Just Boring

Playing the Player's Heart

Jang Soo Yun.

 

"Y-You're not kidding?" My mouth was left wide open, and at that moment, all I could do was pretty much stare at him and his boldness in awe. I knocked on my forehead a few times, noticing how I started to stutter a bit earlier.

"Why do you sound so surprised? Is that a bad thing?" He asked, and I could tell by his facial expression that he was a bit hurt.

I just didn't know how to answer. I was quite surprised, that was definite. And it was just so sudden. I took a few quick breathes and stared down at our bed's plain white sheets. I clutched onto them tightly and started to bite my lip.

"It's not a bad thing. I just-" I paused and eyed him carefully, "I'm not sure how I should answer you right now. I'm just speechless, that's all."

He started to frown, and at that moment, I knew I made a huge mistake saying that.

"Just forget I said anything if it makes you this uncomfortable."

I sighed and scratched my head in frustration. He got it wrong. I was just caught off guard!

"Kikwang, that's not what I mea-"

"Goodnight."

"Kikwang!"

He didn't answer back, which only tackled at my temper even further. Ok, well if that's the way he wants to play, I guess I don't mind going along with it. I stuck my tongue at his as he turned to his side. 

Yeah, just be a child. Be a child and ignore me. .



---------------------------------------

 

 

I was sitting on the table top counter, dangling my short stubby feet at the same time. I smiled to myself remembering how Kikwang would always call me a Midget. Midget. Midget. Midget.

But then I slapped my self silly, knowing how stupid I was being right now. Ignore him Soo Yun. Just ignore the guy.

You're too amazing to constantly be bothered by him and his player-like way with words.

I felt my left side pants pocket beginning to buzz. I whipped out my phone, only to find out that L. Joe sent me some random text message. Well, it kind of isn't random since we're "going out", but at the same time, it can be since he sent it at seven in the morning.



Why don't we meet up?

I want to take you out today. :)



For some reason, I hesitated before giving a simple 'yes' as a reply. God knows why. But I don't. I don't know anything anymore, kind of like how a toddler doesn't know from right or wrong yet. Although, I do think I'm leading towards "wrong" as of right now. But again, God knows why. And I don't.

I made my way to the master bedroom and fickled through my closet, trying to stay as quiet as I can while Dumbkwang played Sleeping Beauty in bed.

Don't wake him up. Don't wake him up. Don't wake him u-

Wait, why do I even care if he wakes up and sees me getting ready to leave? It's not like I ever gave a about the man. Still. I couldn't help but keep that little four-worded chant on replay inside my head.

Don't wake him up. Don't wake him up. Don't wake him up. Don't wake hi-

"What are you doing?"

I silently cursed myself, trying my best to keep the urge of facepalming my beautiful skin in front of that man. I knew he would feel superior if I did do so.

"Oh, I'm just getting ready. I'm going on a date." I smirked, "Don't follow me, okay?"

"Pftt. You wish. Like I ever cared about what you and Justin Bieber do together. I'll just be sleeping. In bed. Like every normal civilian does on a Sunday morning. Good night."

"Idiot. You mean, good morning?"

"No. I meant what I meant. Now good night, Midget."

"Alright, if that's the way you want it then. Good night."

 

-------------------------------------

 

So our little date started off with a little walking and sitting and walking down the streets of Seoul. But it's not like I was complaining! Trust me! I had the best time waving hi to all the ahjussis and ahjummas doing their morning exercising.

Notice my sarcasm when I say this.

L. Joe then stopped in his tracks and turned to face me. He smiled, his teeth showing a faint glow. I gave one back in return, but somehow, that smile on my face slowly began turning into one of a frown.

I noticed something.

I noticed how perfect he was. He was looking his absolute best the whole day. He smiled and greeted every man and woman we passed by, and he held my hand tightly whenever we were to cross the street. He had the three most important things in the world.

He was goodlooking.

He had manners.

He was the opposite of Kikwang.

 

But that made him boring.

And with that in mind, it was my turn to stop in my tracks and his turn to look at my direction to see what was wrong.

"Is there a problem Soo Yun?"

This will be the deciding factor Soo Yun. It all comes down to this."

"Hey L. Joe. Can you possibly do something for me right now?"

Again, he gave one of those pretty little smiles and nodded his head. 

"And what would that be, Princess?"

"Kiss me."

"What? Uh, ok? I guess."

He braced himself and took a deep breath. Then he leaned in and stared at my lips, just as I was doing the same with his red plump ones. After about five seconds of nervousness and preparation, he planted his soft touch onto my own. And that was it. 

That was just it.

No spark. No nothing. Nada.

"That wasn't how I wanted it."

"Wait. What do you mean? I kissed you, didn't I?"

"Well yeah Mr. Obvious. You kissed me.


But it was boring."



Alright guys! Just two more updates! 

And I think I'm planning on doing them this weekend. Probably today if I get off my lazy .