Double Agent

One Truth, One Hundred Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Every since Hanbin made his headline-grabbing statement in court during his father's trial, all the president's spies have been onto us. This time, there were more men mobilized, and they didn't even bother to be discreet. President Lee Byunghun wanted us to know that he was watching our every step.

On the other hand, Dara, Jiyong, Bobby and I wanted that jerk of a president to know that we were planning something against him right under his nose. Something he would never find out. The four of us continued to meet despite all the spies. We, however, couldn't meet or communicate directly with Hanbin. The only way we communicated with him was through an encrypted anonymous chatroom in the dark web. To access the dark web itself took a lot of work.

It was tough, not seeing Hanbin and not being able to talk so freely about things, but we were determined to let the Republic of Korea know the truth about President Lee Byunghun and his dirty deeds.

The four of us had been planning our next move. Its been almost a month since we last saw Hanbin, and we've made some significant process. We were going to make our move soon.

We still had the files we stole from the Blue House. So we've agreed that for our next move, we would print screengrabs of CCTVs of the President in a hotel elevator with es on Seoul Post, with help from Dara of course. We were also planning on printing the President's conversation with the police chief of Seoul asking him to arrest Hanbin's father. We felt this was enough to hurt President Lee's credibility as South Korea's head of state and government. We've calculated all the possible risks and made plans to mitigate them. It was a solid plan.

That day, Dara, Jiyong, Bobby and I agreed to meet in our usual cafe at 3pm. This time was the most ideal because it was crowded, so the president's spies wouldn't dare make a move in front of so many commoners. Everyone came on time, except for Jiyong, who said he was running late.

So we continued to make plans without Jiyong.

"So guys, I'm going to make last minute changes to the paper just before it goes into printing. That way, the Seoul Post editorial team won't know a thing," Dara told Bobby and I casually but in a low voice to make sure no one else heard us. After having secret-but-public meetings like these for the last month, I've learned enough to know that even if you're keeping a secret, you should not act like it. Body language is key when you're being watched by spies.

"Yes, and I'll come with you to hack into the system so no one knows who made the last changes to the paper," Bobby said to Dara.

We continued to make our plans until--

"Is that Jiyong? With Kiko?" Dara said, looking at two figures who just entered the cafe.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter