043

Another Heartbreaker

September 2018

 

 

“We’re here again!” Jackson announced as he cannonballed towards the bed, Jinyoung just sighed as he watched his fellow members mess around their hotel suite. They were in LA for a concert as well KCON.

For the past three years, the boys had changed, they worked out, branched out with their music and had taken on acting roles.

“How do you feel?” JB nudged Mark.

The male smiled.

“It’s good to be home, let’s have dinner at my place.” Mark slapped his arm.

Alright!” Bam Bam cheered, the eldest smiled.

“I need to step out for a bit, see you later then.” Mark grabbed his hat before leaving the room.

“We’re here, should we call her?” Youngjae spoke up, the room grew quiet.

“Ever since she left she called us a few times to check on us and congratulate us.” Yugyeom nodded.

They all looked at their leader, Nayoung did call them. But Mark never said anything or greeted her when she did.

“Let’s think about that earlier.” JB shrugged.

 

 

 

Nayoung was bobbing her head as she was continued making her write-ups, she was wearing her lab gown as she sat inside the viewing room.

“Nayoung, you still here?”  A male classmate stepped in the room.

“I have a few notes to make, how was lunch?” She asked as he sat across her.

Well, it was good, but there’s someone waiting for you outside.

She paused.

I think he’s some actor or something, he has a lot of people crowding around him.

She dropped her pen on the desk.

I think you better check it out, don’t worry, I’ll clean up here.” He slapped her shoulder. Nayoung nodded and gathered her things.

She took off her coat and walked to the doors, she exhaled.

I’m crazy, it’s not him. He won’t visit me.

But I miss that grumpy unicorn.

She bit her lip.

Then she opened the door.

 

 

Nayoung stepped out from the door, she paused as she looked at the male before her. Her eyes went wide as she recognized him.

“Oppa!” She blurted, Chanyeol grinned at her with open arms.

“Hi there, Nayoungie.” He mused before hugging her, Nayoung could not help but smile and laugh.

“What brings you here?” She asked as she pulled back, then Chanyeol flicked her on the forehead.

“Ah! Oppa!” She whined, Chanyeol glared at her.

“You fool, you left the country without saying anyting!” He chided.

“I was~”

“And leaving Mark? Claiming that you don’t love him? Are you acting out a drama?” He continued, Nayoung winced and just took him by the arm.

“Oppa, how did you~”

“Joohyuk told me, how stupid can you get, Na?”

“It wasn’t stupid, that time his career just started and I was too afraid…of everything.” She said softly as they entered the empty lecture hall.

“So, now…you aren’t?” Chanyeol asked.

“I miss him, oppa. But knowing what I’ve done to him, I don’t have a right to be not afraid anymore.” She replied.

“Then meet him, that’s the only way~”

“I can’t. I have classes, I can’t take~”

Chanyeol took out a small envelop from his pocket.

“Come tomorrow, it’s KCON and the guys want to see you.” He grinned at her, Nayoung nodded.

“Don’t worry, Got7’s not here, they have that concert at the next town.” He pinched her cheek before standing up.

“Then, I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Of course, take care, oppa.”

 

 

 

 

A figure was standing in front of the announcement boards as the day ended, he was dressed in a pair of dark jeans and a V-neck shirt with a baseball cap on, then he immediately looked down as Nayoung stepped out the revolving doors.

Nayoung stretched her arms as she stepped out of the building, her MCM backpack hung on her shoulder as she padded down the marble stairs.

Nayoung!” Joey Tuan appeared by the steps.

Hi, it’s been a while, Joe.” She greeted him with a quick hug.

I just wanted to tell you that~” Joey halted when his eyes darted behind Nayoung, his brows furrowed.

What?” Nayoung looked at him.

Well, we’re having pizza for lunch tomorrow, like a sort of exam week ender thing, you wanna come?

“Sure, just give me call then.” She bumped fists with the younger male before he headed off.

Nayoung sighed as she watched him go.

“They look so alike.” She mumbled before going to her car.

 

 

Joey joined his brother in the car.

I saw you, why didn’t you say hi?” He asked as he tossed his backpack at the back.

I just came by to pick you up, what are you talking about?” Mark replied as he started the engine.

Well, I’m not taking any medicine courses and yet you’re waiting at that building.” Joey pointed out with a smirk, Mark didn’t reply but he just put the car on reverse and shifted gears again.

Do you still love her, Mark?

Mark glanced at him.

I know you act like you’re mad at her for~

I’m not mad, actually, I understand why she did that.” Mark said.

What? Be real, you haven’t forgotten her, huh? Not even one bit.

Mark shook his head.

 

 

How do you forget a girl like Kim Nayoung anyway?

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++