Welcome to MBC Academy

Melting Ice

*riiiiiiing*riiiiiing*

Ah Young snoozed her alarm clock for the nth time this morning. She stayed up all night trying to finish a landscape painting. She was sprawled across the floor with drool from threatening to fall on her piece of art. 

"Yong-ah, wake up already, or you'll be late for your first day of school! Sojin already passed by and left!!" Her mom was screaming from the first floor while cooking breakfast.

*snoooooze* still no reply from Ah Young...

That's it. Her mother went barging in to her room and started shaking her almost violently to wake her up. 

"It's your first day in your new school! Aren't you a bit excited? or even nervous? Aigoo, my daughter, what are you going to do with your life? Do you want to live like this? Sleeping and living life without meaning? It's very difficult to live in this day and age. Your father and I work so hard to raise you into a fine woman! How are you going to find a suitable man... blah... blah... blah..." 

"Ah, eomma!!! jinjja? This early in the morning, you're already giving me a lecture and I'm not even in school yet? Arasso, I'll get up" Ah Young said as she got up and looked at her watch.

7:30 AM?????

...

PANIIIIIIIIIC

And like a ninja, Ah Young was ready within minutes and was running out the house with untied shoelaces and unkempt uniform.

Passing by a black tinted car, she paused to check herself in the reflective tint. "You can do this, Kim Ah Young!" She whispered as she smiled to herself in her reflection. Unknowingly, there was a passenger looking at her from inside.

7:45 AM. "I made it..." She said while catching her breath. She was fixing her uniform, not looking ahead when she tripped and bumped into what seemed like a tall post, or rather, a human being. or a god. causing her to fall on her .

"ahh, mianhe, I wasn't looking..." Ah Young said as she laughed her weird nervous laugh.

"gwenchana" The guy said without even looking at her, and proceeded to walk. In tow, were 3 other divine beings, most probably not from this planet, and a whole army of girls swooning over the 4 guys walking ahead of them. One guy, though, stopped in his tracks and bent down to help her.

"it must be these..." He said as he started tying her shoelaces. "It's better to tie them in case you trip and fall again."

"Deh... komawo..." Was all she was able to say as she was too starstrucked with the handsome face before her.

"Yah, Kim Young Kwang, kajja, it's almost time." The guy she bumped into said while his eyes were fixed on her. Suddenly, the warmth she felt from the sweet boy in front of her was replaced by a chill in the spine, with the piercing stare she received from the guy afar.

"Well then, I'll make sure to see you around." The guy named Kim Young Kwang said, as he helped her stand up and bid goodbye.

As soon as he left, the girls in tow circled around her and threatened her,

"stay away from him or I'll make your life miserable"

"you think you're pretty just cos young kwang oppa talked to you?"

"Watch your back, you little minx!"

Seeing as there was no response from her, they backed off and continued following the elite 4.

She remained rooted in her position before Sojin called her back to reality. "Yah, Yongie, I saw what happened, are you alright? That's quite a big ruckus on your first day."

"Who- who are those beautiful creatures? What are they?" She asked, still in a daze

"The guy you bumped into is Hong Jong Hyun, student body president, really cool as ice, you rarely see any emotion from that guy. He's very dependable and smart, that's why he's the president! Quite like the perfect guy if you ask me... Oops, I'm fangirling already! The one who approached you is Kim Young Kwang, as you may have heard... he's the student body vice presdient. He's very charming and nice, the opposite of Jong Hyun, and that's why they work perfectly together! A match made in heaven! The other guy is Lee Soo Hyuk, he has the perfect facial features and a really sporty and fashionable guy, he also models from time to time. And last, is Kim Woo Bin, he's the most playful of them all, mischievous and naughty, and yet, still alluring to us, females. He's also quite the ladies' man, changing girls every now and then. Truly, God's gift to woman-kind. Together, they're known as the elite 4. Untouchables, with their unparalleled looks, charm, intelligence, and wealth. It's something you thought would only exist in dramaland, but they actually do exist here in MBC Academy. Senior year will be memorable for sure because of them. Just make sure not to get on their bad side or else... you're dead"

7:55 AM.

"ackkk, Sojin-eonni said it was near!!! Stupid me can't even follow simple directions to my homeroom. I'm almost late... room 414... 414... 414... wahh Which buiding was that again." Ah Young wasn't looking when she bumped into someone again... when she bumped into HIM again...

"Omo, mianhe, jinjja jinjja mianhe..." Ah Young apologized profusely

"Is that all you can say? You've bumped into me twice in the past 10 minutes... I should warn you not to stalk me."

"Bwooooh? Of course not! I don't even know you! Why should I stalk you?"

"So you won't admit?" Jong Hyun said as he stepped closer

"Admit what?" Ah young responded as she made one step back

"So you'd rather deny huh?" JH said as he snatched AY's ID from her chest pocket "...Kim Ah young" he said as he read the name tag in his hand.

"Next time, please wear your complete uniform, the ID is part of it, failure to comply means detention on your very first day of shool."

"Yah, you- you just touched my... how can you... and what? complete uniform? but you snatched my ID! And I'm going to be alte now, I can't deal with you, so give it back!!" She ranted as she unknowingly followed him to the direction he was going, inside the building he went in, and onto the floor he went up to. Still, he wasn't paying attention to her and continued walking, trying to make it to his 8 AM class without being late on the first day of class. 

As he halted his steps, AY bumped into him again. 

"That's the 3rd time." he said as he motioned his head into a room and offered her the ID he was holding. AY looked up.

414. It was her homeroom.

7:58 AM. Just in time.

"How did you..." before she even finished her question, he has already gone to the next room, room 411.

She's only been awake for 30 minutes, and so many things have already happened. How she wished she could just go back to sleep.