FINALE 02 : Not Enough.

10 [Released on 10/10/10 , 10:10 am KST]

 

 

Can I ask everybody to put on SHINee's Kiss Kiss Kiss on repeat while reading this chapter ^-^?

I'm not forcing, though <3 [this is the link to the mp3, if you don't have it ^-^]

 
 
@INAshineeaddict : aww.. don't cry.. -hugs-
@Night97 : thank you for loving me and this story XD -hugs-
@dhitaredhita : aww.. i'm so sorry for making u cried out loud.. -hugs- and yes, there are only two endings for their love. live together, or die together. hope you'll like the second version of the ending :)
@babyyspider : here's the alternative ending :)
@mintzey : yes, at least 2min are together ^^
@mistral : i am so sorry for making u disappointed with the ending, i truly am. as for the poll, i already said that the ending is fixed, i just want to know what the readers really want. and for the angst tag, it is my fault i didn't use it.. plus, i also hesitate to use it because of the alternative ending. well, thank u for reading and commenting ^-^ i'm sorry again!
@just2min : thank u so much for love the first version. hope u'll like the alternative ending too :)
@Jheiihyun07 : thank u for loving me and the story ^^! -hugs-
@minnie124 : aww.. sorry i made u cried.. -hugs-
@bioneuron : -hugs- i am so sorry i made u cried. unnie >< and thank u for saying the ending is beautiful :) i hope u will like the 2nd version too :)
@SanaKyu : you made me happy with ur encouraging comment. thank u for loving the first version :)
@Asian_Invasion : Aww.. yes the first version was sad. I hope u'll like the second version :)
@Nurarara : Thank u so much for loving the first version! -hugs-
@Naeyan : u know what taemin intended to do since the beginning? -claps- and thank u for loving the first version, and thank u for ur encouraging comment! -hugs-
@sjshineemee : thank u .. :)
@xeroxiff : Thank u for saying this is one of the best stories you ever read. I really appreciate it :)
@sherylsbling : aww.. don't cry.. -hugs- I'll work on my next 2min fic, Bloody Symphony after this ^^
@kimeki95 : thank u for saying 10 is the best fic you've ever read :) -hugs-
@double_uenim : u want the second version to be the sweetest ever? read on, keke.
@euphilia : yes, minho could hear him the whole time. and don't cry.. -wipes ur tears- :)
@anisSW : thank u for saying 10 is the most epic 2min in aff, i really2 appreciate it :) -hugs u tight!- i hope this second ending wont make you cried ^^
@2min_Shipper : aww, thank u so much for liking this fic!
@lia unnie : thank for giving me A++++++++ for this fic ^^, I know this is your favourite fic and i am really lucky to have u as one of my readers, unnie! I hope u will like the alternative ending too :)
@ain : komawo for saying the ending is crazily beautiful :) i really2 appreciate it ^^ -hugs-
@tim unnie : i will make u stop crying, no worries :) i hope the alternative ending will make you smile <3 thank u for the comment!
@era : thank u for the standing ovation ^^ -hugs- and thank u for the praises and everything ne :)
@piqa : i really appreciate your morelikeareview comment XD! i really2 appreciate it, believe me. and thank u so much for your support T___T I am really thankful. Write more angst fic XD? Nuuu~ I believe 10 will be my first and last angst fic. it hurts to write sad ending, seriously.. esp for my own otp ><~
@kyuholic_loverholic : finale 02 is here :) i hope u'll like it ^-^
@caline : thank you <3 ^-^
@roomie : awww, sorry i made u cried >< -hugs- i hope the alternative finale will make you smile :) 
@taejumble : aww.. -wipes ur tears- sorry the first ending made u cried.. i hope the alternative finale will make u happy :)
@shining_jime : awww.. -hugs u!- thank for liking this fic, i really2 appreciate ur encouraging comment!
 
 
 

Finale 02 :

Never Enough



 

10 October, 2021


It's 6 in the morning.

Taemin is in the bathroom, washing his face. He looks into his reflection in the mirror and he saw a fresh looking guy. No more eyebags under his eyes, he is clean shaved, he doesn't look pale or tired too.

Much better compared to a year ago since he read the tenth letter.

He turns to the calendar on his wall.

Today's date is circled with red ink.

"It has been a year," he muttered to himself.

He glances at the clock on the wall. He has enough time, so he doesn't have to rush.

Just having a baby blue towel wrapped around his waists, Taemin fixed his bedsheet, put everything back to their original places and opens the windows. He likes everything to be neat and proper, one thing that Minho really likes about him.

"You'll make a good housewife," Minho joked, once.

"But I'm not good in cooking~" Taemin responded.

"I love your pancakes. I can have your pancakes forever," Minho chuckles.

Taemin smiles as he remembers those. Minho is a good cook himself, so he said it's okay if Taemin can't cook. He'll be the chef.

His mobile phone suddenly rings. Taemin picks up the call when he saw the name appeared on the screen.

"Taemin, I'll be there in 30 minutes. Be ready, okay?" Key said on the phone.

"Okay, hyung,"

As much as both of them want to talk a bit more on the event today, they decided to just end the call for now. The talking can be done later in the car.

Taemin took out his toner, uncapped the bottle and apply it to a cotton pad before he slightly pats it all over his face and neck. He then continues by applying moisturizer with sunscreen that Key suggested last month on his face.

Taemin has enough experiences as an idol before; he can always put on his own makeup. Having a natural beauty is an advantage, he don’t have to put on too much. He dipped the tip of his powder brush in his face powder and dusts it lightly over his forehead and face. He applied a little more pressure when he goes over his upper cheekbones, for definition.

Taemin quickly put on the tuxedo he chose last month. It's ivory in colour, with the best material in the town, and the colour suits his milky-skin tone. He fixed his brunette hair a bit, and applied a neutral-coloured lip balm on his already soft lips and smiles in front of the mirror.

"I'm ready," he muttered. He put on his shining, black shoes and steps down the stairs and Key arrived just in time, so he jumps into the car after he locks his door.

"You know that you're not alone, right?" Key suddenly said as he drives, his eyes are fixed to the direction they're heading, but his attention is splitted, another half is for Taemin.

"Neh hyung. You and Jonghyun hyung are my family," Taemin nodded his head, smiling as honest as ever.

He doesn’t remember when his mother finally left him for real back then for a man. He was still in the university at that time. He is not surprised at all, since he always knows his mother hates him to the core.

Taemin never heard of his mother since then. And her absence doesn’t make any difference in his life too, except that all the curses that hurts him since forever were gone together with that woman.

But usually, on events like the one they're heading to today, it will be much more fun to celebrate it with family.

"Of course we are your family," Key said as he gave Taemin a slight hug by squeezing his shoulder a bit. He thought of ruffling Taemin's hair like he usually did, but Taemin looks amazing with his hairstyle this morning, Key doesn’t want to ruit it.

Taemin feels at ease. Key and Jonghyun are the best family members he ever had. Not that he has that many to begin with. But being with them, Taemin feels like heaven. They accept him, and never utter any words to hurt him, showered him with love too.

Things that he never get from his real parents.

"We're here!" Key said as he parked his car. Taemin suddenly becomes so nervous, all his mucles stiffened.

Key noticed that gives him a pat on his back.

"Everything will be okay," he said, and his smile makes Taemin feels better.

"Komawo, hyung," he thanked Key and both of them steps out of the car. Taemin fixed his tuxedo a bit and walks side by side with Key. Key squeezed his shoulder a bit, giving his 'son' the strength he needed to go through this.

As soon as they stepped into the building, Taemin's heart beats twice as faster. There are around 30 to 40 people waiting, all eyes are now on him. And in the middle, he saw Jonghyun, smiling charmingly at him. He wore a dark grey suit, and looks really good in it.

Taemin smiles back at Jonghyun, and turns his gaze to the guy standing next to Jonghyun.

 

***


8 months ago

Taemin was sitting besides Minho's bed, spending his times watching him as usual.

"You look so handsome, hyung," he suddenly muttered, smiling at the same time. Every single day, since the first day Minho was bedridden, Taemin had been talking to him and later when he realizes Minho can't respond to him in any way, he'll stop and just spends his times staring at him.

For hours.

Every single day since then.

The next day, even though he knows Minho still can't respond to him, he'll talk to him again.

Because deep inside, he knows Minho will wake up one day.

"You will wake up one day, hyung," he muttered as he smiles. He then, stood up on his two feet and leans over to kiss Minho's forehead.

"I know you will, that's why I won't do as you said," he said, closing his eyes as he remembers the plea Minho made in his ninth letter.

"I love you. I love my parents. I love my hyung. I love everyone, everything I have, Taemin. But I can never imagine if I were to be bedridden like Minseok hyung. I am used to move everywhere, to do things on my own, with my own hands. I don't even want to know what it feels like to be paralysed. It will hurt my pride and dignity to live like that. No one knows what will happen in the future, right, Tae? But if one day I’ll be bedridden. If one day my body is paralysed. If one day my brain is confirmed to dysfunction. If one day I am no different from a dead man except that I am still breathing.. I'm begging you to promise me you will never let me suffer those. Even if it means you'll have to end my life."

Taemin holds Minho's hands in his.

"Hyung, a few months before the accident, all I did were making you said and disappointed. Everything I did hurts you to the core, I know. I know.." he said as he close his eyes, tightened his fingers on Minho's hands.

"And now I will hurt you again for the last time. I will disappoint you again, for the last time. This is the last time, hyung, I promise.." he said, tears started to wet his cheeks. He feels so guilty since it is very hard for him to do things right.

"But still.. your last request.. the one you asked me to promise you.. I won't do it.." he mutters, and Minho's fingers are now wet with Taemin's tears.

"I understand your suffer, I know you are hurt deep inside. But if you're not strong enough, please know that I can be strong for you. You are not alone hyung, you are not.."

Taemin wipes his tears. All this while he had been hiding his tears from Minho. He had been faking thousands of smiles in front of this guy, and today, somehow he failed to do so.

Minho's request sounds so impossible.

"Please bear with me for a little more.." Taemin said, more like requesting. He feels so selfish, knowing how much he had burdened and hurt this guy since forever, and now even when he's bedridden, Taemin is still asking for his understanding.

Taemin placed Minho's palm on his cheek, knowing Minho will do it if he is not bedridden. Taemin's tears is Minho's weakness. He'll do anything to make those drops disappear from Taemin's face.

Even when he was sick back then in the university's dorm, he climbed the stairs to Taemin's room when he heard the boy cried on phone after getting cursed by his good-for-nothing mother.

Even when he was stuck in a traffic jam when he just started working as a lawyer, he dashed to Taemin's suite to calm him down before his first concert ever.

Even when he knows Taemin is mad at him, and the only person at that time who are able to make Taemin smiles was Jinki, he still appeared in front of him and wipes his tears away.

Minho will do anything to make those drops disappear from Taemin's face, even when it is almost five months since he last moves any of his muscles; he knows he has to wipes those tears off Taemin's cheeks.

That was when Taemin suddenly feels a small grip on his finger.

Taemin's heart skipped a bit the moment he feels it, slowly turning his gaze to Minho's face.

He saw nothing unusual. When he was about to decide that he might imagine things because he misses Minho too much, Minho gave his fingers another weak grip, and Taemin quickly screamed for Jinki.

"Jinki hyung!" he screamed again and again as he took out his mobile phone to dial the doctor's number. His brain is overwork, and the whole him is flooded with happiness, nervousness and he is also scared at the same time, his attention seems to split, he doesn’t know why he is calling for Jinki on phone and shouting for his name at the same time.

Taemin was happy because it is the first time Minho moves since the accident. He was nervous if no one will believe him, and he was scared if that what he encountered just now will be the first and the last time Minho will respond to him.

Within seconds, a few medical attendants and nurses came into the room, followed by Jinki in his long white coat.

Taemin was no longer scared and nervous after Jinki confirmed Minho gave a respond to him too.

God had finally answered Taemin's prayers.




 

***


Taemin smiles back at Jonghyun, and turns his gaze to the guy standing next to Jonghyun.

Choi Minho.

He always looks good, Taemin knows that, but today he looks awesomely handsome in the ivory tuxedo. The same pair with the one Taemin is wearing.

After Minho woke up last eight months, he had undergone various theraphy before he is fully recovered. His parents said they have two miracles in their life, since both of their sons went into a comma and and both are now as healthy as ever.

But Minho knows the actual miracle is actually Taemin, for believing in him even when he asked him to end his life.

Taemin is much stronger than anyone will ever know.

Last month, Taemin and Minho moved into Sweden, following Jonghyun and Key who had settled there for almost two years already. They have a very strong reason for that.

Key gives the guy with the piano at the corner of the building a signal using his fingers, and the guy took a deep breath before he plays 'Always' by Atlantic Starr with his piano. Key and Jonghyun chose the song for today's event. It is an all-time favourite song for wedding since the day of its release from back then in 1987.

"Come," Key said as he took Taemin's hand in his, and together them both walks to the front. Taemin was very nervous at first, but when he saw Minho's smile, he feels free. His steps feel so light, and he knows he wants to reach Minho as soon as he can.

"Woah, slow down, Tae," Key stopped him a bit, and both of them laugh as they continue their journey.

"Sorry, hyung," Taemin apologized, still smiling.

"Just relax, and take a look at this building," Key said as he looks around.

"It looks pretty," Taemin uttered.

"It looks just the same since my marriage," Key said, and Taemin can see his eyes shine with happiness.

Key and Jonghyun moved to Sweden last two years, because same- marriage has been legal since 2009 there. Jonghyun is now a Mechanical Engineering lecturer, and he's working at the Stockholm University. They bought a house not very far from the university, and every morning Jonghyun will drive Key to his boutique, where Key sells his designs before he went to work.

Nothing goes wrong for the couple since then, and they are hoping the same for Minho and Taemin, especially after what the two have gone through together.

As for Minho, he is now learning the foreign language from Key and Jonghyun, and will be joining a law firm there as a lawyer in three months. For the time being, he is a part time model for Key's boutique and designs.

Taemin is done with his degree that he neglected earlier to be a singer, and is now doing his Masters in the university where Jonghyun is currently working. And like Minho, he is also a part time model. But he models for some local magazines.

The four of them are now in middle of Hedvig Eleonore Church. Unlike the usual wedding, where the people sitting at the back while the brides are at the front, Key insist to have the brides in the middle of the church and the audience around them. Just because he wants it that way, so Taemin and Minho just follows his suggestions.

"Let's go," Key grabbed Jonghyun by his arms and together they find their seats, leaving Minho and Taemin on the small stage with the celebrant.

Minho's parents and his hyung are at the front seat, next to Key and Jonghyun. Even Jinki flies from South Korea yesterday to celebrate his two friends. All of them look so happy with what they're about to witnessed in a short while.

The celebrant turns to Minho first.

"Choi Minho, will you have this man to be your life partner; to live together in the covenant of marriage? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, be faithful to him as long as you both shall live?"

Even before marriage, Taemin had gone through a very hard times waiting for Minho to open his eyes, Minho is more than convinced the guy he loves will stay by his sides no matter what happened in the future.

"I will," he said with Taemin's favourite deep tone of his, and Taemin knows Minho really mean what he said just now.

The celebrant then asked the exactly same question to Taemin, and Taemin answers it without hesitant.

"I will," he said as he smiles at Minho.

The celebrant then turns to the audience. He took a deep breath before he asks them a question.

"Will all of you witnessing these promises do all in your power to uphold these two persons in their marriage?"

"I will kill anyone who refused!" Key said and Jonghyun pats on his shoulder to calm him down.

"We will," the audience answered in unison. Key's voice is the loudest, though.

Taemin is waving at Key as he heard his omma's voice through the echoes when Minho suddenly leans down and gives his cheek a gentle kiss.

Taemin turns and finds Minho' eyes, and he can see happiness reflected ahead for the two of them.

"Tae.." the very first word came out in between Minho's dry lips after almost six months being bedridden.

"I know you'll make it.. I know you will never leave me.." Taemin says as he palms Minho's pale face, a drop of his tears fell on Minho's left cheek. Minho gave him a weak smile before he muttered a question with a very weak voice, almost whispering.

"What if.. what if I leave you..?"

Taemin smiles before he gave Minho a kiss on his forehead.

"You won't, I know. Your ten letters are never enough. I need more," he jokes.

Since that day, Minho never fails to write Taemin a letter every single days. He had been really creative with his letters, he don't just use papers like his first ten letters. Sometimes he wrote on Taemin's small whiteboard in his room, once he wrote on Taemin's apron when the other didn't saw it so when Taemin put on his apron, he saw "Everybody said angels can only be found in heaven. I am already in heaven then, because I have you," on his reflection in the mirror, and last month, he wrote "Will you marry me?" on Taemin's belated birthday cake.

Every single day, except for today, since it's their marriage.

So Taemin will know that the ten letters are not the end.

Taemin smiles at him and suddenly he took Taemin's right hand and brings it closer to his chest. Taemin follows Minho's movement with his eyes and his eyes widened a bit when he saw Minho took out a white gold ring from the pocket of his tuxedo and slid it ever so perfectly on Taemin's finger.

"B-but.. hyung.. I already have the ring from .." Taemin didn't get to finish his sentence. The ring brings bad memories to him. His heart bleeds whenever he remembers what the ring had caused Minho. What his selfishness had caused them.

"The ring.. I know it didn’t bring good memories for you," Minho said as his fingers run through Taemin's hair.

"But it's from you, hyung. I want to keep it," Taemin said as he finds Minho's eyes.

"Well, it's not that this ring will replace that one. Let’s just say that ring is to mark the end of all the bad memories we had. And this one.. is to mark the new life we're going to have starting from today," Minho said as he lifts Taemin's chin with his long finger and kisses his lips ever so gently.

The audience cheers the moment the brides shares their first kiss as a married couple, and again, Key's voice is the loudest.

"Komawo.." Taemin whispers as they broke the kiss. He raises his finger and only then he get to see the ring clearly.

"You're my everything, Taemin." is carved around the ring.

"Hyung.." Taemin muttered as he read the short sentence.

"It's your letter for today. It's our marriage; the letter should be really special so you won't forget it, right?" Minho said as he flashes his most charming smile ever.

Taemin suddenly have teary eyes. He had gone through lots, but what Minho had gone through is even more.

And yet, Minho never fails to be perfect for Taemin.

It was then when suddenly Key dragged Taemin away from Minho.

"Let's take pictures. Omma and son!" Key said as he made a peace sign, hugging Taemin's shoulder. Taemin still has his eyes on Minho though since they're standing apart from each other now, so the picture of Key and him didn't turn out well.

"Yah, Minnie. Where are you looking at?" he asked as he looks at the picture appeared on the screen of Jonghyun's digital camera.

"Miss me already?" Minho whispered. Taemin didn’t hear it since there is quite a gap in between them, but he can read Minho's lips.

"Minho hyung, I love you!" Taemin shouted as he runs and jumps on his husband, giving him a koala hug like the one they have back then, and again the audience in the church roared as Minho caught Taemin and spins him around.

"They are made for each other, I told you!" Key shouted as he throws white rose petals all over the newly wed couple.

"I know, I know," Jonghyun chuckles as he helped Key throwing the rose petals.

Minho's lips meet Taemin's, and the crowd continues cheering for the couple.

"I know. I love you too," Minho murmured in between the kiss and he can feels Taemin's arms wrapped tighter around his neck.

What could have gone wrong, right? Both of them have suffered enough to reach this day. Even if they'll face another thorn and what not in the future, can it really compare to what they have already gone through?

Deep inside, Minho knows a very bright tomorrow is waiting for both of them.

And he's right.

The end.



Jajang! I am finally done with the chapter ^-^ It took me so long because I was really busy last two weeks and I can't find times to write this~ ><

Please note that the timeline in both versions are different from each other. In the first one, Minho is announced paralysed and still didn’t wake up after a year. But in the second one, he woke up after four months since Taemin last read the letter.

So.. yeah. This is the end of this fic. Millions of thanks to all my readers, especially to those who always drop me comments and encourage me. Your amazing comments made me happy, I seriously love all of you.

To those who are disappointed with the first finale, I am so sorry. I really.. don't like sad endings, that's why I made an alternative one. And as for the reason I wrote the sad one earlier, it's because I have lots of fics already and I only write happy endings. I .. I just want to see if I can write a sad ending >< I just want to try.. ;( But the first version.. whether it is sad or happy really depends on individuals ^-^ I know there are lots of you who like the first one, and I am really thankful, komawo! -bows-


 

Posted Image

 

Thank you to everyone who participated in the poll. I hope you guys can also participate in the new poll down here, thank you ^-^. I just want to know which finale you prefer :)

 

 

 

So before I go, I want to invite you guys to read my new 2min fic. Now that 10 has come to an end, my focus will be on Bloody Symphony. I work on this with my best friend, serenelle :).

 

Posted Image

CLICK IF YOU FEEL LIKE READING

 

 

I hope to see you guys there ^-^. I am not forcing though XD.

And.. I'd like to be friends with everybody ^-^, see you guys on twitter!

 

https://twitter.com/pynkfaery

 

I'll end my last, long ramble now.

THANK YOU again, everybody. Just.. thank you ^-^ .. I love you guys.

 

Much Love,

PYNKFAERY

 

p/s : Happy Valentine's Day ^-^ I just realized the fact that 10 ended on Valentine's Day XD Keke.