two

I am because we are (Ubuntu) [Permanent Hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Word Count: 1794

 

 

The sounds of muffled groans fill the quiet backroom. A slouched figure was seated at the corner table, hands ruffling his hair a mess while clutching the list in his hands. A list of the art materials he needed with a total amount of 36.05 dollars.

 

Baekhyun gulps and lets out an audible sigh as he repeatedly scanned his eyes through the list, defeated thoughts reeling in his head-- Where in the world is he going to get all that money. That was nearly a whole month pay of his part time job at the café. And he still had food and other necessities to worry about.

 

“Baekhyun?” A faint voice by the door rings throughout the dimly lit room bringing Baekhyun back to his senses. At the sight of Kyungsoo, the only friend he has, he thought of asking help, but he shakes his head pushing the thoughts away while he hides the list in his pocket.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“Yea. What’s up?” He lightly skips towards Kyungsoo and engulfs him in a hug earning a hearty laugh from the other.

 

“There are only three pieces of Red Velvet cupcakes available. Some girl just bought two dozens of them a while ago. Do you mind making more?”

 

“She must really love our cakes.” He replies with a chuckle.

 

“Your cakes you mean. Your baking is delicious.”

 

“Pff~ Says Kyungsoo the master baker.” They both erupt in laughter as he teases and playfully hits Kyungsoo with his hand.

 

Baekhyun forgets his worries for the meantime and proceeds to bake more cupcakes for stock.

 

 

 

 

 

It was half past six when he finished his shift and was on his way back to his apartment. The street he passed was filled with luxurious cars passing him now and then, either driven by the students themselves or by their hired drivers. The university was still filled with students even though the sun has gone down, students in and out making their way to night classes or leaving to their respective homes.

 

Baekhyun was walking on his way home, passing a few people he recognized in some of his classes and waving a small hello. He felt his stomach grumble at the sight of a menu stand he passed by. He wasn’t able to eat much today, only the three pieces of bread he snuck at the café.

 

The university’s row of food stalls were thankfully near and appeared in sight. He thought of ordering food for dinner, but as he took out the remaining money in his wallet and the list mixed in it, he thought otherwise. He stopped stood in front of the lined food stalls and longingly stared at them as if it would fill his empty stomach.

 

 

He was busy counting his money while walking; budgeting for the next day that he didn’t notice the tall figure he didn’t know he was approaching to. As he rammed on the figure, he nearly lost his balance.

 

The sudden collision caused him to drop the money in his hands. In his haste to pick up the fallen money, he didn’t notice the stranger helping him, picking up the bills that flew his way.

 

“Sorry! I’m really sorry! I didn’t mean to.” Baekhyun repeatedly apologized, dreading that he bumped into someone not so kind as it had happened before.

 

No reply was made but instead a hand was forward to him, a one dollar bill in hand. He bowed again and continued his string of apologies before taking hold of the bill in the other person’s hand.

 

He was about to say thank you when he froze at the sight before him. It was the handsome man this morning.. and in the café.

 

Instead of saying a smooth gratitude, he ends up stuttering a ‘thank you’ while unintentionally staring wide eyed at the man in front. The handsome man staring back with a

Please log in to read the full chapter