042

Another Heartbreaker

 

 

Nayoung stepped in her apartment; her brother had insisted she get one outside the campus and not take a dorm.

“You’ll be okay, right?” Soohyun asked for the nth time. Their mother chuckled behind them as she walked to the floor length windows.

“I’m the mother, Soohyun-ah.” She mused, Soohyun made a face at his sister.

“I’ll be okay, oppa. Besides abeoji’s going to visit next week.” She smiled at him, then her brother frowned at her.

Nayoung looked away.

“You will be okay, right?” He asked meaningfully.

“I have to be, oppa.” She said lowly, he nodded and just squeezed her hands before facing their mother.

“I think we should get some lunch before calling the movers.”

 

 

The boys sat down in the conference room, JB glanced at Mark briefly.

It has been a week since Nayoung left, and he knew that something in his friend had changed. Mark grew more serious than he already was; he rarely showed his aegyo or make jokes. He practiced more and stayed up during rehearsals.

Their new coordi walked in, he was carrying a bunch of bags with her.

“So, we have promotions for Niga Hamyeon(If You Do) next week, I’m just here to hand out your outfits and shoes.”

“No fitting?” Youngjae asked.

“Actually, Nayoung has left me with nothing to do for the next three months,”

At the mention of her name, they all glanced at Mark.

“She’s prepared your stage outfits and appearance outfits for the duration of the promotion and for shows too. She’s the bomb.” The man mused, the boys just nodded along.

“…She was the best.” Bam Bam nodded quietly.

 

 

Jinyoung looked at Mark as the male continued to dance while looking at this reflection.

“Back then, he took rests, drank water, now he’s just….” He trailed off, Jackson bit his lip.

“He really does love her, you can see it.” Jackson said.

“I mean, have you seen the way he looked at her?” Jackson asked softly.

“It was crazy.” He finished, Junior nodded.

“I just hope…he can let her go like she has….I mean, can Nayoung even let him go?” Jinyoung leaned against the couch.

 “Is noona still in town? We don’t even know why she left.” Yugyeom asked.

JB looked away.

“She probably got back together with him.” Bam Bam said quietly, Jackson exhaled.

“I still don’t get it, everything was going so well~” Youngjae halted when Mark switched off the music and walked to them, he grabbed a bottle of mineral water from the table and left the room.

 

Nayoung nodded along as the professor lectured, she pushed her glasses up and looked at the screen.

She started to leaf through her book when her phone vibrated, she glanced at the screen.

JYPENT just released a new video, GOT7 "니가 하면(If You Do)

She exhaled and put her phone down, she shook her head and looked at the screen again.

 

A year later…

 

“I’m sorry, I’m too busy now.” Mark bowed politely as he gently pushed the box of chocolate back, his colleague, a member of a girl group, bit her lip and ran away from him.

From afar, JB and Jackson exhaled.

It was like a pattern now, their dating ban was off, and a lot of female idols tried to catch Mark’s attention, but nothing happened.

He always declined them.

“We just finished off our world tour, won awards and he’s still…so cold.” Jackson said.

He wasn’t exactly cold, he smiled at his fans, he laughed with them but Mark always seemed to be detached, on their free days he didn’t go out much. And he hasn’t gone home for almost a year.

Jaebum took out his phone and started checking his SNS accounts, then he halted.

“..Joey.” He said.

“What?” Jackson looked up, he balked.

“He met up with Nayoung.” Jaebum could not help but smile as he liked Joey’s photo on Instagram.

He was with a bunch of his friends and Nayoung was sitting beside him.

“I’m guessing they’re in good terms.” Jackson nodded.

JB looked at Mark, the male was walking towards them.

You guys saw it?” He asked them, the two nodded.

They must have bumped into each other at school~

 

I don’t care, we have to practice in five minutes.” Mark said before entering the practice room.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++