The Accident

Twist Of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twist of Fate

Chapter 22 

The Accident 

 

Yongguk’s work day had just ended and he was on his way back home. He was in the neighborhood and just a few minutes from reaching the house.

It had been a long day at work and all he needed was to be home and see Ki Joon. He listened to some relaxing jazz music whilst he drove.

A man suddenly drove through red light in front of him. It was green for Yongguk, but the other man drove straight out, causing Yongguk to step hard on the breaks. Yongguk’s car stopped abruptly, and his back hit the seat at the force of the sudden halt.

Yongguk groaned aloud, and grabbed onto his neck. He closed his eyes for a moment and he took a deep breath.

Then he looked out at the driver in front of him, he rubbed his eyes and tried to see if the person was alright.

He could tell that the man was alright as he was also looking at him, and he seemed to have no scratches.

The front of his car was damaged, and smoke was coming out of his car. It seemed to be that his car got more damaged. The driver in front of him just drove through a red light.

Yongguk cussed beneath his breath, wondering about what that man was thinking and whether he was in his right state of mind.

The other car managed to hit his at the front, and Yongguk was too slow to stop and prevent the hit. Yongguk finally stepped out of his car.

“What the hell were you thinking?” Yongguk shouted and added, “It was red for you.”

The man who seemed to be older than him by a few years, shook on his head bewildered. “It was red for you.” He counterstriked and Yongguk gasped at his arrogance.

“Look, lets fix this with proper manner, alright. It was red for you.” Yongguk replied in a calm tone and state, although he felt his blood boil at this man’s stupidity.

He nearly killed them and know he tried to make an excuse to avoid getting into trouble. Yongguk stole a glance down the front of his car and sighed deeply. There was a bump and the flashlights were damaged.

Then he felt something wet and hot drip down his face, and he ran his palm down the length of his face.

He gazed at his hand and saw the crimson colored liquid. Yongguk sighed deeply and touched his forehead and gritted his teeth, when he touched the cut.

“How can someone be so bold” He exclaimed, “Look here.” He began in a clear tone and Yongguk lifted an eyebrow at him.

“You seem to be younger than me. I’m not in the wrong here.” He continued and Yongguk sighed deeply.

“I don’t want to cause a fight here.” Yongguk said in a stern tone and the older man laughed sarcastically.

“So, you think you are smart, huh? You don’t want to pay for the damage of my car, so you try to put the blame on me.” He said and Yongguk clenched his jaw.

“If you don’t want to cover the damages, then alright. Just stop lying. The cameras will reveal the truth anyways. I don’t need your money, but don’t go around driving like that. This is a neighborhood with kids.” Yongguk’s voice became deeper and harsher at the latter part.

“What?” He gasped, “I have kids and know very well to protect kids.” He began, feeling defeated by Yongguk.

“Call the cops then, and bring the evidence.” He added with a raised tone this time.

“You.” Yongguk raised his voice, speaking without honorifics now, as he truly was losing his patience.

“You don’t know how to protect people, if you did, you wouldn’t drive like that.” Yongguk turned around, and got back into the driver’s seat.

“You are not worth my time.” Yongguk said sternly.

The man yelled from the top of his lunges, but Yongguk ignored him and shut his door. “What a damn idiot.” He mumbled to himself and quickly drove out of the place, and went back home.

 

~❋~

 

As soon as he parked his car in the garage, he stepped out, and examined the damages. Luckily, the front wasn’t that damaged, but he needed to take the car to the mechanics.

He sighed deeply, grabbing onto his neck and he felt a vague pain. He muttered a cuss beneath his breath, and finally entered the house. It was already past five pm. You and Ki Joon were home.

Yongguk stopped in the hallway with his hand on his neck and he stared out, when he met your gaze.

You frowned and furrowed your brows, when you saw him hold onto his neck and then you saw the blood on his forehead.

“Oh, my God, what happened to you, Yongguk?” You asked and your eyes widened in fear.

“I was in a minor car accident.. just now.. it’s nothing.” He began and before he could elaborate, you ran up to him and examined him from top to toe.

“Did you hurt yourself? Haven’t you been to the doctors? What happened?” You let out endless questions.

Yongguk’s eyes widened, surprised to hear you this panicked. He quickly placed his hand on your shoulder and chuckled, “Calm down, Kwon. Nothing happened.”

You slowed down and looked him in the eyes and you pursed your lips. Your cheeks slowly turned warm and red, at the realization of how you acted. He grinned and you made a face in return.

But then he grabbed onto his neck and groaned, “Ouch.”

Your eyes widened, and you quickly grabbed his arm and dragged him into the living room. Yongguk gazed down at you and simply followed you.

You pushed him down on the couch, “Stay here.” You said and he gazed at you with wide eyes.

You hurried back to the kitchen, opened the freezer and grabbed an ice bag and you wrapped it in a cloth. Yongguk stared out through the long glass windows and at the clear blue sky.

He shuddered, and his body tensed, when he felt the cold ice bag on his neck. Your hand was on his shoulder whilst the other pressed the ice bag on his neck.

“You need to get that checked by the doctors.” You said and you fished out your phone from the pocket of your jeans and you dialed the ER’s number.

“I’m alright.” He mumbled deeply and you sighed, ”Hush.”

“The line is long.” You breathed deeply after hearing the voice recorder tell you that you were number eighteen in line. 

Yongguk finally moved his hand behind his neck, and he placed his hand on the ice bag. But his hand ended up grabbing yours. He froze, staring out into the room, when he felt your soft hand under his.

Your eyes widened, when you felt his hand on yours. Your heart began to race, and it felt like your skin burned, and you quickly pulled your hand back. He grabbed the bag and bit on his bottom lip.

“Where is the little one?” He asked. “In his room playing.” You quickly replied.

“Let me get some ointment for that cut.” You said and quickly took off before he could reply, once again.

He opened his mouth, but quickly closed it when he saw you run off. You soon came back with the first aid box.

Yongguk was still seated in the couch and he had the ice bag on his neck. You noticed that he had closed his eyes and leaned into the beige colored couch.

You carefully moved next to him and placed the first aid box on the coffee table. You opened it and brought out the ointment and bandage.

Just when you turned around with the ointment in your hand, he opened his eyes and faced you. that was when you realized how close you had moved to him and your body tensed up, and you slowly moved back.

“Sit up.” You said.

“I’m really okay, Kwon, you do-”

“Shut up.”

Yongguk gritted his teeth and breathed sharply, but he decided not to argue with you this time as he could tell that it was useless.

He turned around and finally faced you and he swallowed hard. You moved your hand up and he stared into your eyes.

For a second, you just gazed into his eyes and didn’t know whether you could do this or not, now. Suddenly, it seemed almost weird.

You shrug it off, and moved your other hand up and he narrowed his eyes by a millimeter when he saw your hand get near him. Then you moved your fingers through his bangs and pushed them back, to see the cut.

And you just couldn’t help but to notice how soft and thick his hair felt when it brushed through your fingers.

You remembered how he had short hair, when you first met him, and he was growing his hair out. He had long bangs now, and he had a parting. Suddenly your fingertips tickled, and wanted to play with his thick locks.

Frankly, you knew that he looked really good and his hair suited him. He just looked charismatic, and not to mention extremely manly. You inhaled deeply and finally began to clean his cut.

Why did he have to be so handsome and attractive? You just needed to get it done quick.

But you felt your heart thud against your chest, it was beating harder, and you felt your pulse. You felt his gaze burn on you and you didn’t dare to meet his gaze. You didn’t even dare to breathe suddenly.

He sat so close to you that you could smell his aftershave from the morning. You could see how smooth his skin was, and how clear his pores were. Even his skin was perfectly smooth, and you suddenly wondered if he also felt soft.

And his strong and manly scent roamed over you and filled your nostrils, and somehow it made your head feel light.

What is wrong with me?

Yongguk sat silently on the couch, and he gazed into your eyes with slightly narrowed eyes. He didn’t know why you were helping him out, but you somehow looked concerned for him, and he wondered why.

He didn’t break off the gaze, he couldn’t. He noticed how long your lashes were and how dark they were, dark as coal.

And your eyes, they were a deep russet shade, and the light from outside lingered on you and made your eyes seem redder.

His eyes traveled down to your lips that were of rose color. They weren’t big nor too thin. They just seemed to have a nice and sweet size. They also looked so soft. His chest heaved, when he noticed you bite on your lip.

You bit on your bottom lip, whilst you looked with concentration on his cut. Then you added the ointment and he felt it sting, and instinctively hissed aloud.

You stopped abruptly and met his gaze, and you instantly regretted it. You felt your heart suddenly drop to your guts, when you met his deep gaze.

“Sorry, it burns.” You said silently.

He shook his head, “How deep is it?” He asked.

You pursed your lips and dropped your shoulders, and suddenly he leaned forward so that you could see the cut better.

You stiffened at the unexpected closeness, and your heart must have skipped more than one beat.

“I hit my head on the steering wheel and then my neck against the seat.” He explained and inhaled deeply, and you pulled back with a startled look.

“What the hell, Yongguk. We should to see a doctor now.” You said in a panicked tone, and mentally cussed because this man was the most stubborn man you had ever met.

You heard him sigh, and you furrowed your brows in anger now. “Don’t you ever think of yourself?” You finally asked and a bit harshly.

“Just check the cut.” He breathed out deeply.

You sighed and hesitantly moved in. You pushed his bangs back once more, and this time he felt a shudder run down his back. But he clenched his jaw, when you cleaned the wound with a wet cloth.

“Hmm.” You hummed as you moved in closer, and narrowed your eyes to examine the cut.

Yongguk somehow tensed up, as you were close to him, and this time you were much closer. You were just a few inches away.

He inhaled deeply, and the scent of cherry blossoms and lilies filled his nostrils. You smelled so nice. He closed his eyes for a second, and scrunched his nose.

“How.. how, is it?” He asked quietly in a dry tone, almost stammering.

You gazed down at him, and he opened his eyes and met your brown eyes.

“It doesn’t seem deep.” You said quietly as you pulled back a little.

You froze and stared into his sharp eyes, and you realized just how close you were sitting together. Yongguk didn’t budge at all, he seemed to be so calm and fazed.

But your heart, something was wrong with it. It raced so fast, that you feared he could hear it and it would rip of your ribcage.

“But we need to go to the hospital.” You said abruptly, and fixedly and got up.

You took a few steps back, and finally took a deep breath and averted your gaze from him. Your cheeks felt hot and you wondered if your cheeks looked red, and if he could tell how you were blushing.

You glanced at the table and noticed the ice bag, and you let out a deep sigh of frustration. He was so stubborn. You grabbed the ice bag and quickly leaned back down to him.

Yongguk stiffened in the couch, when you suddenly faced him. You leaned into him again and you placed the ice bag on his neck.

“Don’t take it off.” You said sternly as you stared into his eyes with a serious gaze.

“Alright, Kwon.” He chuckled, and you frowned.

His laugh was so sweet, and his chest rumbled at his deep laughs. He bit on his bottom lip suddenly and gulped, as he stared back into your eyes.

You gazed into his eyes and he looked at you intently and his deep and sharp eyes almost pulled you in.

You could drown in those eyes, and you began to question whether you wanted to get drowned in those deep, dark and sharp eyes. They were so ethereal.

You blinked a couple of times, pulled away and grabbed the first aid box. You took out a bandage, and you faced him once again. You inhaled deeply, and pulled off the material that covered the bandage.

Yongguk sat silently and observed you. Then you took the ointment once again. “I’ll just apply a little more to the cut.” You said and he nodded.

You got some of the ointment on the pad of your index finger. You slowly moved closer to him, he tilted his face towards you. You reached your hand out, and somehow your heart began to race again.

You chewed on your bottom lip, and grabbed some of his locks, and pushed his bangs back. His hair really felt soft, and it was so thick. He gulped, and your eyes suddenly fell to his throat, and you noticed his adam’s apple bob up and down.

Yongguk had such a long neck, and it was also thick. You averted your gaze back to him, and he was looking into your eyes. You blinked a couple of times, and quickly averted your gaze to his cut.

You pressed your index finger to his cut, and gently rubbed it with the ointment. He hissed through his gritted teeth, and you giggled. “Don’t be a chicken.”

He looked straight into your eyes, and your laughter died out the moment you met his intense gaze. His eyes were so deep and sharp.

You quickly broke off the gaze, grabbed the bandage and stuck it on his cut. Then you gently traced your finger over it, mak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter