Bobby

One Truth, One Hundred Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So what's the plan?" Bobby asked Hanbin and I.

We told our story of how we met and how we got here. Bobby, who has been Hanbin's best friend since elementary school, has had his fair share of being spied by the president.

Hanbin met Bobby at a park in Insadong when he was 7. It was a classic rich-boy-meets-poor-boy best friend story. Hanbin got lost on the way home from judo lessons and cried at a park nearby Bobby's house. Bobby consoled and befriended Hanbin and took him home.

Since then, they became quick friends. Bobby's mother had passed away while giving birth to him and his father passed away two years after Bobby and Hanbin became friends. Hanbin then paid for Bobby's rent and school tuition using his own allowance.

Bobby was now independent. He was enrolled at Sungkyungkwan University on full scholarship majoring in Information and Technology and worked as a part-time technician in Samsung. Bobby transferred money to Hanbin each month to repay for the school tuition and rent fee that the latter had paid for.

Two years ago, Bobby helped Hanbin access the president's emails, only to be followed by the president's spies for a year. Since then, they decided it would be best to keep distance for each other's safety.

"First things first, I think we should let the public know that President Lee Byunghun is cousins with former mayor Lee Donghyun. That will change public opinion on Hanbin's father," I told Bobby.

The three of us were sitting on the floor in Bobby's room, our eyes fixated on the computer screen.

"Maybe we can use the information on WikiLeaks and send it to Dispatch. Dispatch will put up the information on their website so we'll have our hands clean and the president can't backtrack the job to us," Hanbin said.

"Good idea. I have to find a way to access WikiLeaks without the president's knowledge. This might take all night," Bobby said.

Right away, he busied himself with the computer's keyboard as Hanbin and I watched on.

"Go away, you guys are making me nervous," Bobby joked as he shooed us with his hands. Hanbin and I laughed and left him alone.

We moved to the living room so Bobby could concentrate.

"What have I gotten myself into?" I joked to Hanbin as we sat on the sofa in front of the television.

Hanbin laughed softly.

"At least we're in it together, right?" Hanbin said, smiling warmly as he looked into my eyes. "Hey, Hayi?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for helping out," he said, putting his hand up for a high five.

I smiled. "You're we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter