eventually he fell asleep to only wake up to find Jinki gone and he finally let the tears fall.

 

Jonghyun was so used to Jinki’s presence; waking up to that beautiful smile, small kisses, the little texts they sent each other, kissing goodnight. But now all his days were filled with heartache.

 

He skipped channels, and finally settled on something that had very dim lighting, letting his eyes settle on it, but never once processing what was happening on the screen his mind too tired to take in anything, to think anything and finally he fell asleep.

 

-


That night when Jinki walked inside the living room he found the tv on and Jonghyun sleeping on the couch. He quietly made his way to the bedroom and quickly changed. He knelt down beside Jonghyun as he switched the tv off.

 

A bitter smile shaped his lips when his eyes fell on the tear stains on Jonghyun’s face. He lightly kissed Jonghyun on his forehead and carried him to their bed.

 

Once he had tucked Jonghyun in, he joined his side and pulled Jonghyun closer. He knew working those extra hour would take a great toll not only on him but on Jonghyun too.

 

He felt empty inside, not interacting with Jonghyun, neglecting his love and tonight he had seen traces of Jonghyun’s tears and his heart ached as he knew he was the reason behind them. He kissed Jonghyun again, he was going to put an end to their shared grief, he couldn’t see his love hurt anymore.


-

 

In the morning Jonghyun woke up when he felt a slight weight on him and small kisses being whispered into his neck and jaw. He hummed, as he stretched, his eyes opening in surprise, he was in bed. His eyes questioningly turned to Jinki beside him.

 

Jinki kissed him on his nose as he snuggled further beside Jonghyun. “You were asleep on the couch, I carried you inside. I am sorry.” Jinki mumbled into Jonghyun’s neck.

 

Jonghyun’s eyes welled up with tears. He ran his fingers across Jinki’s cheek, how much had he missed this.

 

“This won’t happen ever again. I promise.” Jinki said as he took Jonghyun’s hands in his own, intertwining their fingers as he kissed Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun wrinkled his nose cutely, “Morning breath,” he said making Jinki chuckle.

 

“You sleep in, I’ll make us breakfast.” Jinki gave Jonghyun a quick kiss.

 

Jonghyun smiled as he wiped his eyes, this was all he wanted, all he was craving, Jinki’s presence, his warmth, his smile, his sweet words, his intimacy.

 

He got up at the smell of pancakes and turned around to find his favourite pink roses and chocolates on the dressing table. He smiled as smelled the roses, Jinki was being extra and he was definitely not going to complain. With light steps he walked into the Kitchen. “You really know how to spoil me,” he sighed softly against Jinki’s neck as he hugged him from behind.

 

“Now out of the kitchen Mister.” Jinki slightly pushed Jonghyun away making him chuckle. “I have pancakes to make.” He stole a quick kiss from Jonghyun before shooing him out of the kitchen.

 

After breakfast, they lay down on the couch watching the reruns of the shows they had missed. “Jonghyun,” Jinki said softly. Jonghyun turned in his embrace smiling at Jinki. “I have taken the whole week off.” he informed. Jinki kissed his cheek when he saw Jonghyun’s eyes light up.

 

“Really? Can you do that? What about all those presentations-”

 

“Shh, this past week I realized that my work, how much ever important it may be, will always be second to you, second to us. So, let me make it up to you.” Jinki said as he tickled Jonghyun making him giggle.

 

“I am looking forward to it Mr. Lee.” Jonghyun whispered against Jinki’s lips before he kissed him, he was looking forward to erasing all the cold memories of the past week with Jinki’s warmth.