A Text Message

Playing the Player's Heart

[Soo Yun's POV]

 

"Say that again?Just one more time." Dumbkwang requested, still not believing in his father's words, even though it's been repeated oh so many times already.

"Kikwang, this is the seventh time already. You two are officially engaged." he emphasized this time.

I took the liberty of lying down on the couch, legs spread apart, hands laid wide out like the lazy person I am. I didn't even have the time to worry about looking good in front of my future father-in-law. Hell, I didn't even know he would become related to me so soon.

You know how I was feeling right now?

Flabbergasted.

That's right. ing flabbergasted.

I was so flabbergasted, that I used the word flabbergasted. And who uses that word these days? 

It's a ridiculous word. That's what it is.

"I just don't understand why we had to go through with this marriage so soon. It's only been... what? A month? Two months? How will the media react to this?" I finally spoke up.

"The media responded well, actually." Father-In-Law answered in a nonchalant tone, turning on the television.

Huh, so that's where the gets his attitude. As they say, like father like son.

My eyes bulged out after bringing its way to the television screen. Kikwang's was no different.

Father-in-law flipped through every single news station in South Korea. Every single one of them was talking about our engagement, and I mean it when I said all of them.

The worst part was that they actually all had a good (bad in my situation) response. To sum up most of what the news reporters were saying, they wished us luck in our marriage. Although, some questioned whether we really were in love or not, but why waste your time doing that?

I'm pretty sure it's obvious already. Why else would we marry so soon?

But then another question popped up in my mind.

"Why do the newsreporters know about this already?"

"We had a press conference. Your dad and I that is. We held it while you and Kikwang were at the amusement park. Didn't you notice any cameramen snapping pictures of you two? We had them stationed at every single ride there."

 

Actually no. I never saw such a thing. And that's a little... weird. I see that that trait Kikwang has came from his father as well.

"You what? Dad, that's invading our privacy. Don't you have any morales?"

"Says the guy who used to bring a different female to his own parent's home, only to end up ing her at night while we're asleep. And don't you have any respect for your father? Talking to me like that- Aish." he scolded his son, turning to me afterward. "No need to worry Soo Yun dear. I'll take care of this brat and his disgusting ways by the time you two get married."

You all probably think that I'd be surprised by this news of Kikwang with other women, but I already assumed he'd be like this even before I first met him.

There's a lot of rumors going on about him, especially at the Nails & Spa.

Whew, the women who work there can sure gossip. It's amazing as to how much meat they can get their hands on.

I was just about to speak up when I received a text message on my phone.

 

Hey, it's me. Mr. Blondie, Lee Byunghun.

Can we meet up right now?

There's something I need to tell you.

 

 

I almost forgot that I gave him my number. I took the time to save his contact information just incase he ever sent a message again.

I wouldn't have known who it was if he didn't specify it.

But I wondered what he wanted to talk about. The message itself was pretty bland and straight to the point, but I couldn't help feeling nervous after reading it.

Should I go? Not go?

I was supposed to be in a serious meeting about my future with Kikwang, but apparently, Father-in-law is too busy giving Dumbkwang a talk about education.

What kind of sick family have I gotten tangled up with?

And so I decided.

 

 

Sure. Let's meet up at the park. :)



Sorry I haven't been updating, but to tell you the truth, I've been feeling pressured.

All I've been seeing are the words "update" and "soon."

I never understood why authors hated it when they saw those two words together. I always thought it was nice to have a comment in general.

Now I understand. It really pressures a person, receiving a comment with those words.