024

Another Heartbreaker

Yugyeom and Youngjae balked and peeled their eyes away from the screen.

“Ya! You idiot!” Nayoung snapped, Chanyeol chuckled heartily before joining the boys on the couch.

“Wh—When did you date?” Jackson asked curiously, Nayoung sighed and sat on the arm of the Barcalounger, Mark looked up and just poked her thigh.

“What? What? I know you’re sitting here, I just need to lean somewhere so I get to be reminded that I’m not allowed to kill him.”

Chanyeol grinned, Mark’s brows furrowed briefly.

“It was during our Growl promotions, so, 2013.”

“If you’re going to ask about the street fashion plus floral prints plus Pyrex socks, it wasn’t me. I only dated him, I didn’t work for them.” She interjected.

“…So, how did..it end?” Jackson asked bluntly, JB sent him a look.

“That time, Nayoung was still finishing her studies, while I got really busy. We just naturally….ended.”

The boys were amazed at their sunbae’s carefree disposition as he shared about him and Nayoung.

“Studies?” Bam Bam queried.

“She was in premed~”

“You still didn’t tell me why you’re here.” Nayoung interrupted, the boys of Got7 glanced at each other. Mark noticed how she was starting to tense up, his brows rows. He slowly tugged on her arm and pulled her on his lap.

Nayoung blinked at him, he gave her a warm smile as he squeezed her waist.

“I just wanted to check on you, Minho hyung called me and told me you’ve been MIA.” He smiled, Nayoung froze, but Mark just pulled her back and made her lean on him.

“Really? I’ve been busy, I’m handling seven people now.” She mused.

“But, sunbae, we don’t really know anything about Nayoung. You seem to know her real well.” Jinyoung asked.

“Ah, Nayoungie?” Chanyeol smiled, then Nayoung stood up.

“Oppa, let’s talk outside.” She said before padding towards the glass doors and walking to the garden.

Chanyeol paused, then his eyes went to Mark.

The other members blinked at the two, then the older male started to smile.

“Make her forget him, he’s caused her enough pain already.” Chanyeol stated before following Nayoung.

 

 

Nayoung crossed her arms and smirked as she looked at the clothes on her bed.

“So, this is it?” She asked, JB nodded.

It was a two piece short suit in the shade of cream.

“Since you like showing your bare shoulders so much, we give you this.” Jinyoung nodded proudly, Nayoung chuckled.

“I get it, now get out.” She mused, the two walked out of her room with grins on their faces.

Why?

She faced Mark, he was sitting on the windowsill.

“What?”

Mark faced her, his brows met before he bit his lip.

Remember when I followed you at that boutique? I apologized to you.

Nayoung blinked but she nodded.

But, what~

“I slipped in front of you, Nayoung. I asked you to stay, I mentioned that you need not to choose me over Minho.”

She paused and looked away.

So, why? Why are you not avoiding me? Why are you not saying anything?

Nayoung sighed and stepped towards him.

“Mark, there’s really nothing to say.” She murmured.

Mark paused and looked up.

“I mean….I….I’m not good with this.” She sighed and looked away.

You know what, it’s fine. It way too early, and I shouldn’t have asked.” Mark stood up and walked towards the door.

I already kind of chose you.” Nayoung said quietly, Mark froze.

I…I’m never usually certain about most things, but…I chose you over him. I just..didnt have the guts to~

Mark just walked to her and wrapped her in his arms.

But, I explain myself.” Nayoung was smiling as she spoke, Mark let go of her.

I don’t know…how this happened, but thank you.

Mark blinked.

You made me realize that…holding onto someone…is not really worth it. I mean, he does still affect me, then there’s you.” She finished while pouting.

You…You’re just you, you drive me crazy sometimes, but it’s cool. We’re cool.” She nodded as if speaking to herself, Mark couldn’t help but laugh.

We’re cool.” He whispered before kissing her forehead and leaving the room.

 

“Ya!” JB’s voice echoed in the living room.

“Hah!” Nayoung chuckled and winked at him.

“What? Why? Why?” Jinyoung and Bam Bam stepped out of the kitchen.

Nayoung was wearing the suit they chose for her.

“Is that a bra? Out in the open?” Jackson balked.

“You didn’t get me a shirt or a top, or something that would suit your taste.” She mused.

She was wearing a black bandeau that showed her flat tummy and on her feet were a pair of strappy Aquazzura stilettos.

“Off to schedule we go!” She cackled before heading out of the front door, Mark just shook his head and followed the girl.

“You really should visit the doctor or something, you’re too pale.” Mark pointed to his lips, Nayoung blinked as they headed to the car.

“I have a cold, but I’ll be fine.” She replied, Mark grinned then he took out something from his backpack.

“Here, it’s mine.” He placed the beanie on her head, Nayoung paused and looked at him.

“It’s black, just like your soul.” He chuckled teasingly before Nayoung socked his arm.

I like it, thanks, ahjussi.

Mark just smiled and opened the car’s door for her.

 

 

“Tonight?” Nayoung blinked, Jinyoung was walking beside her while carrying a bag of beverages, they were to perform for MCountdown in an hour.

“I can’t cook for you guys, I have an appointment.”

“It’s fine, I’ll just ask if they want take out or something.” She smiled, Junior glanced back as they passed, a lot of people did stare at Nayoung. She’s always managed to catch attention just with her presence, he smiled.

No wonder our eldest fell for this brat.

“But, I wanted to know~” Nayoung paused as Jinyoung pushed the door for her, there were new faces in the room.

“Oh, Nayoung, come here.” JB waved her over.

“What now, babe?” She mused darkly. The males stared at her in awe, everything about the girl seemed so tough and intimidating.

“They’re our seniors, Bangtan~”

“Oh, Namjoon, Yoongi, long time no see.” She suddenly slapped the two’s shoulders with a smile, Got7 blinked at her.

How have you been, noona?” Rapmon smiled at her.

“Noona, you still look fly.” Suga mused, Nayoung grinned, then she faced the boys.

“I met them at a shoot and I put up some concepts for them before, their senior stylist is a friend of mine.” She shrugged before padding towards the table to get something to eat.

“She seems to have a wider network than us.” Jackson mused.

“Are you really going to wear that for the whole day?”

She glanced sideways as Mark joined her on the table.

“Ani, I just wanted to irritate you guys.” She chuckled openly, Mark smiled.

“You look good in anything.” He shrugged.

Whoa, this is the American side of yours, not so chauvinistic and conservati~

“I didn’t say I like you wearing your bra in public.” Mark mused.

It’s not a bra, Mark. It’s a bandeau, it’s actually used~ Hey don’t you walk out on me!” Nayoung followed as Mark walked out of the room, JB grinned.

 

 

 

 

It’s a bra, I have a sister, remember?” Mark shook his head, Nayoung made a face and just followed him. But she was smiling.

It’s fashion, besides, what’s the use of exercising just to keep my tummy flat?

Still a bra. Our subject is getting weird, can we change?” Mark asked her, Nayoung just grinned at him.

I’m telling you, it’s not a bra, its~

Mark suddenly halted, Nayoung almost tripped on her heels.

What~” She paused and took a step back.

“I came to return this.” Minho was standing before them, Nayoung saw the necklace on his palm.

Mark glanced at her.

“Oppa, I~”

“I gave it as a gift, Na, take it.”

She bit her lip and took the item from him.

“Oppa, why~”

“And I came to tell you that, I’m sorry.”

“Uhm, oppa, there’s~”

 

“I’m sorry for not realizing that I’ve always been in love with you, Kim Nayoung.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++