Uknown Feelings

Twist Of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 38

Unknown Feelings

 

The stone felt hard and yet smooth around the edges. You played with it and stared off. You scrunched your face, moving your lips slightly, pondering about something that had been on your mind ever since Yongguk came back.

Why did he buy this necklace? Why didn’t he get me something cheap? Ugh, I want to know it.

You shook your head, closed your eyes and your thoughts went back to the day, Yongguk gave you the necklace.

A shudder suddenly passed up and down your spine, and you trembled. Slowly, you opened your eyes and looked out.

The two guys were running around in the house, occupied with the new RC car, which Yongguk had bought in America. It had been a week since he had returned home, and things were back to the same usual routine.

You dropped Ki Joon off at kindergarten some mornings, and Yongguk would do the same on the days you couldn’t. Yongguk was still working a lot in his studio.

You eyed the two boys, specifically the older guy, and your eyes narrowed. He had the little boy behind him as he was running, trying to follow the car.

The little kid was laughing, and you shook your head. Behind them was Tigger, and it barked as it ran after the two guys.

You stayed seated on the chair in front of the island. You lifted your cup to your lips and took a sip of your afternoon coffee.

Yongguk was wearing simple jeans that were ripped at the knees, and a white sleeveless low-neck shirt that hugged his lean figure. His hair was messy, in a good way, and a sigh escaped through your lips.

His hair looked so soft and suddenly you could feel your fingertips itch. You breathed deeply and scrunched your face. You knew you could ogle at him for a long time.

You averted your gaze from him and muttered a silent cuss. Suddenly, you felt something tug at your leg, and pull your pants. You quickly looked down.

The brown fur ball stared at you with its tongue stuck out and big eyes. You pursed your lips, grinning at the poodle.

“Are you hungry?” You asked, smiling to Tigger.

“Yes I am.” A deep tone broke out.

You stared out and stiffened. Yongguk stopped in front of you, panting, and he slid his fingers through his hair, pushing his bangs back in place.

“I asked the dog.” You said with a deadpanned look.

You narrowed your eyes, when you saw the corner of his lip twitch, and then his lips curved up to a little smile. He was smiling. He was so cheeky. You stiffened, staring at his face with a straight look.

Yongguk chuckled to himself and walked around the island. He was laughing so unconcernedly. You bit on your bottom lip, feeling your cheeks slowly heat up. He knew how to get under your skin.

“Can we eat out?” Ki Joon asked as he entered the kitchen, snapping your attention and averting your eyes to him.

You gazed down at the little boy, who was looking into your eyes with such a deep gaze, and a puppy-eye look that it was immensely hard to resist him.

“I think that’s a good idea.” Yongguk interrupted, and you turned your attention towards him.

“Alright then.” You said and got up from the chair.

The guys quickly took off to get changed, and you froze. You felt a sudden sharp pain in your stomach, and you pressed your hand to your stomach. You gritted your teeth, and the pain was quickly gone.

You knew what kind of pain that was, and you just didn’t want to have period now. You groaned and hurried to the bathroom to check.

Just as you had expected, the moment you sat down on the toilet, your period just arrived, and you muttered a silent cuss. You opened the drawer, pulled out a pad and put it on. 

There was a sudden knock on the door that made you look out, and you stiffened on the toilet, wondering about if you had locked the door, because Ki Joon could open it. You couldn’t remember if you had locked the door and you got panicked.

“Kwon?”

“Yes?” Your voice was high-pitched.

“Why are you taking forever in there? Come out, we are leaving.” Yongguk groaned, and then you heard his footsteps as he was leaving, and he quickly took off.

You pursed your lips into a thin line, preventing from yelling at him, and you hurriedly finished up.

You rushed down the stairs and the guys were waiting for you. Ki Joon was smiling sweetly, looking excited to go out for lunch. The corner of your lips curved up, and you couldn’t help but to smile, when you saw how happy Ki Joon was.

Then your eyes wandered to Yongguk, who had a straight look, and you sighed deeply. The smile you had disappeared. You stepped in front of them and met his gaze.

“Are we ready now?” He asked.

“Yeah.” You shrugged and walked off.

Yongguk helped Ki Joon getting in the car, and just as you were about to open the door, Yongguk spoke up.

“You can sit at the front. Ki Joon is big enough to sit alone now, and he’s comfortable.”

You gazed at Yongguk, who had a straight look, and you nodded. It made sense. You closed the door.

“Guess you’re right. He plays by himself in the backseat.” You said.

“Exactly.”

Yongguk stood still in front of the passenger seat, whilst you strode around the car, making you wonder what he is doing, and then he suddenly opened the door just when you stopped in front of him.

You stared at him for a while, and he held the door open for you, but you were dumbstruck. His face hardened, and he looked at you with a deep gaze and a serious look.

“Why are you just standing there? Get in.” He ordered in a deep and low tone.

You fluttered your long and dark lashes a couple of times, staring at him, and then it dawned on you that you were ogling at him. You quickly passed by him, took your seat, and stared out the window.

What is up with him?

Yongguk closed the door and strode around the car. Your eyes seemingly followed him until he opened his door and got in.

The moment he sat down, his strong scent filled the car. You could smell the strong scent of his cologne in the air, and you breathed deeply. He smelled too great. You quickly rolled the window down and breathed out.

“Is it hot inside?” He asked.

No, you are… what’s wrong with me?

“Yes.” You breathed out too quickly, and he the air conditioner.

Soon, you felt the cool breeze from the air-condition and you cooled off. You wondered why you were acting so weird around him.

You slid your palms down your dress, pulling the fabric further down to cover your thighs, and you quickly looked to your side, when you somehow sensed his gaze on you.

Your gazes locked for a split second, but he quickly averted his gaze, the ignition and drove out of the yard.

After driving for a while, you felt another sharp pain and this time it was in your lower back. You bit hard onto your bottom lip to suppress your groan.

You straightened your posture and breathed deeply, feeling the pain quickly subside. You hated period cramps.

Not now, please God, not now.

Ki Joon was playing with some toys in the backseat, occupied with himself, and he always managed to have fun.

“Ki Joon, what would you like to eat?” Yongguk asked, catching the kid’s attention, and the little one looked up at him.

“Pancakes!” He squealed with shining eyes.

“Of course.” Yongguk chuckled.

You pursed your lips, grinning, and then you turned your gaze towards Yongguk. He gripped the steering wheel, he was focused on the road, he always was when he drove. He is a careful driver.

Yongguk wore black shades to prevent the strong sunrays from entering his eyes. And he looked quite good in shades.

Your eyes somehow wandered down to his plump lips, and you felt your cheeks heat up. It had been a week since he kissed you, and you still thought of it.

The memory was so vivid. You broke off the stare, when it dawned on you that you were ogling at him, again.

“Kwon?”

Yongguk suddenly called out your name, just a second after you looked away from him, and your body tensed up. Had he noticed you staring?

“Uh?” You tried not to sound anxious.

“Is there something that you want?” He asked.

“What do you mean?” You asked.

Good God, had he noticed you ogling at him? he probably had. You tensed up further, and blinked your eyes a couple of times, innocently.

“We are going to the city, do you need to get something, we can go shopping too?” He asked.

“We can do that another time.” You said and looked the other way.

You really wanted to shop, but shopping whilst having period, didn’t sound so fun, not right now. Yongguk nodded.

“What about Ki Joon, does he need some things?” Yongguk asked.

“Actually, now that I think about it, he does need some things.” You said.

“Like what?” He asked.

“More clothes and sandals.” You smiled, and he stared at you deeply.

“Clothes and sandals?” He repeated, and you nodded.

“It’s getting really warm these days.” You said.

“Well, then we have to go to the mall after lunch.” Yongguk said, and you nodded.

~❋~

As soon as you arrived at the place, you knew where you were. You had eaten here in the past, not too long ago. You wondered if that waitress still worked there and you scrunched your eyes.

“Do you remember this place, Ki Joon?” Yongguk asked, and the boy squealed.

Yongguk let out a low chuckle, making your eyes wander out to him, and then he took a hold of Ki Joon’s hand, and the two strode up to the restaurant, and you tagged along.

You gazed at their back views, and the corners of your lips slowly tugged upwards. They looked so much like father and son, which they are, but it was so sweet to see.

You reached your hand into your pocket, grabbed your phone, and switched on the camera. You made sure to remove the flashlight and sound. You didn’t want to get caught red handed by the two. It would ruin the perfect image.

Then you gazed at the two through the camera and took a quick shot of them. You grinned to yourself and placed your phone back, just in time, when Yongguk opened the door to the restaurant for you.

You met his gaze for a split second and looked the other way. Ki Joon was in front of you and you quickly grasped his hand. You led him to a table where you could sit. Yongguk followed, and you quickly found a spot.

Ki Joon sat down, and Yongguk sat near him. You gazed at the two boys for a second before you decided to pull out the chair next to Yongguk, and you sat down.

You were seated close to Yongguk, so close you could even smell his cologne. You bit onto your bottom lip and tried hard not to get distracted by how good he smelled.

You pushed your hair to the side, rubbed the back of your neck, because it was warm in the place, and you breathed deeply.

“Should we order something to drink first?” You heard Yongguk say and your eyes turned to him.

“Hmm?”

“Your face is red, Kwon.” He said with a frown.

“Uh.. It’s warm inside.” You said and cupped your cheeks.

You held in your gasp, when you felt how warm your face was. Your face was heating up, you furrowed your brows, scrunched your face, and sighed deeply. You tipped your head to the side, when Yongguk suddenly leaped in.

His hand moved up and he pressed his palm against your forehead, feeling your temperature, and you stiffened on the spot.

Then he slid his hand down the back of your neck, feeling your temperature there, and your body jerked.

“Stay still.” He ordered with his deep and powerful voice, making you follow his order like a puppet.

Your breathing hitched, when he slid his hand out front and to your collars. His hand laid there for a bit, and your heart began to race.

“You don’t have a fever. Why are you red?” He asked.

“I don’t know. Let’s order.” You hurriedly said and looked the other way, feeling your face heat up further.

Yongguk finally pulled his hand back, and you turned your attention to Ki Joon, who was eyeing the pair of you silently. You sat stiff, and your body was tense.

“Are you okay?” The little boy asked with a pout on his face, looking worried.

Your heart melted at his worried look. Ki Joon was just a little kid, but he had so many emotions and empathy. You finally relaxed and breathed deeply.

“Yes I am.” You said.

You gave him an assuring smile. You reached your hand out and ruffled his black silky locks, earning a soft giggle from him, and you pulled back.

A smile quickly formed on his face, and he looked happy again upon seeing your smile. You felt at ease, when he longer seemed worried.

“Are you ready to order?”

Your eyes flickered up at the waitress from the past, and you scrunched your eyes. Her eyes flickered from you to Yongguk immediately, and her eyes seemed to turn bigger.

“Yongguk? Oh my God, I haven’t seen you in ages. Why haven’t you stopped by?” She blurted out.

“I’ve been busy with work and I recently came back from a business trip.” Yongguk explained.

You lowered your gaze, but you could just hear the excitement in her tone, and she began to compliment Yongguk regarding his work, and how hard working he is.

“Ki Joon, you are getting bigger.” She burst out.

Your eyes instantly flickered up and to her. She was smiling at Ki Joon. You clenched your jaw and breathed sharply. She Ki Joon’s cheek, and he pulled back a little, getting shy. You looked back at her.

“We are ready to order.” You said, and she turned to look at you.

You hadn’t meant to sound so curt, and you looked at the waitress with a blank look. She blinked her eyes a couple of times, fluttering her lashes, and then she grabbed her pen.

“What would you like to order?” She finally asked.

You turned to look at Yongguk and you frowned. He was grinning from ear to ear. Was he that happy to see that girl?

He quickly fixed his posture, and his expression became serious. You gazed into his sharp and dark eyes as he spoke to the waitress.

She noted down your orders and took off after smiling to Yongguk. It was so evident that she was into him, and he was acting so cool about it.

“Is everything okay, Kwon?”

You looked up at Yongguk and he was eying you closely. You narrowed your eyes, staring into his deep ocean dark eyes.

“Why do you call Sera for Kwon?”

The question caught the pair of you off guard, and your eyes flickered to the kid in front of you, who had a clueless look on his face. <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter