Bad Vibes Be Goooone

Melting Ice

A/N: I wasn't really supposed to update yet, but ALL THESE RUMORS AND GROUNDLESS SCANDAL got me fired up and I wanted to write something nice for good vibes about my beloved Jjongah couple. So forgive me if there's no coherent structure in the story, I didn't make a storyline for this chapter... I'll just go with my happy juju flow. And sorry in advance to Nana's fans and Nana-Jonghyun shippers, no room for them in here.;)

--jjongah start--

When I caught myself staring into thin air and that Mr. Hong Jong Hyun was not there anymore, I gathered myself and fixed my uniform, recalling the nervousness of the first-day and suddenly, my stomach felt like an empty pit, I was nervous. What if they don't like me? What if I'm too cheery? Or too loud? What if my laugh annoys them? All these thoughts came racing in my mind. I shook my head as if it would help to shake the thoughts away. I put on a brave face with a charming smile, I'm going in! But before I was able to take one step inside the classroom, I felt a light, respectful tap on my shoulder.

"Kim Ah Young-sshi! Are you in this class as well?" 

Omo... It was that guy who gave me the warmest feelings from earlier... what was his name, Kim... Kim... and when I tried to peek at his name tag...

"It's Kim Young Kwang. Hahaha" He said as if hearing my thoughts about forgetting his name. I apologized immediately for being poor at remembering names, it's not really my strongest suit.

"Oh it really must be my lucky day! Come, we can sit together. Maybe you'll remember my name, then." I wasn't sure if he was being sarcastic or if he was mocking me... Regardless, I was just happy I made my first friend in this school. 

"Young Kwang-oppa! How was your break? Come let's sit together!" This annoying girl was purring over Kim Young Kwang and I immediately recognized her as one of the girls who threatened me earlier today. I squinted my eyes to check what her name tag says... Im...

"You're looking good, as always, Im Nana! How was your break, stalking Jong Hyun?" YK (Young Kwang) said as he took the table at the last row beside the window, the one farthest from Nana. As if she was programmed to, Nana automatically went to the desk beside YK and was about to put her bag when YK stopped her.

"This seat is taken." Was he referring to me? "Kim Ah Young-sshi, come sit here" Oh. He was definitely referring to me. I didn't know what the right thing to do in that situation was, but given that he is the vice president of the student council, then he is the one I must not disobey, right? I sat beside him, and sensed that the girl Im Nana had something to say to me, but just then, the teacher walked in and she had no choice but to take the desk beside mine.

As soon as the teacher comes in, he calls my name. 

"I believe we have a new student in this room, Miss Kim Ah Young. Where are you? Kindly intoroduce yourself in front of the class." Mr. Lee, the teacher called.

"ahh, deh..." I said as I stood up and walked to the front of the class. "Annyeonghasseyo, my name is Kim Ah Young, my close friends call me Youngie, previous classmates call me Ah Young, and my parents, when they're mad, they call me by my whole name Kim-Ah-Young. Hmm, let me see, I transferred to this school because I'm not really that good in studying, but I hope to change that! I'll definitely change that! I like the arts more, to be honest. I like singing and dancing and most especially I like drawing..." I didn't realize I was already sharing too much info until Mr. Lee interrupted me...

"That's quite a faascinating introduction, Miss Kim Ah Young. I'm sure everyone now knows a lot about you. Class, please greet her warmly... and Young Kwang-sshi, please be her guide and tour her around the campus."

I was a little embarrassed about being carried away, but YK pacified my worries by giving me a thumbs up as I arrived in my desk. As soon as the class settled down, Mr. Lee began his lecture on Accounting and everyone started to bring out their textbooks. I, on the other hand, brought out a notebook from my bag and began drawing the morning scenery from outside to my left, where YK coincidentally sat.

As I finished my prelminary sketch, the bell rang and it signalled the end of the first period. It also means lunch time for me! 

"Where's the cafeteria, YK-sshi?" I was surprised with myself as well with how bold I asked that question when we weren't even that close.

"Come, I'll take you there, we can have lunch first before I take you around the campus." As for me, I was just really excited to know where the cafeteria was. We were walking when I noticed we stopped at room 411, it was like YK was waiting for something or someone.

"Excuse me, YK-sshi, but is this the way to cafeteria? Why are we stopping?" I asked for the sake of my grumbling stomach.

"Haha you're quite the funny one, Ah Young-ah, we're jsut waiting for my other friends, I'll introduce you to them in a while. Oh here they are. Yah, you ugly fellows! Hurry, I'm hungry" It was the three fellows from earlier, did I say fellows? I meant gods. And who is that girl who locked her arms with HJH? Is that the girl, Nana from earlier? How is she this fast and what's her relation with that ice of a man, HJH? And why should I care? I don't care.

"Hey guys, this is Kim AH Young-sshi, our homeroom teacher asked me to give her a tour around campus, I figured she could eat lunch with us." KYK was really smooth at this.

"Shiroooo. I don't want to! Oppa, tell them not bring this random girl. It will ruin your popularity" Nana told HJH with the cutest aegyo she can muster. I have to say, it could work since she's beautiful and all. But HJH seemed not to be affected by any of it, he just resumed walking and everyone else followed suit, not before he eyed from head-to-toe, that gave me the chills again.

At the cafeteria, YK was being so caring and considerate towards AY, that it made other people stare. But before they could sit down, someone approached YK and said he was being called urgently by the guidance counselor regarding the fair he was organizing to welcome the year. 

"Yah, Jong Hyun, please take my place and tour Ah Young around. I have some business to attend to."

Before HJH could respond, YK was already out of the cafeteria. 

The lunch with the guys and Nana was pretty quiet and awkward at first. Nana would always put me down and would always cling onto HJH. But then, it got comfortable as the guys began talking to me and I warmed up easily since they were very friendly. We shared quite a lot of things in common, except HJH, he would always negate whatever likes we talked about.

"The beach is so cool and refreshing!" I would say.

"I hate it when the sand gets to my feet." He would retort.

"Long walks by the shore feels like healing..." I would express.

"It's just tiring and smelly." HJH obviously didn't like that one as well.

"Spicy food are daebak!" The guys and I agreed.

"Spicy is not really a taste, it's just pain on your taste buds. It's pain." there he goes again, bursting my bubble.

Aigoo, I've had it. It's like he only made me sit with them just so he can make me leave. "Thank you for letting me join you for lunch, I think it's time for me to go." I smilingly said. Soo Hyuk and Woo Bin were against it and were making me stay, and I really enjoyed their company, but I wouldn't really like being around people *ahem*HONG JONG HYUN*ahem*who didn't want me around either. I stood up and left the cafeteria while happily waving goodbye.

"Time to explore the campus" I told myself. "Who does he think he is making me feel uneasy and always trying to negate me! Just because he's the student body president doesn't mean he's always right! What? spicy is not a taste and just pain? Ha-ha, you must be kidding me. Aigoo. Bad vibes be gooone" And i twirled as I said that, as if trying to un-cast a spell. 

uh-oh.

HONG.

JONG.

HYUN.

"Spicy really isn't a taste though." He said blankly.

"I... hahaha... how long have you been following me? hahaha did you hear?" I said in between nervous laughter. The kind of laughter that would either annoy or charm you. Unofrtunately looking at HJH and the facial expression he had on, I think it was the former.

"well, I only heard... Who does he think he is making me feel uneasy and always trying to negate me! Just because he's the student body president doesn't mean he's always right! What? spicy is not a taste and just pain? Ha-ha, you must be kidding me. Aigoo. Bad vibes be gooone... It wasn't much" He was easily able to memorize everything that I just said. Oh my. what a brain. 

"I was just, I wasn't referring to you, it was, oh... What are you doing following me anyway?" I asked him back.

"YK asked the bad vibes (pointing to himself), to give you a tour of the campus. And unless, there's another student body president in this campus, you better find a better excuse for that. Let's go." HJH walked in front of AY and started with the tour. He had his arms crossed and continued walking, stopping every now and then opening and closing rooms, you can't even call it showing me the room because he closes it even before I see what's inside! He's not even saying anything. I had no choice but to simply follow him.

"I can feel your laser beam stares on my back as if boring holes." HJH nonchalantly said.

"Well. This isn't really a tour, we're just walking around, and you're not even talking." I complained.

"I don't do talking." He said bluntly, stopping again, in front of what seemed like an auditorium. He opened it and there was a piano right in the middle of the stage. It was as if it was calling for me, urging me to play its keys, I absent-mindedly walked towards the stage and caressed the keys, sat on the stool, and started playing the fisrt song that came to my mind, a song, I'd like to hear one day being sung to me, instead of me singing like now. This time, it was HJH who followed behind.

Marry Me:

"A hundred and five is the number that come to my head, when I think of all the years I wanna be with you...

Wake up every morning with you in my bed, that's excatly what I plan to do.

And you know one of these days, when I get my money right, 

buy you everything, and show you all the finer things in life,

we'll forever be in love, 

there ain't no need to rush,

and one day, i will be able to ask you loud enough.

I'll say, 'will you marry me', I swear that I will mean it,

I'll say, 'will you marry me'..."

CLICK.

AY was dstracted by a shutter sound and looked to find HJH taking a picture of her. 

Unbeknownst to them, the shutter sound didn't come from HJH's phone, but from someone else by the door.

--jjongah end--

 

A/N: I got carried away in writing this chapter. Forgive me! :((