Welcome to the Kim Family

The Domino Effect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Baekhyun, Mina, come here for a second." Chanyeol called out.

Baekhyun held Mina close in his lap. He was in the middle of reading her a bedtime story and was more than halfway finished.

"One second!" He called out to his boyfriend. 

Eventually, Mina turned the last page in her book and listened as Baekhyun read it to her. 

"The end." He kissed her and put the book on her bedside table. "Now let's go see what daddy's up to."

They climbed out of her bed and made their way out of her pink bedroom. With his hand holding hers, Baekhyun led them into the kitchen where Chanyeol was excitedly waiting for the both of them.

"What is it?" Baekhyun questioned. 

In response, Chanyeol picked up his pajama clad daughter and placed her on the kitchen counter. He gestured for Baekhyun to stand by his side and the older man did.

Crowded around the kitchen sink, they watched as Chanyeol created a dramatic display of turning on the faucet. Water gushed out at his command.

"You fixed it!" Mina exclaimed proudly.

Chanyeol smiled. The water had been fixed because he got paid earlier that day. Thankfully he was able to catch up on any bills that were late. 

Although money was still limited, Baekhyun's recent job search had been successful and gotten him an immediate waiter job at a mall restaurant. The current day was Friday and he was scheduled to start the upcoming Monday.That would help out their situation greatly and hopefully prevent them from ever having to deal with their water being shut off again.

With a fresh paycheck in their hands and another one to come in a couple weeks, money wasn't an issue for that month. Chanyeol and Baekhyun had learned to take everything month by month.

"I told you I would." Chanyeol responded.

It was Baekhyun's turn to be proud of Chanyeol so he reached upward and kissed his taller boyfriend.

Honestly, how could he not have been proud of Chanyeol? They had been on their own for 4 years and were still standing on their feet because of him. If only their parents could see how well they were managing without them. 

Chanyeol kissed back eagerly. He wrapped his arms around Baekhyun's waist, the older wrapping his arms around the younger's neck not long after.

Neither even fathomed the idea of pulling away until Mina began to giggle. Remembering that they weren't alone, they pulled away simultaneously. 

Chanyeol picked Mina up from the counter and placed her on his hip. "It's time for you to go to bed."

"Are you and mommy gonna play that game while I'm sleeping?"

Chanyeol chuckled nervously to hide his embarrassment. 

Not too long ago, Mina heard some rather interesting sounds (groans, bed creaks, etc) coming from her parents' bedroom that made it hard for her to sleep. Waking up to those unexpected noises frightened her terribly and Chanyeol had to come up with the brilliant idea to tell her they had been playing a late night game. 

It was a special game, he told her, and she wouldn't know the rules until she got much older. She believed him without question and was then able to sleep peacefully that night.

Baekhyun smirked at his boyfriend's embarrassed expression. "Yeah, Chanyeol, are we gonna play that game tonight?"

Chanyeol didn't miss the seductive way Baekhyun bit his lower lip. He was such a tease. 

"Um, w-we'll see." He stuttered, mostly answering Mina. 

Despite Chanyeol's unsure answer to Mina, Baekhyun knew the "game" was going to be "played" anyway. Having a child didn't mean they couldn't have . It just meant they couldn't have as much as they would have liked. That night was hopefully going to be a nice deviation from the norm because when Chanyeol came back from putting Mina to sleep, Baekhyun was already under the covers, waiting for him.

"We're not waiting until she falls asleep?" Chanyeol wondered as he closed and locked their door. It was a rhetorical question. The younger man didn't need nor want an answer.

As a matter of fact, he rid his body of his own clothes and eagerly climbed into bed with Baekhyun. He hovered over the older man, hands placed on either side of Baekhyun's body, and leaned down to kiss him.

Baekhyun tangled one hand into Chanyeol's hair while the other gripped his younger boyfriend's strong bicep. Carrying heavy trays full of plates of food really paid off for him.

"Chanyeol, ." Baekhyun moaned when Chanyeol moved to kiss his exposed neck. 

When Chanyeol's kisses turned into bites and nibbles, Baekhyun's moans became louder.

The younger boyfriend kissed his older boyfriend's lips to silence him. The last thing they wanted was for Mina to hear them again. "Shh." He murmured against his lips.

Baekhyun tried his best to stay quiet but their bodies touching and creating heat/friction made it nearly impossible. Lost in the moment, Baekhyun upward, rubbing against Chanyeol's rapidly forming . At the same time, Chanyeol moaned against Baekhyun's neck before moving his mouth lower and lower until it was around his lover's .

"Yes, right there." Baekhyun moaned while Chanyeol the sensitive bud, eliciting delicious sounds from him.

His delicious sounds quickly turned into annoyed sounds when a phone was heard ringing from the pile of clothes on the floor. Baekhyun moaned for an entirely different reason.

Chanyeol questioned if he should've answered it and Baekhyun hurriedly said no.

"Let it go to voicemail." He replied and they continued as if nothing had happened.

Chanyeol trailed gentle kisses from Baekhyun's chest all the way to his stomach. He placed a kiss on his belly button, nearing ever so close to his-

"Damn it." Baekhyun hissed when Chanyeol's phone started ringing again. "Tell whoever's calling to off."

Chanyeol chuckled at Baekhyun's choice of words before reluctantly removing himself from his boyfriend's body. His jeans were in a pile on the floor in front of their door and he picked them up so he could dig through the pockets for his phone.

He retrieved the electronic device a moment later and returned to bed. He sighed when he sat down after looking at the caller id.

"It's Luhan." He told Baekhyun who also sighed. 

Ever since Minseok revealed his pregnancy to his boyfriend, Chanyeol had become Luhan's own personal advice giver. At all times of the day and night, he would call Chanyeol when he didn't know how to react to Minseok and his hormones, morning sickness, or whatever else it was.

It's not that Chanyeol didn't want to help his friend but some times were just inconvenient. 

Chanyeol decided he had two choices. He could've turned his phone off and returned to his and boyfriend. Or, he could've answered his phone like the good friend he was. He reluctantly chose the latter.

"Yes, Luhan?" 

"You have to help me."

"What is it this time?"

"Can I stay over your place tonight?"

"You want to stay over here?" Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun's eyes widened and he shook his head quickly. He just wanted to have with his boyfriend with no more interruptions. Was that too much to ask?

Chanyeol was really torn on what to do because he knew if he said no, he would have been labeled as a ty friend. How many times had Minseok and Luhan let them come over when they needed help? But if he said yes, he knew he would have to give up his precious alone time with Baekhyun.

"I need you to say yes." Luhan said after Chanyeol had spent too long contemplating.

"Why?"

"Because I'm right outside your apartment building and I can't come inside until someone lets me in."

"Alright. I'll be right there." Chanyeol hung up.

"He's staying here?" Baekhyun wondered in bewilderment. 

"He's already outside the building. Get dressed. We're having a sleepover."

Baekhyun groaned and kicked the blankets off his body. "If Luhan asks where I am, tell him I'm ing in the shower."

With that, Baekhyun strode over to the bathroom and shut the door, ready to put their returned water to good use.

Chanyeol laughed at Baekhyun's straightforwardness and got dressed quickly. He buzzed his awaiting friend into the building soon thereafter. 

Chanyeol was just reaching for a beer in the fridge when Luhan knocked on their door. He unlocked it swiftly and decided Luhan needed a beer too.He handed the one he had in his hand to Luhan and grabbed another one for himself.

"Thanks." Luhan mumbled. He had a backpack on his shoulder that had everything he would need for an overnight stay. 

He plopped the backpack on the living room couch and plopped down next to it. Chanyeol sat next to Luhan, opening his beer in the process. He offered to open Luhan's and before long, the two of them were having their "daddies in college" talk.

"Did Minseok kick you out?" Chanyeol wondered.

Luhan took a swig of his beer and shook his head no. "I wish. He doesn't even know I'm here."

"You snuck out?"

"Yeah but I had a good reason to."

Chanyeol nodded for him to continue. 

"He wants to tell his dad he's pregnant."

Chanyeol blinked in confusion. "And that's a bad thing?"

"Yes! It's terrible!" Luhan exclaimed. "Have you met Minseok's dad?"

"Uh, no."

"He's insanely overprotective. Chanyeol, his dad will kill me when he finds out."

"Does he not like you?"

"He likes me but he doesn't like the idea of Minseok dating. We're not even allowed to sleep in the same bed at his house."

"Oh?" Chanyeol didn't know what to say so he just allowed Luhan to rant.

"Minseok already told his dad we'd go over his house tomorrow and stay the weekend. If I hide here and Minseok doesn't find me, I won't have to go with him."

"So you're hiding from Minseok?"

"Yes. He used to be so quiet and stuff but now he's crazy. He bosses me around and yells at me all the time. I need to hide."

Chanyeol laughed and took a drink of his beer. "It happens. His hormones are way out of control. We'll never understand what pregnant people go through but right now you just need to give Minseok anything and everything he wants."

"Are you saying I should go with him when he tells his dad?"

"You're his boyfriend, so yes. He wants you to go."

Luhan bit his lip in contemplation. He sighed once he came to a conclusion. "Only if you come too."

"What?"

"Please, Chanyeol. His dad can't kill me if you're a witness." Luhan pleaded. Chanyeol was partially afraid the older would get down on his knees and beg if he didn't answer soon.

"Fine. I'll go."

"Thank you." Luhan sighed in relief. "You can bring Baekhyun too and Mina. The more witnesses the better."

Chanyeol rolled his eyes. "I'll tell Baekhyun."

"You're a lifesaver." Luhan replied as he chugged down his beer.

To change the subject, Chanyeol asked, "So are you and Minseok keeping the baby?"

Luhan shrugged. "I want to but Minseok's undecided. He said he wouldn't get an abortion though so that's good."

Speaking of Minseok, Luhan's phone rang then, signaling the older calling him. "He's totally gonna yell at me." Luhan groaned but answered anyway.

"Hello, sweetheart."

Sure enough, Chanyeol could hear Minseok yelling about Luhan sneaking out and how he was going to kick his whenever he got back.

"I have a good reason to be out, though." Luhan said once Minseok stopped talking long enough to let the younger speak. "Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Mina are coming to visit your dad too. It'll be fun."

Minseok's tone instantly brightened. "My dad loves when I bring friends home."

"See. I just did you a favor." 

"Thank you, honey. I love you." Minseok cooed.

"Bye." Luhan hung up and spoke to Chanyeol. "He's so bipolar. I never know if I'm going to get psychotic Minseok or sickeningly sweet Minseok when I wake up."

Chanyeol nodded in understanding and the television for something to do. If he and Baekhyun didn't have plans for the weekend before, they did then thanks to Luhan. 

Baekhyun joined the two friends a while later and Chanyeol took that opportunity to explain the situation and their weekend plans. Baekhyun was okay with the plans because he wanted to be with Minseok for moral support when he told his dad he was pregnant.

"Where does he live?" Baekhyun asked Luhan.

"He lives on the outskirts of Boston. It's like an hour and a half drive from here."

Baekhyun nodded. Spending time with Minseok, Luhan, and Minseok's dad might have been pretty fun.

After watching television for a while longer, Luhan got a text from Minseok telling him to come back home and to bring chocolate covered strawberries with him among other requests.

"I guess I have to go. Don't back out on me. We'll come by tomorrow at 7am to pick you up."

Chanyeol promised they wouldn't back out and Luhan, satisfied, left their apartment. Once he was gone, Baekhyun laughed.

"Luhan's something else. Isn't he?"

Chanyeol chuckled along and nodded. "He's going to be a dad soon. It's scary. We've already been there, remember?"

"How could I forget?" Baekhyun wondered as he sat on Chanyeol's lap. He gave his younger boyfriend a gentle kiss on the lips.

"You know, I kinda miss being pregnant. Maybe we should have another baby." Baekhyun pouted when he pulled away. 

Chanyeol's face went completely pale and he gulped audibly. "Y-you're kidding right?" He shrieked. 

Baekhyun laughed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter