twenty-five

I am because we are (Ubuntu) [Permanent Hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

► Ok~ Since majority (or at least those who voted lawl... I never follow my words it seems orz I'm excited for what awaits lmao) voted 1000+ words. Here yah go~

Enjoy my drearies~ Whoop whoop. (*°∀°) ♥

Word Count: 1893

 

 

The preparations for the yearend activities of the university begin in a week’s time. Schedules pile up here and there of the students of Éileeit University – meaning Team E.B., Baekhyun and Kyungsoo will start to get busy.

 

A gathering hasn’t been held for a few weeks now, everyone too busy prioritizing their own majors – Junmyeon is busy finalizing his internship at a hospital; Minho and Jongdae busy burying themselves in books to ready themselves of their exams; Tao was busy shopping here and there, walking to and fro their side of the building in preparations of their runway finals project; Jongin too busy practicing for his performance at the yearend festival; Kyungsoo busy attending to different practicums – cooking and serving here and there. Baekhyun too was busy – busy painting in different canvases required in different classes, sketching and finalizing projects, prioritizing his artworks for the yearend exhibit. Everyone was busy busy busy.

 

…Chanyeol though.

 

 

Momentarily pausing his sketch of a man with parts covered in leaves, Baekhyun looks out the window of his classroom and blankly stares at the outside garden as images of Chanyeol flash through his head. What is he doing?

 

All Baekhyun knew was that Chanyeol too was buried in books and papers. They haven’t seen each other for weeks now.. or rather, they haven’t interacted for weeks now. They have seen each other, several times even around the university hallways, exchanging a discreet eye contact as a means of greeting each other in secret along with the rest of Team E.B.

 

It was amusing to say the least. Each member of Team E.B. had their own way of greeting both he and Kyungsoo and there are times when it’s too funny they could not help but laugh out loud garnering strange looks from the people around them.

 

Junmyeon greets them with a smile or a small chuckle, done in a way as if he was only reacting to whatever Minho has told him. Minho greets them with his infamous piercing stare that is rumored to control whoever he makes eye contact with, resulting to Baekhyun and Kyungsoo receiving pity or feared looks from those who catch the exchange. Jongin greets them with a smirk or a wink, pretending to greet his ‘fans’ who were conveniently gathered around them – usually resulting a forced smile from Kyungsoo who’d exude an aura of ‘he’s mine and I will kill you all’. Tao greets them in his flashy fashionista way – gesturing the scarves he wears, if he wears, in a ‘hey ya’ll I’m famous’ and a ‘get out of my way ’ smile towards them, which usually results to Baekhyun and Kyungsoo having to try so hard to keep their laughter because the whole thing is just too ridiculous.

Jongdae, on the other hand, oddly greets them both differently but similarly. He greets Kyungsoo with his usual pranks of ‘accidently’ tripping him when he passes or ‘accidently’ hitting him with random things in his hands, all of which earns a hard glare from Kyungsoo. He greets Baekhyun rather similarly but does not involve any physical ‘torture’ as Kyungsoo refers to it. Greeting Baekhyun with large smiles and crescent eyes as well as peace signs and funny faces all to Baekhyun's amusement and ‘unfair treatment’ murmuring of his best friend, all of which to be mistaken by the people around them as simply the prankster mocking an innocent student.

It has however, unfortunately come to an attention to the few people who catches the exchange between Park Chanyeol and Byun Baekhyun. Not necessarily on Park Chanyeol’s side but rather Byun Baekhyun’s. Unfortunate for Baekhyun, there are times when he just cannot contain himself and blushes rather obviously when he catches Chanyeol’s eyes. This reaction is not missed by a few of his admirers and results to some awkward questioning on Baekhyun’s part.

“So you like him too?” A random girl asks.

“Who?”

“Oh c’mon, you still have those rosy cheeks of yours.. unless you just magically put on some blush.”

“Wh-what? What are you talking about?”

“Park Chanyeol! Team E.B.? He just looked our way and now you’ve turned pink.”

 

Baekhyun always ends up replying with a rapid shaking of head and extreme stutters, much to the amusement of the people around him – Byun Baekhyun obviously likes Park Chanyeol.

 

 

The memories send a surge of warmth to his chest, the odd secret friendship he has with them never fails to make him smile. Toss aside all the longing of open relationships, who knew this situation would be rather.. fun and exciting.

 

Going back to the first thought at hand, he wonders what Chanyeol has been doing. Sighing both in defeat as he knew nothing and dreamily for imagining scenarios, he goes back to his sketching.

 

 

 

Baekhyun completely misses the tall figure that stands at a far distance in the garden outside his classroom. Chanyeol leans against the tree that conveniently stood directly in front of Baekhyun’s art room and watches him from afar, Jongin and Jongdae standing beside him as they too were on break.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter