Ki Joon's First Day In Kindergarten

Twist Of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 17

Ki Joon’s First Day In Kindergarten

 

Yongguk had been inside his studio for hours since early morning and you wondered about what he was doing in there. You were in the kitchen making lunch. You cooked rice and were preparing some side dishes meanwhile, Ki Joon was playing around in the living room with a small ball.

“Ki Joon-ah.” You called out and he came running to you.

“Be careful with the ball, you can play in the backyard. The weather is good.” You said and the little boy nodded.

He ran out to the backyard and began to play with the ball. You looked out and saw that he was playing in the yard. You smiled and continued cooking. The soup was boiling and you added the last ingredients to it.

You just waited for Yongguk to show up. Ever since you moved in with him and Ki Joon, you had been cooking a lot and for him as well. You felt like you should do that. It was only right to make food for Yongguk as well.

Yongguk sat in the studio and he was on the phone, when he could smell the nice aroma of food. He closed his eyes and inhaled the scent. He felt the hunger kick in now and his stomach roared. Yongguk rubbed his stomach and looked at the empty noodle can in front of him, which he ate hours ago for breakfast.

“Alright Mrs. Choi. I will bring Ki Joon and his mother with me.” He smiled and hung up the phone.

Yongguk just spoke with the department leader of a kindergarten in the city. He found the best kindergarten for Ki Joon and he had to bring him in, so he could look around. Yongguk sighed, he was worried for Ki Joon to start in kindergarten, in a new place.

But it was important for him to go to a kindergarten and make friends and learn things as he has to get ready to start in school too. A month had passed since Ki Joon came into their lives. It was about time now.

Yongguk got up from the chair, he stretched his body and yawned. His body felt sore, from sitting too long. He took off his hoodie and stretched his T-shirt out and ran his hands through his hair that had grown longer.

He then walked back out, locked the studio and walked down to the kitchen, where he could smell the food. Yongguk smiled, he was hungry and felt happy knowing that you were cooking.

Yongguk walked up in a normal pace, he rubbed his eyes tiredly and looked out. He stopped abruptly, when he saw you standing in front of the stove, cooking. For a moment, he just looked at you and thought to himself that this image of you, looked of a real housewife.

You wore an apron, your hair was tied up in a bun and you were stirring the soup. You had for music, on your phone and listened to music whilst cooking.

Cooking with music on always gave a nice feeling and made cooking somehow funnier, you thought. The kitchen smelled so wonderful, because of the aroma from the food that you were making.

You turned around and placed the pot on the table, above the hot pot holder. You took off the lid and smelled the scent and cooed to yourself. You stirred the soup and put the lid back on. Then you moved back to place the side dishes on the table.

A smile suddenly spread on Yongguk’s face without him being aware of it. He gazed at you silently from the corner. You were immersed in cooking and clearly hadn’t noticed him yet.

You then opened the fridge and took out the kimchi, which you had bought from the store and placed it on the table. You did all that without noticing that Yongguk was watching you a few feet away. You were too focused on cooking.

You grabbed the plates from the drawer and then you heard a deep voice from behind you and you immediately froze.

“Need some help?”

You knew he was just a few inches away and a shiver ran down your spine suddenly, upon hearing his deep voice. He sounded husky and a bit tired. A moment passed with silence and your legs felt as though they were glued to the ground. You almost didn’t dare to turn around, but you knew very well you had to.

You slowly turned around and your body became stiff. Yongguk was standing just in front of you, a few inches away. He looked down at you and into your big brown eyes.

“I’m already done.” You said in a silent voice and quickly walked past him.

Yongguk turned around and shook his head. He then grabbed the chopsticks and glasses, and placed them on the table. He set the dining table ready for you. You then watched Yongguk walk out to call for Ki Joon. The little boy exclaimed from the yard- “I’m coming!”

Yongguk chuckled upon hearing how energetic the little boy was. He then walked back to the dining table. You were already seated and he sat down in front of you. He had to tell you about the news of Ki Joon’s new kindergarten. You looked out and met his gaze. You could tell that he had something in mind.

“Do you want to tell me something.” You asked and he quickly nodded.

“I found a good kindergarten in the city for Ki Joon. We have to go there tomorrow with him.” He said.

You froze and looked at him. It was already happening. You sighed and felt the pressure. It was so quick to let go of Ki Joon and send him to a kindergarten. But you knew it was for the better. You needed to get back to work, as you’ve had a long leave.  

Yongguk gazed at you intently and he could tell that you were worried as well, but this had to happen. Your mind drifted away.

“We will go together tomorrow.” He said.

You looked back at him and nodded.

“I will tell him about it.” He said and you nodded once more.

Ki Joon came running back after playing and he got on the chair next to Yongguk. The both of you looked at the little boy. Ki Joon seemed to have gotten used to his new surroundings, so the timing was fine for him to start in a kindergarten.

Yongguk felt that it was harder than he had expected. He was thinking about how to deliver the message to Ki Joon and wondered about how the boy would react and accept it.

Yongguk looked out at you and you met his worried look and nodded. He cleared his throat and looked at Ki Joon.

“Ki Joon- ah, we found a really good kindergarten, where you will be going.” Yongguk said.

The little boy looked up and his smile suddenly faded. You froze and gazed at Ki Joon. The little boy pouted and whined a bit. “But I want to stay home.” He said.

You got up from the chair and walked up to Ki Joon to comfort him. Yongguk watched you get up to the little boy. You wrapped your hands around Ki Joon and he leaned into you.

“It will be fun at the kindergarten. Imagine all the friends you will get and you can play with them.” You said.

Yongguk smiled and looked at the two of you. He placed his hand on the boy’s back and nodded.

“And you can invite your friends home and play.” He said.

The two of you really wanted Ki Joon to be comfortable. Yongguk looked at you and you gave him and quick smile, before you bent down and looked at Ki Joon.

“What do you say to going to the kindergarten tomorrow? Should we do that?” You asked in a soothing voice.

The little boy finally nodded. You smiled and hugged him into you. Then you pulled back after giving him a soft peck on his cheek. “Well done.” You said and he giggled.

You walked back to your seat. Yongguk rubbed Ki Joon’s back and chuckled. “You can do it, buddy.” He said and the boy giggled.

The three of you began to eat. Once you were done eating, Yongguk got ready to leave for work. Ki Joon wanted to play with you. Yongguk came out a while later, after getting changed. You walked up to him and the two of you stood in the corner.

“So, he took it pretty well.” He said and you nodded.

“Yeah, let’s see how he will react tomorrow.” You said and Yongguk rubbed the back of his neck and gave you a nervous smile.

There was a moment of silence before he finally spoke. “I’m leaving for work. I’ll be home late.” He said and you nodded.

“Alright, see you later then.” You said and he nodded.

“Bye.” You waved at him, he turned around and waved back.

Yongguk then hurried down to his car. Once he got in the driver’s seat, he fixed the rear-mirror and froze when he saw that you were still standing at the front door looking out for him. He couldn’t help but chuckle. She’s really something special he muttered under his breath and started the car.

You stood still at the door for a moment, watching him drive out like a housewife watching her husband leave for work. You snapped back to reality. You didn’t know why you followed him out and even watched him drive out. What am I even doing out here you shook your head and walked back inside.

Yongguk took off for work and you were alone home with Ki Joon that evening. You were in the living room and Ki Joon rested beside you and he was watching some cartoon. Yongguk had been gone for hours.

Your phone suddenly rang and you grabbed it from the couch and looked at the caller id. It was your best friend Taecyeon. You quickly picked up the phone with a smile.

“Hey”

“Hey, what are you doing?” He asked.

“I’m just at home with Ki Joon.” You replied.

“Alright, open your door.” He said.

You frowned and got up from the couch. “Hold on, are you outside?” You asked, not hiding that you were surprised.

Taecyeon chuckled on the phone- “Come and open the door.” He said once more.

You walked down to open the door. And Taecyeon was standing in front of you, when you opened the door and you looked at him surprised.

“Oh my God, what are you doing here?” You asked, surprised to see him.

Taecyeon moved up, he had a bag of popcorn and candies.

“I was missing you.” He said and you giggled- “Awe Taec-ie.”

Taecyeon groaned upon hearing that nickname, you moved back and let him inside. Taecyeon got in and he moved down, pulled you into him and gave you a hug suddenly. You giggled nevertheless and hugged your friend back. You asked him whether he had work and to this he replied ‘no’.

“So, that is why you are here” You cooed and he rolled his eyes.

Taecyeon asked where the little boy was. You were going to tell him, but Ki Joon already came running out.

“Uncle Taecyeon.” He squealed.

Taecyeon chuckled upon seeing the happy little boy. He came running to him and Taecyeon bent down and hugged the boy into him. He chuckled and ruffled his small curls. You looked at the two boys and laughed.

“Let’s watch a movie then.” You said and the two boys cooed.

Taecyeon pulled the little boy up in his arms. Ki Joon squealed and clung onto the big man. You laughed upon seeing how they played around. Ki Joon got well along with your friend.

It was a good thing as it showed that Ki Joon could upon up to others and he didn’t have issues with bonding. But it also made you happy, because Taecyeon is your close friend.

The three of you began to watch a movie and the evening went by like that. Ki Joon seemed to get well along with Taecyeon. The little boy had fallen asleep after seeing movies.

Taecyeon walked out to the backyard to see the place.

You looked at the clock on the wall. It was already 8pm. Yongguk hadn’t come home yet. It made you wonder about how much he worked. He works so much you sighed.

Yongguk had the opportunity to work more now as you were still home taking care of Ki Joon. If you weren’t there, he wouldn’t be able to work much, you thought and sighed once more.

You walked out to the backyard and saw your friend looking around him. He was quite taken back upon seeing how big the place was. Yongguk seemed to be rich, he thought to himself.

“What are you thinking about?” You asked your friend.

“This house is really big. I understand now why you had to move in here.” He said and added. “The guy even has a pool.”

You laughed to this, but nodded. It felt weird thinking about how the time went by so fast. You had already gotten used to living in this house as well as Ki Joon. Your friend looked at you and smiled.

“So how is going with you and everything?” He suddenly asked.

You smiled a bit and replied- “I’ve actually gotten used to living here and.” You paused. “I like this place.”

Taecyeon nodded. He could tell that you were happy being here, mainly because of Ki Joon. He had brought you a lot of happiness throughout the time he came into your life.

“But, how are things with you and Yongguk?”

You looked at your friend. “Huh?” you mumbled, but quickly shook your shoulders.

How were things exactly between you and Yongguk, you weren’t sure.

“You haven’t fallen for him, have you?” Taecyeon suddenly asked you.

“What?!” You gasped flustered and smacked his arm.

Your cheeks began to heat up and you mumbled some nonsense as you smacked him a few times.

“Pull yourself together.” You said to him as you pulled back.

Taecyeon smiled as he rubbed the part you hit. “I was just playing with you Kwon.” He said and you made a face at him.

You let out a deep sigh, thinking about that the little boy was finally going to start in the kindergarten. You really wished for things to go well and easy for Ki Joon.

“Is something bothering you?” He asked as he noticed how your mind drifted away quickly.

You looked up at your friend. He had a curious look on his face. You smiled and shook your head. You explained to him that Ki Joon was beginning in kindergarten tomorrow. Taecyeon smiled- “That’s really good for him. He needs it.” He said and you nodded.

“Don’t worry too much about him. He will be fine.” He said and you chuckled, because he obviously noticed that you were a bit worried.

The two of you stood still, there was a moment of silence and then you heard someone walk from behind up to the two of you.

“Kwon?”

You turned around and saw Yongguk standing in front of you. Taecyeon turned around as well. Yongguk froze upon seeing that you were with your friend. He had seen a car parked outside, but he didn’t know that it was your friend Taecyeon’s. Taecyeon walked up to Yongguk and the two shook hands, politely.

“I have to talk with you.” Yongguk said and you blinked your eyes a couple of times.

“I have to go now. It’s late.” Taecyeon suddenly said.

You looked up at your friend and then back at Yongguk. You quickly looked back to your friend and nodded, you thanked him for coming by and hanging out with Ki Joon. Taecyeon smiled, he leaned over and gave you a quick hug.

“I should walk you out.” You said after he pulled back.

Yongguk looked at the two of you and he rubbed the back o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter