five

I am because we are (Ubuntu) [Permanent Hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

► Let me warn again, in case anyone missed my Please Read notes in the forward, that I have a thing for writing details.

     Soooo~ I'm sorry if you're not fond of that (you may unsub if you wish :* )  but this fic will be filled of details left and right /not ashamed/ lol

Word Count: 3133

 

 

The drive to the restaurant they were going to eat at was quite far from the university and got Baekhyun curious. “If I may ask, where are we going? I thought we were eating.” He asks while still looking out the window.

 

He doesn’t notice the small smile Junmyeon gave him while he answered “Far from university premises.”

 

This perked Baekhyun’s curiosity and turned to look at him. Junmyeon sensed the unuttered question of the boy.

 

“To avoid fellow students. We usually rather eat away from the university then stay within and have an unwanted crowd surround us.”

 

“Oh.” This satisfied Baekhyun’s curiosity for the meantime and left it at that, the answer explains why Baekhyun rarely saw them during the university’s joint break—where all departments had a free schedule.

 

 

 

The restaurant was apparently a thirty minute drive from school, given that traffic wasn’t heavy. It gave out a light aura upon entering, not too high end but not cheap either. There weren’t many customers—only an old couple by the corner, a family of four by the center, and a lone business man reading a newspaper near the entrance.

 

Unexpected to how Baekhyun thought he’d spend his remaining day; he met the famous handsome elite group of the school, Team des élites Beaux, much to his inner chagrin and struggle to pronounce.

 

He felt utterly small and pathetic when Junmyeon and Chanyeol were greeted by their group of friends, all whom exude an intimidating elite aura, all as if sparkling with handsome features. Seriously, no wonder people stop and stare.

 

Baekhyun stood by the side, trying his best but obviously failing to become one with the wall as it was a distance from where he is. For a moment he was thankful that no one noticed his presence, but as soon as he was acknowledged, he flinches.

 

“Oh hey! It’s the waiter at Dulce Café!” Smirk guy, who he learned was Kim Jongin, said in delight.

 

“Guys, this is Baekhyun.” Junmyeon gestured his hand at him introducing him to the group. “Baekhyun come here and don’t be shy.”

 

At the questioning, but not at all unwelcoming, looks the group gave him; Junmyeon said Yongguk’s name. And as if the name alone was a perfect reason, they all nodded their heads in understanding.

 

His heart was beating rapidly, panic slowly rising; thoughts swirling around the rumors he’s heard and was told about—he’s meeting the elitist group, they were a bunch of know-it-alls, power trippers….

 

He tried his best to muster up his best smile but Junmyeon’s, although gentle, hold on his wrist and the attention of the whole group, had him end up with an awkward shy smile instead.

 

With his inner panic and the subtle pressure to say hi, he bows down too fast and too low than his intention that he knocks off a bottled water on the table. He squeaks in pain, a garble of hello and ouch.

 

“Ooo~ That’d hurt. I like him.” One of them said as the others try to stifle their laughter.

 

Baekhyun was momentarily distracted by the pain in his forehead, rubbing it with his fingers, while Junmyeon continued on the introductions.

 

“C’mon guys, introduce yourselves and welcome him.”

 

“Haiyeo! Kim Jongdae at yer service.” The guy who stated his immediate liking to Baekhyun said in a cheerful voice.

 

“Huang Zitao! I like the color of your hair honey.” A tall male with thick eyebags covered in make-up and dressed in a leopard coat.

 

“Kim Jongin.” The guy who Baekhyun usually saw with a smirk genuinely smiled.

 

“Choi Minho.” A deep voice from another tall male with blonde hair, the one rumored to have piercing hypnotizing eyes.

 

“And if you still don’t know, I’m Kim Junmyeon and this here is Park Chanyeol.” He introduced, gesturing his hand to the tall male standing quietly on the side.

 

Still distracted by his injured forehead, fortunate or unfortunate to him as it seems to be an unintentional trick to shooing his anxieties away, Baekhyun greets them.

 

“Hi. Byun Baekhyun. An honor to meet you.” He says while unconsciously pouting continuing to rub his pained forehead now with his palm. He doesn’t notice the amused expressions of the group watching him, save for Chanyeol’s blank stares.

 

 

 

 

The group was chatting away in laughter—Jongdae trying to prank an oblivious Junmyeon in front of him, Minho quietly texting on his phone, Tao relaying to an uninterested Jongin how his professor’s Chanel bag was fake, Jongin pestering an ever blank Chanyeol who was looking out the window.

 

Baekhyun wasn’t ignored; in fact they joined him in the conversation sometimes, just that he would rather blend in with his boring looking chair than risk the questions of further introductions such as his background.

 

Surprisingly though, none of the questions he expected to be fired at him was asked; the usual questions he faced during his first few months of every school year—what do your parents do? Where do you live? Do you know –insert luxury brand here-?

 

Despite being constantly pestered by a seeming fully energized Jongdae, Junmyeon took care of Baekhyun the most. He constantly checked up on him asking if he was okay and comfortable while they waited for their orders.

 

 

When their orders came, Baekhyun was for the nth time left in a daze. The orders weren’t made for one individual but for sharing. There were two dishes of seafood—large shrimps and mussels, three meat dishes, two of each—steak, chicken, pork ribs.

 

Baekhyun nearly drooled at the heavenly sight before him. He was seeing the dishes with his own two eyes and not a picture in the magazines he comes across to or the menu stands outside restaurants he passes.

 

At a snap he turned alert, cautious of blowing his cover of being at their same level of wealth. Trying his best to control himself and still blend in with his chair, he waits for the others to make their move on the food.

 

Minho was the first to scoop out mussels to place on Junmyeon’s plate and next his own. Jongin and Jongdae came next fighting over the pork ribs that was enough for seven people. Tao only took a few pieces of shrimp and mussels muttering he was on a strict diet of no meat. Chanyeol never really bothered, he did pick up his share of steak to place on his plate and mince on it quietly.

 

Slightly fidgeting in his seat, Baekhyun felt the anxiety creeping in again as he didn’t know what exactly to do. This was his first time eating any of these dishes in his twenty-one years of living so he had no clue how to eat them.

 

Junmyeon noticed him fidget and felt concerned at the boy staring at the food beside him. He took it upon himself to scoop a few mussels to Baekhyun’s plate.

 

With a panic stricken face, Baekhyun screeched a no which, to his dislike, got the attention of the whole table.

 

Not affected, Junmyeon questioned him “You don’t like mussels?”

 

“N-no.. it’s not that.” Baekhyun dug his brain for any plausible excuse and blurted out the first that seemed believable. “I’m uh… allergic… to.. seafood. Yeah. Allergic. I can’t.. eat seafood or I’ll start itching.” He nods in satisfaction.

 

“You’re allergic to seafood?! That’s so sad bro!” Jongdae exclaimed with a hit on his chest. “Seafood’s like.. heaven.”

 

Baekhyun only gave an awkward smile in return.

 

“Oh. You should have told me, which meat would you like to eat then? Or do you want all three?” Junmyeon stared at him waiting for an answer, the rest of the group returning to whatever they were doing.

 

Not really knowing what to choose, he didn’t know how any of it tasted like anyway, he replied “Any is okay.”

 

Any to Junmyeon was apparently all three of the meats. He lastly sliced a hearty slice of steak for Baekhyun, to his supposed delight.

 

 

Please log in to read the full chapter