Chapter 04

Dracula
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the sun goes down, two passengers sat far away from each other inside a taxi. The driver who seems like a middle-aged man cleared his throat, the two looked at him.

 

“Ahjussi …” Krystal called, “Could you please turn on your radio?” She asked cutely.

 

“Station?”

 

“Hm, just choose randomly ahjussi.” Krystal said, “FM only okay?”

 

“Okay then.”

 

The driver turned the radio on and he chooses KBS World Radio, the Jung sisters gave a heavy sigh. It’ll be a long ride back home, or is it really home?

 

“Sujeong-ah …” Jessica called and the latter hummed in return, “What do you want for dinner?” She asked as she scrolls down at her contact lists.

 

“Nothing.” Krystal said making Jessica look at her, “I want to rest.”

 

And nothing was said after.

 

The red light showed and their ride stopped smoothly. The light of 7-eleven made Krystal stare at it a little long but what captured her attention was a familiar guy that stood outside of the store. The guy noticed her and gave her a cute smile, she scoffed.

 

“Minhyuk.” He mouthed, “Frisbee guy.”

 

“Ah …” Krystal said a brow raised, “Bye.”

 

Minhyuk who was kinda rejected by the action just smiled. He admires the girl’s side profile, pretty. As the green light , Minhyuk waved at the cold girl who didn’t even bother to look at him.

 

“Girls.” Minhyuk smiled, he then started walking to leave the place.

 

~

 

Alex grabs her phone and opens the window in her room. The night air breeze started filling in her dark room. It’s past midnight and her stomach’s growling. She can’t go out without the guy’s knowing, she’s too damn precious.

 

As she sneakily went out of her room with the help of her window, she quickly grabs on the railings and slid her way down. As she successfully gets out of the premises, she casually walks down on the street to find a nice place to grab some snacks.

 

Walking for thirty minutes and counting, she found a food truck that sells Mexican foods.

 

‘Kogi BBQ?’ Alex raises a brow, ‘Acceptable.’

 

She jogs her way there when a noise distracts her causing her to bump into someone.

 

“Sorry.” Alex bowed lightly.

 

“Have we met before?”

 

Alex’s heart started to beat rapidly than normal, her hands started to sweat. She slowly looks up. It’s her.

 

‘Krystal.’ Alex thought, “Ah—I don’t think so.” She lied.

 

Krystal who blankly stares at her took some time to process on what she wants to say next. Alex tightens her jaw, she’s hella nervous.

 

“I gotta go.” Alex said, “Sorry for bumping into you again.”

 

As Alex awkwardly walk away from her, Krystal grabs her wrist.

 

“Are you sure?” Krystal raises a brow.

 

“Sure,” Alex answered without bothering to look back at her.

 

“Okay then,” Krystal said and let go of her.

 

Alex ordered short rib taco, a Pacman burger, sriracha bar, and two cans of Coke. After paying and getting her change, she started to look for an empty table and seat. To her dismay, every seat is not available but a particular girl looks at her invitingly.

 

‘All I want is to eat but why is she here?’ Alex thought as she started to walk at Krystal’s direction, “Is this seat taken?” She asks dumbly.

 

“Not at all.” Krystal smiled, pretty.

 

“Is it okay if I share here with you?” Alex dumbly asks again.

 

“As long as you share your food with me then it’s fine, I don’t mind,” Krystal said making the latter laugh.

 

“Sure thing.” Alex smiled and took the seat that is in the opposite direction of Krystal.

 

The two fell into peaceful silence. The night breeze made Alex feel relaxed and so does Krystal.

 

Krystal decided to break the silence, “You ordered many haven’t you?”

 

“I’m hungry.” Alex replied with a small smile plastered on her face, “How about you?”

 

“Combo 3 with a dessert.” Krystal grinned, “I’m hungry too.”

 

A guy whose both hands are occupied approached the two ladies, he settled down the first tray then the other.

 

“Enjoy your meals.” He grabs the number plates, bowed, and leave.

 

Krystal ordered a sweet chili chicken quesadilla, a spicy pork taco, a chocolate tres leches cake, and a Coke.

 

“You really are hungry,” Alex remarked.

 

“Yeah, let’s dig in!” Krystal cheered cutely making the latter smile.

 

The two started eating their ordered Mexican food and not forgetting to share. As time passes by, the two really haven’t got to know each other since Alex is giving a colder vibe than Krystal.

 

“Ah~” Krystal slumped on her seat, “I’m so full.”

 

Alex laughed, “I’m not.” She said and finish her last can of Coke.

 

~

 

“I swear I saw you before,” Krystal spoke to break the silence.

 

The two decided to stay for a while in a nearby playground. They’re seating at a seesaw.

 

“And I swear that I haven’t seen you before.” Alex her lips, a habit of hers when she is lying.

 

Krystal shivered slightly from the sudden cold breeze and Alex who saw this, stood up while taking her jacket off and walk towards Krystal’s back to swaddle her up.

 

“How about you?!” Krystal jerked her head up to look at the girl, “You might catch a cold.”

 

Alex smiled reassuringly, “Don’t worry, I’ll be fine.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

Krystal’s phone vibrated as Alex goes back to her sitting place. From time to time the phone vibrates and Alex just let it be, she doesn’t want to get a cold response from the cold girl.

 

“Something bothering you?” Alex decided to ask out of curiosity, “You seem to ignore that call multiple times.” She said, “Not important?”

 

Krystal nodded, “Just someone.”

 

“Boyfriend?”

 

“Broke up last year.” Krystal replied coldly making the dhampir shut , “It’s okay, I’ve moved on.” She reassured, “It’s not really serious, he’s plain an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter