Tutor

A Smart Kid's Confession

 

         "Good afternoon, Mrs.Lee!" Jiyu sweetly greeted the older woman.

         "Well, hello Jiyu. It's nice to see you again." Mrs.Lee said, opening the door wider to let their guest in. Jiyu smiled and bowed in respect before entering the said woman's house.

         "Take a seat." the older woman offered as she sat on one of the couches herself. Jiyu nodded and quickly obeyed the older woman. Jiyu sat on the same couch as Mrs.Lee and respectfully faced her.

         "How have you been, Jiyu? It's been a while since you've visited our home." Mrs.Lee asked, throwing Jiyu a sincere smile.

         "I've been well, Mrs.Lee." Jiyu answered and started to look around the living room, "It really has been a while since i've been here. Not much have change since the last time I visited." she admitted.

         "Well then, I guess you won't have any problem feeling at home then." Mrs.Lee pointed out with a big smile, causing Jiyu to chuckle and nod in agreement.

         Mrs.Lee was Lee Jaejun's mother, or so as he likes to be called 'Maru'. Jiyu and Maru have been friends for years, and Jiyu has been frequently visiting the Lee's home throughout those years. Though for this year, Jiyu didn't get to visit as frequently because of her after school activities. Somehow, the Lees noticed Jiyu's absence and decided to invite her to dinner.

         "Dinner will be served in a while. Feel free to roam around the house if you like." Mrs.Lee said as she stood up from her seat. Jiyu smiled at the older woman in appreciation before her eyes roamed around the house, looking for a certain individual.

         “Mrs.Lee,” Jiyu called, just before Mrs.Lee could disappear into the kitchen, “Where’s Maru?” she asked when she couldn’t find the said boy anywhere.

         “Oh, Jaejun is upstairs, in his room. He said that there was a test coming up so he’s studying.” Mrs.Lee informed her. An ‘o’ formed on Jiyu’s mouth as she nodded in understanding and realization. Jiyu had forgotten that they had a test coming up.

         Jiyu wasn’t the brightest girls in her class. She was a bit slow and was too easily distracted to actually pay attention in her class. It takes time for her to actually understand a lesson. Having a test in a few days, there was no way she would be ready by that time. Jiyu was sure that she was going to fail the test, once again.

         “Why aren’t you studying for the test, Jiyu?” Mrs.Lee suddenly asked, “We could’ve had dinner at a different day to give way to your test.” She said.

         Mrs.Lee was giving her a deathly look, as if telling her that if she didn’t give a good reason, she would kick her out of the house. Jiyu racked her brain for an excuse to tell Mrs.Lee and quickly gave Mrs.Lee a smile once she thought of one.

         “I actually asked Maru to tutor me for the test. I agreed to come for dinner since I was visiting your house anyway.” Jiyu brilliantly excused. Mrs.Lee nodded, somehow buying her excuse. Before Mrs.Lee could say anything else, Jiyu stood up from her seat and dashed towards the stairs.

         “Well, I’ll go see Maru now.” She said before running up the stairs and disappearing from the older woman’s sight. On the other hand, Mrs.Lee just chuckled and shook her head at the younger girl before going to the kitchen to finish cooking dinner.

         Jiyu panted once she was at the second floor. She took a deep breath and peeked down stairs to see if Mrs.Lee was still there. When she saw that the older woman had left, she huffed and looked around the hallway. It was exactly as how she last saw it. The same picture frames were hung up and the same blue walls surrounded her. She still felt at home.

         Once she was done admiring her surroundings, Jiyu turned left and headed for a specific door. She took a deep breath before she knocked on it. She waited for a few seconds, but no one opened the door. Jiyu raised an eyebrow, surprised that the door in front of her was not opening. She knocked on the door, once again, but the door kept shut.

         Jiyu’s patience was starting to fade; she was starting to get pissed off. She knocked once again, yet the same thing happened. Jiyu huffed in irritation before she grabbed the door knob and turned it, causing the door to open.

         “Oh!” Jiyu gasped as door opened, not really expecting it to be unlocked. She stood still at her place as she looked around the room. All the books were arranged in the bookshelf, the bed was made up, and there were no toys left on the floor; the room was clean.

         Jiyu looked towards the study desk and found the man she was looking for. He was wearing a black plain t-shirt and a pair of shorts. His eyes were focused on the textbook on his desk as his hand was writing something with a pencil, showing off his well sculpted arms. A pair of headphones was placed on both of his ears, probably the reason why he didn’t hear her knock. Instantly, Jiyu’s heart beat started to fasten.

         Jiyu had accidentally fallen for her best friend, Maru, years ago. It was something she gladly hid, afraid that he might not feel the same way. Throughout the years, Jiyu just kept quiet of her feelings and fell more and more in love with Maru. It was hard at first, but she resisted confessing to him for the sake of their friendship.

         Jiyu carefully walked towards where her best friend was and placed a chair beside him. Maru was too pre-occupied with his studies, and his music, to notice his best friend sitting beside him. Jiyu sat down on the seat and carefully inched her face right next to Maru’s. When Maru didn’t budge, Jiyu whispered.

         “Maru-ya!” she said. At her words, Maru stopped writing and suddenly froze on his spot. He slowly turned his head towards Jiyu and jumped when he came face to face with his friend.

         “Ya! Jiyu! What the hell are you doing here?!” Maru yelled, as he jumped out of his seat.

         “I’m here for dinner.” Jiyu simply said, with an innocent look, as if she didn’t just frighten her friend to death.

         “I mean what are you doing in my room? You scared me! I thought you were a ghost.” He said as he glared at the girl. Jiyu just shrugged her shoulders and turned away from Maru before looking at the textbooks on his table.

         “I was bored.” She answered and flipped through the pages of the textbook, “I forgot that we had a test.” She admitted, “I only remembered when your mom said you were studying.” She said and read the notes that Maru wrote.

         “Wow, that’s a surprise.” Maru sarcastically said as he snatched his textbook and notes away, “You should probably study too. This test will be a big part of our grades.” He said and sat back on his seat but not before placing his textbooks and notes a few feet away from Jiyu.

         “But I didn’t bring my notes.” Jiyu pouted, when Maru faced his back to her.

         “Then do anything you want. Just don’t bug me.” He said and continued studying. Jiyu looked at his friend in disbelief. How could he just shrug her off like that? Well, of course, because he was studying, but she hoped he would at least offer to lend her some of his notes or something.

         Jiyu just sat on her seat and looked around the room. She thought it would be best to not bug Maru. Maru was a nice and fun kid, but he takes his studies seriously. No one could get in the way of Maru and his studying.

         A few minutes passed and Jiyu was still just sitting on her seat, bored to death. She just kept on looking around the room and checking out some of Maru’s figurines, not being able to do anything else. Maru didn’t seem to mind her not doing anything. In fact, he might’ve found it relaxing. At least she wasn’t bothering him, right?

         “I’m bored.” Jiyu whined, not being able to take the boredom.

         “Then go downstairs.” Maru suggested, not taking his eyes of his work. Jiyu pouted and shook her head. She thought about going downstairs, just like Maru said, but she remembered that she told Mrs. Lee that she was going to make Maru tutor her, and Jiyu knew that Mrs. Lee would make her help out in cooking if she went downstairs which was probably torture for her. Going downstairs was not in her options.

         At the thought of telling Mrs. Lee that Maru was going to tutor her, an idea suddenly entered Jiyu’s mind. Jiyu sat straight on her seat before poking Maru’s arm, trying to catch his attention.

         “What?” Maru asked as he finally turned around in his seat to look at Jiyu.

         “Tutor me.” Jiyu said and showed Maru a pleading face. Maru looked at Jiyu weirdly before he shook his head in disbelief.

         “What?” Maru asked, not really believing what his friend is saying.

         “I said tutor me. Teach me all about those things.” Jiyu said as she pointed to the textbook. At her words, Maru chuckled as he faced Jiyu completely.

         “Are you kidding, right now?” Maru asked, with an amused look on his face. Jiyu rolled her eyes at his friend before she shook his head. Did she look like she was kidding?

         “No, I mean it. You told me to study, right? Then tutor me!” Jiyu pointed out. Maru looked away from Jiyu and thought about it for a while before he looked again at Jiyu and shook his head.

         “No.” he said and returned his attention to his textbooks.

         “Why not?!” Jiyu asked, a bit too loudly, causing Maru to flinch at her high voice.

         “Because I’m studying.” Maru said, calmly, despite feeling impatient at his friend. At his answer, Jiyu pouted and crossed her arms on her chest.

         “I told your mom that you’re going to tutor me.” She pointed out, hoping her friend will comply. Jiyu would do anything just to have something to do. The boredom she felt a while ago was too much for her to handle.

         “Why did you tell her that?” Maru asked as he looked at Jiyu. He was a bit surprised at what Jiyu had said to his mother. It wasn’t really new for Jiyu to make up excuses, but he was still surprised.

         “She asked me why I wasn’t studying for the test.” Jiyu said, looking down.

         “Why aren’t you studying for the test?” Maru asked again. Jiyu sighed, somehow finding the conversation useless.

         “I already told you that I forgot about it!” Jiyu said, angrily. Did she really have to repeat herself over and over again? Silence surrounded them for a few seconds before a smile broke out on Maru’s lips and he started chuckling.

         Jiyu’s eyebrows met in confusion. Why was her friend so weird? One minute he’s so cold, and the other he’s laughing like a maniac.

         “What?” Jiyu asked, unable to understand why her friend was laughing.

         “Nothing.” Maru said, and quickly calmed down. On the contrary, it wasn’t nothing at all. Somehow, he found it amusing how Jiyu answered all of his questions though she had already answered them before. Being the kid he is, he simply found it amusing.

         “But I’m still not going to tutor you.” He said, his face turning serious, as he once again faced his books.

         “Why not?!” Jiyu asked again, unable to take ‘no’ for an answer.

         “Why should I teach you?” Maru asked, not really thinking about what he was saying. He just really wanted to distract Jiyu and keep her from doing something wrong.

         Jiyu got quiet as she started to think on what to answer. She had to convince Maru to tutor her and Jiyu was more than motivated in doing so.

         “Because I’m your friend.” Jiyu blurted out, hoping Maru would give in to her, but to her luck, Maru kept quiet. Jiyu took it as a sign that Maru wasn’t convinced, and started racking her brain for another reason.

         “Because I’m your friend and you don’t want to see me fail.” Jiyu said, adding depth to her recent words.

         “No. If you fail, it’s your fault.” Maru, heartlessly replied, causing Jiyu to frown.

         “Then because it’s the right thing to do!” Jiyu said.

         “Not really.”

         “Because you’re already too smart to study.”

         “I’m never too smart.”

         Jiyu kept on giving reasons on why Maru should tutor him, but Maru countered them all. She kept on saying anything that went in her head, but Maru still rejected everything she gave. She wasn’t even bored anymore. Maru, on the other hand, wasn’t studying anymore. He was too busy waiting for Jiyu’s next reason to even think about studying.

         “Ugh! Why do you reject everything I say?!” Jiyu asked, helplessly, running out of reasons.

         “You’re the one who wanted to be tutored.” Maru pointed out as he, turned to the next page of his textbook, “studying”. Jiyu took a deep breath, starting to become tired from speaking too much.

         “Then because you love me.” Jiyu said, not really thinking much of what she was saying. At her words, Maru’s eyes turned into saucers as he froze in his spot. He quickly turned around and looked at Jiyu, a bit frightened, causing Jiyu’s eyebrows to meet in confusion.

         “What did the hyungs tell you?” Maru asked, still with the same frightened look.

         “What do you mean?” Jiyu asked, not knowing why her friend was acting weird. Did she say something wrong? Jiyu thought back on what she said, but found nothing that could cause Maru to make a fuss about.

         “The hyungs told you didn’t they?” Maru asked, making Jiyu confused once again.

         “What?” Jiyu asked, really not knowing what Maru was saying. Maru and Jiyu stared at each other for a few moments, causing Jiyu’s heart beat to fasten. It was only shortly after that Maru broke their eye contact and shook his head.

         “Nothing.” He said and brought his books and notes closer to Jiyu, “Fine. I’ll teach you.” He said and fixed his books neatly on the table.

         “Really?” Jiyu said, a bit too happy. Maru chuckled at her response and nodded. The frightened boy she saw a while ago was gone now, and was replaced with this happy Maru. Though Jiyu still found his recent reaction weird.

         Jiyu stared at Maru as he fixed his things closer to Jiyu. Honsetly, she didn’t think Maru would agree in teaching her. She just bugged him for the sake of it. But seeing Maru actually willing to teach her made her heart flutter. He was fixing his things really neatly compared to the condition his things were in before Jiyu arrived. Then a sudden thought entered Jiyu’s mind.

         “Wow. You must really love me.” Jiyu mindlessly said. Maru stopped what he was doing and took a deep breath. He was decided now.

