Oak Tree

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What have you guys done to the tree?" Sora almost freaked out but had to restrain herself so as not to appear antagonistic.

"Ms. Sora, the team and I thought it would be nice to put a hammock so we can relax during our free time. It would not be a good idea to lay down on that bench, don't you think?" Teacher Kim reasoned out pointing at the wooden bench Leeteuk usually sits.

Sora sighed "Alright. Don't worry about that. Just please make sure no harm will be done unto the tree."

"Uhh.. Ms. Sora, out of interest.. I would like to know why are you so protective of this oak tree? from what I heard you intentionally bought the entire lot where this tree is located just to build this school."

Sora redeemed her thoughts and in a downhearted response she spoke  "... It is... very important to me.."

*****

In the middle of the parents and teachers conference, Sora's mobile phone rang incessantly. Everyone looked at her direction. Embarassed by the commotion she caused, she apologized and stepped out to not disrupt further the gathering.

Heechul who was sitting next to Leeteuk grinned contrary to Leeteuk who had a displeased look on his face as he eyed Sora walking out the door.

*****

"Hello? Ju Hwan, I'm sorry but can we talk later? I am in an important meeting. I got to go.. ok bye."

Minutes after the meeting concluded, Sora headed back to her office. Her eyes were drawn at the red petals scattered all over the floor. As she entered the room, Ju Hwan was already there patiently waiting. He wore a smart casual attire but established a very manly appeal. Though he immediately flashed a smile, his eyes spoke of a serious mission.

"Sora, I always plan on how to do this right and look cool in front of you but it's not easy." Ju Hwan jittery started. Sora giggled to see him so nervous.

"I wanted to give you the space you needed hence I opted to stay by your side and waited for your heart to heal. I want you to be happy again Sora."

Ju Hwan kneeled in front of Sora and presented a gold diamond ring. "Sora, you are the woman I want to be with for the rest of my life. I promise not to hurt you. Please accept my heart and marry me."

Tears ran down on Sora's face. She knew where this is going. She convinced herself everyday to open her heart and this is her chance to make a difference, to be happy again.

Lost for words she finally uttered... "Ju Hwan, I.... I thank you for being there for me when I needed someone to listen. You never failed to make me smile all this time."

She paused to compose herself. The last thing she wanted to do is inflict pain on someone but this is the only way she knows how. Giving false hopes will just hurt them both. 

".... You have a special place in my heart but.... I am not ready for this. I do not think I will ever be.... I am sorry that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter