JongYu

Eidolon

(Prompt: Jinki waiting for Jonghyun with a wine glass and a lil plate of fruits)

 

Jinki sipped the special wine he was severed as he waited for Jonghyun. The nostalgic taste brought up the memories from a time ago, memories which now defined every little beat of his heart.

 

He was seventeen when he had first seen Jonghyun who was a fifteen year old rebel then. They had met when their fathers had decided to call it truce and sign treaties that had gone on for a whole week. And the whole week Jinki had Jonghyun as company and he didn’t complain at all. At the end of the week to celebrate their consolidation, Jonghyun’s father had ordered all their drums of their special spiced wines to be opened.

 

The taste of the spiced wine didn’t befuddle Jinki’s mind and thoughts, in fact they made him bolder, gave him courage to do what his heart had wanted to do for the past week. As they strolled in the garden away from all the cheer and festivities Jinki trapped Jonghyun between himself and the oak tree as he kissed him.

 

Jonghyun was reluctant, unresponsive at first, but as Jinki kept kissing him he gave in to his desire that had slowly matured over the week and kissed back with all he had, their wine glasses forgotten on the grass by their feet.

 

-

 

Time passed and Jinki and Jonghyun met each other secretly, their reunions a secret from everyone across both the kingdoms.

 

As their affection for each other only grew with passing time, Jinki approached his father, his heart full of fear and hope.

 

The next time Jonghyun met Jinki officially was when Jinki’s father had come to their halls with troves of gold and stones and asked his hand for marriage. Their betrothal was celebrated with much fare and the two didn’t need to hide their affection for the other this time.

 

-

 

“Ah, the Prince has finally decided to grace us with his presence,” Jinki said as he raised his glass to Jonghyun. Jinki was on the review of his kingdom and had decided to end his trip with a visit to Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun sighed as he unclasped his royal cloak, letting it fall with a heavy whoosh by his feet. He unlaced his boots, kicked them off shabbily and joined Jinki who was sitting on the lounge. He snuggled in closer to Jinki, yes, indeed he had missed the other Prince dearly too.

 

Jinki offered his glass of wine to Jonghyun, “This brings back a lot of memories,” Jinki spoke about the spiced wine.

 

Jonghyun took a small sip, his eyes never breaking the gaze they maintained. He hummed as he passed the glass back to Jinki.

 

“I was offered fruits too,” Jinki gestured to the ladened tray, “Have you ever tried eating fruits with wine?” Jinki asked amused.

 

“I haven’t.” Jonghyun said as he got comfortable against Jinki. “I’m glad you are here.” he entwined their hands, “now they won’t drag me away to the hall for some reason or the other.”

 

Jinki kissed their entwined fingers, “The pains of being a first born, which will only increase after you become King.”

 

“When I become King, you’ll always be by my side, and knowing you, you wouldn’t let them keep me away from you.”

 

“True.” Jinki smiled as he closed the distance between them as he slowly kissed Jonghyun, the kiss tasting like the first kiss they had ever had, spiced by the wine and fueled by their affection.

 


A/N:
I like how this turned out ^-^