         “Actually, I don’t want to call it love yet.” He said. Before Jiyu could process what Maru had said, Maru had inched his face closer to Jiyu and their lips touched. Jiyu froze, not being able to do anything. No, she didn’t want to back away. It was a fact, and she wasn’t hiding it. She enjoyed what was happening, but she was also confused by it.

         After a few moments, Maru pulled away and gave Jiyu a shy smile as he let out and awkward chuckle.

         “But I do like you…” He said and shyly rubbed his head, “a lot.” He added, and looked at Jiyu with hope in his eyes. Jiyu just stared at him, unable to react. Inside, she was leaping in joy and jumping around. She wanted to say she liked him too and just get everything over with, but she remembered what Maru made her do a while ago, causing her to roll her eyes and buy a little time away.

         “So…?” Maru asked, as Jiyu turned away from Maru.

         “Why should I accept your confession?” Jiyu asked, copying Maru.

         “Umm….” Maru started and thought hard on what to say, “Because you like me back?” he answered, unsure. Jiyu looked at Maru with a straight face, causing Maru to turn nervous.

         “And how are you so sure about that?” she countered.

         “Then because I’m serious with my confession!” Maru said, with confidence.

         “Really?” Jiyu asked, playing hard to get. Maru was already panicking in his mind and Jiyu could clearly see it. It took all of Jiyu’s might just for her not to laugh at Maru, though Maru’s current state did make her heart beat uncontrollably.

         “Ugh… Then because I’m a good match for you?” he said. At that moment, Jiyu just wanted to burst into laughter. She could see that Maru was trying really hard, just like her a few moments ago. Jiyu didn’t want to bully Maru any longer.

         “Fine. I accept your confession.” Jiyu said in the coldest way she can. Maru looked up at Jiyu in surprise, but still with a smile on his face.

         “Really?” Maru asked as he gripped on Jiyu’s shoulders in excitement and made her face him. His face was full of happiness and Jiyu couldn’t help but copy his expression.

         “Really.” Jiyu confirmed it for him, and Maru jumped on his seat in joy.

         “Yes!” he exclaimed and did a comical dance, making Jiyu laugh uncontrollably. Jiyu didn’t feel bored or anything negative anymore. She even forgot that she had a test coming up. All that she could feel was happiness.

         “The hyungs thought I couldn’t do it, but I did! I confessed!” Maru rejoiced, causing Jiyu to laugh more.

         After a few moments, Maru calmed down and sat back on his seat while Jiyu was still chuckling but calmer this time.

         “If I didn’t bug you, you wouldn’t confess.” Jiyu pointed out, trying to bully him.

         “But still, I confessed!” Maru said in delight, causing Jiyu to chuckle once again, “Now stop laughing! We have a test to study for.” He said, making Jiyu stop laughing. Jiyu’s ‘full of happiness’ feeling was now gone. Why did Maru have to remind her about the test?

         “We have to study. I can’t let my girlfriend fail the test.” He added. And just like that, Jiyu’s smile re her face. Her heart was beating uncontrollably fast again, and it was all because of the man in front of him. Jiyu looked at Maru and gave her a teasing smile.

         “You’re so smart!”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Author's Note:

Yaaay! I finally got to post Maru's! I was about to post this the other day, but my internet acted all ty probably because the Philippines is limiting the internet connections and cell phone connections for the Pope's visit. I actually planned to make this a noona-dongsaeng one shot but... I got stuck x_x Oh and I was also inspired since whenever they would show C-Clown's dorm, you would always find Maru "studying" lol This was actually supposed to be another man's oneshot *ehem*seokangjun*ehem* but I decided against it lol But... I know that Maru has a lot of noona fans so... dudun!!! I'm gonna make another one shot for Maru :3 A Noona-dongsaeng one! After I make Kangjun's at least :)

Oh, and I might be able to see C-Clown soon... Cuz i'm friends with this korean guy who actually brings kpop groups here in the Philippines and i've been really asking for him to bring C-Clown here since... 2012, and lucky lucky mee~ He's actually in contact with Yedang right now, and if ever, i'll be one of the event organizers soooo... i'll be able to see them up close :D I'm not sure when but... it will be soon ;) Any Filipino Crowns out there? Mag ipon na kayo! 

Last oneshot will be Kangjun's! I'm almost done with the confession one shot collection! But, i'll be writing a full story featuring C-Clown after I finish this collection. Please vote below on what type of story I should do.

 

Fun fact: This one shot has 3135 words! It's kind of short x_x