Meeting The Agency

Twist Of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 1

Meeting The Agency

 

Today was the day, where you would sign the papers for the adoption, and you would get your child within the next weeks.

Certain feelings rushed through you. You were nervous, excited, and somehow scared of it all. Scared of how things would turn out in the future, because raising a child bears a lot of responsibility. Every parent says that.

But, nonetheless you want this badly, and you are ready for it. You were emotionally prepared for the procedures of the adoption.

You are twenty-three years old, single, and you wanted to adopt a child, even though there aren’t any problems with your fertility.

Adopting a child has always been one of your biggest dreams, and of course having some of your own.

It took a great while for your family to finally give in, and support your idea about adopting. No one really understood why you wanted to adopt a child, when you’re a healthy woman, and capable having your own kids someday.

But you had researched about adoptions for years. You know that is hard to adopt a child as a single parent.

Hence, once you got the call from the agency that there was an adoptive child for you, you didn’t hesitate, and said yes to the adoption.

You had waited more than a year on the waiting list, for the adoption. No one is going to stand in your way of making this happen.

The child whom you would soon adopt is a four-year-old boy. The little child had no family, and needed one, and you are willing to become his family.

Hence, you had invested a lot of money, and time into this adoption. Everything for the child was prepared beforehand at your apartment, the clothes, toys, and furniture that he would need.

The way to the adoption agency felt like a forever, because you felt the nervousness build up inside of you.

You sighed as you looked at yourself in the rear view. It even took you a long time to figure out what to wear for the meeting.

You decided to wear rosewater colored dress with short black heels, and you kept your long dark hair up in a high ponytail.

This is an important meeting, and you had to make sure that you looked presentable, but also not too dashy.

The clock said 10.34 am, when you were at the meeting room. There were still a few minutes left for the meeting to begin, and your heart pounded deeply.

This is probably the biggest decision you’re about to make in your life, and you were more than ready for it. You wished that you could just get the little boy now, and go home.

You were alone in the office, and a deep sigh escaped through your lips. You closed your eyes, and inhaled deeply, trying to steady your frantic heartbeats.

You stood up abruptly from the chair, and decided to walk around the room to calm your nerves. Instead of walking, you were pacing, and you idly played with your hands.

In a few minutes you would sign the papers for the adoption, and the adoption process would finally start.

You bit on your lip lightly as you were pacing back, and forth in the room. You waited for your lawyer and the person, who would undergo the adoption process with you to come.

The room had many frames of kids, who were adopted from different countries, and a smile crept on your face at the thought of creating your own family.

You wondered about how that boy looked, how he was, and how it would go. You were too excited for it, and couldn’t wait any longer.

The door finally opened, and you quickly seated on the black leather chair beside you. You breathe deeply, and glanced up to see whom it was.

Your lawyer Mr. Baek entered the room. He made a quick bow, and greeted you.

“Oh, it’s just you.” You said, and got up again.

“Are you nervous Miss. Kwon?” He asked, and a small smile formed on his face.

“A little.” You admitted, and tried smiling, but it became a half- smile, and he chuckled at your reaction.

Baek Joo Young, your lawyer, was an extremely good lawyer, and in the beginning of his thirties.

He is a handsome man, who enjoyed the bachelor life. Despite being rich, he was really down to earth and kind.

Mr. Baek, immediately made your nerves calm down. He grabbed your hand in his, and squeezed it lightly. That made you smile a bit.

“You’re lucky that you’re getting this adoption as a single parent. Not many get the chance he said.”

You gave him a firm now, and a smile formed on your face. You breathed deeply, and reminded yourself to calm down. You were almost done, close to getting the boy.

“All you have to do is sign the papers, and you’ll become the legal guardian.. and a mom.” He smiled wider at the latter part.

You smiled at his last word mom. You had to work hard, to make sure this child, whom you soon would become the guardian, and parent of didn’t lack the important things in his life. That he gets a good life, and a safe, and stable future.

~❋~

The door opened again, and the both of you turned around to face the middle-aged woman, who entered the room.

She had a short haircut, black hair, and she was wearing a blue dress with a black blazer on.

It was Mrs. Kim, the one woman who had helped you a lot with this adoption. You, and your lawyer greeted her, smiling.

“Take a seat.” She said.

The process of signing the papers took a while, and your lawyer wrote down, and witnessed everything. It was done.

You had filled the application, and you were now going to be a parent, and a guardian. It felt surreal, but it was happening.

You felt happy. The corner of your lips curved up, and you finally had the biggest smile on your face.

The woman suddenly said something that made you look up, and blink your eyes a few times.

“It’s a good thing that you finally decided to apply for the adoption with a partner. I’m sure that’s how you got the adoption, because the dad earns a lot.” She smirked at the last sentence, and her eyes somehow beamed.

Both you, and your lawyer looked at each other, sharing confusing looks. Mr. Baek shrugged, and you shook your head, and averted your gaze to Mrs. Kim

“Partner?” You asked, dumfounded, and she nodded with a smile.

“Yeah, he should be here by now.” She said, and in that moment, it knocked on the door.

You tilted your head to the side, facing the door. It opened, and your brows furrowed deeper. A tall figure of a male entered the room.

He was wearing a black suit with a tie. He had black hair, and a nice short haircut, and two cuts on his right eyebrow. His lips were full, his eyes were so sharp, and dark.

You breathe deeply, and he just oozed of charisma, wealth, and power. He stepped up to Mrs. Kim, not noticing you or your lawyer.

He greeted Mrs. Kim, and sat down beside Mr. Baek. He finally looked towards you, and you raised your brow at him.

“Welcome, Mr. Bang. You can sign the papers now. Miss. Kwon has already signed the adoption papers.” Mrs. Kim said, and the male looked puzzled at her.

“Signed what? I’m sorry, I’m afraid, I don’t understand.” He asked Mrs. Kim, and he averted his gaze away from the woman, and towards you.

The older woman sensed that something was off, and immediately checked the adoption papers, and shook her head.

“Haven’t you applied for this adoption together?” She asked in a surprised, trying to not look startled.

Both you, and the stranger shook your head, and Mrs. Kim got startled now. Her face turned paler, and her lips parted.

“That’s weird, the papers say that you’re both applying for the adoption as partners, and you got picked based on your income.” She said. Her eyes flickered to you, and then to the stranger named Bang.

You couldn’t believe what you just heard, and you got up from your seat. It felt surreal.

“I applied as a single parent.” You told. “You know it very well Mrs. Kim.” You added, and felt yourself get nervous now.

You lost the warm color in your skin, and became pale like a ghost. Mr. Baek beside you grabbed your arm, and made you sit down again. You slumped down in your seat, feeling your energy leave your body.

“This must be a mistake.” You said, dumfounded, and you leaned back in the seat.

“I also applied as a single parent.” The stranger finally spoke, and you looked towards him.

His deep voice caught your attention. His voice is really deep, and manly. He spoke in a firm, and clear tone.

“I can’t raise this child with a stranger.” You finally said as you looked at Mrs. Kim.

“Neither am I.” You heard the male say.

His deep tone became even deeper, cave deep, and you felt a shudder pass down your spine. You shook your head.

“Can’t you fix this problem Mrs. Kim. I really want to adopt this child alone, and you know how capable I am of raising this child.” He added as he looked at Mrs. Kim.

His sharp eyes were on her, his posture was straight, and lean. He looked like a business man, dealing with some trade.

You were speechless to hear the male say that, and how he tried to negotiate. How could he have the nerve to say that? He was practically trying to win over you, and get this adoption.

“Unbelievable!” You gasped, feeling furious now.

“Mrs. Kim, you know very well that I am also capable of raising this child. I got a lot of experience with kids, and I’ve even work in an orphanage.” You fired back, your voice became colder as you looked at the stranger with the sharp eyes.

Both you and the stranger gazed at each other with fiery eyes. You stared into his eyes. They were quite dark, deep, and pulling.

You were really mad now, and you could see on his face that he was also mad. He had his jaw clenched as he gazed at you. His eyes seemed to become darker.

You had no idea of how long you stared at each other, but none of you broke off the gaze. You gave him an equal hard look, and he furrowed his brows.

“The both of you need to behave. I’m really sorry for this error. We didn’t know such thing could have happened.” The older woman said, before she excused herself, and went away to look through some papers.

You were alone in the room with your lawyer, and the stranger, the brazen stranger, who was also going to adopt your future child.

The guy, who you knew as Mr. Bang, began to pace around the room, while running his hand through his hair.

He was tall, and he had a lean physique. The suit he wore fitted his built, in ways you had never seen on a man.

The suit hugged his arms, and thighs. He suddenly stopped in his tracks, and stared off the window. Your eyes somehow fell upon his back. He had broad shoulders, and a lean back. He had black hair that was pushed back.

Who is he, and what does he work as since he got a high income? He cannot possible get this adoption from me. You wondered.

“Listen up Miss, I’ll pay you any amount of money you want.” He began, his deep tone pulled you out of your reverie.

He spun around, and you froze, staring straight into his sharp, and dark eyes. “Just give up on this adoption.” He suddenly said, and you gapped at him, surprised, again.

He really wasn’t ashamed at all, he was so brazen, he was going to show off that he has a lot of money now. 

This arrogant rich jerk. You were more furious now, because he offered you money. You stood up from your seat, and stared into his sharp eyes.

“Excuse me, you can’t buy yourself out of this. I also want this child!” You raised your voice.

He became silent, your gazes were locked, and you noticed how he tightened his jaw. His face looked hard as stone now.

Both of you gave each other the death glare, and you suddenly thought about something. He seemed really desperate to get this adoption. He has a lot of money, and you could only think of one thing.

“Are you incapable of making children?” You asked him bluntly.

The male's face turned into a bright red color at your straightforward question. His warm complexion became flushed.

If he really was incapable of making children, you would let him become the adoptive parent, because you couldn’t be selfish as you actually can give birth. You wouldn’t take that opportunity from him. Although, you also want this child.

“No, I am not.” He said, and you heard his tone go deeper. His voice was ocean deep.

He really had a deep, and empowering voice. You couldn’t help but think that he’s probably used to getting what he wants, since he tried bribing you.

You had never heard a man with such an ethereal tone that was so pulling. He could probably convince anyone with his deep tone, but you weren’t going to let this slide easily.

“How about you?” He asked.

He clenched his teeth together, his jaw looked sharper, and you felt bewildered that he asked you the same question.

For a split second, the thought about lying crossed your mind, maybe it would make him give up the adoption. But that would be wrong, and you weren’t a shallow person. So, you told him the truth.

“There’s nothing wrong with my.. fertility.” You said.

You couldn’t help, but feel embarrassed, for telling such a private thing to a stranger. A stranger, who is qu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter