Awkward Situation

Twist Of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 39

Awkward Situation

 

The two guys had finished eating their food much faster than you. But something was wrong. You felt nauseous and couldn’t finish your food.

You stared at your meal and pursed your lips, when you got nauseous again. You blamed it on the fact that it was that time of the month.

Besides being nauseous, you could sense that you were soon going to get your cramps. You breathed deeply and pushed your plate further away. You took a sip of your water.

You pressed your hand against your stomach and tried to stay calm. You were in the open and didn’t want to act abnormal.

“Why aren’t you eating?”

His deep voice made your eyes flicker up to him, and you noticed how he was staring intensely at you, and you frowned.

You couldn’t quite tell Yongguk that it was shark week. That was somehow too embarrassing. Hence, you shrugged, but he furrowed his brows. His brows deepened, and his eyes darkened.

“Are you not well?” He asked, and you quickly shook your head.

You stood up from your chair abruptly. You needed to go to the lady’s room, but something you felt something that shouldn’t happen. You sat down immediately and became pale as snow. You couldn’t believe it.

“Kwon?” Yongguk called out, but you ignored him.

You opened your purse to check if you had brought an extra pad. You were certain that you had, but you had a feeling that you might have forgotten it, because you were in a hurry to get out of the house this morning.

Just as you opened your bag, you sighed aloud. You had forgotten to bring extra pads, and the thing that should never happen, when you are perioding and are out in the public, just happened.

You were stuck to the chair, didn’t dare to move, or get up again. What if you caused a bigger accident? You felt your skin slowly heat up.

“Kwon?” Yongguk called once more.

You finally turned to look at him, and you knew that you probably looked strange, because you were acting different, but you just couldn’t control it. It was a thing that was out of your hands.

You crossed your legs and met Yongguk’s curious gaze. He continued looking at you with a curious look as you were quiet.

You opened your mouth, but closed your mouth quickly, when you realized that you didn’t know what to say. You needed to change.

But you didn’t have any pad, and you didn’t know how to tell that to Yongguk. You didn’t even know how he would react. Maybe he would freak out.

“Kwon?” He repeated for the third time.

There was another moment of silence as you moved your lips trying to form the words, but your face was heating up, and you couldn’t say it. The frown on Yongguk’s face seemed to have deepened, and you breathed out deeply.

“I need something from the store.” You blurted out.

Yongguk quickly got up from his seat, your eyes followed him, and you gazed up at him as he stopped in front of you.

“Let’s move.” He said, and you shook your head frantically.

Ki Joon got up as well and stood next to Yongguk. He was ready to leave the restaurant. However, you couldn’t get up from the seat in fear of the worst possible thing, that you’ve spotted your jeans.  

“Why aren’t you getting up?” Yongguk asked.

Before you could open your mouth, he reached his hand out to you, and gently pressed his palm against your forehead. He hummed deeply, and you blinked your eyes a couple of times as you looked into his confused eyes.

He stood still for a moment, feeling your temperature, and then he slowly moved his hand down from your forehead and touched your cheek.

“You are a bit warm, but I don’t think.. that you got a fever.” He said.

You reached your hand out and grabbed his wrist. He stiffened suddenly and furrowed his brows. But you pulled him down to you, and he was suddenly a few inches away.

“I.” You froze, and pulled back a few centimeters, when it dawned on you that he stood too close to you.

“You aren’t acting like yourself, what do you need from the store suddenly?” He finally asked.

You breathed deeply, mentally preparing yourself as he was looking intensely into your eyes, and then he stiffened. His face became blank as if it finally dawned on him. He stepped back.

“What kinds?” He asked in a low tone, and he clenched his jaw.

“I knew you’d figure it out.” You burst out relieved.

“Which kinds?” He repeated.

“Always, the winged ones.” You said.

“Wing- what?” He looked puzzled at you.

Your cheeked reddened further, and you bit on your bottom lip, looking at him. He shook his head and grabbed Ki Joon’s hand.

“I’ll get it.” He said.

“Please be quick.” You whispered, and he nodded.

Yongguk turned to look at Ki Joon, who didn’t know what the pair of you were talking about, but the boy asked why didn’t come along.

“She’s not done with eating. We need to get something from the store, and we’ll come back again.” Yongguk said to the boy and the two quickly left the restaurant.

As soon as Yongguk was out of your sight, you lowered your head, covered your face with your palms and groaned.

You could only hope that Yongguk wouldn’t tease you later, but you knew how he was and that he probably would. It was so embarrassing. You waited for the guys to return.

Yongguk walked down the aisle in the store, looking from left to right. Ki Joon held his hand and followed along quietly.

“What do we need?” The little boy finally asked.

“Just something for Sera.” Yongguk replied, still looking around, and wondering about where the pads are.

“What is that?” He continued.

“Uhh.. It’s a thing only girls need.” Yongguk told.

“But wha-”

“Do you want chocolate?” Yongguk quickly interrupted.

“Yes!” The boy squealed.

Yongguk sighed deeply and quickly led the boy to the chocolate section, and the kid ran off to find a chocolate.

“Pick the one you want.. you can have two… just don’t ask me about the pads.” He muttered the last part.

The little boy stood on his toes and reached for a chocolate bar. His eyes grew bigger and beamed as he picked one.

Then he turned to look at the older male whose arms were folded over his chest, and he looked rather bothered, but the kid couldn’t tell.

“Can I have two?” He asked.

“Yes, but don’t tell mom.” Yongguk said.

The boy quickly nodded with a bashful smile. He picked another chocolate bar and let out a small and happy giggle.

Yongguk sighed deeply and looked around him, wondering where in the world he would find the pads in this big store.

“Where do they place the pads?” He muttered as he rubbed the back of his neck.

Ki Joon followed along, looking at his chocolate bar with big eyes. But the older male was walking around in the store. He walked past the workers and didn’t ask anyone for help.

“When can I eat it?” Ki Joon finally asked.

“Once we get out of here.” Yongguk told.

“But what do we need to get? We’ve been here for so long.” The little boy asked with a confused look.

“Do you want lollypops?” Yongguk quickly asked.

“Yes!” The boy chimed.

“Okay, go and get some.” Yongguk said, when he spotted the section with the female stuff.

“Okay!” Ki Joon squealed.

“I’m right over there.” Yongguk pointed towards the direction and Ki Joon nodded. “Come here, once you find a lollypop or two.” He explained, and Ki Joon nodded once more and quickly took off.

Yongguk sighed aloud for the third time and rushed off the section. He searched for the pads, but he walked past the makeup section. He ruffled his hair messily and looked around him.

“Can I help you?” a light voice broke out from behind him and he turned around and looked.

His eyes drifted down to a short girl, who had short hair and big eyes. She was smiling brightly, and he gazed at her name tag and discovered quickly that she was a staff.

Yongguk stiffened, and quickly looked across. He could see that Ki Joon was picking more candies than he was asked to do. But he couldn’t take care of that matter now.

“I.. uhm.” He cleared his throat as his eyes drifted away.

“Yes?” She asked as she stepped closer to him.

He furrowed his brows and took a step back. Then he looked around him. He would rather find the pads himself instead of asking for help. Then he frowned, when he spotted them.

“I found it, never mind.” He quickly said and strode off.

He stopped in front of the shelves and then he quickly knew that he didn’t know what to get. He froze once again, and bit onto his bottom lip, biting back a cuss.

“Which ones do you need?” The girl asked.

“She said the ones with wings.. what’s that?” Yongguk finally asked, but in a low tone, feeling his face actually heat up.

The girl giggled and picked out a green package. Then she started to talk and ask a lot of questions, which he had no answer to, and his face was heating up. She showed multiple pads, but he was getting further confused.

“Is it for your girlfriend.” She suddenly asked.

“For my wife.” He suddenly said and stiffened. “I mean-” But she nodded, and he just let it slide, not wanting to get into it.  

“If she just started, then I suggest you buy her the night pads, and day pads.” She said.

“Please just get me whatever she’ll need.” He breathed out deeply, and his voice had turned lower. He sounded desperate.

“Alright.” She finally handed him two packages and giggled.

“Thank you.” He breathed deeply, sounding truly relieved, and she shook her head.

“It’s not that often I see a husband looking for pads for his wife. I could tell that you were troubled.” She said, and he thanked her once more.

Just as he turned around to head over to his boy, the girl broke out and made his steps come to a sudden halt.

“She’s lucky to have a husband, who loves her so much, and would go through troubles to help her.”

“Yeah I guess so.” Yongguk chuckled to himself and left.

The girl gazed at him with a dumbfounded look as he walked off. She shrugged and took off.

~❋~

“Hide the candy, or mom will get mad at us.” Yongguk ordered.

“But I want to eat it now.” The little boy sulked.

“Ki Joon, hurry up, we are almost there.”

“Alright.” The boy sulked and stuffed the candies and chocolate bars into his pockets.

Your eyes flickered out, and you tensed up, when you saw that Yongguk was approaching you, and he carried a shopping bag.

Did he get it for me? will he say something to tease me? you wondered.

Yongguk finally stopped in front of you, and you remained seated. You had been waiting for a while, and you were genuinely worried that you might have bleed through your clothes. It certainly felt sticky down there.

You clenched your fists, feeling disgusted by yourself, and you needed to just cleanse your body in a hot bath tub shower once you get home.

You were quiet, not knowing what to say, and you didn’t want to ask if he got the winged ones or not.

You just wanted to dig a hole and burry yourself, and never come out again. You hadn’t felt this type of embarrassment, since you first bled trough in school, but luckily, during that time, no boys were around, and you could quickly take care of the situation.

However, things were different not. you are a grown-up woman, and you still felt embarrassed and got panicked, whenever stuff like this happens in public. And especially because Yongguk is there.

You bit on your bottom lip, your face felt hot, and you were certain now that you were red. Yongguk placed the shopping bag on the table in front of you.

Then he cleared his throat, making you wonder in that second what kind of comment he would toss at you.

“I got a few, don’t know which kinds you need. If it’s not the right one, let me know, and.. I’ll return them and get the right one.” He broke the awkward silence, and you just snatched the bag without checking what’s inside.

“It’s okay, thanks.” You muttered.

Honestly, you couldn’t care about whether he got the right pads or not, you just needed to get out of the place and not see Yongguk for a least a few hours. You can’t ignore him for an entire day as you live together. 

You stood up, ready to run off to the lady’s room, however, you stiffened, when you felt something wrong.

Your entire body became stiff, and you glared up at Yongguk with a panicked- fear-filled and embarrassed look.

“What’s wrong.” He stepped closer to you and you sat down quickly.

Yongguk furrowed his brows, and then he grasped your wrist, surprising you. He pulled you back up, and then he got behind you.

“Go on, I’ll follow you there.” He said.

“Yongguk I-”

“It’s okay.” He interrupted.

You breathed deeply and stood still for a second. But then you started to walk off to the washing room.

Yongguk was right behind you, covering your back, in case you had bled through. Your heart was somehow pounding against your chest.

Soon, you made it to the washing room, and Yongguk quickly opened the door for you. You glanced at the two boys before you rushed in.

“We will wait for you.” Ki Joon smiled.

It turned out that you were safe, and no accidents had happened. However, you were quite close to getting into an accident.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter