just like Tom and Jerry

A Tom and Jerry romance

She’s sitting on the sofa staring out the window while being bored out of her mind; she lets out huge sighs as if she wants someone to hear.

“knock, knock”

She doesn’t want to answer but the door opens anyways, a tall, muscular man is seen in sight but she doesn’t look at him.

The man: “Miss Hye Sun, your father would like for you to come down stairs and have breakfast with him before he leaves for work”

Hye Sun: “okay I’m coming”

She gets up and walks downstairs with her grumpy face as she sits on the opposite side of the dining table from her father.

Dad: “well, good morning to you miss grumpy”

Hye Sun: “morning appa” she says while letting out a small sigh

Dad: “well, let’s start eating!” he picks up a muffin while widely grinning

Hye Sun looks at him hesitantly, “appa, can I go to the mall today?”

Dad: “why? You need clothes? I just bought you clothes two days ago” he munches his muffin

Hye Sun: “no, I just want to hang out there” she looks at him with baby-like eyes

Dad: “now Hye Sun, I can’t have you wasting your time when you’re the daughter of the richest man in South Korea. You need to be educated instead of wasting your time, so no you can’t go Hye Sun”

Hye Sun: “but appaaaaa” she whines a little

Dad: “no buts Hye Sun, we already have enough of those” he chuckles a little then continues eating

Hye Sun silently eats with a defeated look on her face. They finish eating then they go to the living room to watch TV together for a little bit. Hye Sun let’s out huge sighs while watching; her dad looks at her with a dumbfounded look.

Dad: “well, you don’t have to make it so obvious. Keep your boredness to yourself” he huffs a little while crossing his arms

Hye Sun sighs quietly with her grumpy face. Her dad goes to work then she goes to her room and sits on the sofa again waiting for her piano lesson to come.  

All her lessons come and pass slowly because of how bored she is; her dad comes home in the evening and calls for her. Hye Sun goes down stairs to greet him, “evening appa” she bows to him.

Dad: “evening Hye Sun, follow me.” Hye Sun blinks in confusion but silently follows him. He sits on the couch and turns the TV on, “sit” she sits and looks at him. He watches TV like she’s not there so she starts watching it too.

Dad: “you and I are going to the mall tomorrow to get you a dress” he doesn’t take his eyes off the TV.

Hye Sun quickly turns her head to him, “why?”

Dad: “there’s a party my company’s holding in two days and I want to take you.”

Hye Sun’s smile is from ear to ear as she squeals loudly, “ahhhh thank you appa!!!” she gets up and starts twirling around happily as her dad laughs a little.

Night comes and Hye Sun’s laying on her bed thinking about different dresses as she slowly drifts off to sleep.

She wakes up in the morning and jumps out of bed to get ready then rushes down stairs, “appa! I’m ready” she goes to the dining table and stands in front of him, “sit and eat first” Hye Sun sits in her chair and starts eating. Half an hour went by and now they’re in the car, they go to the mall and head for a dress store. Hye Sun starts trying on different dresses till she finds one she and her dad likes. They buy it and head for a shoe store then she looks for high heals to match the dress and she finds them. They head back home and sit on the couch, “do you like them?” her dad asks while smiling. Hye Sun nods her head repeatedly and excitedly, “I love them, thank you appa” they sit in the living room for a little more then Hye Sun goes to her room, change her clothes and sleeps.

Next morning she wakes up and gets out of bed to wash herself; she then goes down stairs and sits in her chair on the dining table, “morning appa”

Dad: “morning Hye Sun” he eats some pancakes then looks at her, “you need to go to the salon and get your hair ready and your make up too”

Hye Sun nods, “are you coming with me?” her dad shakes his head, “I need to be somewhere, I’ll pick you up from here at five. Don’t forget” they finish eating and Hye Sun excuses herself to go and get ready then goes back down stairs again, “I’ll be leaving now appa, see you at five.” She goes in the car and her driver takes her to a salon, she gets her hair done along with her make up then she heads back home. She rushes to her room and puts on her dress and shoes then waits for her dad. He arrives thirty minutes later and she gets in the car, “you look beautiful” her dad smiles as Hye Sun giggles, “thanks appa” they drive to the party.  

They get to the party and Hye Sun sits next to her dad on a table filled with people she doesn’t know. Her dad introduces her and she smiles at them. They start talking then someone looks at her and suddenly spits alcohol on her face; she gasps as he apologizes, “I’m sorry I... I…” he was speechless. Her make up starts to smear on her face, “appa, I need to go to the bathroom.” Her dad looks at her and startles back a little, “oh my god what happened to you?”  She pouts, “I’ll tell you later” she gets up and searches for the bathroom, she bumps into someone, “I’m sorry sir” she looks at him and he starts laughing, “haha last time I checked this wasn’t a clown party!” she glares at him then steps on his foot and goes to the bathroom.

She washes her face and gets the makeup off then applies simple makeup on her face, she gets out of the bathroom and sees the same guy again; she ignores him and walks to her table but she doesn’t know he’s following her.

Dad: “are you okay?”

Hye Sun nods while smiling as she feels a tap on her shoulder then looks behind her and startles, “ahh! Why did you follow me?!” He blinks and scratches his head, “I don’t really know” She glares at him then tells him to go away but he pulls her up and refuses to leave, “I’m Hyun Joong, Kim Hyun Joong. You are?”

Hye Sun: “not interested” she tries to go back to her table but he gently grips her wrist.

Hyun Joong: “come on, I just want to apologize and become friends”

Hye Sun: “I don’t want to be friends with you, go away” she snatches her wrist from him then sits at the table again as a slow song comes on. Hyun Joong pulls her up and drags her to the dance floor as she huffs and tells him to let her go; he pulls her close to him and starts dancing with her, “I won’t let go until you accept my friendship Miss …. Uhmmm what’s your name?” She glares at him again, “Hye Sun, I’m Hye Sun” he smiles and keeps dancing with her, “well, it’s nice meeting you Miss Hye Sun” She looks away from him and growls a little, “nice meeting you too! Now let me go!” He grins, “Do you accept my friendship?” he looks at her still grinning, “sure, sure!” he keeps dancing with her, “give me your number then” she blinks and steps on his foot again, “no way hozay! You’re not getting my number!” he squeals from the pain and rubs his foot, “how are we going to talk to each other when you’re refusing to give me your number?! We’re friends, remember?” he gently taps her forehead as she puffs her cheeks.

Hye Sun: “fine, fine!” she gives him her number then walks away, “geesh, he’s an idiot!” she mumbles to herself. She sits at the table for the rest of the night then her and her dad go home. She changes out of her dress and into her pajamas then hops in bed as she hears a sound from her phone; she picks it up and it reads, “Hello!” she blinks, “who’s this?” then it replies, “ow! You forgot me already?! We gotta get your brain scanned!” she has a dumbfounded look on her face as she replies, “oh look, it’s the idiot again”

Hyun Joong: “idiot?! In case you don’t know, I’m the smartest person you’re ever gonna meet!”

Hye Sun: “lol, as if!”

Hyun Joong: “what’s that supposed to meannn??!”

Hye Sun: “nothing, nothing!”

Hyun Joong: “do you want to hang out some time?”

Hye Sun: “I don’t know if appa will let me”

Hyun Joong: “ask him and let me know”

Hye Sun: “okay I will”

Hyun Joong: “did you ask him yet?”

Hye Sun: “you freaking expect me to ask him at midnight?! He’s asleep!”

Hyun Joong: “okay, okay you don’t have to be so mean! ;.;”

Hye Sun: “I’ll ask him tomorrow, I’m gonna sleep now! You should too so no more brain cells die! :p”

Hyun Joong: “okay old woman! Bye!!!”

Hye Sun is fast asleep by the time the message is sent; she wakes up the next morning and checks her phone, “old woman yourself!” she huffs and waddles out of bed and gets ready.

She hears the doorbell and wonders who it is and goes down stairs then her jaw drops open, “w-what are you doing here?!” she startles as she sees Hyun Joong.

Hyun Joong: “what am I doing here?! What are you doing here???”

Hye Sun: “what’s wrong about me being in my house?”

Her dad and his dad stare at each other, then his dad starts to speak, “you two have met? Well that’s great!” Hye Sun and Hyun Joong blinks in confusion while looking at each other, Hye Sun’s dad leads them to the living room and they all sit. They start talking about business and Hyun Joong and Hye Sun are just sitting there and staring at each other.

Hyun Joong: “can Hye Sun and I please go somewhere if you guys don’t need us?”

Hyun Joong’s dad: “sure, I don’t mind. As long as Mister Koo agrees”

Hye Sun’s dad: “I don’t mind, you kids can go and have fun”

Hye Sun blinks looking at her dad because he just allowed her to go out and have fun; Hyun Joong got up then pulled her up, “let’s go!”

They go in Hyun Joong’s car and he starts driving, “where in the world are you taking me?” he looks at her and grins, “somewhere” he sticks out his tongue and keeps driving; soon they reach a mountain and he drives on it, “why are we going there?” Hyun Joong points up, “up there is the longest cave, I want to take you there” her eyes are wide open, “but I’m scared of dark places! And what if there’s a bear or bats in there?!”

Hyun Joong: “don’t worry! You have a man with you! I’ll protect you!”

Hye Sun: “we’ll see about that!”

He puffs his cheeks at her, “meanie” he keeps driving until they reach the cave, he gets out of the car and takes out a flash light then gestures her out of the car.

Hyun Joong: “come on, all we need is a flash light” he smiles

Hye Sun looks around on the floor then grabs a long, hard stick “let’s go” she nods n starts walking to the cave.

Hyun Joong blinks, “what the heck do you need that for?! I told you that you have a man with you!”

Hye Sun: “in case we see an animal in there and tries to harm us”

Hyun Joong: “there’s nothing in there!!”

Hye Sun: “shut up or I’ll hit you on the head with it! Come on!!” she drags him inside as he pouts like a baby

The cave is really dark, small noises are heard from deep inside, “it’s really dark in here” Hye Sun whispers, “I don’t know, I can’t see” he answers while looking around.

Hye Sun smacks his head, “turn on the flash light you idiot!”

He rubs his head and turns on the flash light, “I was about to!”

Hye Sun: “aha, sure you we-“ her eyes widen as she looks forward

Hyun Joong: “hey, why did you stop talking??” he looks at her then sees that she’s stuttering and looking forward then he looks in the direction she’s looking and both scream as loud as they can, “ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Run!!!” both run to the car and Hyun Joong drives down the mountain.

Hye Sun: “woah, that was a huge spider!”

Hyun Joong: “haha you should’ve seen the look on your face! You were scared out of your mind!”

Hye Sun: “me?! What about you! I didn’t know you can scream like a girl!”

Hyun Joong: “I wasn’t scared, I was just imitating you!”

Hye Sun: “yeah right! You were scared like a baby! Whaaa, whaaa, whaaa” she starts making fun of him

Hyun Joong: “I wasn’t!!” he whines and pouts; Hye Sun keeps making fun of him and both have a good time.

He then takes her to the beach and they watch the sunset together while sitting on the lid of the car trunk. Hyun Joong looks at Hye Sun then puts his arm around her shoulder, “what are you doing?” she looks at him, “t-there’s a bug on your shoulder!” he pretends to flick a bug off her shoulder and she smiles, “thank you”

They watch the sunset together then they walk for a little and Hye Sun’s hand gently grab his arm, “what are you doing?” she looks at him n blinks then pretends to fall, “I just fell and I needed something to hold on” she takes her hand away and starts walking quickly as he chuckles.

They go back to the car and Hyun Joong drops her off, “see you soon” he smiles as she opens the door and gets out, “see you soon” she waves her hand smiling as he drives off.

She goes inside the house with a big smile on her face, “looks like you had a good time” her dad says while reading a paper.

Hye Sun: “it was okay” she sits on the couch next to him

Dad: “I’m glad” he smiles, “I guess now you can hang out with friends, I’ll be easy on you”

Hye Sun jumps up and squeals happily, “thank you, thank you, thank you!” she jumps on him hugging him

Her dad chuckles and hugs her back, “you’re welcome. Now go to your room and sleep, it’s late” she nods and runs to her room, changes her clothes and hops in bed. Her phone makes a sound and she picks it up.

Hyun Joong: “hey, old woman! Are you asleep?”

Hye Sun: “old woman yourself! And no, I was about to sleep but some idiot interrupted me!”

Hyun Joong: “sorry, sorry!! I just wanted to say goodnight! So, goodnight. Sweet dreams”

Hye Sun smiled and replied, “goodnight, sleep well”

Hyun Joong: “I’ll miss you!!”

Hye Sun: “I’ll miss you too!!”

Hye Sun blushed a little then shook it off and went to sleep, so did Hyun Joong. They hung out more and more and became closer, they slowly started to fall in love with one another but each denied it until one day, they went to a concert and had a lot of fun but they also got drunk.

Hyun Joong: “you know old woman, I love you!” he giggled while he was drunk

Hye Sun: “you know, you’re a great grandma but I love you too!” she smiled idiotically but Hyun Joong leaned in and kissed her.

Hye Sun slapped him and pulled away, “hold up!” she put on some lipstick then puckered her lips, “okay I’m ready!”

Hyun Joong leaned in and kissed her again while hiding his cheeks.

The next morning, they woke up in the car then looked at each other blushing, Hyun Joong started laughing out of nowhere and Hye Sun started blinking, “hey! What’s so funny?!” he kept laughing, “the outside of your lips is filled with lipstick!” he kept laughing, “you really should work for the circus!” she smacks his head and wipes the lipstick off of her face, “oh yeah? Look at yourself in the mirror! It’s like you put a handprint on your face!” he blinks and looks at the red handprint on his cheeks then hides his cheeks.

Both starts laughing at each other and after they hung out together more and more, they started to realize that both liked each other in more than a friend’s way. Hyun Joong finally decided to make the move and ask her out.

He took her to a restaurant and put a plastic heart that says “will you please be my girlfriend old woman?” he put it inside a cupcake.

Hyun Joong: “let’s eat seafood!”

Hye Sun: “it’s fine with me, but I wanted to eat chicken but okay!”

Hyun Joong: “no wonder you’re a chicken! You should stop eating chicken every day!”

Hye Sun glares at him as he orders seafood; they eat and finish their plates.

Hyun Joong: “time for dessert, we’re getting cupcakes!”

Hye Sun: “do you really have to decide everything?!”

Hyun Joong nods with a proud smile then orders two cupcakes, the waiter brings the cupcakes and puts the one with the message in front of Hye Sun.

Hyun Joong: “eat slowly now, we don’t want you to choke” he laughs a little

Hye Sun glares at him, “worry about yourself!” she pouts and starts eating her cupcake, “ow!” she rubs her lip

Hyun Joong: “what happened?”

Hye Sun: “something poked me in the lip!” she looks at the cupcake and sees a red pointy shape then pulls it out and blinks while looking at the heart.

Hyun Joong: “does it say anything on it?” he grins a little

Hye Sun: “yes you great grandma! And I accept, but a tip. Next time you want to ask a girl out, then tell her and don’t try to stab her lip!”

Hyun Joong: “I saw it in a movie and I thought it will work!”

Hye Sun: “don’t try to imitate movies you idiot! They’re just acting!”

They argue more and more and then laugh at each other.



Hope you guys like it! For once! A happy ending xD