Intuition

Twist Of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 7

 Intuition

 

It had been raining all morning, and Taecyeon left for work early morning, while it was pouring down.

Luckily, it had stopped raining now. The sun was bright, and it was quite warm outside. It was the perfect kind of summer weather, and it was lunch time now.

Taecyeon sat at the far end in the café, and he was reading some paper work whilst waiting for you to come.

Taecyeon hadn’t seen you since you moved out, into Yongguk’s house with Ki Joon, and you had been quite busy with making Ki Joon become comfortable in his new home.

Hence, the two of you hadn’t been able to meet up, and you finally had time to see your best friend.

You left the house to meet your friend Taecyeon at your favorite café, and meet-up place. You always came to this café, when you had to talk about things, catch up on some certain things, or just to hang out.

Yongguk was at home with Ki Joon, and you mentioned that you would be out for a while, and he wanted to hang out with Ki Joon.

Yongguk didn’t say much, and you figured that he wanted to hang out with Ki Joon alone, and bond with the little boy. Hence, you left without feeling bad. You know that Ki Joon is in good hands.

You hurried down the streets and to the café. You were running a bit late, and you knew that Taecyeon was waiting for you.

Taecyeon placed the papers down, and looked out front. He sighed deeply, and rubbed the back of his neck as he thought about you, and wondered where you were.

You rarely come late, and just as he was about to call you, you walked into the café. A smile formed on his face upon seeing you. He sighed of relief. You met his gaze, and walked up to him, whilst panting, because you had run.

“Hi.” You said in breathless tone, and he furrowed his brows, and got up from the seat.

“Sera, have you been running?” He asked, and you chuckled, lightly, and nodded.

Taecyeon moved closer to you, and you smiled, when he hugged him. He chuckled, and wrapped his big arms around you.

“I missed you, pumpkin.” He said, and messed your hair.

“Taec.” You groaned, but hugged him back. “I missed you too.” You added with a light giggle.

You had honestly missed Taecyeon. He is your mood, maker best friend, and someone whom you always can go to, when you needed.

Taecyeon chuckled, and pulled back. He finally sat down on his seat. You grabbed the menu book, but Taecyeon smiled as he looked into your eyes. You took a seat at his opposite direction.

“I already ordered your favorite coffee.” He said, catching you off guard, and you smiled widely. Then you flipped the pages in the menu to the deserts.

“And I ordered your favorite cake too.” He added with a cheeky smile, when he noticed that you looked at the deserts.

He laughed, when he saw the smile on your face, and you took your jacket off. “You know me too well.”

“Indeed.” He chuckled, and you grinned.

Taecyeon grinned, when he saw your outfit.

“Why are you dressed up so prettily?” He asked, when he saw that you were wearing a floral dress, and you rolled your eyes.

“Did you dress up for someone?” He asked with a grin, and you made a face at him.

“Taec.” You groaned, and he laughed so bashfully.

“I dressed up for myself.” You said sternly, and he chuckled amused.

“I’m just messing with you, pumpkin.” He said with a bright laugh.

You smiled, and replied. “I know you are.”

Taecyeon smiled once more, and he was wearing a leather jacket, blue shirt and blue jeans.

He had a pair of black shades which he had placed on the table. He kept his bangs down today. He was feeling really good to be with you again after so many days.

You noticed the documents on the table, and sighed deeply, when you realized he had brought his work with him. Taecyeon owns his own business, and is quite a workaholic.

“You always bring your work with you.” You said, and he made a face.

“I just came from work, miss.” He explained, and you rolled your eyes. “Still no excuse.” You laughed.

“But honestly, you look really good.” He said, and you narrowed your eyes as gazed at him intently.

“You know, you look normal. It seems like that guy Yongguk hasn’t killed you after all.” He added quickly, and you started to laugh at his funny comment.

“You are funny.” You said, and laughed.

Taecyeon chuckled, and asked you about Ki Joon.

“You will meet him soon.” You said, and he smiled, and nodded.

“I can’t wait to meet him.” He said. “I’m going to spoil him.” He added, and a smile formed on your face as you looked into his eyes that looked brighter.

You want Taecyeon to meet Ki Joon. He is really good with kids, and you have a feeling that Ki Joon will come to like Taecyeon a lot.

Taecyeon is quite playful with kids, just like Yongguk actually. You thought all of a sudden, and shook your head.

What am I thinking?

You started to talk about Ki Joon, and how he is adapting to his new life. You mentioned how Ki Joon is really quiet around you, and Yongguk.

You are honestly a bit worried that he won’t open up, or that he might have some bigger issues.

“I’m a bit worried, what if he stays silent.” You said in a small tone.

Taecyeon gazed at you, and saw the worry in your eyes. He suddenly grasped your hand, and gave it a light squeeze. You met his gaze, and he gave you a warm and assuring smile.

“It will take some time, don’t worry. He will open up and talk more.” Taecyeon said in a soothing tone. You smiled, and nodded.

“So, Ki Joon has no family members?” He asked, and you nodded.

“His files say that he’s the only one left from his family.” You explained about Ki Joon’s family, who couldn’t escape North Korea, and his parents died in a car accident.

Taecyeon sighed, and felt bad for the little boy, because he must have gone through a big trauma, but he is in good hands now.

He knew that you would take good care of the boy. Taecyeon had seen you around kids, and how well you take care of kids.

The mood became depressing now, because you felt sad thinking about Ki Joon’s tragic background and Taecyeon cleared his throat. He didn’t want the mood to turn depressing and see you down.

“Do you want to go out somewhere?” He asked, and you raised a brow, questioning.

Taecyeon wanted to brighten the mood again, and make you feel better. He could tell that you were stressed, and worried for Ki Joon.

You nodded with a smile, and he chuckled. “C’mon, Kwon- Kwon.” He said, and you giggled at the nickname.

“Alrighty, Ok-Ok.” You laughed, and Taecyeon shook his head with a smile on his face.

~❋~

Yongguk paced around in the kitchen, and living room, checking to the boy every now and then.

The little boy was playing a game with Legos on the floor in the living room by himself. And Yongguk was making something to eat for the boy. It was lunch time, and Ki Joon was getting hungry too.

Yongguk looked at the clock on the wall, and back at the little boy. His back was facing Yongguk, and he was playing well by himself.

Ki Joon is really good at focusing on a game for a long time without losing his concentration.

Ki Joon also liked playing with Legos, and had a good imagination. Right now, he was supposedly building a zoo out Legos.

Yongguk sighed, and opened the fridge to see what he could make for lunch. He isn’t really used to cooking much, because he eats out or orders food.

However, he knew that he had to think about Ki Joon, and the little boy needs home cooked meals.

Ki Joon finished playing his game, and got up from the floor. He hurried upstairs, whilst Yongguk was in the kitchen. Yongguk hadn’t noticed that Ki Joon left the living room.

Yongguk groaned as he thought about what to make, and wondered if he should call his sister for help, but she must he busy with her tattoo shop.

The little boy hurried into his nursery room, and to his toys. Ki Joon looked at his new car, the one you bought for him, when you went out shopping.

The car was still in its package, and placed on the shelves, which was a bit too high up for the little boy to reach.

Ki Joon stood on his toes, and tried to reach his short hand up to get the car down. He tried hard, but he couldn’t reach it, and decided to climb up on the other shelf to get his car.

Yongguk thought about making pancakes for Ki Joon, as he remembered how much he liked your pancakes. He pursed his lips as looked up the recipe on the web.

“Hmm.” He cooed with furrowed brows, and scrolled down the search list on his phone until he found a good website.

“Vanilla powder, eggs, sugar, milk.” Yongguk was reading the recipe aloud as he scratched the back of his neck.

A loud bang suddenly came from upstairs, Yongguk looked straight out, and his eyes widened.

He froze for a second. He blinked a few times, and placed his phone from him and onto the kitchen island. He then hurried to the living room. But the living room was empty.

“Ki Joon?” Yongguk called out, and his eyes widened in fear.

Yongguk ran upstairs as fast as he could. His heart was racing, and he feared the worst thing right now.

Something bad might have happened to Ki Joon, and Yongguk left him alone. He should have never left him alone in the living room, he thought.

“Ki Joon!” Yongguk yelled, and pushed the door open to the little boy’s bedroom.

Yongguk’s eyes widened, when he saw that the big, and long toy shelf was on the ground and the toys were spread all over the floor.

Yongguk heart was racing in fear that his little boy might be under the big shelf. He stepped forward.

“Ki Joon where are you?” He called out in a shaky voice.

Yongguk then he looked out, and saw the little boy, who was crumbled together in the corner of the room in fear.

Yongguk sighed relieved, but his heart dropped, when he saw the scared look on the little boy’s face.

“Ki Joon-ah.” Yongguk said in a soft tone.

Ki Joon was crumbled in the corner of the room, and looked out at Yongguk with wide eyes. He was all tensed up. Yongguk quickly walked up to him, and crouched down in front of the little boy.

“Are you okay? You didn’t get hurt, did you?” Yongguk asked in a soft tone, and the little boy shook his head.

“I’m not mad at you Ki Joon, because the shelf fell down. I’m just worried, because I thought you got hurt.” Yongguk explained, and the little boy suddenly jumped up, and into Yongguk’s arms.

Yongguk’s eyes widened, when the little boy wrapped his small arms around his neck, and hugged him. Yongguk quickly pulled the little boy into him, and tapped his back gently.

“It’s okay. I’m here now.” He said in a soothing tone, and Yongguk got up from the ground with Ki Joon in his arms.

The little boy had his small legs around Yongguk’s waist, and held onto him tightly. Yongguk stood still for a moment.

“Did you get scared?” Yongguk asked, and the boy nodded.

The boy clung onto Yongguk as he walked down the stairs, and into the living room. Ki Joon was pretty scared, but Yongguk was there to calm him down.

“What were you looking for?” Yongguk asked, but the little boy had his head buried into his chest.

Yongguk hugged the boy tightly into him, and walked around the living room. He was holding onto Ki Joon gently, and comforting him. He finally felt the little boy calm down in his embrace.

“I’m making pancakes. Do you want to help me?” Yongguk asked, and the little boy nodded.

Yongguk finally put Ki Joon down, and he gazed at him to see if he wasn’t hurt. Ki Joon seemed fine on the outer, but he looked sad.

His cheeks were puffed out, and he was looking on the ground, pouting. Yongguk smiled, and crouched down, on an eye-level with Ki Joon.

He grabbed the little boy’s small hands into his, and looked into his big, and round eyes. He gave him a warm, and big smile.

“I’ll clean up, and pick the shelf up again. You don’t have to feel bad. It was an accident. But you have to promise me that next time, when you need something, and you can’t reach it, you will call for me. Okay?” Yongguk said.

The little boy nodded, and Yongguk smiled, and patted his head gently. Yongguk knew the little boy was scared, scared that he might get scolded maybe. But Yongguk made it clear to him that he’s not mad.

“Come, let’s make pancakes.” Yongguk said, and the little boy nodded, and followed his guardian.

~❋~

Taecyeon was being himself, goofing around, checking out every good- looking girl that passed by him, and you rolled your eyes at him.

“Can you not flirt with girls, please” You asked without sounding too annoyed.

He made a face at you, and suddenly placed an arm on your shoulder. He moved down to you, in a quick move before you could blink your eyes. Your eyes widened, and he looked into your eyes with a grin on his face.

“I can just flirt with you then.” He said, and you rolled your eyes. “Shut it.” You laughed, and pulled his arm away from you, and snickered.

However, Taecyeon laughed, because he loved to tease you, and get these reactions from you.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter