Spice up my party

Let Out The Beast

Kyungsoo shifted his gaze from the gin he was nursing to the commotion over at the counter.

“Omo! Isn’t he adorable?”

“His bodyline, look at that. Oh, my gosh.”

“I’m sure he is a y kitten under that god awful glasses and shapeless sweater.”

“Wanna verify it? Let’s invite him for the night!”

“You’re right. Let’s!”

Kyungsoo felt obliged to rescue that shy Shadowhunter those feys are ogling at. If only they knew that he is more than capable to kill those two with that paper napkin he was currently wiping his mouth with. Almost as if he could sense an approaching person (“Well, he most probably could.” thought Kyungsoo), that Shadowhunter turned in his seat. “Do Kyungsoo,” he breathed.

“Hello, Kim Jongin. I never knew Shadowhunters frequent Taki’s.”

The two feys gasped at the word ‘Shadowhunter’ and quickly slunk away.

Jongin fiddled with his used napkin. “You don’t have to call me by my full name.”

Kyungsoo lifted an eyebrow. “Just returning the favour.”

They both remained silent, in that bubble of theirs. After what seems like an eternity, Jongin shuffled to his feet. “I have to leave. Gotta go.”

Looking at the slowly retreating figure, Kyungsoo hesitated for a second before following Jongin out. He lifted his hood over his head; it was drizzling lightly outside. He breathed in the moist night air deeply several times, all the while walking a few paces behind the now hunched over Shadowhunter. Apparently, Shadowhunters do not incorporate rain preventing mechanisms into their gear.

“You don’t have to follow me.”

Kyungsoo narrowed his owlish eyes. “Well, you’re not picking up my calls.”

Jongin shrugged.

Kyungsoo hastened his pace to catch up with Jongin and grabbed his arm. Jongin glared back and tried to wrestle free.

“Let me go!”

Kyungsoo released him slowly, only removing his hold when it was clear that Jongin was not running away. “You’re a Shadowhunter. Your strength rune still holds. You can fight me off easily if you really wanted to escape.”

Jongin picked at a stray thread on his sweater. “What’s your point, Mr Do?”

“Oh, so now I am Mr Do, huh?” snorted Kyungsoo. He withdrew a key from his pocket and tucked it into Jongin’s hands. “This is the key to my apartment. You are welcome anytime.” Kyungsoo patted Jongin’s shoulder a couple of times before walking away.

Jongin stood there, unmoving, until he heard Kyungsoo calling out at him. “Party at my apartment, the day after tomorrow. Bring your brothers along. I need some Shadowhunters’ presence to spice up my party.”

***

Jongin rapped on the door and opened it without waiting for any invite to enter. It was his younger brother’s room and he was pretty sure both his brothers would be there, preening for the party. Sure enough, the first one he saw when he stepped into the room was his older brother, Tao, scrutinizing the mirror to perfect his eye makeup. His younger brother, Sehun, was tweaking the tips of his hair, adjusting it a minute of a degree to each side, trying to determine the best angle for that strand of hair to tilt to. Jongin sighed and sat down heavily on Sehun’s bed. “Stop it. You might as well be a peacock during mating season.”

Sehun looked over at Jongin and gasped. “You’re wearing that?!”

Jongin stood up and gave himself a one over with the full length mirror. True enough, he looked shabby next to his brothers. Tao was wearing a leather long pants that shimmered subtly when he moved. Whatever leather it was, Jongin has no intention to know. Moving up, Tao has on a light beige tunic top with a brown fitted jacket over. He had brown eyeshadow ringing his eyes and dark eyeliner on his lower eyelids. The result was intense, more so with the grey contact lenses he had on. His cheeks are bronzed perfectly to enhance his angular cheekbones. His hair was hanging down at the side and swept back over the top in a windswept shape that seems effortless, if only Jongin hadn’t walked in on him doing his hair about four hours earlier. Sehun had on tight white pants that seems to be all sheer material and yet seems to be solid hard shell armour. Glamour? Something from the far future? Jongin had no idea. The plain tank top Sehun had on accentuated his lean muscles. The black biker jacket draped over the back of a chair, ready to go, seems to be straggly with lots of straps dangling off it, but Jongin knew better how much that actually costs and how many people Sehun had to bump off the waiting list to actually get his hands on it. Sehun had his eyes done rather similar to Tao, all down to the grey contact lenses. While Tao’s eyes were slicked to the side like a cat’s eye, Sehun had his eyeshadow smudged around the ends. His hair seems to be nothing that amazing, just styled up in spikes, if not for the bright silver strands of what seems like strands of mercury interlacing among his natural dark hair.

“What’s wrong with jeans and hoodies? For your information, these are just washed and came out of the dryer about an hour ago.” muttered Jongin.

Tao shrugged. “Kyungsoo finds you attractive even if you turn up in an apron. Whatever rocks your boat then.”

Sehun snickered. “Especially if Jongin wears only an apron. That’ll turn Kyungsoo on.”

Jongin groaned in exasperation. “We are leaving right now.”

***

The party could be heard five blocks away. Jongin highly suspected that it was the glamours in place that prevented the mundane neighbours from reporting to the police. Once he caught sight of the party guests, Jongin deeply regretted that he turned away Sehun’s offer to lend him that pair of blue grey pants. Or Tao’s offer to do up his hair. Or that ripped hoodie he actually had stashed in his wardrobe. Or maybe he should even gotten some makeup done. Or perhaps that-

“Jongin?”

The three brothers turned around swiftly in unison. Kyungsoo lifted his hands and grinned. Jongin felt a jolt, looking at the cashmere sweater he had on that had bright silver strands like those in Sehun’s hair, running through the material. It was hard to look y in a sweater, especially for someone with Kyungsoo’s stature but somehow he managed to look as y as can be. Or maybe, Jongin thought, it is those electric blue leggings he had one that seems to hug him well in all the right places. Jongin’s gaze wandered until he caught Kyungsoo’s eyes and gulped.

***

Just like fishes in water, Tao and Sehun mingled among the guests fast and quickly disappeared from sight. Jongin spun the cup in his hands absentmindedly and tried hard not to let his eyes follow a certain smaller warlock who was playing a really good host to his guests.

Jongin would be lying if he said that he doesn’t find Kyungsoo attractive. At first glance, anyone would underestimate Kyungsoo due to his small stature but anyone who dared to mention that will definitely earn a hard glare from the warlock, which explained why he was deemed the most powerful and influential warlock of the century. His graveness was also due to his vast powers. Despite that, he was proved time and time again that he was a powerful ally to have and could tolerate no nonsense. At the same time, he was extremely understanding to situations and could be as kind as he was strict. One would never find Kyungsoo to be friendly but he was. He was friends with numerous Downworlders and Shadowhunters alike without prejudice. He believed that ultimately, Downworlders, Shadowhunters and mundanes are the occupants of Earth and everyone plays a part in protecting their home. With that belief, he threw parties. It may be a far dream compare to the parties he threw, but he enjoyed playing a host and this was all he could do without exhausting his power and create an uproar among mundanes.

Kyungsoo had no problem mingling with people. That never had been a problem to him, until Kim Jongin. He had no idea what the young Shadowhunter was thinking about. He was sure that Jongin likes him and he had shown Jongin multiple times that his feelings were equally returned. Just when he thought that their relationship could take another step forward, Jongin pulled a trick like what he did two weeks ago. He stopped picking up his calls. When they met, be it for official purposes or not, Jonging treated Kyungsoo formally, almost too formally to be someone who was an acquaintance, although it was obvious that they were more than acquaintance. Kyungsoo had never felt this way. He finally understood what people meant when they said that they felt as if their lifeline were shortened by ten years, even though that will never be the case for him due to his immortality.

Now, he could see Jongin standing to the side awkwardly. His long fingers were tangled into his hoodie, tugging it here and there restlessly. Kyungsoo sighed and went over, tugging Jongin’s fingers free. “Is that how you treat your clothes? Is this why your clothes just gets bigger and bigger?”

Jongin stiffened. “I don’t see why my way of dressing is any matter of yours.”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. “Why not? Fashion is something you should never forego, even when you’re battling a million demons at a go. I believe that with proper dressings in place, you’ve already won half the battle. Especially when you have the body that makes any clothes look perfect on you.”

“Then I suppose hoodie and jeans works fine too.”

Kyungsoo s an arm around Jongin’s waist and pulled him closer. “That’s true. I find you attractive in anything.” Kyungsoo stretched himself upwards and nibbled on Jongin’s jawline. Jongin froze in place before letting out a sigh as he leaned in closer to the shorter man. He lifted his hands carefully and brushed up Kyungsoo’s arm and clutched on his shoulders to pull him closer.

Kyungsoo grinned at the reaction he was getting out of Jongin. “That wasn’t too difficult now, right? Let loose, Shadowhunter. There’s nothing for you to kill here.” He kissed Jongin hard on his lips and when Jongin kissed him back, he tugged on his hands. “Come. Follow me.”

Jongin followed obediently, in the direction he recognised as the way to Kyungsoo’s private bedroom. “Wait, I thought you needed us to spice up your party?”

“Your brothers are. Spicing up the party, that’s it.” Kyungsoo gestured with his chin and Jongin could see Sehun dancing on the dance floor with his crowd of fans. Tao was making out passionately with a pale fey with dark dragon wings out of his back. “You, on the other hand, are here to spice up my personal party.” Jongin heard the lock of the room clicked shut. His quick Shadowhunter reflexes were not enough to stop Kyungsoo from pushing him onto his bed.

Kyungsoo crawled on top of Jongin, straddling him. “Shall we get our private party started?”

Jongin released all his control on his actions and groaned. In a flash, he flipped their position around, with him hovering over Kyungsoo. He pulled his hoodie off in one action and growled. “Shall we?”

Kyungsoo could only grin wider when Jongin started kissing him. He moaned into the kiss and ran his finger nail down Jongin’s back, kissing back with equal passion.

The beast had been released.


Comments please? :)