14th December

25 Days of December

Taekwoon stood staring at the snowman he and Wonshik had made, a new layer of snow about four inches deep causing it to look a bit misshapen. He was waiting outside in the hopes of running into Wonshik when he finished work again and he was currently trying to think of some sort of excuse for it. He'd considered pushing the snowman over so they'd have to build another one – or at least put it back together – but he couldn't bring himself to do it, even though the wonky smile seemed to be mocking him.

But then he spotted Wonshik approaching from down the street and he knew his chance was lost. He dithered for a moment, mind divided as he tried to go back inside and move down the path at the same time.

Wonshik smiled when he saw him and all strength seemed to leave his legs. He couldn't help remembering what Jaehwan had said to him the day before about how Wonshik couldn't take his eyes off of him. There was no way that could be true.

Then Wonshik slipped on a patch of ice but this time Taekwoon was too far away to catch him. Luckily, he managed to regain enough control to make himself land on the snow-covered lawn instead of the unforgiving concrete.

Taekwoon hurried over, moving on to the grass himself to keep from imitating Wonshik's tumble. "Are you okay?" he asked frantically.

Wonshik looked up at him for a moment, dazed, before a bashful giggle sounded past his lips and he covered his face with his hands. "I'm fine," he mumbled between gloved fingers. He lay back on the snow with a sigh and stretched out his arms and legs to make a snow angel as Taekwoon watched on in bemusement.

"Get down here before I feel even more embarrassed," Wonshik said, gesturing to the space beside him and Taekwoon couldn't contain a quiet snort of laughter.

He slowly lowered himself to sit beside him but Wonshik tugged on the back of his coat, forcing him to lay down.

"Come on, he needs a friend," Wonshik encouraged.

"Or—" Taekwoon snapped his mouth shut and complied with Wonshik's order, ignoring the younger asking him to finish his sentence. He had planned to say Or a lover but it was so... cringe-inducing – and much too bold – that silence was without doubt the better option.

They didn't linger for much longer, the chill in the air beginning to seep beneath their skin, and Taekwoon didn't complain when Wonshik clung on to his arm to keep himself steady, not letting go even once they were inside the building.