The Origins of the Kangs

Taming Wolves

Kang Seulgi was her name- the only thing in life she actually owned. Yesterday she finally turned eighteen, the day she could finally get out of that wretched orphanage with nothing more that the clothes on her back, whatever trinkets she had collected over the past years and the newly gifted letters and amulet the head nun at the orphanage gave her.

“Take it, it’s the first and probably the last thing your parents left for you.” She remembered the words that spilled out of the nun’s mouth as the stared at the beautifully incrusted amulet in hand.

Seulgi never had people to call parents, children her age to call friends and not she was eighteen she would never get a chance, she was now deemed “un-adoptable” due to her age, so she would never have a place to call home- not even that God forsaken orphanage that always kept her from being adopted and as she sat on the mossy rock in the woods she finally knew why. Why they kept her isolated from all the other children and all the adults that were looking to adopt, it was all her fault.

The same woman that carried her for eight and a half months, only to leave her in a basket at the front door of the orphanage under the light rain, Seulgi would not remember but she was sure she cried, on the exterior she was labeled the rebel, hard headed punk, but inside she was a cry baby, a sensitive creature that would rather be stung than swat at the bee, what was so wrong with her that her own parents would want to give her up?

Throughout her early years at the orphanage she wanted nothing more than to be loved and wanted by a couple, but every time the day came when a couple would come to look for a child, they’d always look her way and pick someone else and she’d always end up crying herself to sleep . It wasn’t until she turned nine that she stopped going downstairs any time a couple came, she stopped caring that new babies came and the old children left, she stopped caring as she became one out of the four older children to not be chosen since they came to the orphanage and today she knew why as she re-read the letter again… and again… and again.

 

"To whoever is reading this, this beautiful buddle of joy’s name is Kang Seulgi. The best thing I ever did in my life was giving birth to her. Because I am unable to protect her, I must give her away to a world that can.

As young as she may be, she is a special child gifted with a special destiny. “How can she be so special if you can leave her at the doorstep of a stranger?” I am sure that’s running through your head at the moment, if I had a choice in the matter I would keep her by my side always, me not wanting m child is the farthest thing from the truth.

It pains me more to know that I may never see my daughter again but the most important fact of the matter is that she is safe, so do just that, keep her safe. Even if it’s at the cost of her never being adopted or making friends, never allow to get attached to people before she turns eighteen, make sure she doesn’t enter the forest or bathe in the lake.

As much as it may pain her to be isolated, the only thing I can do as her mother now is make sure she is safe. On her eighteenth birthday, give her the amulet around her neck and everything in her knapsack, from that point on she can find her way and be who see was destined to be."

 

Special… she scoffed at the word; she wasn’t special, far from it. No mother would abandon their infant if she was so special, keep me safe? In this boring world what could possibly be so bad to cause a mother to leave her child? The mafia… The triad... Loan sharks… And alcoholic father or drug addict mother?

She mentally questioned herself as she reread the words written on the letter as tears brimmed in her large eyes.

Special meant to be unique, better and most of all important. How import was she that her own mother dropped her at a stranger’s doorstep, how special was she that she never felt the love of friend or family, how special was she that she had to spend eighteen years living at an orphanage?

Then best thing she could say happened to her was turning eighteen and finally being able to leave such a place, she could finally experience freedom, friendship… love.

She sighed as she stuffed the crumpled letter back into the backpack that was supposedly left by her mother for and instructed too only give it to her on her eighteenth birthday, she rummaged through the bag seeing things that she never really seen before, but she would eventually get to discovering on her own, for now she was more entranced with the scroll like objected wrapped with a golden amulet.

She timidly untangled the amulet as if it was the most fragile artifact known to mankind. As she held the amulet to the fading sun in the background, she saw every curve and crevice of the amulet and was immediately transfixed by the suddenly almost glowing of the fiery gemstone framed with sharped edges as if representing the sun and the moon as one.

Sun and mood together? Like a total eclipse she suggested to herself.

“Like an eclipse” She blankly commented as she dazed in and out of consciousness as life seemed to dull in significance as the artifact she held radiated.

A traumatizing howl shocked her core as her eyes shifted from the amulet only to meet a bright blood painted moon that scrutinized her very existence.

 

Image result for line breaker

 

 

The sound of ground breaking and ambitious howling jolted her out of her trance; she blinked repeatedly as she cured the dryness from her eyes, nervousness raked at her core as the sounds grew terrifyingly closer. Her eyes fixated on the shadows… flying shadows, a cluster of shadows hurdled around a wolf as they fast approached her direction, on instinct she ran to hide behind the nearest tree in hopes that she’d be out of their sight.

The semi-transparent shadows quickly surrounded the wolf as it growled in defense, a whipping sound echoed through woods and the yelp that followed- her heart dropped at the sound of a defenseless animal crying out for help but was she really willing to rush to defend a wild animal against whatever those creatures were?

Yes… yes she was, before she could calculate the pros and the much more expected cons, she emptied her bag on the ground searching for the most useful thing she could use to fight against – what do you even call these creatures – the shadows that surrounded the lonesome wolf.

As if on cue a medium sized pocket pen flash light dropped from her bag, and with a brave soul she dived into the circle of danger…. literally.

The shadows hissed frantically as the light pierced through their already transparent skin, she continued to spin in circles trying to keep the shadows at bay whilst the wounded wolf heaved on the ground al whilst fighting the dizziness that threatened to take over. Within seconds she was frozen to the ground as the shadows covered her entire being, her body convulsed as her life essence was consumed and as she took her last breath and eyes dulled, she heard that howl once more.


Word Count- 1300


thumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2

This is the necklace i pieced together for you guys to have a better visual of what I invisioned, sorry the picture is like this. I used layers on Word and was unable to copy and paste without messing up the picture, so Ihad to take a picture from my phone.

And, I dont't know if you guys remeber me talking about being a fashion designer, but i decided to offical follow my dreams, so would it be possible for you guys to help me out by helping me generate views via instagram by following my page, you don't have to like or order anything, I entered  something in my company that helps fund and publish upcoming entrepreneur  local fashion designers and they needed my social media handles so i'd appriecate it if you guys can help me out. its @ingridsempire on instagram and PLEASE do not comment " please update" under my post lol and i hope you guys can follow my journey while i continue to grow, Until the next update my friends.