Sharing Little Pieces

Twist Of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 25

Sharing Little Pieces 

 

The dining table was already set, and you waited for Yongguk to show up. Your mother left the kitchen, and you stood in front of the counter, drinking some water.

It had been minutes now, since your father took off with Yongguk. Ki Joon was in the living room, playing around with your brother and bonding.

Ki Joon did well without your presence, and seemed to be comfortable with your brother, which made you feel relieved.

Your brother was quite playful, and teased Ki Joon, and that brought them closer. The two seemed to be having fun on their own. It made you happy to see Ki Joon get along with your family. It meant a lot, as they would be a part of his life as well. The thought of it put a smile on your face.

You placed the empty glass down on the counter, and sighed deeply. Suddenly you felt someone press you against the counter, and your heart dropped to your guts.

His manly scent filled your nostrils and you breathed deeply, but instantly regretted it, as his scent overwhelmed your senses. You could feel the heat from his body radiate against your back. 

Then he placed his hands on the counter, at each your sides, and leaned further in. You stood still, unable to move, as you felt his front against your back. Your heart pounded against your chest.

Your breath got caught in your throat, when he nuzzled into your neck, and you felt his lips on your warm skin.

“What are you doing?” You asked, in a quiet tone.

“Shh, your mother is behind us, she’s watching.” He whispered in your ear.

“I said no skinship.” You warned him.

You were about to pull away, but he quickly wrapped his arms around your waist. He pulled you closer into him, locking you in his tight hold. You let out a small gasp of surprise, and stiffened in his embrace. You didn’t know what to do, and you felt like some mice that got trapped.

You felt his firm chest pressed against your back, and he had a secure grip around you, making sure you couldn’t escape from him. Your heart began to race faster, and you shut your eyes tightly.

Yongguk glanced down at you, and a smirk formed on his face, when he saw you close your eyes. He leaned down further to you. His nose brushed down your cheek, and you inhaled shakily.

“I didn’t get to kiss you before.” He reminded you. His tone was somehow deeper and he sounded huskier.  

He spoke in a low tone, and he sounded quite hot, you had to admit. His deep tone was alluring. Your heart began to race faster.

“You did.” You said in a small tone.

He let out a low and sweet chuckle. “You think kissing your cheek counts as a kiss?” He asked, and you nodded, but you knew that really wasn’t true. You were just a chicken.

“It doesn’t. Let me show you what a real kiss is.” He purred against your ear.

You wondered about what had gotten into him, but then you remembered that it was all just an act, that your mother was watching, and suddenly your heart sank to your guts. All of it was fake.

His breath danced down your skin, and you shuddered. His deep tone made you feel shaky inside. Although it was an act, you couldn’t find yourself to stop him.

Then he suddenly spun you around so that you faced him. Instinctively, your body tensed, and you kept your eyes closed, in fear of meeting his gaze.

You could feel and sense him getting closer to you, and then you felt his nose brush yours. You didn’t know why, but you were unable to move.

It was as though your feet got glued to the floor. Your heart raced so fast, it threatened to escape from you. You hoped that he couldn’t hear your heart beating so fast.

He remained still, and you had your arms up at your chest, and clutched your fists. Was he really going to kiss you? You felt so nervous.

However, he suddenly let out a low chuckle. “Open your eyes, Kwon.” He said.

You furrowed your brows, and opened your eyes slowly. Your eyes quickly examined the place, and you noticed that it was empty.

“I was just messing with you, dummy.” He chuckled.

“Screw you.” You fired back, and he stiffened, when he saw anger in your eyes.

You brushed his shoulder when you walked past him. “Kwon.” He shouted, surprised to see you get angry, but you ignored him.

He crossed the line this time. But you didn’t know why you got upset over that, when it was just an act, or was he just teasing you? either way, you felt frustrated.

When you entered the living room, you saw Ki Joon, who sat on Hyuk’s lap, and the two were playing a game on PlayStation.

Yongguk suddenly stopped beside you, and you ignored him.

“Sera? I was just joking.” He said.

You rolled your eyes. “Whatever, Bang.”

In that moment, your parents entered the room. “Let’s have dinner now.” Your mother announced.

“But, we aren’t done with the game yet.” Hyuk groaned.

“Shut off the game. You can play it after.” You snapped, and everyone looked at you with a surprised face.

“Why are you getting mad at me?” Hyuk groaned with a frown.

“I’m not mad.” You said, trying to sound calm.

Suddenly, Yongguk placed his hand on your back, and you felt his palm brush down to your lower back. A wave of calmness rushed over you, when he your back, so gently.

“Let’s go in and eat, sweetness.” He said softly.

“Ki Joon, come. You can play the game after dinner.” You said, in a small tone, hoping that you didn’t sound affected in any way.

Yongguk gazed out on the boy, and he quickly ran up to Yongguk. You wondered about how Yongguk managed to piss you off one moment, and then make you calm down again, so fast.

Everyone headed to the dining area, and you followed along. You hadn’t been this confused in a while. You wanted to groan of the amount of frustration Bang Yongguk caused you.

Your parents seated together, and you expected Ki Joon to sit with you, but he took the seat next to Hyuk.

You smiled at the two, glad to see them bonding, and you took a seat as well. Just as you sat down, Yongguk took the empty seat next to you.

You decided not to think too much, or you tried to. You were used to Yongguk’s prankster side, but lately, you didn’t know what to feel about it. He was teasing too much, and it wasn’t his usual teasing. He was acting different.

“Hyuk, can you help Ki Joon with the food, just help him with the serving, so that he doesn’t eat too little or too much.” You said.

“Yes, noona.” He said, and you smiled.

You grabbed a bowl and added rice to it, and a few of the side dishes. You ate silently, and your mother and father began to talk with Yongguk about his work.

Yongguk sounded quite passionate about his work, but you were a bit distant minded. You watched Ki Joon, now and then, checking if he was eating well. Hyuk was really good at taking care of Ki Joon. He made sure that he ate well.

“Sera works in an orphanage.” Your mother said proudly, and you stopped abruptly, your spoon midair.

“She does a lot of volunteer work too.” Your father added proudly. “But you probably know that.” He quickly added with a low chuckle.

Whenever your parents began to praise you, you didn’t know what to do or how to act. You just got embarrassed, because you didn’t speak up about the work you did. You didn’t like to brag.

Yongguk turned to look at you, and he tried to hide his surprised look. He didn’t know of your work, as you hadn’t spoken about it before.

You continued eating, and ignored his curious gaze. And they continued speaking. You relaxed more now, as Yongguk was getting along with your family. You had no reason to be paranoid or fear getting caught.

Your brother even seemed to like Yongguk, and they spoke about some hip- hop artists that they liked, such as Nas.

“Noona likes to listen music a lot, and she has a few favorite artists too.” Hyuk said suddenly and you looked at him, wondering about why he suddenly mentioned you.

“Sera doesn’t really speak much about music with me.” Yongguk suddenly confessed, and you realized that it was true.

But none of you really spoke together on a personal plan. You actually didn’t know that much about Yongguk. You didn’t know about his hobbies, his favorite things.

“I like Frank Ocean.” You said suddenly, and Yongguk looked at you.

“I do too.” He said.

“My favorite song is Lost.” You quickly said.

“I like Pyramids.” Yongguk said.

You spoke at the same time and stared at one another, quietly. Your parents eyed the pair of you, and felt out of loop.

“Wow.” Hyuk laughed.

“I also like his new album.” You said.

“Mention your favorite song from the album in the count of three.” Hyuk said, and he began, “1, 2. 3.”

“Self Control.” Yongguk said.

“Pink + White” You said.

“Wow.” Hyuk began in disbelief, and laughed once again.

“It doesn’t matter, we like the same artists.” Yongguk said, almost comforting himself, and you nodded in agreement.

“Yeah, I like his other songs too.” You said, and you pulled your hair back.

“How is school going?” You asked Hyuk, changing the subject.

“Good.” He replied, dryly.

“You better take your school serious, or you know what I will do.” You warned him, and Yongguk suddenly laughed.

“You can’t threaten uncle Hyuk.” Ki Joon suddenly said, with wide eyes, and a pout.

Everyone glared at the boy surprised to hear him finally speak up, and even say something smart. Ki Joon had become so smart, you didn’t know what to say back to him. Hyuk’s eyes beamed of joy, seeing how the kid picked his side.

“That is my son.” Yongguk said proudly.

“I was just joking, sweetheart.” You said, and Ki Joon pursed his lips, and nodded.

Your mother and father laughed at the little boy’s words. “We’ve taught him well.” You said, and Yongguk looked at you and nodded.

“You are so cute, Ki Joon-ah.” Hyuk squealed and ruffled the little boy’s hair, and he giggled back.

“I like you, uncle.” Ki Joon beamed.

“I like you too, kiddo.” Hyuk squealed, and hugged Ki Joon, and the little boy giggled shyly.

You smiled widely upon seeing how open Ki Joon was. Seeing his development made you feel so at ease, and really happy inside.

You gazed at Yongguk, and he suddenly smiled. “If you need help with anything, just let me know.” Yongguk said to your little brother.

“Thanks, hyung.” Hyuk smiled.

You looked at Yongguk and couldn’t hide your smile. He returned your smile, and rubbed the back of his neck.

It was really nice of him to say that to your brother.

~❋~

The dinner ended successfully, and you survived it. You told your parents to relax, and you would clean up in the kitchen. They took off to rest.

Ki Joon took off with Hyuk, so they could continue playing their game. Ki Joon kept clinging onto Hyuk now, and even Hyuk couldn’t let go of him. You giggled to yourself, because the two of them were cute.

You were left alone with Yongguk now. You washed the pans and pots. You had tied your hair up in a messy bun, and you wore an apron.

“What are you laughing at?” Yongguk asked.

You shook your head. Yongguk suddenly approached you. He had a cloth in his hand, and he grabbed the pan from you and began to dry it, whilst his eyes were on you.

“Just that Ki Joon defended Hyuk. It was really sweet.” You said, and he nodded, and laughed.

“He is getting along with your family.” He said with a smile.

You looked up at him and smiled back. The pair of you gazed into each other’s eyes for a few seconds. Then you broke off the stare, and gazed into the sink. You continued washing up, and then Yongguk broke off the silence after a while.

“You never told me that you do volunteer work.” He said, and you gazed down, and froze for a moment.

The water was running, and you shut it off. Then you looked up at him after wiping your hands off in the apron.

“I do it from time to time.” You explained, blinking your eyes a couple of times and you pursed your lips into a small smile.

“What made you want to adopt?” He asked.

You froze, and your lips soft, and his eyes fell on your lips for a moment. His question was so sudden and unexpected.

Yongguk narrowed his eyes as he watched you with an intent look. His eyes almost bore into yours. You breathed deeply, and bit on your bottom lip as you pondered. 

“I’ve always wanted to adopt. I always wanted to have a child that needed someone.” You said softly.

You gazed out, in fear of Ki Joon. You didn’t want him to hear this conversation. Yongguk suddenly stepped in front of you.

“Don’t worry, he’s playing with your brother.” He said, as though he read your mind.

“What about you? why did you adopt?” You asked, as you looked up, and you met his deep stare. You leaned against the counter, and kept your eyes on him.

“Same reason as you. I want to be a father for a kid, who doesn’t have anyone else. And I love kids.” He said.

“I’ve noticed.” You said, and a smile played on your lips.

There was a moment of silence as you looked into each other’s eyes.

“You are really good with kids.” You said, suddenly, and you gazed down, avoiding his eyes.

He furrowed his brows, and narrowed his eyes. Then he tilted his head to the side as he watched you.

“Is Kwon actually complimenting me.” He teased and you rolled your eyes, and gazed back into his eyes.

“You are good with kids too, Kwon.” He said, and he suddenly moved his hand up, and swiftly brushed a hairlock away from your face.

He breathed deeply, when you instantly closed your eyes. “Have I told you that you look pretty tonight.” He said.

His eyes were on you. You shook your head. His hand remained at your place, and you could feel his fingertip at your cheekbone. You opened your eyes and met his deep gaze. You chewed on your bottom lip.

This must have been the first time he complimented you, you wondered. Your heart somehow began to race, and you almost felt uneasy inside you.

Why did you like it so much?

“Yongguk knows how to compliment.” You teased back, and he chuckled.

“I can be bad with words.” He admitted.

“So, I’ve noticed.” You replied, cheekily, and he rolled his eyes at you.

“Thanks.” You finally said, silently.

“It’s nothing.” He said quietly, in a low and deep tone.

He took a step back, you spun around, and quickly for the faucet. You began to wash the remaining pans. Your mother made a lot of food, hence you had a lot of dishes to wash.

Your face felt hot for the millionth time this day, and you wondered whether you were getting a fever, or was Yongguk really getting under your skin?

“Don’t the two of you already look like a married couple.” Your mother chimed, the moment she entered the kitchen, and you froze at her statement.

You placed the pot down, and spun around, facing her. Your mother was eyeing the pair of you with excitement in her eyes. It was evident, as she had the biggest grin on her face, and her eyes lit up.

You cussed underneath your breath, and you made a face at her reaction. Yongguk glanced towards you, and grinned. He seemed unfazed by your mother’s comment, and your face was getting red like a tomato.

“The food was amazing.” He said, and your mother smiled brightly.

Ki Joon suddenly came running into the kitchen, and Yongguk opened his arms for him. He let out a low and deep grunt, when he lifted the boy up. Ki Joon was getting bigger, and he wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter