Who Are You Tonight?

Twist Of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 31

Who Are You Tonight?

 

Stepping under the warm water felt quite nice and soothing. You closed your eyes, and you could feel your body slowly becoming weaker, and almost as light as feathers.

You breathed deeply, feeling your knees become soft like jelly, and you could barely stand on your feet.

You slid down the wet wall, sitting on the tiles. The warm water poured down upon you, soaking you up, and making you feel numb.

“Sera, are you okay in there?”

You had no idea how long you had stayed in the shower, but you jerked, staring up upon hearing the continuous bangs on the door.

You realized that you had fallen asleep on the floor. You were laying down, and the water was still running, pouring down on your body. The knock came again, and you looked at the door with half lidded eyes.

“Kwon, answer me?” Yongguk’s deep tone growled, forcing you to sit up.

“I’m okay.” You squeaked.

You got up on shaky legs and grabbed onto the iron bar of the shower head for balance. You gazed down, and the floor was moving underneath you.

You groaned, because your side felt sore. You must have been gone for long. You had never felt this way before, when you had drunk. You never got this drunk.

“What is this feeling?” You breathed shakily.

“Kwon.” Yongguk repeated.

“Yes?”

“Are you really okay?” He asked once more.

“I.. Uh.. um. I..” Your voice trailed off as you rubbed your thigh where it was sore, and you shook your head.

You blinked your eyes a couple of times and reminded yourself to take deep breaths. You had fallen asleep on the floor whilst the water was on, and that was probably why you felt so dizzy suddenly.

“Kwon, I will barge in, if you don’t answer me right now.” He growled.

“I am okay!” Your senses suddenly came back to you and your eyes widened.

“Don’t come in. I am .” You screamed.

“Sera?”

“Stay away, stay away!” You repeated in a frantic tone.

“Damn it. Calm down.”

You breathed deeply and stared at the door.

“Don’t come in.” You said in a softer tone.

“I am going down stairs, finish up already.” He groaned, and you could hear the sounds of his steps fading off in the corridor.

You sighed of relief once you could hear that he was gone. That was so close.

Once you had finished showering, brushing your teeth, and getting rid of the dirty smell of club on you, you finally felt refreshed.

But the pounding feeling in your head was still there and things were still spinning around you. You couldn’t understand how you could have fallen asleep on the hard tiles.

You wondered about how long you had been gone and shrugged. Nothing like that had ever happened to you. It felt so odd, but you let it slide.

You dressed into a silk dark- blue nightgown that went to your knees and put your black robe over it, tying the robes around your waist.

Then you entered the dark and empty hall. You headed towards Ki Joon’s room. You slowly opened the door, making sure the door didn’t make any creaking sound. You didn’t want to wake the boy up.

You peeped into the room, your eyes naturally wandered to the bed, and found him sleeping there. A small smile formed on your face, when you saw his angelic face.

It made you feel so much better to see him sleeping, looking like your sweet and innocent angel. You sighed of relief, and closed the door slowly and carefully.

Gentle, and slow music filled the kitchen. It was the sound of soul music. Your lips tugged into a smile and you grinned. Yongguk liked soul, and classic music. That was a pleasant surprise.

You stepped further into the place and your eyes instantly fell upon Yongguk. You stiffened, your feet got glued to the ground.

His broad back faced you, and he was cooking something on the stove. The kitchen was filed with an aroma of different ingredients, and it all smelled so wonderful. You wondered about what he was making.

For a moment, you stood still and stared at his back. How many times haven’t you already stared at him like this?

You watched how his hands moved swiftly, stirring whatever that was in the bowl, which you figured by now was soup. He looked like a pro, when he was cooking. Why did he look so cool? You shrugged.

You slowly strode to him, but his words made your steps halt, and your eyes widen. You felt your face heat up, and cheeks turn hot.

“Are you ?” He cut off the silence, and you frowned.

You could sense the little hint of mischievousness in his deep tone. The sarcasm was so evident. You rolled your eyes and made a face that he couldn’t see.

“Yes.” You said calmly, expecting him to laugh.

However, Yongguk turned around, and his eyes traveled down your body, scanning you from head to toe.

Instantly, you crossed your arms over your chest, out of instincts, although you were dressed. You stared into his deep eyes with your lips parted into an o.

“Liar.” He said, when he noticed that you were dressed.

“You turned around to look.” You hissed with a baffled look, and he bit on his bottom lip.

He was grinning at you so blatantly. You couldn’t believe the guts he had. He was so brazen. He turned around to stir the soup again.

He looked so calm and fazed. It made you wonder how he could look so calm, and cool, when your face was heating up.

Didn’t he care? Didn’t he think of you as a woman?

I forgot, he thinks that I am a potato.

“What if I was ?” You asked out of curiousity, narrowing your eyes.

There was a moment of silence, and the air felt thick, and cold around you. You could hear him stir the soup, and you watched his back in silence.

“Well, I guess I would have seen you , then.” He stated.

His deep tone was cool and unmoving. How bold could he get? You scrunched your nose. Your eyes wandered down, and you stared at your silk gown.

You were reminded of your morning suddenly, when you had worn a robe with nothing underneath. You shook your head, clearing off the thoughts. You were not .

Your head was spinning again, and you gripped your temples, and breathed out deeply. The dizziness came and went.

“But, I specifically told you not to walk around , didn’t I?” He reminded, and you rolled your eyes.

“I’ve never walked in this house.” You hissed.

“What are you wearing now?” He asked, and you frowned, feeling confused.

“A gown.”

“A gown.” He repeated, his voice was so cool, and unmoving like a mountain. A shudder ran down your spine, and you suddenly shivered.

“Yes.” You breathed out.

“Are you under that like you were this morning?” He asked with an unmoving tone. His back was still facing you and he was stirring the soup, so casually.

That damned toad!

You gazed on the island and grabbed the first thing that you could reach, which you could toss at the back of his head.

You stared down at the soft item in your hand and stiffened. It was a damn banana from the fruit bowl.

A banana, really, Sera?

You glared at the useless fruit. It would probably just smash against his arrogant-rock- hard head, but that didn’t seem as an entirely bad idea. Maybe the banana could squash on him.

The corner of your lip curved up and your eyes beamed of deviousness. You reached your hand up slowly, narrowing your eyes, finding your aim, ready to toss it.

1

2

3

“Sit down.” He ordered right away, not bothering to reply you.

You tensed up, and quickly moved your hand down, hiding the banana behind your back. Yongguk turned around and glanced at you quickly.

You stared at him with a normal expression. He furrowed his brows and turned his attention back to his soup.

Did he know? He didn’t possibly know. You shook you head and gathered yourself. You lost your opportunity. But you knew what to do next time now. You grinned.

“You are too precious to be used against that toad.” You whispered to the sweet fruit before putting it back in the fruit bowl.

“What are you saying?” He sighed.

“Nothing of your concern.” You lied.

You walked up to his side and stared into the boiling pot. You breathed deeply, inhaling the aroma of the ingredients.

You could spot peppers, champignons, and other veggies. Your stomach tied of knots. The hunger was kicking in. You hadn’t eaten for hours. Not even a snack. It was so unlike you. You needed food now.

“Smells good.” You hummed.

“Yeah, you too.” He said nonchalantly.

You stiffened, and glanced up, meeting his coal dark gaze. You blinked your eyes once, twice, three times, and he suddenly leaned down to you, in the blink of an eye.

You breathed deeply, trying your best to not look affected by his words or the sudden closeness. But he was moving closer to you, very slowly.

You could feel your muscles in your legs tense, and you suddenly felt weak in your knees. It was unusual. He stood too close.  

“What is this scent, Kwon?” He asked, and his voice deepened, and he leaned even closer.

You blinked your eyes a couple of times, and you couldn’t break off the gaze. This reminded you of your incidents in the morning. This was the second time he said this, that you smell good.

You stood still again, feeling immovable. Your heart thudded against your chest, acting odd.

“Huh?” You breathed deeply.

Damn it, why can’t I speak suddenly?

He narrowed his eyes, seemingly examining you. His eyes started from the top of your head. Your hair was still wet, wavy and tangled now. Your hair was dripping.

His eyes wandered further down. You wore a silk dress to your knees, and slippers. A shudder ran down your spine, when you noticed how he was looking at you. Suddenly the place felt cold, and you shivered.

“You are still drunk.” He said, as his eyes flickered up, meeting your gaze.

“Stop mocking me now. I’m not drunk.” You groaned, and he laughed.

His sweet laugh echoed in the place, making your heart skip a beat, and you gazed into his eyes, trying hard not to smile. Damn him. Curse him. He had to have such a sweet smile.

You felt the corner of your lip twitch as you fought to not smile. You wondered how he could have such a sweet laugh, when his voice was as deep as the ocean, and his eyes dark coal.

“Where are you going?” He asked, when you walked off.

“To get my phone.” You said in a small tone, running away.

By the time you came back with your phone, Yongguk was still in the kitchen. However, he wasn’t alone this time. He had company.

He rocked back, and forth with the soft- brown poodle in his arms. The dog leaned into him, snuggling into his neck.

Its eyes were droopy, and it looked tired, and sleepy. But it looked so comfortable in his arms. It looked like it was the best place to be, in Yongguk’s arms.

It was happening again, your heart acted abnormal, and raced faster. What was this feeling? It felt like jealousy to you.

I’m not jealous of a dog! Absolutely not!

“Come and eat.” He broke out.

You walked up to the island, and sat down on one of the barstools, facing him. Yongguk turned to look at you, and you had tied your hair up in a messy bun now.

Loose, and wet locks of hair fell in front of your eyes, and you pushed the locks back swiftly. But they only got in the way again, so you let it be. You couldn’t be bothered with fixing your hair right now. You sighed deeply.

Yongguk’s gaze lingered on you, watching you remove your hair from your eyes, and you puffed your cheeks out.

You looked slightly bothered by it, but it only lasted a few seconds. Then you let your hair fall over your face, leaving it there.

Your heart began to hammer. You could feel those dark eyes on you, and a heat of wave rushed over you. You glanced up, and sure enough, his eyes were on you.

You caught him looking at you. Somehow that made your face heat up. He stared into your eyes so intently again, not breaking off the gaze. You couldn’t look away either. Your breathing became low.

You felt your heart pound against your chest now. It thudded so hard that it almost felt painful. His eyes were so strong, sharp, and pulling. But you couldn’t read his expression. He looked hard and rigid as stone.

Tigger just rested into him, snuggling with him, and then he gave Tigger a kiss on its head whilst he looked at you.

His eyes were still locked with yours, when he kissed his dog. He looked so calm when he was showering Tigger with so much love and affection, as though affection and love are some qualities he possessed and could easily display. But only to his dog, and Ki Joon, of course. No one else.

Lucky Tigger.

The audacity Bang Yongguk had to kiss his dog like that in front of you. What was he up to? Could he see that you were jealous? But was he doing this on purpose?

Snap out of it, Sera. Why would he do such a thing. This is Bang Yongguk. He doesn’t play such stupid idiotic games. You are totally drunk. You dummy!

You placed your phone on the table, grabbed a bowl, and poured soup in it, before you got caught red handed in staring at him. You already felt enough embarrassed for tonight. Your lips moved as you muttered a silent curse.

Yongguk continued rocking Tigger back and forth, as though it was a baby, but it was technically his baby. He treated the fluffy fur ball as his little baby.

They were so cute. It was so cute to watch how he kissed and nuzzled his dog. You wanted to squeal.

Your heart suddenly felt warm, and wobbly. Your head was spinning again, and you sighed deeply, feeling woozy.

What is with me? I must have lost my brain at the club.

“How is the soup?” He asked, snapping you out of your reverie.

“Really good.” You moaned softly, and took another sip of it.

Yongguk stared at you, as he continued rocking Tigger. He finally walked up to the island, and your eyes flickered up, following him.

“How do you know to make this?” You asked.

“What do you think?” A coy grin formed on his face as he stared into your eyes, and you scrunched your face.

Of course! Bang Yongguk has been to clubs before. Why did I even ask such a dumb question!

You wondered how often Yongguk got drunk, how he looked when he was drunk, and did he dance with any girls? Did he hook up with women? The latter part made your eyes widen a tiny bit.

You shook your head at the thought of it, and you felt your guts turn, and twist at the unwanted images that formed in your mind.

You clenched your fists. You couldn’t imagine him with a woman, doing certain things. You wanted to erase those unwanted images from your mind.

You shuddered suddenly and made a jolt. It was a damn strong shudder. Suddenly you felt something soft and smooth lay at your back, and you glanced to your side.

You tugged on the blanket before it slid down your shoulder and to the floor. Yongguk gazed at you. He was standing beside you.

Your eyes trailed up to his deep ocean eyes that captured yours. He stood still, staring into your eyes for a second, and then he took off with Tigger.

“What was that?” You whispered and stared at the blanket that he had put on you.

Nonetheless, you wrapped the soft material around you, warming in it. It was kind of him to give you a blanket. It made you feel warm inside.

Could he tell that you froze? You wondered. You pursed your lips and grinned.

You froze, when you could smell his cologne from the blanket. You scrunched your nose, inhaling his strong scent. It smelled nice, and manly just like him, and you sighed softly.

“Oh God.” You groaned.

What am I doing? You shrugged.

~❋~

By the time you had finished the soup, you felt a bit better. The dizziness was still there, and you were still feeling so weak, but you were alright.

Your eyes scanned the place. Yongguk was still nowhere to be seen. You pursed your lips and huffed.

You left your bowl in the sink and walked off. The hall was pitch dark, and you hated walking upstairs in darkness.

You always feared that a ghost or demon would grab onto your leg and drag you down to nothingness.

Totally dramatic. But the thoughts somehow felt so real right now. Your heart began to race faster. You didn’t know why you were getting such stupid thoughts in your head. This house was just so big and dark right now.

“Ghosts don’t exist.” You told yourself to calm down, and giggled.

“Ghost do exist!” You screamed a moment after.

Naturally, your steps increased, as the pointless scary thoughts filled your mind. You rushed up, and towards the corridor as fast as you could with your momentarily weakened legs.

You had no idea where the strength came from, maybe it was because your adrenaline was skyrocketing.

Suddenly the door to Yongguk’s room opened, and the light from his room illuminated the hall. He stepped out. Your eyes widened of horror. It was too late to stop your feet from running. To late to prevent it.

Unfortunately, he stepped out of his room at the wrong timing. You ran straight into him, practically bumped into his solid chest, that must be made of bricks, because it hurt like hell.

“Ouch!” You screamed.

He felt so hard, and you felt the knock quite hard. You fell to the floor in a loud thud. It was like you had run into a brick wall.

Damn that toad of a man!

“What are you doing, Kwon?” He groaned as he stared down at you.

But you were laying on the floor. You groaned aloud, and covered your face. Not again. You whined. This was too much. You would never drink again.

You couldn’t face him, and you knew he had a grin on his face. Your face was heating up, your blood boiled, and you felt so flustered.

“Are you still tipsy?” He asked.

You sighed deeply, and reached your hand out to him without looking at him. But he remained still, staring down at you like a statue.

You blinked your eyes a couple of times, waiting for him to give his hand to you. But that didn’t seem to happen either.

You let out a dramatic sigh and touched your nose to feel if it was broken. It seemed fine, thankfully. You sighed of relief.

“Are you made of stone or what?” You hissed as you stared up at him.

The dimmed light in the hall illuminated his hard features, and his sharp eyes. Maybe you could just stay on the floor and stare at his face all night. No, that would be a bad idea.

“You want to hold my hand now?” He hissed, and you rolled your eyes.

“Yongguk.” You warned.

Yongguk finally stretched his hand out, grabbed yours, and pulled you up from the floor. You fixed your posture and looked at him.

You bit on your bottom lip and gave him a small smile. You could feel your face heating up, the blood in your cheeks felt warm.

“Why were you running?” He asked, and his eyes narrowed slightly.

“I was scared.” You said in a small tone,

You looked the other way and at the stairs. It was completely dark, and it felt like the darkness was getting closer to you, and you tensed up.

“Of what?” He asked, and you shrugged without looking at him.

“Kwon?” He breathed deeply.

“The ghosts.” You said, in a whisper as terror filled your eyes upon saying the words aloud, and you met his sharp eyes.

He ran his hand down the length of his face, and sighed deeply, sounding tired, and you made a face at him. What did he think of you? ghosts really exist! You wanted to punch his handsome face.

“This just goes to show that you should never drink again.” He said in a tired, and yet harsh tone.

“Don’t act like you are my boss!” You snarled at him.

Suddenly, Yongguk pushed you against the wall, and he covered your mouth with his hand. Your eyes widened of surprise, and he leaned down to you in the blink of an eye. He was hairs breath away.

Your heart began to race fast, running off its track. You could hear the thudding sound of your heartbeat in your ears. Your heart wasn’t prepared, and now it acted weird again.

“Shh, Kwon. You’ll wake the kid. It took me more than an hour to tuck him to bed, because he couldn’t fall asleep without you.” He said. His tone was low, and hard.

Your eyes softened, when you thought of your sweet little boy. Ki Joon couldn’t sleep without you. You felt your heart rip into tiny pieces now.

His hand was still on your mouth, keeping you quiet, and he breathed deeply. “He was worried for you.” He added.

That broke your heart completely. Was he saying this on purpose to make you feel bad? It hurt so much.

“Yon.. Ummff.. hmmpppff.”

You tried to speak, but you let out incoherent words instead, because his hand was still on your mouth. His palm felt hot now, because you breathed against it.

Again, that same warm tingling feeling formed inside your stomach, coiling up within you. His hand was on your mouth, touching your lips.

His dark eyes bore into yours, consuming you slowly. Your body relaxed, and you seemed to ease up now.

“Don’t ever leave again like that. You made us worried.” He finished, and you mumbled again.

But the words couldn’t come out of your mouth properly. You rolled your eyes, and he finally pulled his hand back. You heaved after air, and stared into his darkened eyes.

“Don’t say that. I’ll cry.”

You felt your eyes moisten, and you blinked your eyes a couple of times, getting rid of the tears that threatene

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter