Paying Back A Debt

Twist Of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 28

Paying Back A Debt

 

The room was quiet, dark and still, but a small light entered the room through the curtains, telling you that it was already morning. You had to be up. You needed to make breakfast for Ki Joon, send him off to kindergarten and get ready for work.

But you felt a crushing pain on the side of your head, a deep pounding feeling. Your legs felt sore and numb. You were quivering as though you had just walked out of a cold pool.

“Why now?” You muttered in a low and dry tone.

You hated getting sick, you felt so weak and helpless. Besides you had things to do, chores to make, and you needed to take care of Ki Joon. You needed to get to work, but you just couldn’t get your feet out of the bed.

You tugged on the duvet, pulling it further up, and hiding under it. You felt so cold somehow, and you closed your eyes, feeling a cold shudder pass down your spine.

Just when you were about to fall back to sleep, it knocked on your door, and you slowly lifted your eyelids. You groaned quietly.

“Kwon, I gave Ki Joon breakfast, so you can drop him off at the kindergarten.” Yongguk announced from the hall.

You gulped hard, and scrunched your face. You tried to lean up, but your body felt weak. You cursed beneath your breath. Thankfully you managed to get up from the bed, and walk to your door.

You would ask Yongguk to take the boy to the kindergarten this morning, and then you would meet in later for work.

You opened your door, and looked up, weakly. Your eyes were half-lidded, and you breathed heavily. You were trembling, and shivering.

Yongguk was dressed, and seemed to be leaving for work. However, he froze when he saw your pale face, and sweaty skin. You looked horrible, to say it mildly, you looked like a ghost.

“Yongguk?” You called in a dry tone, and you clutched onto his shirt as you lost the balance in your legs.

In a matter of a second, his arms were around your slender waist, and he pulled you into him. He acted so fast. You buried your face into his warm chest, and breathed deeply, holding him securely onto his shirt.

“What the hell, Kwon. You are trembling, and you are cold.” He hissed in a low tone.

You didn’t respond, and clutched onto his shirt tightly. Your legs felt weak like noodles, and you were shaking.

You gasped, when he placed his palm over your forehead, feeling your temperature. His hand felt cold and soothing against your burning skin.

“You are heating up.” He said in a deep tone.

“I have to get to work, can you.. can.. take Ki Joon.. to his kindergarten?” You asked in a trembling tone.

Yongguk’s posture tensed, his eyes darkened and his eyes narrowed slightly. He breathed deeply, as he stared into your big brown eyes.

“You are not going anywhere, woman.” He raised his tone, sounding alarming.

“I have to.” You said in a quiet tone.

“Get back in bed.” He ordered.

You shook your head, letting go of his shirt, and you pulled back. “I’ll be fine in a bit.” You said, trying to sound sure.

Yongguk sighed deeply, and then you tried to walk past him, but he quickly gripped your forearm, making your steps halt. You sighed, shakily, and looked up at him. You met his darkened and deep gaze.

You let out a squeal, when your feet no longer touched the ground, and he carried you in a bridal-style. Your eyes widened, and your heart began to race rapidly.

“Yongguk.” You whined, but he ignored you.

He led you back to your bed, and you soon met your soft covers and cushions that were still so warm and cozy.

You sighed deeply, when you pulled the covers back up, feeling defeated by this illness, and stubborn man in front of you. It was useless to fight.

“Don’t move. I’ll be back after sending the kid to kindergarten.” He ordered, and then he hurried out of your room before you could reply.

You heard him call for Ki Joon in the hall, and you closed your eyes, sighing deeply. You could never fight with that stubborn man. Slowly, you let the tiredness take a hold of you, and you fell asleep.

By the time that you woke up, you could smell something really sweet in your room. It was the scent of waffles and strawberry jam, and coffee. The delicious scent filled the room, and teased your senses.

You slowly lifted your eyelids, and looked on your nightstand. Your eyes widened, when you saw the plate with the delicious breakfast. You stared at it for a while, wondering whether you were dreaming, and your mouth watered.

Then your door opened and the strong light from the hall entered the room, and you groaned. Your eyes got blinded by the light.

You quickly covered your face with your palm, when you saw Yongguk in front of you. You fell back in bed, and hid under the covers.

Suddenly, you were aware of your own horrible state, and you didn’t want him to see you in this condition.

You didn’t know why, but you were feeling so embarrassed, and you wanted to dig and hole, jump in it and never come out again.

You had no idea about how you looked, but you were certain that you looked like a dead fish right now. You made a face, and groaned in a quiet voice.

“What are you doing?” Yongguk asked, sounding confused by your sudden odd behavior.

You slid out of your bed, whilst covering your face with your hand. You hurried out of your room as fast as you could.

You hadn’t expected for this to happen. You squealed, when you slid across the floor, but you quickly got back up on your weak legs.

“I need to shower.” You shouted from the hall, and you could hear his footsteps approach.

You slammed the door to the bathroom, and locked it quickly. Then you stepped in front of the long mirror above the sink to examine yourself.

You gasped aloud, eyes widened, and you stared at yourself in disbelief. You had dark bags under your eyes, your hair was tangled and everywhere, and your lips were dry.

“.” You cussed.

Yongguk saw you like this. He really saw you like this. Oh Lord. You whined quietly, and gripped your head.

This was the downside of living with an incredibly handsome and attractive man, who had the hottest and deepest voice you had ever heard. You shook your head.

“Why do I care so much?”

You grabbed your toothpaste and toothbrush. Then you stepped under the shower head after getting undressed. You brushed your teeth in the shower, and closed your eyes.

As soon as the warm water touched your body, you gave under to it. You sat down on the tiles, bent your knees, and hid your face as the water rushed down your back.

You breathed deeply, calming down at the feel of the warm water on your skin. You tried not to think about the fact that Yongguk saw you when you looked like a mess.

All of a sudden, it knocked on the door, and you stared out. You blinked a couple of times. Then it knocked again.

“Kwon, come out and eat.” Yongguk said in a determined tone.

“I have to shower first.” You said in a quiet tone.

“Alright. Don’t faint in there, okay?” He said in a low tone, and he sounded different somehow.  

“I’m okay.” You lied.

You grabbed the shampoo bottle with shaking hands, and began to rub your scalp with it as the water hit you. Once you were done washing your hair and body, you couldn’t come up from the floor. You felt too tired and drained.

The water continued falling down upon you, and you had to come out of the shower, before your skin turned as dry as raisins. Your body felt weak, and you put the bathrobe on, and wrapped the robes around your waist, and tightened them. You opened the door, and stared out.

Yongguk sat down, leaning against the wall, outside the bathroom door. You closed the door, and breathed shakily. You stared down at him, and you pressed your back against the bathroom door.

He quickly got up on his feet, when he saw you, and just in the right time, when your knees lost their strength. You fell into his arms.

Yongguk quickly pulled you up in his arms, and took you back to your room. “You could have waited with that shower.” He said in a deep tone, sounding mad.

“I look horrible.” You said.

“But you are sick, Kwon.” He hissed.

Yongguk put you down on the edge of the bed, and you gazed down on your lap. Your wet hair was dripping down your back, and your front.

“I have to get dressed.” You said in a quiet tone.

“I’ll turn my back around, but I am not leaving you alone.” He stated in a clear and deep tone.

Before you could protest, he walked off and opened your drawers, looking for your clothes. Your cheeks heated up, when he pulled out the drawer to your underwear, accidentally.

Yongguk stared up, and in a quick move he pulled out a pair of black underwear and bra. He tossed it back to you.

“Don’t look.” You warned in a panicked tone.

“I’m not.” He said, dryly, and he mumbled something underneath his breath. His tone was dry and deeper.

Then he tossed your pajama to you, and you gazed up at him.

“Close your eyes.” You said.

He breathed deeply, and you pursed your lips.

“I mean it.” You warned.

“I’m not looking, Kwon. Get dressed. The food will get cold again.” He said in a tired tone.

You began to get dressed whilst his back faced you, and you were trying to be quick, although your hands were shaking slightly. You bit on your bottom lip. You slid into your underwear, and pulled your pants on.

“Did you heat up the food?” You asked.

“Yeah, and I had to make new coffee, because you suddenly decided to shower.” He groaned.

“Sorry.” You said in a small tone, and you heard him breathe deeply.

“Where is Ki Joon?” You continued.

“Kindergarten.” He said, dryly.

“Are you done?” He asked after a moment.

You were clasping the buttons on your bra, and your eyes widened.

“Don’t turn around.” You screamed, startling him.

“I wasn’t about to turn, woman.” He hissed.

“Okay.” You said in a quiet tone, getting embarrassed, and you pulled your blouse on.

“I’m done. You can.. turn.” You finished, your voice was quiet, and your throat was dry.

You met his deep gaze, as soon as he turned around and faced you. You pulled your hair out of your blouse and shook it. His jaw was clenched, and he breathed deeply.

You were shaking and freezing. He sighed deeply, feeling helpless. You crawled back in bed, and he quickly walked up to your side.

“Eat up and take your medicine.” He ordered.

You hadn’t seen Yongguk act this way before. He was so demanding, and stubborn, but you kind of liked this side to him.

Yongguk seemed different, or maybe it was yet another part of him that you hadn’t seen before. Nevertheless, he had so many surprising sides to him.

He placed the plate on your lap, and you looked down upon the delicious waffles with jam, and your mouth watered once again.

“Did you make this?” You asked, and he chuckled, finally.

He shook his head, and looked into your eyes, and you stared back. He was smiling, his smile reached to his eyes.

“I bought it.” He said, surprising you. “I don’t know how to make waffles.” He added further, and laughed.

“When did you buy it?” You asked, ignoring how he smiled so sweetly suddenly, and you took a piece of waffle up to your mouth.

“After I dropped off Ki Joon to his kindergarten.” He replied, and you nodded. That made sense.

“Thank you. It’s really good.” You said in a small tone, making him look you in the eyes.

“Finish up and get some rest. I’ll call your work and tell them that you are sick.” He said, and you looked up at him as he stood up from your bed.

You had finished the food, and taken the medicine, when Yongguk returned. The covers were covering your body, but you couldn’t stop shaking. You felt so cold somehow. You hated this feeling.  

“Your workplace asked who I was, so.. I said I was your boyfriend.” He said as he walked up to you.

You coughed, and stared up at him. “You did what?” You asked with wide eyes, and he grinned back at you so bashfully.

“I didn’t know what else to say.” He admitted, and he didn’t hide his grin.

“Oh, they will all tease me now once I come back.” You groaned, and tugged on the covers, still shaking.

He narrowed his eyes, and furrowed his brows, when he saw you quiver. Then he took off his jacket, and you stared up at him, feeling confused. Yongguk walked around the bed and to the other side. You turned around and looked at him.

“Wh-what, are you doing?” You stuttered.

You gasped, when he slid in your cover, and pulled up to you. In a matter of a second, your back was pressed against his front.

“You are shaking.” He said in a low and worried tone.

“Ye-yes. I’m co-cold.” You said, because that was the obvious reason.

Your entire body tensed up, when he pulled you in so close you could feel the heat emit his body and onto you.

Gosh, it felt oh-so good. He was so warm, and you were freezing so much. You wanted to feel his heat.

“Yongguk?” You whispered.

“Shh, Kwon. Let me hold you.” He said in small whisper against your ear.

You shuddered, when his warm breath danced down your skin. You gulped hard, but you could feel his heat against your back.

“Calm down, woman. You are shaking like crazy.” He grunted in a mad tone now.

You breathed deeply and closed your eyes. You tried to relax, but it was so hard, because he was hugging you from behind. You were tense, and yet you were trembling all at once. You could feel his solid chest against your back.

You couldn’t tell if it was your fever that made you tremble now or the fact that Yongguk was trying to make your body warm with his. He was so perfect. You decided to not think about anything at all. You closed your eyes, and moved back, closer to him.

“You feel so warm.” You said in a small tone without thinking before talking.

“Yeah. Then let me hold you.” He said in his deep tone.

You nodded, and then he moved his hand out front, and you breathed in shakily, when he wrapped his arm around your slender waist. His hand rested on your stomach, and your muscles tensed automatically.

“Why are you doing this to me?” You found yourself asking that aloud.

“Because I want to.” He said, and he tugged you closer into him.

“And I owe you. You took care of me too, when I got sick, remember?” He reminded you.

“Right.” You said in a quiet tone.

“I’m paying back my debt.” He chuckled, and you rolled your eyes at his last comment.

You shuddered, when he your arms, making your skin warmer, and you closed your eyes. Your body began to slowly heat up, and you were relaxing, finally.

“Thank you. It feels nice.” You confessed.

Yongguk let out a low chuckle. “You can be really cute sometimes.” He said.

“Uh?”

“Like, that for example.” He added with a low chuckle that made your heart race somehow. Then he moved his hand further down your arm.

Suddenly his fingers trailed your curve, staring from your arm, down your waist, to your hip, and he finally laid his hand on your round hip.

“Get some sleep, before Ki Joon comes home.” He said, and you nodded.

You were suddenly aware of the fact that the pair of you were alone together for the first time without Ki Joon.

“Why haven’t you gone to work?” You asked.

“I am staying home today.” He said.

Then you turned around and looked up at him, because you knew that he was supposed to be at work. You furrowed your brows, and he looked back into your eyes.

You froze for a moment, when you realized that you laid close next to him. You blinked a couple of times, and broke off the gaze.

“You have to work.” You said as you stared off into the room.

“Woman. I can work at home. I told you, I won’t leave you alone.” He said.

“Why not?” You suddenly asked.

Your eyes flickered back to his, and you quickly realized that he was staring into your eyes, so deeply. Your cheeks heated up.

“I don’t want to.” He said in a low tone, and he gazed down into your deep brown eyes.

“Besides, I’m the CEO. I decide when I want to work.” He added with a grin.

“Now, quit being so hard, and sleep.” He hissed, and you giggled upon seeing him get agitated.

“What now?” He asked, and you shook your head.

You turned around, making your back face him once again. He hissed deeply, because you ignored him now.

“Why did you laugh?” He asked, determined to get the answer out of you.

“Because you can be cute too, at times.” You said, using his words against him.

“I’m not cute.” He said in a low tone, sounding serious.

Your eyes were closing on you, and you were getting sleepy. “Shh.” You shushed him.

“Please.” You said in a small tone.

“Please what?” He asked.

Your cheeks heated up, and you chewed on your bottom lip. “Hold me again.” You said in a quiet tone, because he had somehow let go of you.

“What?” He pretended not to hear.

“Please hold me again.” You said in a clearer tone.

You shut your eyes tightly, when you felt his hand move back around you, and his familiar heat laid against your back, making you soothe up.

You accidentally hummed aloud of the pleasing feeling. Your cheeks heated up, and you scrunched your nose, although he couldn’t see your face. You knew you were red.

Suddenly, you felt his chest vibrate against your back, and you frowned. He was laughing. He was so brazen.

You groaned quietly, making him chuckle further. Then his sweet laughter died out. Your eyes closed, and you breathed deeply, falling asleep.

Yongguk’s arms were wrapped tightly around you, and you felt warm now that he was holding onto you.

You slowly lifted your eyelids, and gazed out on the clock at your nightstand. Your eyes widened. It was past one pm.

“Yongguk?” You called out in a surprised tone, and he mumbled tiredly.

You looked down and noticed that he was still holding you so securely, and into him. Your cheeks flushed up.

You tried to pull his hands away, but he somehow tightened his grip, making it hard for you to get free from his tight hold. You laid back, defeated and groaned. 

“Yongguk, it’s late now. Ki Joon needs to be picked up soon.” You said.

He didn’t respond, and you turned around, and looked up at his sleeping face. He had fallen asleep with you.

He looked so peaceful. You didn’t want to wake him up from his sleep. He was breathing deeply. his lips were slightly parted, and he looked kind of cute. He actually looked really cute. Way too cute.

You wondered whether he had slept well last night or not, since he was sleeping this time. You sighed deeply, and slid out of the bed.

You took another shower, and got dressed. You were feeling better thanks to the medicine Yongguk gave you.

The house was awfully quiet, and you hadn’t been home alone ever since Ki Joon began in kindergarten. It felt weird.

You took a sip of your coffee, and had a bite of your sandwich whilst you sat on the kitchen stool. You sighed deeply, and pushed your hair back.

It was almost two pm, and Ki Joon needed to be picked up from kindergarten. Yongguk was still asleep, and you didn’t know what to do. You weren’t feeling that well to drive.

You grabbed your phone out of your pocket and dialed your best friend. A few seconds later, he picked up the call.

His familiar deep and happy tone made you smile, although it felt like your body was about to fall apart.

“Taec.” You said in a soft, yet small and dry tone.

“What’s wrong, Sera? You sound sick.” He said in a worried tone, quickly catching onto it.

“I am sick.” You said in a sad tone, and whined.

“What is it, where are you?” He asked fast.

“I’m home. Can you do me a favor?” You asked.

“Yeah, sure, anything.” He said in a clear tone.

“Ki Joon is at his kindergarten, and needs to be picked up soon. Can you please bring him home?” You asked in a small tone.

“Of course, sweetness.” He said.

“Thank you.” You sighed tiredly.

“It’s okay.” He said quickly.

“I’ll call his kindergarten and let them know that you will pick him up. I’ll send you the address.” You added, and he cooed back.

“I miss you, Sera.” He suddenly said.

There was a moment of silence.

“I miss you too.” You said.

“Why can’t Yongguk pick him up?” He asked.

“He’s asleep. I don’t feel like waking him up.” You admitted.

“Oh.” He said, and suddenly became quiet.

“Call me, when you pick him up, please.” You said, and he agreed, before you hung up the call.

~❋~

You heard the doorbell, and you instantly got up from the couch. It had only been thirty minutes since you had called Taecyeon, and asked him to pick up Ki Joon.

Yongguk hadn’t come out of your room since you woke up, hence you figured that he was still asleep. He must be tired as well.

Your head felt dizzy, the moment you stood up, and you cussed beneath your breath. Then you headed to the door.

Ki Joon looked up at you with a big smile on his face, and he was eating ice cream. You smiled upon seeing the kid.

No matter what, he always brought a smile to your face. your heart melted, when you saw the happy look on his face.

“Hi sweetheart, how are you, and how was kindergarten?” You asked, forgetting about your friend in front of you.

“It was fun.” He beamed, and entered the house.

“Thanks for asking.” Taecyeon muttered, making you finally look at him.

“I’m sorry, how are you?” You asked in a weak tone as your eyes flickered to him.

He shook his head, and smiled widely. “I was joking. You don’t look so well. You should rest.” He said in a worried tone.

You didn’t want to send him away so quickly. He had done a good favor for you, and you hadn’t seen him in a while either.

Becoming a mother suddenly meant that you didn’t have much free time to see your friends. It was a tough job, although you loved it.

“Please come inside, and have some tea or coffee.” You said, and he chuckled as he stepped inside the house.

“I want coffee, you know that.” He said, and you nodded whilst laughing.

Ki Joon seemed to be a bit hyper as he was jumping around in the open room whilst eating his ice cream.

“Uncle Taecyeon brought me ice cream.” He exclaimed, ecstatic, and the chocolate scone.

“He likes chocolate just like his mommy.” Taecyeon grinned whilst looking at you, and you laughed in return.

The two of you went to the kitchen, and you se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter