28 days with Ms. Perfect

Description

What if you realize that your time is running out?

What can happen in 28 days? 

Or what could you do in 28 days?

 

A story about breaking walls, finding true friendship and innocent love.

 

Are you brave enough to make someone fall in love?

 

Foreword

Six months in the Gynaecology Department comes to a close for the young Ms. Kwon, the controversial beauty, and here she is, scanning through the schedules and reassignment list.

“Where on earth is my name?” She sighs in distress as she scanned the document again.

“Try the other list.” Sooyoung, her ex co-worker encouraged her as she pointed to the other list at the other side of the board.

“No way, that’s for the special areas, you need to be recommended by the department head to even be screened. I doubt Mrs. Han will even consider recommending me.” Call her bitter but Yuri has a little grudge towards her ex department head, earning a chuckle from Sooyoung.

“The two of you used to be so close you know. We almost thought you were her pet until you know, that happened.” Soo said, yawning as they had just ended an eight hour graveyard shift.

“Don’t remind me. That gave me the fame I never wanted.” Yuri sighed as she couldn’t find her name once again.

Sooyoung gave her a look saying just please try the other list with her blood-shot sleepy eyes.

“Okay okay.” Yuri said and scanned the other list. Her eyes went wide, she didn’t even have to look for long, there’s her name right on the first page along with others whom she has no idea who.

“Emergency Room, Day shift starting the day after tomorrow.” She bit her lip and stared at Sooyoung.

“I guess you’re still Han’s pet after all.” Soo laughed as they turned their back away from the board.

Yuri smiled a bit but as they passed the corridor towards the exit, she caught a glimpse of her new workplace and she doesn’t know if she’ll thank the old monster or not. The emergency room looked like a warzone and she doesn’t know if the experience she had from the mild environment of the Gynaecological Dept is enough for her to last.

Once they reached the parking lot, Sooyoung stopped as she unlocked her car.

“I guess I’ll just see you around Ms. ER nurse.” Sooyoung grinned; there was the unmistakeable melancholy in her tone.

“I bet you will Ms. Surgery nurse.” They hugged a bit and she waved goodbye before she entered her car and drove home.

 

*

 

Three friends were at a cafe sipping coffees except for the youngest member who preferred hot chocolate.

“Emergency Room, huh?” Tiffany asked the girl sitting in front of her who was nonchalantly reading a book.

The girl answered with a slight nod earning a disapproving look from the older girl.

“Hey Yoong! That’s not a way to answer your unnie!” Tiff fumed.

The girl just looked up and stuck her tongue out and resumed reading.

“Tae! Discipline this imbecile right now!” Tiff ordered nudging the other girl with her leg under the table.

“What? What? I swear I just looked away for a minute and you two are at it again.” Taeyeon groaned.

“Hey kid, apologize. Seriously, I don’t understand why people are head over heels for you. Aside from that cute angelic face I don’t know what else there is to praise.”

Yoona just giggled and closed her book. “Come on unnies. Yoong is sorry.” And she dropped her bomb, pouty lips and adorable doe eyes attack.

The other two can just face palm themselves. It was a war lost even before it started.

“And unnie, how can you call your dongsaeng an imbecile huh? Yoona hurt.” They can’t believe her attack can have another level of cuteness with slightly teary eyes effect.

Tiffany groaned. She can’t believe this punk can turn tables on her as easy as breathing out.

“Tiffany how can you ignore that face? I commend you for not bending to this girl’s antics.” Tae said, impressed.

But the truth is...

“Okay okay, I’m sorry Yoong. Just stop that before I start crying with you.” The pink lover sighed.

“You owe me a slice of cake.” The doe eyed said as she flashed her unnies with another aegyo attack.

“What? No way...” Tiffany opened her phone to distract herself but Yoona was quick and stared at her unnie, pulling the phone aside. As expected, another slice of triple chocolate cake was added to their table.

“She always wins.” Tiffany sighed and looked at Yoona happily munching her victory cake.

Just then a man entered the cafe and spotted the three.

“Oh hi guys! I can’t believe you’re here.”

The three waved except for Yoona who just looked at the new comer.

“Hi Baek. Guys you know Baek right? He’s from the Pediatric ICU with me.” Taeyeon said.

“Yeah, I see him around.” Tiffany said with her eye smiles but Yoona just nod.

“Well, it’s nice seeing you ladies but I have to go. Bye!” Baek said and went off.

“You really are weird Yoona. You didn’t even say a single word.” Tae said and chuckled.

“I don’t know him.” She replied as she focused once again on her cake.

“You don’t like him do you?” Tiff asked.

“It’s not that. I just don’t know him.” Yoona shrugged. Her two unnies just smiled.

Yoona is their sweet, funny and loving dongsaeng but she has built impenetrable walls around her. Too bad, they’re the only ones who can see this vibrant side of her. People adore, even worship the girl with her striking features, astonishing intellect, impressive family background and wealth. They dubbed her as Ms. Perfect.

But they will never be able to see Yoong, the jester, the artist, the friend.

Somehow, it made them feel special.                     

Only they know Ms. Perfect, they’re the only ones she let in her walls.

Or are things going to change?