Three

Mere Misfit

 

September 29, 2012

Country Manor, Green House in London

 

 

"Donghae?"

 

The brunet looked up from the orchid he's watering and saw his brother entering the green house. With a smile, he placed down the sprayer and removed his apron before walking forwards to where his brother placed a plate of sandwiches and a cup of tea.

 

"That looks lovely, hyung. Thank you."

 

"You're welcome. We wouldn't want your little monster to feel hungry and wrestle with your insides now, wouldn't we?" came a fond comment as Donghwa poured green tea on the brunet's tea cup. As if hearing the comment, Donghae felt a light kick on his side and he winced, before letting out a chuckle.

 

"I think the little monster heard you, hyung."

 

They shared a few minutes of silence, letting the warm light of the green house wrap them, the fragrance of the flowers and earth dominating their senses and the chirping of the birds outside their only music. It was peaceful, and serene.

 

"The garden looks lovely, by the way."

 

Donghae smiled in his cup. "Thank you. The orchids were a bit of a challenge though, since I can't really spray fertilizers cause it could harm the baby. But I am just glad they're growing so well," he said, as he rubbed his tummy unconsciously with the slight radiant smile on his face. Donghwa watched his brother for a few seconds, a smile also coming up on his face as he realized that yes;

 

Dongae would be a good father.

 

May 15, 2004

10:23 A.M.

 

"My mom's asking me to babysit my aunt's baby. Do you want to go?"

 

There was a bright glow in the brunet's eyes as he gave an excited nod and yanked the other's arm to the direction of his own house. Hyukjae lets out a chuckle, looking forward and just gazing at the happy bright face of Donghae.

 

Hyukjae always knew just how Donghae adored kids.

 

May 15, 2004

1:28 P.M.

 

It was a tad bit difficult to hide the loving gaze Donghae was sure is showing on his face as Hyukjae tried to talk some sense into Min Jung, the baby they were taking care of. The house was at their disposal, but the once prestine home transformed into a battle field. Who would have thought that a tiny bundle of kid would cause such a ruckus? Pillows are scattered everywhere to cushion the child whenever she go to prevent any accidents; her toys also litter the coffee table and floor since she gets this bipolar attitude of wanting to play with one and they play with the next; her baby bag was also open with he clean diapers and baby formula are placed. And Donghae volunteered to make her milk a few minutes ago, and those few minutes at the kitchen she heard squeals of laughter from the child, an exasperated howl from Hyukjae before it ended with silence. And that got the brunet curious as to what happened.

 

Then he saw.

 

Min Jung was sitting with her chubby legs as her cushion, her big bright eyes looking straight into the young adult infront of him. Hyukjae, also sitting on his legs on the floor, is making wide gestures with his arms as she tried to explain the dangers the child is prone to if she kept on jumping on the sofa.

 

"...then you'll hit your head somewhere with a boom!, and a big painful bump would form on your pretty head and then you'll cry because it hurts and..." his words are accompanied with his baby voice which was halted when Min Jung decided that he was being silly and jumped on him instead, wrapping her chubby fingers on the blonde's hair and tugging happily. "Ow! Min Jung--- that hurts. Stop it you little..."

 

"No swearing, Hyukjae," Donghae reprimanded with a fond smile as he already made his presence known. Min Jung looked at him and when he showed the bottle of milk, the child happily trodded towards the other teen and lifted her arms; asking to be carried. Of course, Donghae did and settled her in his arms before uncapping the bottle and letting the child have it. As Min Jung finally settled, her eyelids dropping, and Donghae lightly humming to cast the child asleep, Hyukjae sat down quietly beside the brunet, watching as the little monster take her rest.

 

"I can't understand how you do that..." Hyukjae whispered, raising a hand to lightly rub Min Jung's tummy with his fore finger.

 

"What?"

 

"Make her just...still. You've always beensuch a charmer to kids. I'm sure you'd be a great dad in the future."

 

"You really think so?"

 

Hyukjae looked up and gave his toothy smile. "No doubt."

 

September 30, 2012

Country Manor, London

9:42 A.M.

 

"But Hyung, I'm..."

 

"No problem, Donghae. I know someone from the hospital who's quite knowledgeable about male pregnancies. Though this doctor is still new, I'm sure this one could meet your needs without making you feel uncomfortable. Besides, your check-ups would be done in the manor. One of the guest rooms have already been installed to be your ultrasound room, you'll also deliver there. You said you didn't want to give birth in the hospital, and since the manor is pretty far from the city, why not have your own private clinic? The doctor would be with you atleast twice a week, then thrice when you near  your labor," the older explained, all the while guiding the pregnant man towards the stair as to where the private quarters are.

 

"That's... you don't have to go that far, hyung."

 

Donghwa smiled as they paused infront of the wooden door. "I told you I'd be here for you from now on, didn't I?" Then he turned the knob and opened the door.

 

 

The room was lovely, of course. Fully equiped with the gadgets needed in a hospital. But what made Donghae pause was the man standing beside the bed, holding a chart and checking the papers. When the door opened, he looked up and gave a smile.

 

 

"Doctor Song, this is my brother Lee DongHae. Donghae, this is Doctor Song Joong Ki. He'd be your private physician from now on."

 

March 11, 2012

Lee HyukJae's House

9:20 A.M.

 

Donghae was preparing breakfast.

 

It would totally look like any ordinary day... except for the love bites still littering the brunet's neck, and the blush that's ever present on his cheeks. It's been two days since that night. The morning after, Donghae panicked that he exited the room, gathering and wearing his clothes before rushing out the house. He also did not bother contacting Hyukjae, and it was a blessing that his grandparents' anniversary and him and his mom had to go to the country side for two days. Those two days helped the brunet to clear his thoughts, and just talk to Hyukjae regarding what happened between them. It was still constantly in his head; those noises they made, the grunts, and s...

 

He ducked his head as blushed harder and flipped the bacon.

 

That was when he heard the sound of footsteps from the stairs, and he was once again, blushing so hard it would look like he had fever. Of course, this would be the time Hyukjae came into the kitche, grunting and nursing his head before slumping down the chair, letting his head rest on the cold tiles.

 

"Ugh, my head."

 

Donghae stayed silent. Opting not to speak because he doesn't really know how this kind of things work. How would you open up a conversation with someone you had with? No, scratch that. How would you open a cenversation after having with your best friend? There is simply no guide for such encounters, because if there is one, Donghae would really appreciate and would have probably read it by now. But unfortunately, there is none (He knows. He searched the internet).

 

"How was the country side?"

 

"It was fine. Made me think clearly and... Hyukjae, I have to tell you something," he finally caved in, nervousness present in his voice but he has to do this now, or else he'll just back out again.

 

"Actually, I have something to tell too," the other replied, not meeting Donghae's eyes and...was Hyukjae blushing? The sight warmed the brunet's heart, a lovely sigh softly escaping his lips as he let relaxation and hope take over him and smiled. 

 

"You go first. What is it?"

 

Then Hyukjae looked up, eyes sparkling and so happy as he said...

 

"What?" Donghae interrupted. 

 

"Hae, I said... I'm no longer a . I--- I had with Hyoyeon. Last night actually," Hyukjae informed him, with that same glazed eyes, looking so happy and content and just...

 

"I'm sorry, I... I have to go," the brunet hurried, grabbing his bag and walking out the kitchen.

 

"Oh. What were you about to tell me?" Hyukjae shouted at him.

 

The brunet paused from the entrance door, and looked back, "I just wanted to tell you I missed you. From the two days I was gone," he muttered, but he was sure the other heard as he watched Hyukjae smiled softly at him and replied with a, "I missed you too."

 

And then he got out.

 

He ran, and ran...unconscious of the tears silently running down his face as he followed the path of the forest. The same path he and Hyukjae found when they were kids. The path leading to that abandoned tree house they found in one of their treasure hunting expiditions when they were 10 years old.

 

 

 

Once he reached the delapidated tree house, he stopped, heaving air as his eyes are blurry from the tears, nose clogged with snot. He let his hand rest on the tree, letting it's rough bark scratch his palm as he tried to even out his breathing. Just as he was about to control it, however, he quickly turned to the side as the remnants of his breakfast spilled out and he vomited.

 

"Oh god," he murmured, his other hand clutching at his stomach. "Oh. no. please, no..." 

 

You're special, darling. You are given a blessing to bear a child, you know. Not every male can do that. So you have to be careful, make sure to not have any ual relations with just anyone. Especially without protection. I know this all seems embarassing for you, but I feel like you have to be aware. Okay, love? 

 

Yes, mom.

 

"No...No, no..."