The Visitor

The Domino Effect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina and Baekhyun made their way over to the law firm where Chanyeol and Sung-Woo worked. The 5 year old was full of questions and Baekhyun was ready to give her answers. 

He held her hand as they entered, immediately going in the direction of Chanyeol's office.

Baekhyun held his left hand up to knock right as Sung-Woo passed them.

"He's in a meeting. I think he'll be done soon." He offered. Baekhyun nodded.

Sung-Woo picked up Mina and offered for them to hang out in his office until Chanyeol got back.

"Sure. Thanks." Baekhyun smiled. He followed his daughter and the older man to the opposite end of the hallway. 

"So, how was school?" Sung-Woo asked as he placed Mina on the dark sofa in his office and sat next to her.

"It was so much fun, grandpa!" She went on to tell him exactly how it played out, down to what she had for snack and what she had for lunch.

Baekhyun stood in the doorway, no longer paying attention to either one of them. He was keeping an eye out for his husband. He grew impatient because Mina's story would soon come to a close and he needed to talk to Chanyeol alone before that happened. 

Finally, the elevator doors on the opposite wall opened and Chanyeol stepped out with a co-worker. So different from earlier that morning, he wore a crisp light blue shirt, a tie, black dress pants, and black loafers. 

Baekhyun smiled. More often than not, he thought of where he and Chanyeol had been 5 years ago. They had been poor and jobless, having come a long way. Hopefully, in just a couple more years, Chanyeol would become an official lawyer and they could buy their first house together.

Chanyeol was laughing at something his co-worker said and once he caught sight of Baekhyun, his smile grew brighter. 

The older spouse snuck a glance at Mina to find her still engaged in conversation. Without a sound, he left Sung-Woo's office to greet Chanyeol. 

"Where's Mina?" Chanyeol wondered as Baekhyun grabbed his hand and led him to his office. Baekhyun shut the door and turned to face Chanyeol. 

"Sung-Woo's watching her but we need to talk." He said.

"Okay. About what?" Chanyeol wondered as he leaned against his desk and crossed his arms. His face that had been filled with amusement earlier was serious.

Baekhyun stood in front of his husband and reached out to hold his hands. Chanyeol uncrossed his arms and took both of Baekhyun's hands in his own.

The taller man was all ears at that point, no pun intended. 

"Mina told me about a little incident that happened during recess."

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow curiously. "What happened?"

"Some girls wouldn't play with her because their parents told them not to. Mina told me they called her an abomination."

"Seriously?" 

"Yes. And I think it's time we told her about our families, our lives before her, and our lives after she came along. I know she's going to run into more people like that as she gets older and I don't want her to be so naive."

Chanyeol squeezed Baekhyun's hands reassuringly. He nodded. "I agree. I can get off early and we can take her home and talk to her."

Baekhyun smiled and kissed Chanyeol. The taller rested his hands on Baekhyun's waist, kissing back passionately.

A knock on the door caused them to pull apart. Thinking it was his boss, he stepped away from Baekhyun. The last thing he wanted was for someone to think he routinely made out with his husband at work. That was rather unprofessional. 

Thankfully it was just Sung-Woo, dropping off Mina. He had had an earful of her talking about school and needed a break. Chanyeol and Baekhyun didn't blame him.

In turn, once Sung-Woo left, Chanyeol got an earful himself. Hardly getting a word in because she was talking so much, he simply opted to listen and nod when necessary. 

Once she was done, Baekhyun suggested they go home. Chanyeol agreed and went off to tell his boss he was leaving early. When they arrived home, it was nearing 5pm. Dinner would be prepared soon but before it happened, they told Mina they wanted to talk to her.

"Sit down, sweetheart. Mommy and I want to talk to you."

She looked up at her parents with big innocent eyes. "Am I in trouble?" She wondered. 

"No. Of course not." Baekhyun chuckled as he sat down next to her, Chanyeol on the other side.

Chanyeol draped an arm around his daughter and spoke. "We just want to talk to you about what the little girls at school said to you."

"Oh." Mina replied, swinging her legs.

"But before we get to that, we want to talk about us, mommy and me."

Mina looked back and forth between both parents, interested in what they had to say about themselves that had to do with what her classmates said about her.

Baekhyun took it upon himself to start. What better place to start than his and Chanyeol's relationship? 

"Daddy and I have been best friends since we were around your age."

"Really?" She wondered, eyes shining with interest. It was hard for her to imagine their lives before she ever existed.

"Yes. But once we got to high school we decided we liked each other more than friends. We started dating and we had to keep it a secret from our parents."

"Why?" 

Chanyeol answered her question. "We're two males, Mina. Males dating other males and females dating other females are extremely sensitive topics. People tend to believe a male should date a female and anything else is wrong."

Mina scrunched her face up in confusion. She had grown up around males dating other males. She hardly realized how diverse relationships could be.

Chanyeol continued before she could speak. "I know that you've always seen me and mommy together and your uncles together but many people believe it's wrong for me to have married mommy and that it's wrong for Minseok to be engaged to Luhan."

"Why?"

"I don't know why. Some people just have a hard time accepting that everyone is different and there's no right or wrong way to live. Our parents were like that. They didn't support our relationship."

Baekhyun nodded. He felt it was his turn to continue so he spoke. Mina turned to face him.

"Our very first year of college, we found out I was pregnant with you. We were just teenagers and never expected to have you so soon. When we told our parents, they were upset with us. They were obviously upset that we were dating but they were even more upset that I was pregnant. Normally, people don't have kids until they're old enough to take care of them. We weren't. Our parents thought we were irresponsible and didn't want us to live with them anymore."

"Is that why I never see my grandparents?"

"Yes. My mother came to visit not too long ago, remember? I thought she was ready to forgive me but when she found out I was pregnant again, she didn't like it. Because people don't like the idea of males dating other males, they also don't like the idea of a male being pregnant."

Chanyeol nodded and interjected. "The girls at school today, their parents don't like us because we had you at such a young age and we're both males. Because you have two male parents, there are going to be people who don't like you as a result."

"But I didn't do anything wrong." Mina pouted. 

Chanyeol smiled. "No, you didn't do anything wrong and neither did we, but some people just can't accept people who are different from them. Thankfully, there will also be people who accept you and us the way we are. But we just want you to be prepared if someone says something mean to you or about us."

"Don't pay them any attention." Baekhyun added. "There's nothing wrong with you or us, we just live a different lifestyle than them."

"Okay." She stated. It was a lot for a young child to take in. Chanyeol and Baekhyun hoped she understood but didn't want to press the issue further. 

It was enough serious talk for the day so Chanyeol offered to make dinner while Mina went away to play in her room. 

Baekhyun sat at the kitchen counter while Chanyeol started dinner. The former began to text Jongdae. He was temporarily engaged in a rather interesting conversation about their love lives. 

Waiting for Jongdae to reply, he set his phone down and watched Chanyeol cook. The younger was in the middle of stir frying chicken. He had pushed up the sleeves of his work shirt to show off his nice forearms.

"You know, you look really hot when you cook." Baekhyun purred. Maybe his morning sickness was temporarily gone and replaced by . Either way, neither Chanyeol nor Baekhyun was going to complain. 

Chanyeol smiled at Baekhyun's remark. One day, they would get old and grow tired of , but it wasn't happening anytime soon. They had one child already and a baby on the way to prove it.

"You're not feeling sick at all?" Chanyeol wondered and Baekhyun shook his head and exhaled in relief. 

"I haven't felt sick all day. Who knows when it will return? We have to take advantage of its absence now." Baekhyun smirked. "I want to let you me right here and right now but that would be irresponsible. Mina could walk in. We'll have to wait until she goes to sleep. It's the downside of being a parent I guess."

Chanyeol bit down on his lip, hard. He certainly preferred Baekhyun to morning sick Baekhyun. 

"Y-yeah." He squeaked out,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter