seven

I am because we are (Ubuntu) [Permanent Hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

!! Gray text are sample scenarios

Word Count: 2161

 

 

Since the dinner at Junmyeon’s, Baekhyun was now almost always included in the plans Team E.B. made. Of course, everything was still done in secrecy, inviting him as discreetly and as unnoticeable as possible—slipping strips of paper inside his locker when no one is around, throwing paper balls disguised as a mere prank by Jongdae, ‘accidentally’ bumping him in the hallways and slipping papers in the things his carrying, for as long as no one notices you name it.

 

He notices a small pink folded post-it upon opening his locker with letters neatly written in cursive handwriting.

Dinner at my house tonight - Junmyeon

 

 

What did not slip pass unnoticed was the frequenting visits of the members to Dulce Café resulting to double the customer of the café, not sure if a good thing to staff but certainly great news for the owner.

 

“I think we should tell Grandpa Hoon to hire at least one more staff, my legs are already killing me and it’s only been an hour from opening.” Kyungsoo tells Baekhyun while he clings to his arm to rest himself.

 

“At least add another baker too, I thought I’d never say this but I’m getting tired of baking Mint Choc-Chip cupcakes at least five times a day.” Baekhyun says while he scrunches his nose in irritation.

 

 

Gratefulness, unbelieving, warmth, Baekhyun felt it all at the thought that the people he once dreaded to be associated with were the same people who have been silently taking care of him. They weren’t vocal, nothing sentimental was ever spoken of, but Baekhyun felt the sincerity in their actions.

 

He wanted to slap punch whoever in the face spoke ill of them. People were completely absolutely very much wrong of their idea of the infamous Team E.B. They weren’t an elitist group, they were far from that. They weren’t cold hearted, not at all, filled with warmth even.

 

“Did you hear? That tall fashion designer of the elite group stared down his partner for asking a high price for the clothes they made. Clearly he does not understand how the fashion industry works.”

 

“Clearly you do not know the whole story because that project was aimed for the poor you imbeciles.” Baekhyun mutters under his breath gripping his sketchpads tightly in his hold.

 

 

But he also needed to understand that both sides had their reasons. His friends never bothered addressing the rumors choosing to keep it that way, to avoid unwanted mess. Despite their numerous fan following, they were still feared in campus. Doesn’t matter if they were respected out of fear or admiration, for as long as people left them alone, they were satisfied. If people were to find out they actually had kind hearted souls— the amount of social climbers, users, and others would double their numbers in trying to get a hand at them.

 

“I heard Jongdae’s father runs a hospital. Wouldn’t it add to our network status if we associate ourselves with them?”

 

“Choi Minho is my dream guy, filthy rich, hot, suave.. imagine all the branded clothes he’d gift me, imagine sitting inside that y red Porsche~”

 

“My mom told me to befriend Chanyeol and after we’ve established a fairly good relationship, convince him or his parents to invest in our company.”

 

So Baekhyun understood. He understood why they were so amused of his new companionship because for the past years, it was only them and no one else. Don’t get him wrong, they did make ‘friends’, Baekhyun has seen them hang out with different people. But at a school with rank, image and connections a main priority, it was hard to trust.

 

Trust was very important to him and the others. He found it odd but amusing, because what he thought he suffers alone was also suffered by people he thought was beyond his reach. But the amusement always ends up with a frown on Baekhyun’s features. Is that not hypocritical of him? To understand the importance of trust but he himself lives the biggest lie?

 

“What do your parents do Baekhyun?” A random classmate asks.

“Parents? My parents?... uh… I’m not really sure.”

“How are you not sure?” She raises her eyebrows.

“Eheh.. They’re always out of town you see. I just know they’re hardworking business people… mhmm—So about this project…..”

 

 

 

Getting to know the young handsome men of the so called Team des élites Beaux, still a snort worthy name in his opinion, have been a rather amazing and life changing experience to Baekhyun. Not only was he able to experience the lifestyle of the elite but he also gained new unexpected friends.

 

In the course of a month, he was able to learn and experience a huge number of things. He was able to eat different dishes of food he never tasted before—although he always refused outdoor invitations as money was still and always a complication, all the more if they offered to pay for him much to Baekhyun’s anxiety of being found out.

 

“There’s this new restaurant in town, we should eat there tomorrow.”

“Umm.. you guys go ahead, I have projects to work on.”

“Oh c’mon Baek, you said that last time!”

 

 

“TGIF is just around the corner. I’m craving for some Oreo Madness.”

“Go on without me, I forgot my wallet at home.”

“Money schumy… we’ll pay for you now c’mon!”

 

 

Please log in to read the full chapter