Letter 1 : The Bright Sky

10 [Released on 10/10/10 , 10:10 am KST]

chocolategummi : aww, thanks so much!
forgotten dreams : thanks for liking the prologue. here's the first letter :)
saorichi : thanks so much for liking the prologue ^^. um.. my first language is Malay. english is my second language~ mian if the way i write confused you T__T
lia unnie : ure here too! thank u so much :) and yes, minho got the best lover in the world :)
starlee : neh, i started a new fic :) here's the first letter ^^
the girl : thanks for being my 11th subscriber, hehe
night97 : keep on reading this fic and u'll know ^^
commandercody : here's the first letter!
euphilia : thanks for reading ^^! here's the first letter :)

 

 


** ANNOUNCEMENT
I saw a few readers asked if this is the korean version of 'p/s i love you'. The answer is 'no'. As lame as I may sound, I never read that book, and I never watch the movie. If you find anything in my fic that is similar to the book / movie, it's all mere coincidences. Thanks smile.gif





*** Minho's letter will always be italic. The memories are told from the third person's POV. It's not from Minho's, and it's not from Taemin's, unless stated so. Feel free to ask in your comment if you're confused.


The Bright Sky

I am in my room right now. It looks a bit messy. My paperwork is everywhere, no wonder I take a long time to go to work every morning. I should be more organized, like you always told me. Guess where are my shoes right now?

"On your bed," Taemin muttered to himself as he read the first letter, and Minho's next line makes him smile.

You're right. They're on my bed! No one knows me better than you, Taem.

"How could anyone know you more than I do, hyung? I'm your other half," Taemin said as he keeps on reading.

This is a very bad habit, throwing shoes on the bed. Minseok hyung once said nobody will want to be my wife, knowing they will be sharing a bed with someone who throws his shoes on the very same bed every time he came back from work.

"You don't need a wife," Taemin pouts.

But Minseok hyung didn’t know about us yet at that time.

"No wonder,"

Why would I need a wife when I have you, Taem. I never lie when I said I love you. With all my heart. I need to buy a new 'heart disk' since my current heart is so full of you. Though I am more then sure you will flood my new heart disk, too.

"You're trying so hard to be funny, hyung. But thanks for cheering me up," and Taemin's pale lips form a smile.

I will try to fix this bad habit of mine. I don’t want my dear Taemin to sleep on the bed where I put my shoes on.

"Good decision, hyung,"

It's almost 2 in the afternoon. I like weekends so much. If not I will still be in my office at this time. You know how I love to sit near the window and check out the sky, right? I'm doing that right now.

"You were sitting near the window in your class back then, too," Taemin muttered slowly, remembering how he would walk to Minho's class to check on him back then when they were still in school.

The sky is bright. It's like .. the same sky I saw on that day.

"That.. day?"

And Taemin wondered what day Minho is talking about. He decided not to guess and proceeded reading the letter.

** 2010. Somewhere around July

The boy is walking alone to his school. It took him a few minutes before he enters his school. He fixed his school uniform a bit, and took out a mirror to check on his blond hair.

"I look good as usual," Jonghyun said to himself as he keeps the mirror back in his sling bag. He was on his way to his class when somebody shouts for him.

"Yeobo!!"

He turns back and there, he found his best friend, Key.

"Stop calling me 'yeobo', Key-ah~" he said as he waves.

"I'm just joking," Key replied, pouting as he walks side by side with Jonghyun.

"People might think we're not straight," Jonghyun said, chuckling at the same time.

"Good, then. I don’t have to share my best friend with your future girlfriend," Key replied, chuckling too. But inside, he really means it. Not that Jonghyun knows Key is loving him more than a friend.

As they two walk, almost all pair of eyes are on them, especially girls'. Jonghyun and Key are popular. Both of them are very good looking. Jonghyun is very attractive with his blond hair, and Key's with his 'Cleopatra' hairstyle but better, with a few red and purple lines on his bangs.

Those who are jealous of them (you know, boys?) will be arguing why the school allowed them both to dye their hair which is obviously against the school rules.

Those who understand will know how many medals the two gained for the school. They won various quizzes together as those two are geniuses, and they grabbed all the champion titles in all singing contests they joined together. The famous duo with good looks make the school popular, why wouldn’t the school gave them exceptions to colour their hair and make them look even more better than they already are?

Those who adore them (especially girls) will sometimes whisper to each other while giggling, trying to look pretty everyday hoping for Key and Jonghyun to ask them out.

Those who extremely adore them (to the point where they can be called 'fangirls') will do nothing but squeal at the mention of their names, waving placards, giving them candies and cakes.

The life of the two good looking students can't get any better.

"Jonghyun-shi, Key-shi!" a few students run to them looking excited.

"If you're waiting for today's school news, please wait for at least two hours," Key replied.

"Yeah. It's not even 8am yet," Jonghyun said as he smiles.

Those two are also known as 'the school hosts'. Nobody remember when or why, but suddenly the two know everything happening in their school. The corruption in any clubs, the teacher who secretly dates his students, those who broke the school rules and are hiding it, even if the principal is smoking, the two will definitely announce the news.

"See you guys later," Jonghyun said, waving his hand to the crowd and enters his class with Key.

"I hope we can find shocking news to reveal to the school today," Key said as he took his seat.

"We will, don’t worry. We have lots of students who are helping us find the school's secrets," Jonghyun replied as he sits in front of Key.

"Yeah. Though I think most of the girls are helping us just because they want us to recognize them..?"

Jonghyun and Key are both 19. They are both supposed to be in a college, so you guys must be wondering what are they doing in the school?

The school and the college are under the same management, and are located next to each other in one big area. Their 'news' covers everything in both school and college. Those who have done wrong doings are definitely scared of Jonghyun and Key.

"Jjong, look at him," Key suddenly said, pointing his finger to a figure not very far from their class.

"Ah, it's him,"

"What is his name again?"

"Um.. Lee Minho if I'm not mistaken,"

"I think it’s CHOI Minho," Key replied, stressing on 'Choi'.

"Ah, yes. Choi Minho," Jonghyun confirmed.

"I heard about him. Poor him he had to come late to this college," Key said.

"Do you think he is jealous of us for entering the college first?" Jonghyun asked.

"Maybe," Key replied.

As for the tall boy who is looking at the college from afar almost every day, all he thinks is to enter the college as soon as possible. The third intake is in the next two months. He hopes he can make it.

***

 

No, I am never jealous of Jonghyun and Key. I don't even know them at that time.

Taemin smiles when he remembers how those two were boasting Choi Minho was jealous of them.

 

 

 

****

 

 



"I always thought how my life will be like when I enter college,"

Minho turns to his right when suddenly he heard a voice. There, he saw the school's precious 'flower boy', whom he can't remember his name though the two famous hosts sometimes make a 'broadcast' on him.

"Y-yeah, me too," Minho replied. This is the first time this boy talked to him. He didn't even realize when he stood there beside him.

"That is my class," the pretty boy said, pointing his finger to the nearest building.

"I notice you're always here, watching the college. I thought you must be so eager to get in," the boy said again.

"I'm supposed to be there by now," Minho said, his eyes are now on the college again.

"What.. do you mean?" the boy asked.

"I'm 19," Minho replied.

"Um.. sorry for asking, but.. why are you still in the school if you're 19?" the boy asked. Minho noticed how adorable this boy is, blinking his eyes while asking.

"I got into a car accident last year," Minho started. He was about to tell the boy that he took a long vacation due to some serious injuries he got from the accident, therefore he didn’t get to finish his school on time like the rest when the boy cut in.

"Oh, so you're Choi Minho?!"

"Neh," Minho nods his head. People are still talking about him, he guessed.

"I heard about you, hyung! You're in the special class, waiting for the college enrollment test next two months, right??!" the boy asked and he looks excited.

"Yes," Minho replied, and he couldn’t help but to smile upon seeing that the flower boy is actually like a kid inside, getting excited on small things.

"You will pass the test, hyung! No worries! I will cheer for you!" the boy said again.

"Thanks," Minho replied. He feels bad for not knowing the boy's name.


Believe me, I tried really hard to remember your name at that time..

"We better go back to our class now, hyung," the boy said, and Minho nods his head.

Before he left, he gave the college another look. He really wants to be there.

The boy saw this, and he suddenly lifts his weight from the ground and wrapped both of his arms around Minho's neck, causing the taller boy to blush.

The boy gave him a very pretty smile right after he let go of Minho. Minho then realizes he just met the prettiest being ever in his life. Everything about this boy in front of his is too beautiful to be true, his heart beats faster than ever.

"I will support you hyung. Let's be friends,"

The school's most popular pretty boy is offering him friendship.

"You already know my name," Minho replied, shaking the boy's hand.

"Lee Taemin," the boy replied with a smile.


And that was the most memorable day ever, Taem. I got to know the prettiest angel ever born. You know when people sometimes jokes about a very pretty person being born?

"It was raining heavily on the day he was born, because all the angels are crying they have to give up their prettiest angel to the human world."

Have you ever heard that saying? On the contrary, the sky is very bright the day we met. The angels are not crying. Why should they? They know better I will take care of their precious angel better than them, so they are all happy. That explains the bright sky. Like today. I'm so glad you offered me your friendship, Taemin.


Taemin folded the first letter and put it back inside the wooden box carefully. He holds Minho's hand on his chest, closing his eyes as he remembers the first day they met. Indeed, the sky was bright on that day. He still remembers how lonely Minho's eyes were at that time, that's why he decided to go and talk to him. He is glad he did.

The sky was bright on the day Minho wrote the first letter, too.

Taemin opens his eyes slowly, turning to his right side.

There, he found the only window in the room located at the end of the row in the hospital. He can see the sunshine coming into the room through the glass, brightening the room darkened by Taemin's sorrow and loneliness.

Taemin stood up and leaned down a bit. He gives Minho a kiss on his forehead. He misses him so much, especially after he read the first letter.

Holding his tears in as hard as he can, he fakes a smile. He never wants Minho to see him sad.

"Hyung, the sky is bright today. Just like the first day we met.."

To be continued..



 


Letter 2 : Preview

"Why is your mobile phone not on silent mode!?" Jonghyun asked when he heard Key's phone beeped, marking the incoming of a new message.

Key ignored Jonghyun, opening the new message, hoping for it to be the next hot issue for him and Jonghyun to 'broadcast'. His eyes widened upon seeing the content of the message.

"What?" Jonghyun asked.

"I just received a new hot topic," Key replied, smiling.

"What is it?"

"How does this sound? The school's prince, Lee Taemin has finally fallen in love!"






Rambles
No, please do not think I stopped writing or I'm dead XD. I have TOO many works since the past three weeks I don't have any other choice but to be on a hiatus until I'm done with everything. I'm so sorry for not updating all of my fics for three weeks already. *bows to all readers*

Everybody is asking what will be in Minho's letter. Like I mentioned on the poster, Minho will be sharing his priceless moments with Taemin, starting with the day they met in the first letter. I'm sorry if the chapter is quite.. short . Anyway, Jonghyun and Key debuted! Both of them are 19, and their role is to lessen the dark and angst mood of this fic, keke.

Tell me what you think of this chapter, ne ^^. Thanks for reading. I will work on 'Please. With Love.' tomorrow~

Till the next letter,
Pynkfaery