040

Another Heartbreaker

 

“I’m sorry, I can explain.” Nayoung said as Minho opened the door.

He smiled at her before fully opening the door.

“Well, that’s new.” He stated as he ushered her in.

“Why did you do that?” He asked as Nayoung walked to the living room, he placed a cup of warm tea in front of her.

“I wanted him to hate me.”

Minho paused and sat down across her.

“…Why?”

“I’m leaving, oppa. For med school, I decided last week.”

He nodded.

“How are you so sure?”

“I already applied at UCLA, they accepted me.” She said softy, Minho bit his lip.

“I don’t understand, you’re going away to study, why….do that?”

Nayoung turned her gaze on the windows and sighed at the afternoon sky.

“I want to break up with him before I leave.”

“I’m still not getting you, Youngie.” He stated.

“I…I saw how their fans react when it was rumored that I was dating Jaebum, I saw how bad it can get. If people find out the truth about us, it would affect him, and he just started his career, oppa. Everything is going so well, and I can’t let him~”

“Wait, you want to leave him because of his fans?” Minho pointed out.

“I don’t deserve him, I cant do this.” She shook her head.

“Why are you afraid, Na? Don’t you love him?” Minho asked, she sighed and brushed the tears away from her face.

“It’s better this way, he wont worry about me while I’m away, he can focus more on his work.”

Minho just shook his head, Nayoung stood up and opened her arms to him.

“I came by to say goodbye and wish you well.” She said softly, Minho exhaled.

He still loved her, yes. But seeing her this distressed and troubled he could not help but tightly wrap his arms around her.

“I’ll miss you, Na.” He whispered.

Maybe I can let you go now.

“Same here, oppa.”

 

 

Nayoung stepped in the dorm an hour before dinner, before she could walk to the stairs, Jackson appeared before her.

How could you do this?” He asked softly, his tone low.

What~

Jackson dropped the manila envelope on her feet, she winced.

David Geffen School of Medicine, oh wow, thanks for telling us.” He added.

Jackson, I can~

No, you can’t explain! I wont let you!” He yelled, Nayoung flinched.

“Jackson, stop that.” JB walked to them, Nayoung exhaled.

“You know what, Na? You’re always like this, you don’t like to talk, you don’t want to share things with us, your friends.” Jackson stated before turning away from her, he walked to his room.

“I received a note from the company that you’re resigning. Jackson didn’t take it well and I have not showed it to the others.” JB said, Nayoung nodded.

“Are you really going?” He asked her, Nayoung could not help but nod but her tears betrayed her.

“I’m so sorry, Jaebum…I’m so sorry…..I’m scared.” She shook her head, JB just pulled her to him.

“I’m in no place to stop you from going, and I cant deny that I hate the fact that you’re leaving, but please…give him a clean break if you really plan on leaving him.”

 

 

Nayoung took off her socks and jacket, she was about to change when Mark suddenly stepped in the room.

“We need to talk.”

Nayoung faced him, her brows furrowed.

We don’t.” She replied, Mark sighed impatiently.

Is this a game to you, Nayoung?” He asked, Nayoung looked at him.

I’m sorry Mark, I didn’t know you were there~

Mark pinned her to the wall and slammed his palm on the wall.

Then ing tell me why!” He snapped, his grip on her arm tightened.

Nayoung met his gaze, once they looked at her softly, lovingly, now they were angry and confused.

Betrayed.

“I just realized I was using you, Mark. I was using you.” She said.

Mark paused and looked at her.

What?

I saw you as a way to get back at Minho oppa, I needed somebody to be with me while I showed him that I didn’t need him.

Mark dropped his arms to his side and stepped back from her.

When you said you loved me, that when I knew that the game was over, I didn’t mean to lead you on, Mark.” She said softly, refusing to meet his eyes, she knew if she did, she would break down in front of him.

Nayoung,” He trailed off.

So, you have every right to hate me.” She whispered, Nayoung looked up and met his gaze, she slowly walked to him and pressed her lips against his briefly.

 

Thank you and I’m sorry, Mark.” She said before leaving the room.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++