Chanyeol's Revelation

The Domino Effect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning: mentions of suicide

**

Per Luhan's request and direction, Chanyeol drove them both to a new club that had opened in downtown Boston. 

Chanyeol was already regretting his decision to tag along. Too many things just didn't feel right. He didn't fit in with the careless and idiotic young adults. He would've liked to think he wasn't one of them.

What if Baekhyun woke up in the middle of the night looking for Chanyeol? What if he was worried about his absence? Chanyeol would just have to make sure he checked his phone on a regular basis if something like that were to happen.

Paranoid that Baekhyun had already noticed his absence, he reached into his pocket to grab his phone. Only to realize he had left it back at the house. 

"." He mumbled. He really felt guilty then. "Are you sure you don't want to go back?" Chanyeol wondered as Luhan climbed out of the car.

"We've made it this far. Come on."

Chanyeol begrudgingly got out of the car and followed Luhan. He hadn't been in or around a club since that night with Soo-Hyun almost 2 years ago. What was he doing there?

Both of them stood at the back of the line waiting to enter. Once they got to the front, Chanyeol unfortunately did remember his wallet so he had no excuse to back out when he flashed his ID to the bouncer.

The man waved them into the loud, crowded, stuffy club. Chanyeol felt so out of place.

"I'll just have a drink or two, dance, and then we'll be out." Luhan promised his friend. 

"What?" Chanyeol cupped a hand around his ear. It was impossible to be heard.

Luhan repeated what he said, louder that time, and Chanyeol nodded. The younger's eyes darted around the club nervously. The nervousness he felt was similar to a teenager using a fake ID, afraid his parents would catch him out.

Instead of having to worry about his parents catching him, he was worried about his spouse catching him. Even if he didn't touch a drink, would Baekhyun still be mad that he agreed to go after what happened the last time? Chanyeol hoped not.

He followed Luhan to the bar and watched as the older ordered a drink. It was no surprise that the bartender was an overly ualized woman with her s on an impressive display.

"What about you, sweetie? What do you want?" She purred and Chanyeol did not look down at her chest. It was just her job to flirt, hoping to bring in bigger tips. But Chanyeol was having none of that. His willpower remained unwavering. 

"Nothing for me. Thank you." He replied politely and she moved on to the next customer, expecting to get nothing out of Chanyeol.

Luhan, on the other hand, downed a Jack and coke. Chanyeol watched his friend drink, starting to feel the urge to drink himself. Alcohol relieved stress. Didn't Chanyeol deserve a stress reliever before work on Monday? 

"You want one?" Luhan asked. Chanyeol thought long and hard before reluctantly nodding. He was breaking his promise to Baekhyun not to drink until after the pregnancy but one drink wouldn't hurt and Baekhyun didn't have to know. 

"Changed your mind?" The bartender smirked as she placed a drink in front of Chanyeol. 

"Don't get any ideas," the 24 year old retorted, "I'm gay."

She pouted. "It's always the cute ones."

Chanyeol grabbed his drink and turned away from the woman. He looked out at the crowd and sipped his drink slowly. He wanted to savor the one drink he had because he didn't think he would have another. 

As he drank, he mulled over Luhan's previous words. Did he ever get tired of being a father? Sometimes, he was just tired of it all. Sometimes, he was tired of living. Life was exhausting. 

Before he knew it, his glass was empty and he was asking for a refill. 

As he sipped his 2nd drink, he swore to himself he would make smart decisions no matter how drunk he got. Even as the drinks continued to pile up. 

Baekhyun and Minseok might have very well killed their significant others if they found out just how drunk they got. Chanyeol couldn't ever remember being so drunk before in his life. So much for smart decisions.

At least he was able to forget about stress. In fact, he forgot about everything except Baekhyun, the unborn baby, and Mina. No matter how drunk he got, he couldn't forget about them.

Luhan and Chanyeol sat around with a group of people they didn't know, laughing and drinking. Luhan picked up a cigarette first and Chanyeol, having never smoked before, followed. It wasn't hard to catch on and Chanyeol hoped Baekhyun wouldn't smell the smoke on him when they got home. 

"You say you're married." A random girl said as she smoked next to Chanyeol. He nodded and took a puff of his own cigarette like a natural. 

"Then where's your wedding ring?"

Chanyeol laughed. "It's on my finger. Where else would it be?"

She chuckled along. "I bet you're not even married. You just don't want to have a one night stand. Just say it."

Chanyeol shook his head and held up his left hand only to discover that his ring was nowhere to be seen. He put out the cigarette and began searching frantically for his ring. He looked in his pockets. He stood up and looked in between the cushions of the booth they sat in.

He looked everywhere he could possibly look before panicking. When was the last time he had it on? As much as Chanyeol tried, his brain was so muddled he couldn't remember what happened a little while ago. There was no way he was driving home.

He slumped back into the seat and put his head in his hands. Why couldn't he have just said no to this unplanned outing? Why did he agree to go with Luhan in the first place? 

Anything could have happened to his wedding ring and he couldn't remember a thing. Either way, Baekhyun wouldn't be happy. And Chanyeol wouldn't blame him for being unhappy.

He had screwed up once with Soo-Hyun and he screwed up again. Chanyeol should have been crowned king of bad decisions. There was no way any of his good deeds could have compensated for the fact that he lost his ing wedding ring.

"Luhan, let's go." Chanyeol hissed, slurring his words.

"Huh?" The big eyed guy looked up, surrounded by a cloud of smoke. 

"Let's go." Chanyeol hissed again and grabbed his older friend's arm. He dragged the man out of the club. He wanted to blame Luhan for the ty situation he'd found himself in but he had no one to blame but himself.

"How are we getting home?" Luhan slurred, swaying slightly on his feet. 

"We'll walk." Chanyeol replied. Sung-Woo or Baekhyun could drive them out later to get their car. Chanyeol was just glad he hadn't lost the car keys.

Once outside, both of them were surprised to see the sky was beginning to lighten. How long had they been out? 

Luhan checked his phone, squinting at the blurry numbers.

"It's 5:15." He mumbled. They had been out for hours and neither could remember more than a fraction of that time. What could they have possibly done during those long hours?

"Are we really going home?" Luhan wondered as they walked in the direction they hoped was towards their home.

"We have to."

"Minseok can't see me like this." Luhan slurred, unable to walk in a straight line.

Chanyeol wasn't fairing much better. He was unable to walk in a straight line himself. 

"Baekhyun's gonna kill me." Chanyeol murmured. 

"Minseok's gonna kill me!" Luhan exclaimed in terror. So much for their "last hoorah."

"It was your idea!"

"You didn't have to listen to me!"

Chanyeol shook his head. He wasn't ready to go home and face Baekhyun. He wasn't ready to admit he'd lost his wedding ring. Sooner than Luhan and Chanyeol wanted, they were home. It was just their luck that they had walked in the right direction after all. 

Chanyeol walked up to the front door and attempted to put the key in the keyhole. But his vision was ed up and it took way longer than it should have to put the key in the right keyhole. According to Chanyeol's unreliable vision, there were many different keys and many different keyholes.

"Hurry up, I have to take a piss." Luhan whined.

"Go piss on a tree." Chanyeol hissed in frustration as he struggled to put the key in.

Luhan was just about to take the suggestion before Chanyeol eventually got the door open. Both of them stumbled inside, Luhan stumbling to the bathroom. 

Chanyeol leaned against the door for a second, willing the room to stop spinning. Once it did, he walked upstairs as quietly as a heavily drunk person could. 

He opened the door to their bedroom to find Baekhyun's side of the bed empty and the light on in the bathroom. He inwardly groaned. With Baekhyun wide awake, Chanyeol wouldn't get off so easily. 

"Chanyeol?" Baekhyun called from the bathroom. 

The taller made his way into the bathroom where Baekhyun had just finished brushing his teeth. Why was he such a morning person that day? 

"Have you been working all night?" Baekhyun wondered when he heard Chanyeol approach. When the younger didn't respond, the older turned around to face him.

Chanyeol looked sick in more ways than one and could barely stand on his feet. Baekhyun winced when the taller stumbled over to the toilet and puked in it. Most of it landed in the toilet at least. 

Baekhyun quickly shut the door to the bathroom. Mina didn't need to hear any of what was about to be said. He went over to Chanyeol and rubbed his back, noticing his smell of smoke and alcohol. 

"You're drunk." He retorted, fuming. 

Chanyeol flushed the toilet and sat down on the bathroom floor. "Could you not yell, please?"

Baekhyun clenched his teeth. He wasn't done talking yet. "What the is wrong with you? Are you really that stupid? Chanyeol, you're a father with another baby on the way! You can't go off in the middle of the night and get drunk!"

"I'm sorry." Chanyeol murmured. 

"Sorry?" Baekhyun crossed his arms. "Since you seem to like to cheat when you get drunk, who'd you sleep with this time?"

"I didn't sleep with anyone!"

"Then where's your wedding ring?"

"I-," Chanyeol shrunk under Baekhyun's glare, "I don't know. But I swear I didn't sleep with anyone!"

Baekhyun turned away and wiped his eyes. Disappointed tears began to fall from his eyes. "Chanyeol, why did you even-?"

"It was Luhan's idea!"

"I don't care whose idea it was!" 

Chanyeol sighed and buried his head in his hands. "I wanted a break from being a father and all the stress that comes with having a family. It was just for fun and I promise you that nothing happened."

"You want a break from being a father?" Baekhyun turned around and Chanyeol saw the tears in his eyes. 

"You don't understand. You don't understand how stressful it is, being a young father and having a full time job. You told me to take a break, Sung-Woo told me to take a break. So I did. Why are you so upset?"

Baekhyun covered his mouth with his hand and held back a sob. "You don't think I'm stressed out too? I'm a mother, I'm pregnant, I have a job, but you don't see me going out and doing something stupid. What if something happened to you? Did yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter