Final.

Mistletoe

Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun from across the pre-school's cafeteria. Children bounded over to Baekhyun, who was dressed as Santa Claus, with excited squeals. Chanyeol laughed at how the costume was very large on Baekhyun’s petite body. Red pants with white trim pooled around his ankles and the sleeves covered his slender fingers. A droopy santa hat topped it all off.

 

One of their favorite children to teach, Sehun, sat on “Santa’s” lap and told him everything he wished for that year.

 

“I want a monster truck, a pororo doll, clothes, and bows!” he exclaimed.

 

Baekhyun made promises of trying his best to fulfill his wishes, and Sehun looked up at him and gave him a huge smile. Quite a few teeth were missing and two Christmas themed bows were clipped to his pigtails.

 

Baekhyun smiled down at him with a look of admiration. “Is there anything else you want, Sehun?”

 

Sehun tapped his chin in deep thought before he came to a decision which made Baekhyun chuckle.

 

“I want Mr. Byun and Mr. Park to get married! They always look at each other. Mr. Kim said that it was love. So of course, people in love need to get married!”

 

Baekhyun froze for a moment then continued with his act of being Santa. He hugged Sehun and remembered to curse Junmyeon later.

 

It’s like the whole world knew that he was in love with Park Chanyeol except Chanyeol himself. And he hoped he never had to confess such a thing to his best friend.

 

Chanyeol noticed the distress in Baekhyun’s face and thought it was due to the overwhelmingly excited children. He made his way over to the small throne that Baekhyun was perched on.

 

“I’m going to borrow Santa for a moment, if that’s okay with you guys.” Chanyeol laughed.

 

Choruses of, “Mr. Park, why?!”, ran throughout the room.

 

The two boys laughed as they ran off towards the exit, leaving Junmyeon and Yifan to watch the kids.

 

Once they were outside, Baekhyun immediately began shivering. Cute, Chanyeol thought.

 

The painful sting of the December cold didn’t reach his body through three layers, so Chanyeol took off his coat and wrapped it around Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun turned around to face the flurry filled sky, his face flushed. Chanyeol’s cheeks burned as well, but he tried to push away his feelings.

 

Baekhyun had been his best friend since high school, and that didn’t change when they went to college, or even got jobs. They dreamed of being teachers ever since they were little, so they fulfilled their wishes. Together.

 

The two boys were always together. They worked together, lived together, and spent their free time together.

 

Somewhere along the way, Chanyeol’s thoughts and feelings changed for his best friend. He thought everything Baekhyun did was adorable. He wanted to cuddle him and kiss him. He wanted to be able to call Baekhyun his.

 

But Chanyeol never acted on his thoughts. because he knew that Baekhyun would never feel the same way. Baekhyun would always just be his best friend. The thought of them together would probably repulse Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun drew him out of the thoughts that had been haunting him by wrapping his hand tightly around Chanyeol’s. Baekhyun’s freezing hand against Chanyeol’s warm one sent chills through both of their bodies.

 

Chanyeol’s heart began beating faster despite that being a normal occurrence. Baekhyun had always been a little more than touchy with Chanyeol. But he always shrugged it off as Baekhyun just being really comfortable with him. If he would pay closer attention, he would realize that Baekhyun wasn’t clingy with his other friends.

 

“Thank you, Yeol” Baekhyun whispered.

 

Chanyeol cocked his head to the side because he didn’t do anything to be thanked for.

“What do you mean, Baek?”

 

Baekhyun turned to face Chanyeol with a shy grin on his face.

 

“Thank you, Chanyeol for...always being around for me. Just the little things you do for me always makes me feel so safe and warm. Like giving me your coat or holding my hand. You’re so kind without even trying to be.”

 

Before the blush even fully painted Chanyeol’s cheeks, Junmyeon ran out the door and shouted for them to come back in.

 

“The children are demanding Christmas carols! I already sang Silent Night and Deck the Halls. I can’t handle anymore! They’re demanding Mr.Byun and Mr.Park.”

 

The door shut and Junmyeon walked away with a smirk on his face. Ah, young love.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun turned to each other and laughed. All seriousness that was there before was forgotten.

 

Baekhyun changed out of his Santa costume in a bathroom before entering the cafeteria again with Chanyeol at his side. The said man insisted that he couldn’t be Mr. Byun and Santa at the same time; it would ruin it for the kids.

 

Eight excited children were already seated into little red chairs, anticipating the carols.

 

Junmyeon and Yifan stood at the side by the snack table. Yifan’s arms held Junmyeon close as the petite man munched on gingerbread men.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun sat down on stools beside each other and shushed their class. Chanyeol coughed loudly in order to snap the love birds at the snack table out of their trance and start the tape.

 

When the first few lyrics left their small stereo, both of their faces heated up. They really could kill Kim Junmyeon. He picked a couple song for them. Typical. Baekhyun took a deep breath and started the song.

 

I really can't stay

 

A shy look at Chanyeol.

 

Baby it's cold outside

 

A longing glance at Baekhyun.

 

The class watched the pair in awe as they continued to belt out beautiful lyrics. Everyone held their breath as they vocalized in perfect harmony.

 

The small cafeteria erupted in cheers and loud clapping as the song died out and the two men looked at their feet.

 

“Encore!” Jongdae shouted from the back row. Soon enough, all of the children chanted for them to continue their duo.

 

Another smirk painted Junmyeon’s face as he played the next track.

 

“Put more emotion into it! Get up and dance, Baek!” Yifan yelled.

 

Baekhyun tilted his head in thought as he wondered why only he had to dance. All confusion vanished and was only left with pure rage towards Junmyeon. He really shouldn’t trust his friend with his feelings towards Chanyeol.

 

“All I Want For Christmas” was his favorite Christmas song, though. And he damn sure wasn’t going to let his amazing vocals go to waste.

 

He stood up and dramatically began to sing the first few lyrics. Everyone knew that Baekhyun had always had no problem with being the center of attention. He shamelessly began to clutch his heart and shake his hips.

 

Chanyeol swallowed hard at the little show he was getting right in front of him. Dirty thoughts infiltrated his mind, but he willed them away quickly. He couldn’t pop a in front of his young students. But Baekhyun’s hips were sinful.

 

Everytime the chorus came around, Baekhyun would point at Chanyeol and wink at him. At one point, Chanyeol thought he was going to pass out for sure. He just shrugged it off as Baekhyun playing around, but Baekhyun desperately hoped he would pick up what he was putting down.

 

The song came to an end and all the kids raced over to open their gifts from the teachers. Baekhyun and Chanyeol decided to hydrate after their performance instead.

 

Chanyeol poured himself and Baekhyun a glass of eggnog and picked up a tree-shaped cookie.

 

“That was great, Baek. I’m impressed that you knew every single word,” Chanyeol laughed while he bit his cookie.

 

Baekhyun playfully punched Chanyeol’s arm and stole his cookie before he could take another bite.

 

“I’m finishing your cookie for that comment,” Baekhyun giggled.

 

The two of them talked about their plans for Christmas break which consisted of lots of movie marathons and cuddling. Chanyeol could hardly wait.

 

A shy Yixing interrupted their conversation.

 

“Mr. Byun, will you please come help me open my present?”

 

Baekhyun excused himself from Chanyeol and walked over to where the present sat on the ground. It was strange that Yixing’s gift  was placed far away from the others except for one. But Baekhyun just thought it was the kids being kids. Little did he know it was one of Junmyeon’s well-constructed plans.

 

A few moments later, Chanyeol was being pulled over to the other present by an eager Jongin. He dropped Chanyeol off at his gift then grabbed Yixing and ran away laughing.

 

Baekhyun stopped trying to get into the present and stood up to meet Chanyeol. Both of their eyes swirled with confusion.

 

“Look up!” all the kids, Yifan, and Junmyeon shouted.

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol hesitantly looked up and found themselves standing directly under the mistletoe.

 

“D-do you want me to..?”

 

Baekhyun laughed and pulled the giant into him.


“Kiss me, you idiot.”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Happy Holidays, everyone!! I hope you all enjoyed this <3