Awkwardness

Twist Of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twist Of Fate

 Chapter 12

 Awkwardness 

 

“That was a nice act Kwon.” he said with a smirk.

You shook your head and scoffed back. You wondered how he could be so shameless. You walked close to him and he looked at you.  You really wanted to get back at him.

You stopped a few inches away from him and he waited for you to speak. However, you smirked and he made a questioning face because he didn’t understand what you meant.

“Let’s see how long we can keep up with this act.” You said before turning around.

Yongguk quickly grabbed your wrist and pulled you back to him, a little too hard this time. You gasped surprised as your body hit his and he was only a few inches away from you.

Your chest was pressed against him. Your eyes widened and you tried to free your wrist, but his grip was too tight and you gave up and looked into his eyes.

“Don’t think about telling my family the truth about us.” He said with a low and deep voice.

Your heart raced fast. His voice was so compelling and when he was this serious, his voice became more powerful. You frowned and looked at him mad now. He always wanted to control you and make decisions on your behalf. You freed your wrist out of his grip and scoffed back at him. He looked into your eyes.

“Bastard.” You said before walking away from him.

Once you were out of his sight, he groaned frustrated.

Why does she have to be so damn stubborn? He ran his hand through his black locks and sighed.

You immediately walked into the little boy’s room and you found him sleeping on the pillows, on the floor while hugging onto Tigger, the new Tigger he got from Yongguk’s brother.

It must have been a long evening for him as well, but you knew he had a lot of fun. Ki Joon got close to Yongguk’s sister’s son and it made you more than happy. Your little boy was opening up to others slowly.

The door to the nursery room opened and Yongguk saw you sitting on the pillows on the floor. Ki Joon was sleeping and you were caressing the little boy’s back as you looked at him.

He frowned upon the view in front of him. It suddenly reminded him of something, of himself when he was a child. He used to fall asleep on the floor after playing with his Tigger and his grandmother would find him sleeping on the floor. She would carry him to the bed.

Yongguk watched you as you got up from the floor and pulled the kid in your arms. Ki Joon was a bit heavy, but you could hold him.

Yongguk quickly moved towards you to help, but once he saw the look in your eyes, he stopped. He knew you wanted to tuck him to bed yourself. He pulled back and watched you as you tuck the little boy to bed.

You pulled the covers up on him and pressed your lips softly on his cheek. The little boy was sleeping peacefully. You sat at the bed beside the boy for a while.

You could sense that Yongguk was gazing at you and it made you feel uncanny. You wondered why he didn’t just to go bed already. He had work early morning and you finally turned your face towards him.

You were still mad at him for lying that you were his fiancé and not telling you about it beforehand. He must have figured out that you would get mad, hence he kept it a secret.

But you kind of understood him after meeting his family, you knew why he had to lie. His mother would probably get devastated and confused as to why his son was living with a woman, whom he had no special relationship to, as in a romantic relationship.

Besides you couldn’t tell your family the truth either, your mother would go nuts if she knew that you were living with a stranger. The both of you were about to say something and you stopped.

“Go ahead.” He said.

You looked at the little boy, who was sleeping peacefully and you decided that it was best to talk with him outside the nursery room. Therefore, you got up from the bed, walked out of the room and Yongguk followed you into the hall.

“I shouldn’t have called you a bastard although I’m mad at you.” You admitted.

Yongguk watched you surprised, he didn’t expect you to apologize to him, because he knew that you were mad.

“I should have told you about it, although I knew you wouldn’t like the idea.” He said.

“Exactly and you should have still told me.”

“I know you don’t want to lie. But please Kwon try to understand why we have to lie.” He said as he ran his hand through his hair.

You leaned against the wall and sighed. The both of you spoke in low voices as you didn’t want to wake up the kid. You looked at Yongguk and could tell that he actually didn’t like lying to his family. He didn’t seem happy about lying to them.

“Just please act along. I will tell them the truth someday.” He said and you sighed and looked on the floor. After a moment of silence, you finally spoke.

“I’ll do it.” You said and he looked at you surprised.

“And I do understand why we have to lie about us.” You added.

Yongguk sighed relieved and you frowned at his reaction. What had he expected? that you would just give up. You scoffed at him again, because he really had no trust in you, he didn’t know you and he looked at you questioning.

“What now?” He asked dumfounded and you shook your head.

“I’m just afraid of what they will do, if they find out the truth about us.” You admitted and crossed your arms.

You looked down at your feet and your ankles began to hurt more now. You kicked off your heels and Yongguk looked at you. He frowned upon your words and you shook your shoulders. He didn’t reply you back. He probably didn’t know what to say. You sighed.

“Goodnight Bang.” You said and walked towards your room.

He really had nothing to say, he really didn’t understand you. You lied to his family about being his fiancé and his mother treated you like her real daughter in-law. The two of you weren’t even in love. You wanted to experience this with someone who you love. You wanted to be loved this way by someone, who is your real mother in-law.

You were about to open the door to your room, but he quickly closed it and you turned your face towards him surprised. Yongguk placed both his hands on the door, you were locked from escaping.

You gasped, when you noticed how close he was standing to you. The both of you were in the same situation as earlier. He was standing too close to you and you shuddered all of a sudden as you could smell his cologne. It was still on him. He had a special scent, a really manly smell that was attractive and you would never admit that to yourself or anyone.

You didn’t know why, he stopped you. He stood still for a moment, not saying a word just gazing into your eyes. His face was inches away from yours.

“Better do your best with the acting, so they won’t find out.” He said with his deep voice, sounding so serious.

You were silent for a moment as you gazed into his eyes. They were dark, sharp and oddly so mysterious. You felt really uncanny, when he got too close to you. You quickly moved your gaze to the ground. You gasped.

What a jerk you thought.

You did your best with the acting today and he also had a part in it. You weren’t the only one who had to make sure that you didn’t get caught.

You couldn’t understand why he didn’t see nor know how hard you worked to prepare the things today. You had spent hours in the kitchen for the food and you had even cleaned up the place. On top of all that, you had to act like his fiancé and he was messing around with you.

He was the one, who started this lie and dragged you into it. You were scared of keeping up with this act and make his family hate you for it. You rolled your eyes at his comment and you didn’t want to bring up a discussion with him right now. You were just too tired for that.

“Right back.” You said, moving yourself away from him and walked into your room.

Once you closed the door, you leaned against it and took a deep breath. A lot of things happened on this night. You met his family for the first time and they were all so kind and Ki Joon made a friend today. But you weren’t happy, because of the lie you made.

Yongguk stood still for a moment in front of your door. He took a deep breath and sighed. Then his phone buzzed and he saw that he received a bunch of messages from his brother Yongnam and he called him up now.

Yongguk picked up the phone and walked back to his room. You heard Yongguk walk away, down the hall to his room and he was speaking on the phone.

“What’s with all those messages? Stop disturbing me hyung.”

Yongguk’s voice faded as he disappeared to his room and you pulled your hair back and let out a deep sigh. You walked to your bed and threw yourself on it and gazed out on the night view.

You shook your head at the thoughts that were creeping up, the thoughts of acting like his fiancé, and pretending to be close. You felt tired and exhausted and decided to sleep.

You woke up the next morning by the sound of people talking from below. You couldn’t hear what they were saying, but you could hear the faint voices. You groaned and turned around in your bed. Last night was too long and you were exhausted. The talking didn’t stop and you groaned again.

You sat back up on your bed, rubbed your tired eyes and looked at the bed clock.

8:25 AM

You looked out your widow and it was bright and sunny outside. You stretched your body and yawned. Ki Joon must be awake, you thought and quickly dressed out of your nightgown. You took a quick shower and jumped into some causal clothes, jeans and a t-shirt.

The sound of the chatting got clearer the closer you got to the kitchen and you could hear that it was a guy, who was talking with Yongguk. The voice seemed familiar, you frowned and continued to walk down to the living room.

“Oh! Sera- sshi, you’re awake.”

You heard the voice and looked at the guy and you knew who it was. Yongguk’s friend named Daehyun, whom you met once, on the day you moved into Yongguk’s house, currently sat at the kitchen table, on one of the black leather chairs and he drank ice coffee.

“Daehyun sshi.” You said a bit surprised to see him.

“Good morning.” He said with a smile.

“Good morning.” You replied with a smile as well.

Daehyun seemed relaxed in his causal outfit, black jeans and grey t-shirt. He was wearing a black leather wristband and in his hand he held a pair of black shades.

Yongguk was standing in front of Daehyun and you quickly glanced at him and looked away. You thought about last night and you were still mad, but you had agreed to keep on with the acting. However, it felt nice not having to lie to your friends.

“Where’s the little one?” You asked Yongguk as you walked past him.

“He’s sleeping.” He said and you noticed that his voice sounded deeper than usual and a lot huskier.

You grabbed the coffee jar, a cup and added a two tea-spoon of coffee into your cup and you for the kettle, to heat the water for the coffee.

You then turned around and looked at him questioning.

“He’s sleeping?” You asked after a while and wondered why Ki Joon was still sleeping, because he is usually up early.

Yongguk nodded and you made a face.

“Is he sick?” You asked with wide eyes and a worried expression.

Daehyun couldn’t help but observe the two of you as it is his first time seeing the two of you together, in front of him.

“No.” Yongguk quickly said.

The kettle began to heat up the water and the sound of the boiling water filled the kitchen. There was silence between the two of you. You couldn’t understand why Ki Joon was still sleeping, when he wasn’t sick.

Daehyun was watching the both of you and made a face upon seeing, how the two of you talked together. He noticed that you were very short in your sentences. like strangers. He sighed, when he saw your clueless face and he wondered why Yongguk was not saying anything. Daehyun got frustrated by the two of you.

“Did something happen to him last night, are you sure he isn’t sick? Did you tak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter