Home (part 2/2)

Twist Of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 14

Home (Part 2/2)

 

Yongguk went upstairs to the little boy. He opened the door to his room and found the boy there, playing on the carpet in his play room. Yongguk looked once more on the wall at the new painting. It looked surprisingly good and he smiled to himself. Yongguk looked down at the little boy.

“Shall we watch a movie?” Yongguk asked the little boy, who was looking at the painting now.

Ki Joon turned around and looked at the older male and shook his head with a smile spread on his cute face. Yongguk frowned and furrowed his brows at the boy. Ki Joon pointed at the wall.

“I want to paint this.” He said.

Yongguk walked up to the little boy and smiled. Ki Joon kept looking at the painting. He had been looking forward to painting this and the little boy wanted to do it with Yongguk. It warmed Yongguk’s heart knowing that Ki Joon wanted to paint with him as well.

“Can you paint with us?” Ki Joon asked in a very silent tone.

Yongguk could almost not hear the little boy. Ki Joon was somehow shy to ask Yongguk to paint with him. The older male looked at the boy with a big smile on his face.

Yongguk felt excited that Ki Joon asked him to paint with him. It was like seeing a little boy ask someone to play with them and with a shy face, afraid that they would get rejected.

Ki Joon looked down and waited for Yongguk to reply. His heart skipped a beat because of the little boy. Ki Joon is an innocent little by. Yongguk felt warm inside. He nodded and Ki Joon got up from the ground and hurried to get him a brush.

Yongguk let out a deep heartfelt chuckle, when he saw how excited the boy got and ran off to get him a paint brush. Ki Joon quickly came back and grabbed a hold of Yongguk’s arm and led him to the wall.

The little boy pointed at the car, which he had been painting on. Ki Joon explained to the older male that he had to draw inside the lines. Yongguk’s eyes widened, when he heard the little boy say that. He sounded very bright and smart.

“Who taught you to draw inside the lines?” He asked the little boy.

Ki Joon blushed shyly and mumbled your name.

“Sera..”

“Who?” Yongguk clearly heard the boy say your name, but he wanted him to say it louder.

Yongguk heard your footsteps and knew that you were at the door now. The little boy hadn’t noticed you walk into the room. Yongguk heard you coming and asked Ki Joon to repeat himself on purpose so that you could get to hear him.

“Sera told me to draw inside the lines. It was her idea. She is really good.” The little boy praised you and he had a big smile on his face.

Yongguk grinned widely. He felt so proud to hear Ki Joon speak like that and praise someone. Even though he was praising you. Yongguk turned around and saw you gapping at them. You were surprised to hear that from Ki Joon. He said your name too. For a moment you felt really overwhelmed.

Yongguk met your gaze and he winked at you with a grin on his face. You blinked a few times, confused when you saw him blink at you. You shook your head and walked in. You knew he made Ki Joon say those things aloud, because he saw you and you had to admit that you were glad he did that.

Ki Joon looked out and met your gaze. The little boy smiled shyly and he also handed you the paint brush. Yongguk looked at the little boy and the smile never left his face.

Yongguk had to admit that your idea of turning this room that was originally supposed to be yours into a kids play room was a good idea. Painting the room with Ki Joon was an even better idea, because he seemed to be loving it a lot.

You grabbed the paint brush from Ki Joon, thanked him with a smile. You bent down and ran your hand softly through his soft locks. He smiled shyly and you continued smiling at him. You then squeezed his cheek gently and he giggled back.

“You are so sweet Ki Joon.” You said and he blushed even more.

“Let’s paint. Yongguk is here too and you can finally get to paint with him now.” You said and the little boy nodded.

Yongguk looked at you and wondered about what you meant. You saw his questioned look and replied to his unsaid question.

“Ki Joon asked earlier at the painting shop if you could join us and paint. But you were at work at that time.” You explained.

“Is that so?” He asked the little boy, who continued blushing.

Ki Joon seemed to really like Yongguk and his face turned into a pink shade. You grinned and hugged the little boy into you.

“You don’t have to be shy with us.” You explained.

Yongguk nodded and moved closer. You looked up at him as he bent down beside you and he caressed the little boy’s cheek.

“Sera is right. We are here for you.” He said.

You blinked a few times and you could just feel the sincerity in his voice. Yongguk spoke so well. You knew he meant those words. Yongguk cares so much for the little boy, just like you do.

“We will give you anything that you want!” Yongguk continued and Ki Joon giggled.

Although Ki Joon was too young to completely understand what Yongguk meant, you were there and heard his words and felt them. Yongguk is indeed a good man. He is good to Ki Joon. Yongguk smiled widely at boy and he showed him his gummy smile.

You gazed at Yongguk and saw him smile widely. He showed his gum and looked into the little boy’s eyes.

Yongguk really looked younger, whenever he smiled like that and Ki Joon brought out his inner childish side.

“Let’s paint.” Yongguk cheered and suddenly pulled the little boy up and into his arms.

Ki Joon let out a loud laugh and Yongguk laughed as well and swung the little boy in the air. You got up from the floor and looked at the two boys. You shook your head and smiled. They continued playing around until they actually started to paint.

Yongguk watched you blend the colors. You were painting your side of the wall and the two boys painted the cars together. You were completely focused on coloring the clouds and skies that you hadn’t notice Yongguk steal glances at you.

The three of you had obviously changed your clothes into something you didn’t use. You rubbed your forehead and stood on your toes. You couldn’t reach that high up. You had made the clouds high up. You turned over to look at the ladder and saw that Yongguk was walking towards you with it.

He finally stopped in front of you and placed the ladder down in front of you. You met his gaze. He leaned on it and looked into your eyes.

“I must admit Kwon. This was a really good idea.” He said and you grinned.

Yongguk finally acknowledged that you are smart. You looked at Ki Joon and saw how focused he was with painting and he seemed to be enjoying it a lot.

“I know.” You said nonchalantly and he blinked a few times.

“Thanks” You nodded at the ladder.                      

Yongguk pulled back and you quickly got on it and climbed further up. You were climbing up too fast and the ladder was unsteady. The ladder suddenly moved and you squealed, but Yongguk was right behind you and he quickly grabbed onto your waist.

You looked down at him surprised and saw him hold onto you. Your heart almost dropped. Your eyes made contact.

Yongguk looked up surprised at you. You almost tripped once again. But he was still holding onto you firmly.

“I’m fine. You can let go.” You said with a hint of panic in your voice and you quickly cleared your throat.

Ki Joon suddenly ran up to you and held on the ladder.

“No don’t let go of her. She can fall down.” The little boy said and he sounded panicked.

Yongguk looked surprised at Ki Joon, who told him to hold onto you.

“It’s okay, sweetie I won’t fall down.” You tried to assure the boy, but he quickly shook his head and looked at the older male.

Yongguk knew that the boy had the right to feel anxious. It could be dangerous standing on the ladder and he had already seen how clumsy you could get. Hence he wouldn’t risk anything.

Yongguk started to feel awkward, because he was holding onto your waist. But you were the one who felt awkward the most and embarrassed. You shot Yongguk a glare, but he rolled his eyes and ignored your gaze.

“Just finish painting the clouds.” He said.

You gazed at Yongguk for a moment and he raised his brows at you. You sighed and turned around. You had come to know how stubborn that man is. Hence you decided to get it done with quickly. You moved the brush over the sketch and painted the lines on the clouds. Yongguk looked up at you as you began to paint.

The little boy continued holding onto the ladder. Even though he couldn’t help much, he felt at ease.  Yongguk looked down at the boy and saw how he held onto the ladder. Yongguk smiled to himself. Ki Joon was indeed really charming. He will break hearts when he gets big.

You continued painting and tried to finish it quicker, because Yongguk was still holding onto you and it made you feel uneasy somehow. Your cheeks flushed up and your back became sweaty.

You knew your top had glued onto your back, because of the sweat.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter